I KNOW HOW TO MAKE YOU SLEEP

TAG
OUTFIT
Mithril cloak
WORDS
OUTFIT
Bullwhip

T
he shrine and all of it's petulant glory had begun to thrum in the distance, practically replacing the oxygen with anxiety as tensions rose upon the air. Less vigilant than he should be and distracted by his opponent, the serpent himself was hardly expecting what the gods-forsaken place had in store for him today.
From the altar it approached. A bodiless form, one giving no drum of heart nor of breath, pressing it's weight into the swampy earth; only after the THWACK and BOOF of exploding smoke sounded from behind the attacking stag did he finally turn his bewildered crown around to face an entire tendril of snakes, slithering from the root of the explosion at his heels.
A gasp, breathless and misplaced among the fog errupted form his maw as Toulouse leapt from the growing bloom at his feet and the smoke and snaked that birthed it.
Then spoke the thunder.
'Kaos approves of this challenge.'

Chest rising and collapsing with each gasp, a sheen of nervous sweat gathered upon the shaken fighter's pelt, the victor strode forth. Blood and glory was the least of the thief's concern as he sheepishly craned his head to the muddied floor, dipping his maw to the wry grass and puddle water and tentatively lipping the blackened knife into his jaws. The victory was his, as was the enchanting blade, and yet he quivered, he quaked, eyes not daring to part from his ominous surroundings; not even to inspect the newly-won blade he held between his teeth. He didn't remember Kaos ever speaking in third-person before. Was this even Kaos?
"Show yourself!" The stag taunted, though immediately regretted his brash and thoughtless boom. He'd seen that bone monster throw Nyx aside as if she was naught but a daisy.

Day-of-shadow@deviantart.com
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Messages In This Thread
the wolves - by Toulouse - 04-24-2017, 07:16 PM
RE: the wolves - by Kaos - 04-27-2017, 10:25 AM