the Rift

[OPEN] Precious Peace

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

The birds, they got help from below
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow

The rest of the World’s Edge had seemed busy with the temple as of late, which, Dragomir supposed, he couldn’t discredit them.  He did, after all, feel very strongly towards the patronage of the Goddess, having lived in her wood for so many years, but it wasn’t the same sort of love that he felt for the Earth, or the old Gods his parents had painted with their words when he was but a foal.  So, though he admired the Moon and appreciated that she was such a studious caretaker of her people, the painted man was also not first in line to thrust himself into such activities. 

Let those who sought to fill their hearts with a sense of servitude to a Goddess they believed they owed, instead.  All he would be doing would be moving rock and bramble, not furrowing channels for Divine love to flow within his heart, as many of them were doing; so, he instead did what he enjoyed to do most, and what made him feel as if he were routing channels from the universe into his soul.

Creating.

Not with stone or metal, this time, but with rope, several types of cordages woven from different fibers of various diameters spread out before him, each natural and less than perfect, but sturdy, and supple.  He’s spend most of the early morning into the late afternoon crushing and weaving the strands, and now that he’s got everything set out and ready to begin his true studies, the craftsman has taken a moment to simply relax.

Dust dances in the heavy, golden Tallsun air, the last dregs of the dreamy heat that had accompanied this serenely cool season promising, with the droop of the weary boughs and leaves upon the trees, that Orangemoon was soon to come.  With lazy sways of his tail and an even lazier expression, one lip droops like those leaves above, and his ears flick leisurely atop his head, casting what flies land upon them back into the air (for a moment, anyway).  With a heady sigh of relaxation, the humble man breathes in the wonderful day, and silently thanks the Earth God for creating such a beautiful world for everyone to share, here in Helovia, and Father Nieque, for the blood coursing through his veins, giving him opportunity to behold such splendor at all.

Manipulation by the lovely Shady, Table by Time

@Amaris
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Amaris
drákos istoría

Born to the lands of mist and mystery, Amaris still wondered at the beauty of the realm, the irrefutable splendour that draped the woods and even those who dwelled within. Every day that dawned she was greeted with warmth through the bond that linked her soul to another, and beauty that stole her breath away whenever she looked around. It may look like another woodland to any other, but to Amaris, to behold such mammoth trees and to have seen many of them when they were fresh saplings now risen to healthy trees was.. Something she could not describe, exactly. It was like coming home, to one's comfort zone, to where one belonged - she had not felt this when she lived at the Throat, this sense of belonging, not truly, though she did call the herdland home, and the herd within family for some time.

Perhaps it was the comforting presence of her cousin, or the bond that filled her heart with joy, or even the new strength she found in herself, that contributed to this feeling. Or perhaps it was none of that - maybe it was simply the dragonmare had returned to her birthlands at last, and finally, truly loved her life once more. Though she did not have an exact purpose - the rank of Philosopher was reasonably open for interpretation - she found herself pleasantly engaged in learning the crafts and activities of others, in listening to the lores and histories of other realms from newcomers, in hearing and seeing new perspectives on the same world so that it appeared new again. The mists were metaphorical for all that she did not know, but wished to know - perhaps if she spent enough time in them, she would unlock their mysteries too.

Evening was approaching, and the dragonmare wandered, as she was wont to do, with her golden companion in tow. No other spirits accompanied them today, Amaris had been calling upon them less and less recently, not out of fear or inability, but simply because her heart was full enough of her little king's presence (and besides, Dramyrth rather hated to share his beloved's attention). It is with a small token of surprise that they come across the crafter, evidently resting after a hard day's work, twitching only enough so that insects did not settle upon his hide too long. Suspicions immediately rose to the dragonmare's mind, though she did not know the cause - it was like she should know him from somewhere. He was clearly a herdmate, and though she hadn't met all the current residents of the Edge yet, she felt like she should know this one -

Ah! the thought, the memory, blossomed suddenly within her membrane, as the mare let loose a happy, but still gentle call. She hadn't wanted to disturb him from his restful reverie, but the excitement of recognition was too strong within her - she approached him now, more confident in her step as she wove between the boughs and through the ever-present mists.
"Dragomir?" she questioned, her voice unsure despite her burst of confidence (which was fuelled largely by hope that the memories she held weren't too warped by the childhood lens she recalled them through). "I didn't know you were here," she said, not really communicating what she meant very well - not really caring, as the closer she got, the happier she got, the more certain she got that yes, this was Dragomir, from her childhood, the young steed who assisted her on the borders one day, the quiet one who attended meetings her mother called and otherwise was a familiar face from her past.

"How are you?! It's wonderful to see you again!" Forgetting her desire not to disturb, the mare made to do just that, firing questions and otherwise attempting to interact with the stallion. Dramyrth flitted in the treetops above, a loose leaf drifted down from his vague location every now and then - he wasn't always the most sociable creature, and hung back until he deemed the situation worth his investigation.
Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart

@Dragomir
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Bunnie

Even the way his name is formed reminds him of the years long ago, when all his friends had lived here, together, and the wood had been filled with the voices of dragons. Lifting his head from his drowsy rest and blinking the encroaching sleep from his sky-bright eyes, the somber stallion feels a pressure in his chest that feels like loss and happiness all in the same bundle.

It is not Semira, he notes, most immediately, but her sister, Amaris; of the two, he has been less close to the gold, than he was her cheerful sibling. Having shared many afternoons in the shade with the other dragon-mare of the Edge, it is joyful as much as it melancholy to see Amaris again. Not because she makes him sad – he’s quite happy to see her, actually, from the faint smile which traces his lips, and the way his lazy ears lift – but the memory of how much he missed her sister, and that the sight of her inspires that hole to become most poignantly clear.

He remains quiet when she makes her way towards him, her wings that, once might have frightened him, or made him nervous, now mostly just remind him of home, and the awkward boy he once was. She, like him, has changed, her demeanor less reserved and cool than it had been when they’d last met, replaced instead with a good natured cheer that all the more reminded him of long missing Semira. Other changes are less evident, and seek to elude his gaze; glancing up as a leaf tumbles down from above, he barely spies the gleam of gold through the boughs overhead, and figures, as she was surely bound to at some point in her life, the dragon-mare had bonded to a dragon worthy of her vibrant scales.

Just like her sister, Dragomir is unsure as to whether or not Amaris is aware of the sort of reverence her being inspires in a man who had been raised to believe dragons were sacred. That she so easily enfolds him in a conversation, much like her sister used to, is an enchantment that quickly steals him, and with an awkward smile, he does his best to accommodate the friendly Goddess in his crafting grove.

It is good to see you again too, Amaris, he warmly tells her, offering the mare his muzzle, to exchange breath in a traditional equine greeting (he didn’t have elemental breath to say hello as dragons did, after all); shy, as usual, what eye contact is made by Dragomir during this gesture (if she accepts) is minimal, especially with a gaze as harrowing as a dragoness’, I haven’t been home very long. Only since the end of Birdsong, when the Earth God sent his herd away.

In case she tries to apologize to him (most everyone else had), he offers her a warm smile, quickly adding:

I didn’t live there long, either, though, he chuckles, managing to find humor in it all, despite the rather frightening reason why the herd had been disbanded in the first place, it’s almost as if the Goddess or some other higher being wants me here. Who is your handsome friend, overhead?

He asks, knowing that one of the best ways to dragon's heart was flattery, and rather keen, himself, on getting to see the gold with better scrutiny.

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Amaris
drákos istoría

Nostalgia was becoming a permanent state of mind for the dragonmare, had she been aware of the memories and sensations Dragonmir was reliving upon seeing her scaled hide she would have almost celebrated, for here was one she could share in her past with; here was one who understood, who knew what happened from back then, who knew what it was to live in the family that was the Qian, under the watchful gaze of the DragonHeart, who was by no means perfect but did everything she could in the name of protecting her herd, her family. Misguided at times, perhaps, but one could not deny the efficiency of her methods.

Bending towards him, she shared his greeting most warmly, huffing his breaths in and breathing her own out. Dramyrth, above, gave a mental scoff at the niceties his bonded must go through every time she met another, from simply nodding her tiara to bumping her nose, he didn't understand it. This, coming from one who insists on crash-tackling Vadir every time he sees her? Amaris asked, and was left with a somewhat frosty silence in reply (this usually meant that Dramyrth saw her point but was flat-out refusing to admit it). Though she had not known him well prior, she vaguely recalled her sister having more to do with him, and intended on informing him of her sister's wellbeing (at least, she was well the last time Amaris saw her, though her lands appeared to be trapped in a timeslip of sorts now, so it was hard to be sure exactly what or where she was now..), if the conversation went that way.

She listened to his short recap of his recent whereabouts, offering a small glance of consolation as she heard that he was one of the many who had resided at the Falls, but easily accepting his explanation that he hadn't been there long anyway. A small laugh, her version of a chuckle, bubbled up as he mentioned the Goddess seemingly pulling him back here - in a way, Amaris felt that similar had been done to her. He questioned who was shifting the leaves in the branches above them then, and Dramyrth hastily stopped all his motions, seeking to blend in with the canopy, to become invisible, to erase knowledge of his presence from the minds of those he was not bonded to.

"That would be Dramyrth," his bondmate said, unceremoniously introducing him, breaking the 'illusion' of his non-existence. Though he had been labelled as handsome (which he liked, vain as he inevitably was), he was also in somewhat of a mood, unwilling to soften his resolve and interact with those below, he simply turned into a statue, silent and stationary. "He is handsome," Amaris agreed, intentionally prodding the dragon through their bond, "but also grumpy," she said with conspiratorial wink to Dragomir.

That was all that was needed, as suddenly a great cry sounded from above, and a great many more leaves tumbled down. Then, in a flurry of foliage and golden scales, appeared the great golden king himself, Dramyrth. He came most proudly into their midst, seeking to prove that he was indeed handsome and not grumpy in any way - he blew a frosty fog-circle at his bonded, before deigning to circle the duo overhead, demonstrating his prowess as a perfect specimen.
"He was the first male gold dragon I'd ever heard of," Amaris said softly, "though our Seer is bonded to a young one as well now, so they mustn't be all that strange."
Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart

@Dragomir
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Bunnie

Laughing as the dragon stills his motions, seemingly more offended by the idea of having been noticed than that notice involving complements, the man finds he misses the Dragon Isle with a pang of homesickness that still occasionally threatens to overwhelm him. Of course, now that memory of home also comes with loss, rather than just joy and family, and so there is an air of bitterness to the otherwise sweetly recollected, humid and dragon riddled jungle land of his youth. He also has many tender and wonderful things to think of here, in the forest of mists, such as Letha, Ranjiri, Alysanne, and the others he had befriended in his years here; as Amaris introduces her bonded and the crafter looks upon her with his blue eyes, perhaps he also has more of home here than he thinks he does.

Grinning as she winks and the dragon sequentially appears from the canopy above, even more offended at being called grumpy than he was at being noticed, apparently. He is gold, which, like Amaris, Dragomir finds strange; most royal males were bronze, and most also had fire breath. Dramyrth proves to be peculiar in both rights, his puff of frosty breath earning a curious but enthralled glance from the tri-colored stallion.

Your mother always said that Helovia was not the same as Isilme, he smiles, deciding its fitting; Isilme was, after all, where his dragon based knowledge stemmed from, due to his family’s heritage, and the islands near proximity to the land of the Original Three, yet, I agree, it is peculiar. My mother’s male was bronze, always envious of the gilded females for being faster and stronger than he was. It might have crushed his spirit to meet Dramyrth here. No female would ever look at him again, so he’d be sure.

Smiling in memory of my mother’s arrogant Israfel, and how, surely, Niddhoggr would still care for him as she always had, even with gold males about, attempting to win her affections, Dragomir actually is the one to continue talking, for once.

When did you bond with him? he asks with an interested grin.

[ OOC: I'm the worst D: so slow with poor Dragomir ]

@Amaris
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Amaris
drákos istoría

Mention of her mother stirs various emotions, reactions, within her. It was as if she was bracing for criticism, for judgement, for scorn or hatred or sheer, complete contempt - and yet she received none. Dragomir spoke with affection, with nostalgia of forgotten times, of old lores and methods and dragons and fond childhoods where the illusion of peace and safety was paramount. He spoke of Isilme, of the land where her mother bonded to her mystical golden queen dragon, of the land where she first discovered magic, where she would begin her journey as herself, and not just as the daughter of a flame and a shadow. Amaris knew all the stories well, and she supposed Dragomir did too - he had actually been there for at least some of it.

Dramyrth didn't know what to think, he didn't know whether to like the steed's assessment of him or to be jealous that Dragomir had this history with his bonded. He withheld his judgement, coasting along on his bonded's feelings of contentment combined with nostalgia, which arose after her initial expectation of harsh words. He continued to preen and otherwise be regal and outstanding, which was easy of course, being the glorious specimen that he was.

His question brought on a whole new wave of emotions however, as Amaris relived the recent turn of events. How long, indeed?

"Curiously, barely two seasons ago - it's a bit complicated," she admitted, looking over her shoulder to the fully grown dragon who stretched and showed off his physique. "I bonded with him not long after I met with my mother for the last time.. I wanted to speak with the dragons of my bloodline about him, to see my father and sister, to inform them of the events unfolding here. My journey was only supposed to take half a season at most, but when I arrived there, Dramyrth grew ill." She paused, swallowing as she prepared for the rest of her story.

"I hurried back, and upon crossing the borders into Helovia again, he awoke. It wasn't until then that I realised how much he had grown, and that the season around us were wrong. It seems that he is as bound to Helovia as he is to me - he aged almost a full two years in that time, with the rest of Helovia. I feel that so much has both changed and yet stayed the same here.."

Her words drifted off slightly, as she grew thoughtful. Then she remembered, she had wanted to give him news of her sister.

"I saw Semira while I was away, if briefly. She was well before I had to leave, though I know not what effects this 'timeslip' might have upon her ability to ever return to Helovia." It was a slightly sad comment, a realisation she had come to long ago - but Amaris had chosen, she had chosen Dramyrth, she had chosen Tandavi, and Helovia, and all that came with it.

Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart

@Dragomir
I like being tagged!