the Rift

[PRIVATE] The rune that sends her

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra
She sets out with a purpose today. Raven and her have been collecting feathers, and they have more than enough of them. Now they just need a bored crafter. Tallsun is growing to a close, the days a cooler. Not that they ever get particularly hot in the Basin, but when she leaves, she notices that the sun doesn’t try to bake her quite so often as she moves south. The days are a bit shorter, and soon, Orangemoon would be upon them. Time flies when you are having fun, and there’s a part of her that feels like she’s lived here forever. Which of course, is far from true. She hasn’t even lived here a year, but the Basin fit her like a glove, and somedays it was easy to forget that she’d lived anywhere else.

Of course she had grown up outside Helovia and then spent a year traveling from her childhood home to year, stopping along the way. Her own personal road trip, looking for nothing in particular, just the right place. She’d had no idea how she would know the right place when she found it, but she’d figured it would probably bite her in the ass. Helovia had not bitten her in the ass (not at first, anyway), but it had grabbed her attention. After all, it took Raven from here, though somehow, seemed unable to take her resurrection. Maybe because that power was tied to the rune on her chest.

It’s the rune that sends her looking for a crafter now. The crafters in the Basin wouldn’t be able to make all of what she needed (wanted, maybe), but they would be able to make most of it. She’d just have to find the last little bit. She’s never seen the one crafter, but she remembers the black and white girl from the Steppe and the strange encounter with the otter that wasn’t an otter. And she remembers when the girl was promoted. A horse as big as her should be easy enough to find, right?

Raven caws, setting off in his own direction, knowing the target of their search. One of the two of them would manage to find her, most likely, assuming she was in the Basin. And also not hanging out in a cave. Well, here’s hoping Lady Luck is on her side.

- weaver -

@Vertigo
Feel free to pp Raven or Weaver finding her. If you prefer I can edit the post to have Weaver find her and just state her request. Thanks!

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by AmoretteRose

Vertigo Posts: 34
Aurora Basin Weaver
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: Four
DarkShadow
The brutish mare hums to herself as she gathers. A bit of spiders web here, a dab of tree sap there. The only sound for miles, that she can discern anyways, is that of her humming and the occasional swish of her lengthy, two-toned tail. The temperature as of late had made it easy for Vertigo to simply meander about her new home and explore. She’d taken it upon herself to gather as she went, experimenting with her crafting. She was teaching herself and she’d become quite good at the art in the short time she had to practice. So pleased with her progression, the mare had allowed herself a break from her practicing.

She hadn’t been in the Basin long, but she was beginning to feel at home here. Sure, she hadn’t met many of the residents and the few she had, well, let’s just say that ending hadn’t been as great as she’d hoped. However, Vertigo had felt a shift in herself since then. Almost like a whole shift in her personality. The Draft was becoming more confident in herself and more eager to prove that she was useful. The only difference was that now, she actually was pretty useful.

A smile grin reached her features at the thought. Yes, now she wasn’t as much of a bumbling youngster who had no idea what to do with herself. It would be more time still until she was fully mature, sure, but Ve was pleased with her progress.

A far off caw dragged the maiden from her thoughts and her sapphire eyes reached the skies. Spotting a black blot against the Tallsun sky, Vertigo snorted to herself. It wasn’t long before a stray breeze brought with it a familiar scent. It was one she’d encountered more than once and the female tilted her head slightly in thought. As the fellow two-toned mare came into view, a look of recognition danced across her face. Ah! Weaver, was it? The winged mare was nice, at least, from Vertigo’s point of view she hadn’t been rude or cruel. And, to her, that was more than kind. It was a blessing.

Ve nickered a hello, her ears prickling forward against her antlers. She wondered silently what brought the mare her way. Weaver was far more than capable of taking care of herself and Vertigo was a little envious of that. She wished she was as brave as the Pegasus, but wasn’t one to make the feeling obvious. Instead, she offered a smile. “How are you, Weaver?” The question was both sincere and one asked out of embarrassment. She hoped that, in fact, she had remembered the mare’s name correctly.

"Talk."
Vertigo
And I'll be there for you
As the world falls down
lines | color & coding
[Image: ve_chibi_by_hoofbeatdesigns-daya7ew.gif]
Please tag Vertigo in all posts
Non-Lethal Magic/Attacks Allowed
Pixel by me :)

Weaver, nice? That is kind of laughable, except that lately Weaver had been trying to be nice. At least with her fellow herdmates, anyway, because she didn’t feel like chasing them all away. What good did it possibly do to be rude them, unless they deserved it? In truth, she’d just generally been a little nicer, mostly, though she still couldn’t contain her tongue when someone really deserved it. She was less than nice to the annoying Edge delegation, and far from nice when Yael had trundling in being Yael. Which to be fair, she has every right to be far from nice to the mare that once dangled her above the ground and then wiped her memory. The little golden mare and her bleeding heart had finally let guilt win and returned Weaver to normal, but there was definitely a period of Weaver’s life where she’d been someone else entirely.

Sometimes, Weaver is definitely not nice.

It’s not long before the black and white draft comes into view, and Weaver offers her a nod of greeting. “Vertigo, just the mare I’m looking for,” she says, that Cheshire grin spreading on her face. “I’ve been well. You were good, by the way, with the crazy otter thing,” she says, recalling how the once scared girl had stood up for the small creatures around her. Not that Weaver has any real soft spot for creatures and had been there entirely for the potential reward, but still. Someone needed to care about the little otters. And Vertigo had done well.

“I admit I was looking for you for far more selfish reasons than a compliment though,” she begins. Raven comes to join them then, grabbing a collection of raven feathers from behind Weaver’s wing where she’d tucked them for safekeeping. “If you don’t have more pressing herd things to make, I was hoping you could make me a black cape with raven feathers at the collar, and a few straps around the shoulders.” She pauses for a moment, hoping that all made sense, and then looks back at Vertigo adding, “If you don’t mind, of course.”

- weaver -

@Vertigo

Please tag in all posts
Image by AmoretteRose

Aurora Basin Weaver
DarkShadow
It’s odd for her to think about being needed. Odder still for her to wrap her head around the fact that someone would seek her out. So you can imagine the surprise that crosses her two toned face when Weaver explains she was doing just that. Vertigo is slightly skeptical, even more so when the winged maiden pays her a compliment. Blinking rapidly, the Draft is unsure how to respond at first.

Her whole life had been others abusing her with words, never building her up with them. The other female brings up their quest that had seemed so unquest like. She laughs softly, the memory quite fresh in her mind. “Thank you. And, really, thank you for saving my life.” She shifts uncomfortably for a moment, not quite sure if she should make eye contact with the other or not.

Honestly, if it wasn’t for Weaver, well, one can only imagine the shredded carcass that would be Vertigo. That bear was a monster and she was the sitting duck. Ve swallowed hard, shaking her antlered skull. No, she was better now. Ve had discovered that bravery DID exist in her, it just took awhile for it to come to the surface and bloom. She snorts, an uncomfortable laugh escaping her jaws.

Thankfully, Weaver continues on, not dwelling on the past. Vertigo is thankful for that and she relaxes considerably as the other maiden speaks. Ebony ears perk up at attention and she continues to go on, explaining exactly what it is that she has sought after the Draft for. A wide grins spreads across the Shire’s features. “Of course! I’d be more than happy to do that for you! It’s the least I can do.” Her voice is full of glee and pride, something that hadn’t been present there in a long time.

Reaching down where she had previously dropped her gatherings, Ve grabs what she thinks she will need. Her newly developed magic begins coursing through her veins with her excitement. “What would you like it made of? Any particular length? Oh, what about feathers on the tail end? To make it look like you’ve got them in your tail, you know?” She goes on and on, more excited with each utterance. Then she stops, her crystal eyes wide.

“Oh…I’m sorry. I got carried away.” If she could blush she would. Clearing her throat, the mare chuckles a little. “Please, tell me what you have in mind.”

"Talk."
Vertigo
As the world falls down
lines | color & coding

@Weaver

“You’re a member of the Basin. No one and nothing gets to hurt you on my watch.” She says it with a grin, though some seriousness to it as well. She cannot prevent every hurt, every bad thing, but when she can help, she will. It’s her duty as a solider, it’s her duty to the Basin, and despite all her faults, she’s not necessarily one for needless death. She’s not against violence, she’s not against a lot of things really, but dying for no purpose is silly. She’s died a few times, so take her word for it. She’s reckless and foolish because of it, but at the same time, she doesn’t try to get herself killed.

If it hadn’t been for Weaver though, someone else would have stepped in. The Basin’s army was impressive and formidable and full of horses that mean well enough. They are not Helovia’s most upstanding citizens, but that might be okay. You don’t have to be upstanding to do some good in the world, to save a life here and there.

Weaver’s smile broadens a bit as Vertigo agrees to make the cape. She’d need to find some metal, but hey, this would be the bulk of her outfit. Something to keep her warm in the winter, something truthfully just to look a little badass, and something to keep the rune on her check safe. Multi-function garment. “Sounds to me like you’ve found your calling,” she says when the mare has finished speaking.

“You’re the expert, so I’ll let you come up with the finer points of the design. I’d like something not super heavy, but some extra warmth in the winter. Long enough to cover me, I think, though hopefully not so long that I trip over it. Maybe just feathers around the collar though, because I will drag the ones on the end through mud, I am sure, and then they will not look nearly as pretty as you intended.” She’s no weaver, just Weaver (haha, punny), and she won’t pretend she knows much about textiles, so she’ll let the expert do her job. “I trust you to make it great.”  

- weaver -

@Vertigo
For fabric either cotton or wool or a blend I think? Weaver's not real helpful on these details.

Please tag in all posts
Image by AmoretteRose

Aurora Basin Weaver
DarkShadow
She is more than pleased to hear that Weaver considers her a part of the Basin. I mean, technically she was, but that didn't mean she necessarily had to be welcomed and accepted. It was nice to know that she was welcomed. Ve smiles warmly at the Pegasus' words, the warmth from her smile surging through her veins.

Vertigo would like to think that, given the chance, everyone else would be just as warm as Weaver and Tiamat had been to her. She hadn't seen their leader in awhile, come to think of it. Shaking her antlered skull, the female brought herself back to the task at hand. She laughs musically as Weaver mentions finding her calling and she can't help but silently agree with the mare. After all, Ve hadn't felt so alive before. Had never felt this much confidence in herself.

Ve nods silently as the Pegasus goes on to explain exactly what she wants out of her new cloak. “I could certainly add some down to the neckline to give you some added warmth....” Her voice trails off as she begins her work. Taking bits and pieces from the various gatherings she had done, it isn't long before Vertigo has a rough beginning of what Weaver desires. Her magic burns pleasantly under her skin as she works, the look of concentration etched heavily onto her features.

The mare mumbles to herself as she works. “No, not there.” She moves some newly made fabric around a bit. “Hmm...maybe there.” Vertigo works continuously for awhile, not really paying attention to the other mare for the time being. Not out of rudeness, but simply because she wants to do her first craft for another in the best possible way she can.

A sigh of contentment escapes her jaws as she finally looks up from her work. “How about this?” So far, the cloak has bits of bird's down seemingly sewed into the collar's underside, something one wouldn't see looking at it on Weaver's back. Its length was well defined, giving the mare room to run, but still being fairly long. It would suit its purpose. Ve was quite proud of her workmanship, all that practicing really paying off. The underside of Weaver's cloak may have a bit of an off stitch here or there (Hey, no one was perfect!), but no one but the winged mare would really ever know. She grins widely, watching the other female's reaction. “I just need to add the feathers. If you like it that is?”

"Talk."
Vertigo
As the world falls down
lines | color & coding

@Weaver

She’d probably have to reevaluate her life choices if she knew we was being considered ‘warm like Tia’, because she’s pretty sure she is nothing like Tiamat. Not that there was anything wrong with their Lady. She suited the Basin, balanced out Rikyn and the collection of slightly less than savory horses in the Basin. There were a number of them. Or at least, many of them were blunt, no bullshit, definitely not full of warm fuzzies. Tia, somehow, despite her company and the cold temperature of her home, was nice and warm and fuzzy though. Which is fine, it works for the Ocean’s Light, but that’s not Weaver’s plan. She’s aiming for badass and scary a little bit surprising. Maybe this is where she’s going with surprising. Good job Weaver.

Weaver lets her work, content to watch. It’s not a life altering thing, watching the other mare ply her trade, but it is entertaining. Despite the fact Weaver the Weaver would be a fantastic title, this does not make her suddenly want to become a weaver. She is a solider, through and through. But she can appreciate the time and attention the Vertigo puts into the cloak though, her grin growing as it begins to take shape.

Vertigo looks up from her work when it’s nearly done, asking if Weaver likes it. Her grin is wide and pleased as she nods. “That is better than I imagined it,” she says, finding she means that. Raven caws his agreement. He plucks a few more feathers from his wings, offering them to the large unicorn, along with the collection he and Weaver had already brought. Weaver smiles at her companion for a moment. He liked to collect things, but he also liked to share his many possessions. At least he wasn’t completely selfish. “Thank you Vertigo.”

- weaver -

@Vertigo

Please tag in all posts
Image by AmoretteRose

Aurora Basin Weaver
DarkShadow
Ve is pleased to receive a sign of approval from both mare and companion. She grins, her large frame nearly boiling over with pride. She’d found it. Her calling was creating, believe it or not. It felt so good to be useful and it felt even better to be able to prove that she was actually good at something. Granted, she still needed to take advantage of practicing, but that was another subject for another day.

“I’m glad you like it!” She beams, watching as the maiden’s companion offers forward the feathers she’d mentioned before. Vertigo is silently surprised when the bird adds his own feathers to the bunch. She can’t help but feel another pang of envy. Ve would give anything to have someone, or anything, that loyal to her. Blinking, the Draft gently takes the offered feathers and returns her attention to the cloak.

A few feathers here, a touch more there. Finally, the cloak is finished.

Ve offers the cloak to the Pegasus, her warm smile spread widely across her muzzle. “You’re more than welcome, Weaver.” There it is again, that warmth that flows through her veins. Vertigo hadn’t felt happiness in so long that she’s almost taken back by the feeling. And then, the mare realizes that it was what she’s been feeling since she set hoof into the Basin. Happiness. The icy realm was feeling more and more like home every day.

"Talk."
Vertigo
As the world falls down
lines | color & coding

@Weaver
Sappy Vertigo is sappy lol
Sorry this is short and crappy