the Rift

let me be your killer king [vol vs merida]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

She's mad.

That's the thought that rampages through his head as he stares upon his sister, his heart pounding in his chest and his muscles tense in preparation for battle. She is his sibling, born from the loins of his magnificent father - why, then, does she want to kill her niece? He can understand that she may be an equine supremacist like Tyradon, but both Vitani and Victorina are equine. Merida should be wanting to save them, not destroy them.

That's what convinces her that she's broken. That's what makes him realise, with a cold shiver down his spine, that she needs to be destroyed. He is a family man, and Merida is a sibling that he could dote upon, who could join his herd and help him to greatness. But, more than anything, Volterra is a father. His daughter is threatened, and hell hath no fury than the Indomitable protecting his child. He's already lost one from Isopia's womb, and thought he'd lost Vezér to the madness of her dam. He never wants to feel that crushing grief again - so when it comes down to it, Merida's life is a small price to pay for Victorina's survival.

If it comes to that, of course. The beast hopes he can save her, but he is not optimistic. He's seen madness like this before, in Airlia; this is eerily, painfully similar. There is no cure except death, as much as his mind still tries to convince his body that she can be dragged back from the brink.

The little bitch is going to die just like her pathetic mother. His eyes flash; mentally he commands his dragons to take up a position in front of Victorina, protecting her should Merida escape his grasp. They obey, placing their glimmering bulk in front of the filly as Volterra marauds forwards, his eyes locked upon his sister. "Don't be a fool, Merida," he growls, his voice a savage, thunderous snarl. He is not a merciful man, but this is not just an ordinary opponent. This is his flesh and blood, and thus gains more leeway than his usual foe.

He lunges forwards, seeking to slam his chest into her own. She's smaller than him, although not by much, and has clearly inherited their sire's brute strength; her build suggests power, albeit less than his. She will be no pushover, that's for sure. The ground they fight upon is unremarkable, but the trees could prove a hindrance should he crash into them during their fight. For now, though, he just wants to prove his own strength by trying to crush his chest against Merida's in an attempt to barge her backwards and away from Victorina. He flails out his left foreleg at the same time, trying to smash it into Merida's right knee in an attempt to badly bruise the area and hinder her movement.

For now, he's not trying to kill her - she still has a chance to apologise, to back away from his daughter and leave them be. Vitani's death has pained him, as she was his friend, lover and herdmate, but Merida is his sister. If he can preserve her life then he will try to....but if she refuses to repent, if she continues to tread along the same path Airlia did, then she will face the warlord's wrath.

________

Fight for @Merida ! Continuation of this thread.

Merida will be dying at the end of the 3 round fight.

1/3 - 561 words

DEAD I AM THE DOG, HOUND OF HELL YOU CRY
DEVIL ON YOUR BACK, I CAN NEVER DIE
image credits: one | two | three

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Three Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Miles :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Emily
A quote can go here yay!
what if it's two lines?

I watch as his dragons move between myself and the child. I know how bonds work though. He dies, they die too. I feel nothing for the fact that they are clearly family. So be it. The child was going to die and if my brother wouldn't get out of the way then he would have to die with her. "Don't be a fool, Merida," I laugh again, trying to move forward and get to the girl. She would be first, and he could follow after if he insisted.

But it seems my dear brother has other plans, as he shoves forward blocking me. His chest slamming against mine with a loud whack. He is able to shove me back away from his precious child. A part of me understands his need to protect her... But, it does not outweigh my need for BLOOD. What I don't see coming, is the hit I take to my right knee. When his hoof connects, I squeal in the shock and pain as it bends in a way it's not supposed to bend. "You're gonna pay for that." I growl. I push through the pain, digging in my hooves trying to use my strength to push him back. At the same time, my ears lace back tight against my head as I snake forward seeking to clamp down my teeth on any part of his neck, face or shoulder possible.

"Talk?"

1/3 - 237 words

@Volterra - sorry for the wait! Life ate me again. Let's do this!

Please Tag Merida in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Merida at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

Her leg bends nastily, and Volterra feels a pang of guilt at the grisly sight. Look at what he's just done to his own sister! What sort of man is he, to inflict such an injury upon his own kin? Oh, he can almost picture Tyradon's face, the Warbringer's raw fury and unbridled wrath; who would win in a fight to the death between Volterra and his esteemed sire?

"You, always," purr his dragons as they form their protective shield in front of Victorina.

The mare's growled words bring Volterra back to the present, to reality, to the very real fact that he's got work to do here. His sister, too, is of Tyradon's blood and that means she is unlikely to give up despite his threats, even if every ounce of his body hopes that she can still be saved. She pushes back against him but Volterra refuses to give an inch, standing like a pillar of brute strength against his smaller sibling. Limbs braced against the soil, the Indomitable is a fortress in onyx fur; he will not be moved. Her teeth lunge forwards and it's only now that the stallion allows himself to shift backwards an inch, causing Merida's teeth to snap hard against the left side of his neck. It's only a glancing blow, but it's enough to develop a reasonably-sized bruise that aches painfully against his skin.

Those crimson eyes of his flash dangerously again, and it takes every ounce of his control to refrain from going for the kill. She's your sister, he reminds himself. Mercy is not a word commonly associated with the mammoth warlord, but Merida is family - if he can save her, he will. The sight of Vitani's corpse makes him think he should murder her despite her blood-link to him, yet it feels morally wrong, somehow. Vitani was his friend, his lover, and her death will truly hit him when the emotions of this battle have died away, but is that enough to sign the death warrant of his own sibling? When she tried to attack Victorina, however...That is where he draws the line. That is when he truly becomes the Indomitable.

He will give her one last chance. One final opportunity to back down, to flee, to live. "This is your last chance, Merida," he snarls, his voice an earthquake, an authoritative bellow. The dragons add their roars like punctuation, and the gentle wind blows the leviathan's mane into a frenzy as he stares down at the mare; he cuts a terrifying picture, his ears pinned back and his muscles tense and ready to strike. If she has any sense left, she'll accept his offer of clemency. "I will kill you if I have to." If she knows him at all, she will realise that he does not make idle threats.

He barges forwards again, chest thrust out as he attempts to slam her backwards once again, hoping to unbalance her and shake her resolve. His left front hoof lunges forwards in a mirror image of his first attack, aiming for her wounded right knee; this time he pulls no punches, hoping to make the limb buckle and twist. A badly damaged leg might be enough to deter her, and whilst it will be agonising, it will be something she recovers from. If she continues down the road she's on, she will die - and that is not reversible.

________

2/3 - 569 words

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Three Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Miles :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Emily
A quote can go here yay!
what if it's two lines?

He doesn't budge as I push against him. How rude! If he would just let me past to get to the little bitch his dragon's are protecting... But no. Of course he insists on me taking him out first. "This is your last chance, Merida," I laugh. It's not a normal laugh, but the laugh of one who has clearly lost her mind and had no intentions of running away. "I will kill you if I have to." I laugh again, the same kind of laugh as before. "Bring it then!" I cry out.

But before I can attack yet again, he strikes. I am shoved backward, and right into perfect alignment for another kick to my already painful knee. I shriek in agony, as my knee is twisted even farther. But I still will not give in. I attempt to lunge back at my brother teeth barred and aiming for his throat while my legs aim for his front legs to cause as much damage as possible. Should I miss, I could be completely at my brother's mercy or lack of as I am very likely to hit the ground. But it's a risk I am willing to take.

"Talk?"

2/3 - 200 words

Please Tag Merida in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Merida at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

His offer of clemency lands on deaf ears, and with a deep sense of dread in the pits of his belly, the beast realises what he must do. There is no other option now, no possible course of action that can save his sister's life. This knowledge is not satisfying, does not make him feel strong or just as taking a life normally does - it is just the simple determination to carry out this most unpleasant of tasks.

He does not want to do this, but he must. For Vitani, and for their precious daughter.

The goliath's attack finds its mark, and the mare retaliates with a bite to his throat and a kick to his forelegs. He ghosts backwards, fully avoiding the kick and causing the bite to rasp across the front of his neck to leave a small, nonetheless painful bruise in its wake. Volterra considers attacking normally once again to try and weaken her further and give her one last chance to leave with her life, but he knows deep down that it's just weakness to delay the inevitable. Her mind has gone, and she is broken. She must be stopped.

He's killed in his horse form before, as those heavy hooves of his seem perfectly designed to crush an opponent's skull like it's no more than an eggshell. This time, however, he has another weapon under his belt. He has his shapeshifting magic now, and he knows that this kill will be far easier if it's carried out in that form.

With a sudden crack of breaking bone like a peal of thunder, the Indomitable begins to transform. His fur lengthens, grows matted and shaggy; his muscles bulk out even further, his limbs snapping and contorting as he becomes something different. The agony is pure, almost unbearable; Volterra is a strong and hardy man, but he still has to bite his tongue to keep from screaming as every bone in his body shatters and re-forms, as each sinew rips and tears. After what feels like an age but is in reality no more than a second, Volterra the cerberus stands before Merida; almost eighteen hands of reeking black fur with rippling muscles beneath, paws the size of dinner-plates tipped with deadly claws, and three massive, blunt-snouted heads, each with a muzzle filled with savage teeth and a lolling pink tongue that drips drool onto the ground beneath. His eyes remain crimson, and look even more terrifying given the fact there's now three sets of them.

He is a creature from the depths of anybody's most horrendous nightmare, and in this form his more base emotions override anything else inside him. After all, the heads embody his three most obvious vices; Wrath, Lust, and Avarice. Wrath, the central head, is the most dominant of the three and it pulses a heady sense of bloodlust through the massive body behind it.

He lunges. Each head opens its jaws, exposing the beastly teeth within, and the central one aims for Merida's throat. It attempts to simply rip into her windpipe and tear it out, killing her quickly and effectively. The left and right head seek to grab onto her shoulders and hold her in place.

________

3/3 - 536 words