the Rift

[PRIVATE] I don't need God, I need you

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
Orangemoon brings with it an unseasonable chill in the air and brisk winds that twist manes and tails into tangles. Volterra loves this time of year, with the cooler temperatures allowing for more movement and exercise and the icy nights just begging to be whiled away in the snug warmth of a cave. The Throat's shores are ravished by the ocean's waves, ensuring that the Sultan is more aware than ever of the need to fortify his land's boundaries. There's much to be done now Frostfall is just a few months away, not least stepping up his sparring so he can march across that one final hurdle from warrior to warlord.

None of that is to be worried about today, though. Today, the Indomitable's only desire is to graze and relax, his back turned against the arctic gusts as he tears at the lush grass beneath his feathered feet. It is early evening, with a beautiful orange sunset casting the top of the mountain into sharp relief against the crimson skies all around. The mammoth stallion's coat shines in the light of the dying sun, still glossy in the last few months before his winter fur will grow in and make him appear even bigger and hairier than usual. The vegetation here is particularly tasty and his teeth rip greedily at it as he wanders along, lost in thought and in the taste of the delicious greenery. He loves this place; not only was he born here, but this was where he and Isopia had their most pivotal meeting. Those memories are fond ones, even in light of everything that has happened since.

Without realising it, he's come to the exact same place that he and the Mountain engaged in the physical act of their mutual attraction. The leviathan looks up and around, huffing his forelock out of his eyes and sighing fondly as nostalgia washes over him before returning his head to the grass. He thinks of his body lifted by a massive dragon and taken on a flight against his will; he thinks of stone walls shielding two lovers forged like a statue of skin and pleasure. On his back, Vadir lounges like a great golden blanket; she's flipped upside-down to expose her paler underbelly to the remnants of the sunlight, occasionally twitching a leg as her dreams take her in their illusory grasp. Sprawled inelegantly on her bonded's broad spine, it would be easy to forget that she is a golden queen and a proud one at that, and that she'd shudder to think that anybody might see her in this utterly relaxed state.

Vérzés is splayed out near Volterra's massive feet, chewing on the remains of a rabbit. The trio are peacefulness personified, simply enjoying each other's company and allowing themselves to drop their regal, royal acts to engage in some much-needed downtime. The Sultan feels almost guilty that he could be sparring, recruiting, patrolling or training, but he tells himself that he needs a break as much as any man. He tells himself that he's chosen to take his break here because of the quality of the food, but in truth it's so he has a reason to think about that fateful day without the accompanying pang of guilt. Here, he's free to let his thoughts guide him, and they haul him gleefully back to that momentous, beautiful event.

image by neverr the glorious

@Isopia

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Should she be surprised that Volterra is here? Yes. This type of serendipity happens far too often for the two of them, and yet as her amber gaze falls upon the Indomitable and his two draconian counterparts, she can only sigh inwardly with a mental nod. This is as it should be.

There is so much that she wants to tell him, and as the Mountain ambles forward (this time on equine limbs, rather than draconian wings as with one of their previous meetings here), the thought makes her smile. That Isopia is looking forward to talking to Volterra is not something she has experienced since their very youngest childhood days. After that, she didn't look forward to seeing him so much as she hungered for him. And then that hunger became a desire that consumed them both whole, leaving nothing but ashes.

What has risen from those ashes remains to be seen, but if Isopia's light-hearted strides towards Volterra are any sort of indication, things may likely go well.

Although she has been working on her social graces, Isopia doesn't call out to him. Hey or hello seem ridiculously formal, and just saying his name is too much like addressing a member of a herd. So instead, she merely moves towards him. Neither Babel nor Hubris are with her. Both are out hunting, and so Isopia'd mind is blissfully free for her own thoughts.

"I spoke with a mountain." She says, finally halting near his side. His closeness to her feels easy and normal, and so Isopia tries not to dwell on that thought lest she ruin whatever semblance of friendship has re-sprouted around them. "I'm not sure how many of the mountains around here are alive ... but this one was." Her head shakes slightly. "I didn't even know any of them were."

@Volterra

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
Normally he's given advance warning of anybody approaching by his dragons, or by his own acute senses that he rarely allows to rest. This is one of those very unusual occasions, however, when he's so at ease that he's not paying a great deal of attention to his surroundings, save for the cursory sweep of an ear to listen for approaching predators. His dragons are both so engrossed in their activities - Vadir in her sleep, Vérzés in his dinner - that Isopia's presence takes him utterly by surprise, and he gives a quite ungainly lurch of astonishment as she speaks.

Quickly trying to compose himself, Volterra schools his face into what he hopes is an expression of relaxed indifference rather than one that will bely his pulsing heart from the shock she gave him. Vadir, awoken by her bonded's movements, yawns luxuriously and looks furtively around for Babel as soon as she notices the Mountain's presence. He's not there, and her horned, scaled features frown with disappointment. Her stomach rumbles and she casts a cursory glance down at her red brother to see whether his catch is worth stealing from him, but finding it almost fully devoured, she takes to the wing to hunt for her own dinner. Vérzés finishes crunching the last couple of rabbit bones, then waves a cheery paw at Isopia before launching into the sky and disappearing as well.

It's almost like the pair have timed it to leave Volterra alone with Isopia, and he glares suspiciously after their retreating forms before turning his attention to the giantess. Just the sight of her settles his beating heart, before sending it back into a frenzy as he realises the last time they were both here. Those memories return tenfold, and it takes quite the effort to dismiss them and concentrate on the present rather than the past. "Kis hollo," comes his warm and hearty greeting. He, in contrast to her, takes great delight in addressing her once again. It reminds him of their older meetings, rather than the selection of awkward recent ones.

Her words register for the first time, and he tilts his head in surprise. A mountain, speaking? "I was also unaware that mountains could talk," he says, his interest evident. "What did it say?"

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia, always glad to see Verzes, nods and smiles back just as he launches himself into the sky like a bright red comet. As Volterra speaks, her attention is returned fully to him, and although she isn't socially-competent enough to have scrutinized or even noticed his previous surprise or the mask he casually dons, she does notice the ease with which he offers his oldest greeting to her.

Her death-marked face parts in a smile that she tries to hide, but can't.

"It ... it took one of my magics from me." Isopia begins, saying the words slowly, as if wanting to make sure she didn't mislead him at all. "Because it didn't wake up often, I assume that the magic helped...sustain its wakefulness?" Her large elegant shoulders shrugged slightly beneath her red cloak. "It was one of the mountains in the Steppe. At first I thought that perhaps it was my Father wanting something, but this mountain seemed rather autonomous to me."

Speaking to him, as it had save for these past few weeks, came easily to her one she allowed herself to focus only on Volterra. If she banned thoughts of his children (nine of them) and his plethora of women from her mind, she could be at peace in his presence.

And right now, given how chaotic everything else was, she allowed herself the luxury of self-initiated ignorance.

@Volterra

Image Credits

"It took your magic?!" He's apoplectic, indignant on her behalf. Usually when Helovia's wildlife (or, in this case, its landscape) comes alive, it brings with it a great boon. He thinks back to the creepy sea-creature who gave him his armour - the spit that stank for days was a small price to pay for the magnificent dragonhide that he now calls his own. There's the trees and the turtles that offer their gifts, the mutant chickens with promises of magic, the trickster goats who curse one's genitals with thankfully temporary smallness....Those things are always either good, or only short-term bad.

To take a magic, though? Something earned, cherished, used? Why, he wants to march to the Steppe and face up to this mountain on her behalf, reclaim her stolen magic and snap its peak off to present to her as a gift for good measure. He'd do exactly that if it was a living creature who'd stolen something of hers, not that he'd have to because she's more than capable of handing herself on the battlefield. Still, it seems only right and fitting that he would march into war for her, her colours taped to his flag, his blood spilled in her name.

A mountain, though? Mountains do not bleed. They don't usually talk, either, but the beast has learned to never underestimate Helovia's magical aura. "I would offer to go and reclaim your magic for you, but Mountains are my weakness, you see." He flashes her a small grin full of meaning, the double layers of his words obvious. Still, he is rather furious on her behalf - how dare a mountain, of all things, take something so precious from her? It's wrong, it's abhorrent. Perhaps they should consult with the Earth God, he who commands the land itself, as surely he can make the mountain give back what it took.

This is, of course, Volterra assuming that Isopia is as outraged as he is about what's been taken from her. He doesn't think for a second that maybe she wanted to lose the magic, because to be stripped of one's power in such a way is not something that the behemoth understands.

"I suppose that isn't entirely correct. It asked for one, and I obliged." Isopia, who has lived her entire life blessed with power and opportunity beyond belief, of course does not have the same hang-ups as Volterra does when it comes to the loss of an ability. For all Isopia knows, she will always be strong, with or without her magic. Because her abilities have always been innately inside of herself, she doesn't distinguish her strength from the magic within her veins. Although even if she did, she very likely would have made the same choice.

I would offer to go and reclaim your magic for you, but Mountains are my weakness, you see.

"But you have so much earth magic-" She begins instantly, interpreting his words literally, as she is often want to do. It is only as her golden eyes see the small flash of a smile upon his lips that his meaning is clear. A flush rises to her cheeks, a colour to rival the pigment in Volterra's eyes, and although Isopia's lips twist into an unwanted smile, she quickly turns her head away.

That such simple flattery can so easily make her come undone is so strange to her, even though she has experienced this phenomenon with him so many times before. Suddenly the weight of where they are standing is made obvious to her, and she realizes that should that smile have been a gentle nudge on her shoulder, she would have melted once again into a useless mountain-sized puddle at his hooves.

"It's warm." Isopia murmurs, or maybe it was just her, slowly burning from the inside. Reaching over, she undoes the clasp that holds her pauldron to her cape. Both the ornate golden object and the burgundy cape slowly tumble from her shoulders. Isopia stretches her wings far from her sides, enjoying the sensation of her muscles elongating.

@Volterra

Image Credits

It transpires that the mountain hadn't just taken the magic - moreso, it had asked for it, and had its wish granted by the tribrid giantess. Volterra frowns at the mare, astonished that she'd willingly offer up a part of her power so easily. He certainly wouldn't, unless there was a tangible reward in return. "But....what will you do without it?" Although he doesn't use his powers as often as he probably could, the beast knows that he'd miss them immensely if he ever lost them. The thought of optionally losing one is repugnant to him.

A small smile creeps across his face as Isopia's reaction to his comment. She is an intelligent woman, vastly more intelligent than he, but he's noticed over time that certain nuances are lost on her. It's endearing, and the stallion's fondness for her grows just a little notch higher. She flushes, as though flustered, then snatches her head quickly away; his smile turns to a frown, fearing that he's offended her. It would not be an exaggeration to say that Volterra - who is so rarely subtle and hardly ever considers the consequences of his actions - feels as though he's treading on eggshells around her now. He's so afraid of upsetting her and losing her all over again that he immediately begins to go over what he said, trying to work out which part might have hurt her so he can try to make amends.

It's warm. The comment bids one of his brows to lift, and his inner arrogance wonders if it's his proximity that is turning her into an equine inferno. He likes to think so; likes to believe that he still has that....not power over her, as such, but that ability to crack her stony exterior with primal peaks of want. It's quite possible, though, that she's merely remarking on the weather, even if Volterra thinks it's the cooler side of comfortable at the moment. He reminds himself not to try and second guess himself or believe that he does genuinely incite such reactions in the Mountain - doing so will only set him up for a crushing disappointment when she inevitably reveals that she was just referring to the weather.

Then, her cape falls to the floor. The leviathan does a double take; he's not seen her without that adornment since their earliest meetings, and he's so used to its presence that he hardly even notices it. Only now does he marvel at the fact that she always seems to be wearing it, and he wonders how she copes with it hindering her movements. He even struggles to move around in his armour, and only vast amounts of practice have stopped him being cumbersome and useless when he's wrapped in the red dragonhide. He's granted with a whole panorama of toned brown skin and lavish curves, of muscles and power and beauty...

Now it's him who feels rather hot under the collar, and he snorts loudly whilst shaking his head to rid his mind of the mental images that have just leapt into it. "You're...naked," he remarks, not realising until he's said the words how lame they sound. After all, they're all technically naked, and indeed it's more unusual to see somebody wearing an item of clothing rather than simply strutting around as God intended. Those images snowball inside his head, not helping the already sizzling concoction of smut that almost makes him blush - and making Volterra blush is a fine achievement indeed. He clears his throat and tries to look anywhere but at the bronzed planes of feminine beauty that joyously flex and move beneath his hungry gaze.

"I'm not sure ... Get a new one I suppose?" She utters this almost carelessly, and although she has been accused of being entitled and privileged her entire life, this is likely the first indication that it might be true, that she's ever uttered. She can just get magic, now can't she. She's the daughter of the Earth, and he'll see her any time she likes. The mare asked him for a quest only a few weeks ago, and he gladly showed up to accommodate her. Why shouldn't the same be expected when she wants to replace her magic?

You're naked

Isopia cocks her head to the side for a moment, considering his words. A smile seems to tentatively play across her lips although for a moment she looks confused. Or perhaps she's just simply deep in thought. Finally, her long lashes flutter slightly as the smile wins out and dances up the still flushed sides of her cheeks to her eyes, causing them to sparkle in the sunlight. "I suppose I am. It feels.." Again she pauses, considering her words. Stretching out her elegant neck, she allows her wings to unfurl from her sides, stretching away and up, highlighting just how lean and lithe her body is. "-freeing." Isopia concludes thoughtfully, her wings fluttering down gently towards her sides with a practiced grace.

It's true though - she's worn her cape and pauldron for so long. It was a gift from her Father, and once the adornments were on, she saw no real need to take them off. Now however, naked as she was (as Volterra so kindly pointed out), she wondered why she'd never really thought about doing it before. 

Isopia, who had no experience being sexy or in any way tantalizing suddenly felt the urge to do so. As a cool breeze worked itself between her feathers, rather than feeling cold, she felt even more warm. A familiar warmth that sparked pink from deep inside of her belly. A warmth that was keenly focused on how much distance there was between herself and Volterra, a warmth that whispered into her mind that if she tilted her head just a bit - yes, yes like that - that her mane would fall in pretty cascading waves down her neck. 

"I guess that makes you naked too?" Her voice is much lighter than normal. Something about it is both hesitant and yet insistent all at the same time,  as she turns her golden eyes upon him.

@Volterra

Image Credits

During their time apart - those long, dark months of misery that he'd rather not dwell on - Volterra tried to convince himself that he was over her. He'd tried to strengthen his mind as he'd strengthened his body, to create an Isopia-proof wall that went some way towards eradicating the hurt he felt over losing her. It had seemed to work, even though he'd known deep down that he was only repressing his emotions, that what he felt for this remarkable mare could not be so easily quashed. Still, though, he thinks that he's getting better at resisting her, and that she no longer has that unique power over him.

It's taken only one flash of naked skin to tell him that he isn't over her at all. In fact, he's never been more under her spell.

She stretches, unleashing dizzying amounts of gorgeous Isopia that his eyes can't help but snap to, and he wonders for a second if she's doing this on purpose. She might occasionally be oblivious to certain physical aspects of life, but surely she cannot fail to realise what she's doing to him. Her remark about it being freeing - coupled with those wings of hers dipping tantalisingly to her sides, as though pulling the curtains across in the aftermath of a decadent strip show - only helps to heighten his already considerable state of ardour, and he gives another snort of displeasure as he desperately tries to focus on anything but her.

She tilts her head oh-so-coquettishly, sending luxurious curves of mane down her neck. It has the desired effect - he just cannot tear his attention away from the way the dark strands nestle across every contour of her shoulders, or the way her movement exposes the delicate skin of her neck that is just ripe for salacious nips and tantalising nuzzles....Oh, bugger. He's caught like a fly in her web, and there's nothing he can do about it. Her behaviour, though, does strike him as kind of odd - her effect on him seems intentional, rather than an inadvertant side-effect of movements she would have made anyway. Beginning to cotton on, the beast raises a scarred eyebrow. "Kis hollo, O great Mountain....are you flirting?" There's amusement in his voice, but a deep layer of hope, too, and just that tiny uncontrollable frisson of lust. Try as he might to not get his hopes up, he simply cannot help it. He tells himself that he's reading too much into it, that it's just his innate masculinity and uncontrollable sex drive confusing his common sense, but it all seems to fit.

If she is flirting, then he's only too happy to reciprocate, even though the fear of rejection is enough to make him want to run away and hide with his tail between his legs. He'll play her at her own game; he takes just one step closer to try and bring their heated skin within inches of each other. Snatching at his magic, he erects a small plateau of earth beneath his feet, just enough to lift him up and negate the difference in their heights so he can look her in the eye (and demonstrate his mastery over the element associated with her esteemed father). He flexes each hard muscle pointedly, displaying the raw strength embroiled in every inch of his bulky body, and flashes her his most suave, womanising, panty-combusting grin.

Although Isopia wants nothing more than to lock away thoughts of the plethora of other women that Volterra has been with, as his body moves towards her, aided by muscle and raw magical power, she can't help but think of them. She doesn't know them all, and so they exist as exotic and unrivalled beautiful shadows in the depths of her mind. She assumes them to be sexual predators, sirens of the flesh, and keepers of some delicate and sensual knowledge that Isopia simply has no access to. She assumes Volterra's other lovers are simply her betters when it comes to sex and although a thirst and hunger for knowledge is innately linked with Isopia's identity, she has never before wanted knowledge to use in this way.

Isopia has never so badly wanted to please anyone before.

But she tries now, stifling her awkwardness and ignorance, allowing the pink hum in her belly to swallow her feelings of inadequacy and self-consciousness. It helps to know that Volterra does still want her - there are physical signs of that. But what Isopia wants, is to pry open the cracks of his desire and drown him in them. If she can't be the only one that he wants, she wants to be the best of his stock. She wants him to want her in a way which is unparalleled.

Holding his gaze, head ever so slightly bent to the right, her golden eyes narrow with a feline slant that she has copied from the Moon Goddess. "Kiss me-" She whispers, and although her voice is soft, it is not weak. It is a command however gently spoken, but her golden eyes remain elvishly alight with mischief and mystery.

However, should Volterra move in to comply with her request, he will feel nothing but air - or perhaps the remnants of her mane as she slinks past him. Although she is tall, her long legs curl such that she actually appears lower than him, as she slyly slips past his shoulder. Her wings trail delicate lines against his flesh as she continues to make her way down the length of his muscular side, her longest feathers actually brushing the ground by his hooves.

She rounds behind him, her long body creating a perfect c-shape around him, inside wing raised like a canopy over his body as she goes. Isopia is close enough that their bodies can almost touch, but don't quite. Heat is all that connects them. For now at least. As she moves forward, head almost at his shoulder now, she stops, body both tense but pliable and compliant. Something tells her that Volterra's need to dominate and control will approve of her being somewhat smaller than she normally is, and so she does not stand up straight, but instead continues to hold herself at round angles, bringing her withers below his.

@Volterra

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

It would not be an understatement to say that Volterra is quite the expert in matters concerning the bedroom. He's had his fair share of women - he's actually had a few stallion's fair share of women, truth be told - but he is not in the habit of comparing them. He might be prone to sexism and objectifying the female of the species, but he thinks it would be rather disrespectful to muse over their respective plus and minus points. After all, he'd be mightily displeased if he thought one of his conquests had been comparing his sexual prowess (although naturally he'd win all competitions in that area, he thinks), so he isn't going to be a hypocrite.

But it also wouldn't be an understatement to say that Isopia gave him the best night of his life in this very spot, surrounded by walls of stone. Not just the act itself, but the intimacy, the closeness, the feeling of being wanted instead of just desired - they may seem similar in meaning, but they're worlds apart.

Kiss me. The command takes him by surprise, because he'd not thought her the sort to be so...demanding. It's surprisingly arousing, although he does his best to stop the physical signs of that from showing. He obliges; he isn't the sort to obey so easily, but this is more than just an order, it's a demand, a need, a want. His muzzle slips forward, seeking hot skin and malleable muscle, but he finds nothing but fresh air. A guttural growl of displeasure makes the ground beneath his feet shake with the force of it, and his ears flash momentarily backwards. His disappointment doesn't last for long, though, because she slips along his side with a grace that he often forgets he possesses, her body lowered as though to offer him the domination he craves.

She knows him far too well. A smile replaces the frown, curving across his face and making it glow like an open flame.

She curves behind him, and the warrior in him shudders at the notion of letting somebody freely access that area, that blind spot, that weakness. He has to fight not to whip around to face her, instead standing his ground upon his plateau of earth and using his other senses to detect her presence. He can hear her footsteps, and his body sizzles everytime she comes anywhere near it - she's off his shoulder now, her wing hovering over him. Unable to resist any longer, he takes a step backwards so he can be fully next to her, almost stumbling as his rear feet slip off the platform he's created. He re-erects it behind him to keep his height level with hers, although her stooped, almost submissive posture is not lost on him. It appeals to the most ancient and basic instinct, the most primitive and in-built sense of lust. One step to his side brings their heated flesh into contact, sending frissons of pleasure through every nerve ending.

She wants this, too. That's all he can think as he stands beside her, his breathing ragged, hitching with lust. She wants him as much as he wants her. It's a thrilling, delicious thought, but one he feels almost guilty about thinking. He shouldn't even be contemplating this, shouldn't even be entertaining the idea. Their problems started here in this very place, when their bodies forged their relationship into stone then allowed it to crumble away; they were never the same after it. Maybe that was because they became real after they slept together, adding fuel to the fire of Isopia's jealousy when she realised about his other children. Whatever the reason, the best night of his life quickly gave way to one of the worst days of his life - when he made her the dolls of them, and had her rejection spat like venom in his face.

Should we be doing this? he should be saying. Is this wise? Is this stupid? Are you sure? Are you ready? All those are things he should be saying, yet he does nothing but lift his lips to her ear, purposefully breathing hot air against her neck and cheek. He even gives the smallest of tantalising bites, trying to insert into it every one of those questions, needing to know the answers, needing her to let them continue along this road that they certainly should not be going down, but which he can't seem to turn away from.

She wants the moments of want to stretch out as long as possible, and so Isopia feels a momentary pang of annoyance burst inside of her as Volterra presses himself against her. Quickly however the dizzying feeling that his body ignites in her drains away her temporary frustration and she is drowning in a sparkling sea of him. She almost wants to close her eye, because as handsome as he has always been to her, it's his touch that she wants to focus on most, and the brilliant blue of the sky and the sweet scent of the flowers all around them suddenly seem to detract from that which she wants to focus on most.

Him.

Despite wanting to keep a (literal) low profile, Isopia can't help the way her neck arches and her body rises upwards, as if the heat of his breath is somehow nourishing her in a way which leaves her reaching out for more. The brief moments of pain that his teeth leave feel impossibly good, and Isopia finds herself straining against the seconds that pass between the pockets of anticipation that his pauses force upon her.

Then, as if remembering her goal here - she can't just melt so easily. That's too easy. Too expected. She needs to be more if she is to take her place as queen among Volterra's harem.

With a delicate grace that her long legs afford her, Isopia sweeps her hindquarters away from Volterra, though tries to keep her head as steady as possible. Her wings unfurl and are held gently up by her shoulders, cascading downwards rather than held outright. Her own lips reach up to find his ear, a stretch that surprisingly takes a bit of effort given the rocky plateau upon which he stands, and whispers in his ear:

"Tell me you want me-"

Her heart is hammering so loudly and so forcefully in her chest that she has to fight to keep the word steady. She hopes that they sound confident and alluring. Isopia has always been better with words, and now instead of making Volterra guess at what it is she wants, she is more than happy to leave him breadcrumbs to follow.

Do the others talk to you like this? She wonders silently, both wanting to rise to the challenge her mind has suggested and also hating the mere thought of it. Instead of offering her teeth as he had, it is her tongue that accompanies her own warm puffs of air, as her feathered wings stretch out and around him, both preventing him from moving forwards, and also delicately stroking the outlines of his muscular shoulders.

@Volterra

Image Credits

"Tease."

That's all he manages to groan out as she snatches herself away, leaving him with nothing but cold air and the pulsing of his blood. The little voice in the back of his mind wonders whether this is her intention, her final punishment for every ounce of hurt he's inflicted on her - to give him the bluest of balls and then leave him hanging and empty in her wake. He smothers the thought, sure that the Mountain would not be so cruel, and also sure that she can't act quite this well.

No sooner has this unpleasant thought entered his head than Isopia disappates it with a lifting of her lips to his ear, making the groan turn to another amorous growl. Again, the words seem so unlike her, and all the more arousing for it. That little voice pipes up again, wondering if the mare has learned these new flirting techniques from another lover, another man deemed worthy enough to mount her. The thought makes red spots glow in front of the beast's eyes as jealousy and rage mingle into one and bubble through his entire body, stomping one massive forehoof as though to crush the head of this unknown man beneath the feathered bulk. He forces the voice aside, reminding himself that nobody else will touch his Isopia, that they wouldn't dare, and that his musings might be unreasonable but are no less real for that fact.

He wants her to be his and only his, at the same time that he shares his body around with anybody who catches his fancy. It's hypocritical, selfish and avaricious in the extreme, but the goliath is seemingly incapable of acknowledging this. All he knows is that the thought of another man touching the Mountain is enough to make his blood boil and his head spin, although thankfully the blast of anger is only temporary. He returns to the present, forces aside all other thoughts, and focuses on the scent of her, the sight of her, the touch of her.

Again he bends easily to her command, his eyes seeking to lock forcefully upon hers as he replies. "I want you." His voice is even deeper than it usually is, barely more than a growl, an animalistic noise that betrays the uncontrollable pulsings of desire that thrum through his entire body. "I want you more than I've ever wanted anything" It is not a lie - after all, Volterra does not and cannot lie. Right here, right now, he would forgo everything he owns just to have this night with Isopia. He'd leave his herd, his possessions, his magic, everything, just to be with this beautiful giantess right now. In the morning when the fire has left his blood he'll marvel at the stupidity of such a thought, and remind himself that no woman is worth giving up all of that for, but right now he's well and truly caught in her honey trap. He's a slave to her body, and that is quite a new experience for him.

The Indomitable rather likes this new Isopia, this wanton sex goddess with her demands and her tantalising touches. She knows what she's doing, she knows what she wants, and she knows how to drive him wild.

Her wings are a barrier between them, and reluctantly the stallion ceases his attempts to press closer. Even though it's almost painful to do so, he hauls his bulk another step backwards, tearing him away from her air, her touch, her smell. "Your turn." His sense of pride cannot let this be so one sided; him begging her, her keeping him at arm's length and teasing until she's through with him. No, they are equals as they've always been, and Volterra can give as good as he gets.

I want you. I want you more than I've ever wanted anything.

She wants to smile at this, to allow the pure sexual joy that she feels to shine out across her deathly-marked face, but she nibbles the inside of her lip to keep from doing so. Isopia assumes that Volterra knows that she's playing at something, but she doesn't want her victory to appear quite so clear, or that she's somehow relieved or eager to have pulled the words from his lips.

Still, his words inflame her insides more than she thought possible, and she's fairly certain that they've never before been on quite the same wavelength as they are now. She wants him too and yes, just as much as he wants her. She'd give it all up too and in the morning think on how stupid letting her emotions drive her once again, was. But even as that thought whispers in the back of her mind that this is just all biological messiness, she finds that she doesn't care. 

He pulls away from her, and for the first time, she is surprised. Isopia assumed he'd play along, but as the cat to her mouse. It had never occurred to her that he'd try to use her own tactics against her. Is she up to this challenge?

She hopes so. And there's no turning back now. 

Isopia's wings flutter back down, as if disappointed. Her lower lip puckers ever so slightly as her golden eye turn large and wide, head drooping a fraction in a mock sulk. As he likely wanted her to do, she comes to him, like some leashed creature over which he has full control. She doesn't pause though, but continues towards him, and suddenly her lips are upon his without hesitation. She breathes in as he breathes out, and her wings stretch forward, feathers curling into the tangles of his mane. Quickly and breathlessly she breaks away from him, her skull dips below his chin as her body slinks in front of it. Now that he'd already crossed the threshold of physical contact, she allows her own body to press against his during this second voyage around him. Her smooth flanks curl around his massive shoulders, and she sighs beneath him as her whiskered lips trace silent words across his flesh.

She stops just as her hindquarters rest below his chin. Isopia knows that this is where she has been leading him, but now the first sparkles of uncertainty colour her vision. Is this game supposed to continue? One more experienced than she would likely know the answer to this, but Isopia of course does not. Already she has extended this far longer than the first time she and Volterra were here, but she is running out of ideas to keep him dangling on her hook without losing interest. 

His words echo in her mind: I want you. I want you more than I've ever wanted anything. "Then take me-" And then, the words that she might come to regret in the light of morning (but then again, perhaps not), she adds: "I'm yours."

@Volterra

Image Credits

He's actually aching, his entire body tingling with anticipation and thrumming with excitement. He has never been denied for so long before; his women have teased him, yes, but they've usually given in long before he can reach this frenzied state. Not the Mountain. She holds him at arm's length, increasing the tension, increasing the need, rendering him a sweating mass of untamed emotion and raw testosterone. He can only compare it to the secondhand sensations he gets from his dragons when they hunt; Vadir especially likes to prolong the chase, as it makes the kill that much more satisfying.

Will this make it even better when he is finally allowed to seize Isopia beneath him and ravish her as she's never been ravished before? Delayed gratification is not a thing that Volterra usually engages in, but on this occasion he thinks it will make the event even more euphoric.

She seems surprised at his movement backwards, although she surely can't know how much it's killing him to do so. Moving away from her feels like punching breath from his lungs for no reason; it feels like cutting off his nose to spite his face, yet his pride will not allow him to be toyed with so easily. Let her have a taste of her own medicine, let her release be as delayed as his so it will be all the better when it eventually arrives. It's not long before she's in front of him again, her caresses finding fevered flesh and fuelling the fire that rages inside him. He returns each touch with one of his own, frenzied and ravenous, not tender and unsure like last time. They've both trodden this road before, and this time it's the heated touches of familiarity instead of the delicate trepedation of the unknown.

Her hindquarters are in front of him before he knows it, and the inevitability of the situation finally strikes him. All his questions are pointless now - there's no reason to apply words such as are you sure when her body has already given him the answers. There's no need to vocalise any doubts, because her movements are enough to dispel them.

Those words, those blessed, glorious words, only solidify his belief that this is the right thing to do. They both want it; denying it would be a cruel and unusual form of torture. She's his. She has always been his, and in a way, he has always been hers. He does not reply, because words are not enough; he merely summons another platform of earth to lend him the necessary height, and allows his body to say what his mouth cannot.

_______________-

To answer his earlier musing; yes, the delay did help to enhance everything he felt. It's better than he'd thought possible - how can such sensations exist inside their mortal flesh? How can such ecstasy be gained through such a carnal, simplistic act? He slips from her back to place himself beside her, his touches languid and relaxed now as he nuzzles that broad shoulder and presses his sweating, steaming bulk against her winged side. There's so much he wants to say; please, do not let this end like it did last time. I'm not going to let you out of my sight now. This is it, this is us. This time, it's for keeps. But as ever, Volterra's words fail him, as he simply cannot articulate everything he wants to. Silence will need to be enough, and he can only hope that his body has communicated everything else.