noot
OUTFIT
- sass
WORDS
NOTES
noot

'
On today you teach Tilney'
It was a call so gentle through the bond that it almost went ignored, though as the ginger stag was aroused from sleep he came to find his chiroptera companion hung upside down on one of his antler's tines, his own face at eye level to Tilney and blinking happily. 'on yesterday said you teach on today!' the bat reminded him with a squeak as he left the gentleman's crown, shooting out of their under-hill burrow and heading for the canopy. Things were different now that Lyanna was queen and Tembovu was not; things had changed drastically, and the golden one could not tell if it was for good or for worse. For all the years he had spent in Helovia it had been in the Edge with Tembovu reigning. And Sacre; what was he do to as emissary? Was there a great task he was strategically recruited for? Perhaps in a sense the stag felt a slight sense of grief to watch his colleagues progress to greater things, leaving him to continue the hard yards alone.

Striding from his tight home under the tree, Tilney made his way as he did every day along a well-worn path to the greenhouse, his pace slow and his heart heavy. The gentleman did not expect to find a team of ready-to-work nurses or fellow doctors, instead, he was quite sure he was well and truly alone.
Just as he did every day the stallion carefully took Maude's watering can and filled it in the creek on the bottom end of the hillside, carrying pales to the greenhouse and gardens to make sure each plant was well watered and healthy. Yes, yesterday he had told Peatree he would be teaching, but who would he teach? As he stopped and stared glumly at the forest he saw none with an interest in healing. With Arah gone once again, off to seek wisdom and memory, and Ultima gone for what felt like for good, Tilney had never felt more alone.

ooc; this is an open thread :)

N E V E R R M I N D + A R A V E R N I

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

- sometimes in the wind of change -

She had been well suited to the gardens and the greenhouse, to caling on the wind and the mist to heal. But was she suited to be Queen? Her family would argue that she was, that she was literally raised beneath the throne. But that was just it; she was raised as a second child, the one that would never inherit. That was her brother’s place, with a crown on his head. She was never destined to be Queen. Not in Morham, and certainly not here. Yet here she was, standing in the shadow of Tembovu…

She didn’t even want to go back down that train of thought. She couldn’t live up to the legacy he had left behind, and right now, all she was trying to figure out how to do was to not fuck it all up. If she could manage that, perhaps it would be enough. Pave the way for someone else, because to follow her would be far easier. Like she so often does, she heads to the greenhouse and the garden. It’s not technically her place anymore, but in truth, she won’t be leaving it behind just because her title changed. And besides, they can hardly expect Tilney to tend to all of it alone.

He is there though, watering the garden as he has often done. She always weeded and planted and tended, but Tilney and Maude’s water can had always done that work. It feels familiar to see him there, and she nickers lightly. “If you were secretly hoping to get rid of me, you’ll find it might not be so easy,” she says, a playful smile creasing her lips, recalling his comment at the meeting. She didn’t plan to go anywhere really, regardless of her new title. And certainly, she would not leave Tilney all alone.

- we find our true direction -

lyanna

@Tilney

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
TILNEY
WORLD'S EDGE MOON DOCTOR

TAG
noot
OUTFIT
- sass
WORDS
NOTES
noot

'
If you were secretly hoping to get rid of me, you'll find it might not be so easy'
It was a voice as soothing, as calm as mountain thunder. Ears flickering to the found of his friend, the chestnut turned his nose to face the newly crowned Queen, his ears perked and eyes misty. "Lyanna!" He would coo, Peatree swooping from the canopy to greet her. With a dainty bloop and splash , the watering can fell to the damp earth below as the stag charged towards the mare of seafoam kissed hair and wide wings, his pace unsteady and uncalculated yet not overbearing.

"You came to visit!" He would continue to cry with glee enveloping her neck with his own if she would allow, hoping she might let him hold her close for just a moment, even if it seemed he had forgotten all manners.
"oh-" the doctor soon blabbed, stepping back a number of paces, bowing his crown. "Forgive me-" Tilney continued, allowing his mane to fall over his blushing face "-My queen". Secretly he hoped this promotion would not change her like it had Alysanne; Lyanna was far too pure, too young to be corrupted by the task set before her. Perhaps he even cursed Tembovu for putting her in that position and not Sacre. Why did they have to chose her? Why not spare her? Tembovu, Alysanne... They both knew how this would change her.

"How are you, Lyanna?" Tilney spoke to the woman, soon to turn upon his hocks and make for the woods. "I hope you know that you can come to me for counsel on matters sepparate to that of the realm; the kind the emissary may not be equipped to deal with," by the four, was he accidentally insulting Sacre now? He was making a real mess of this meeting. "-Matters of the heart, that is" He spoke with warmth, hoping he didn't appear as jester in her eyes - the eyes of someone ascended. As usual, Tilney stood below.

@Lyanna

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

- sometimes in the wind of change -

She is not expecting such a warm welcome. Peatree swoops down to greet her first, and she gives the adorable little bat a wide grin. But the splashing of the watering can catches her attention and she turns in time to see Tilney charging toward her with a hug. She lets him, his neck wrapping around hers, and she finds the gesture strangely comforting. She has many friends in the Edge, she knows, but there’s still a part of her that always feels alone here. Not because she doesn’t have anyone, but simply because she misses her family. Because that is the one thing she does not have here. And now, with a crown on her head, she’s afraid the herd will always look at her from an arm’s distance, making her that much more alone.

But here is Tilney, treating her differently yes, because she’s not sure they’ve ever greeted quite like this. For but a brief, glorious moment, he doesn’t treat her like a Queen. He treats her like a friend he is afraid to lose, a feeling Lyanna is all too familiar with. It is oddly reassuring in a way she never could have predicted, and can’t quite explain. “I came to work. I hardly expect you to tend the garden and the greenhouse with little help.”

There healer ranks were woefully small lately. Though she doesn’t fault Yael for choosing her own path, Lyanna wishes the golden mare had picked the healer ranks. They would have had a least one other Moon Doctor in that case. Then, suddenly, Tilney pulls away, stepping back and bowing and the words that slip through his mouth as like daggers. “Oh, don’t you start with that nonsense too. My title changed, nothing else.” She is still Lyanna, and she doesn’t want to be anything else. She is not the Elephant King and she cannot pretend she can even live within his shadow. The best she can do is be herself, and do what she can for the herd. As she has always done, and always plans to do.

But she remembers Akumi calling her ‘My Queen,’ and the reaction that elicited from Noxia. She didn’t want that for the rest of her life. She follows him as they talk, finding herself mildly confused by the turn of conversation now. Though soon she finds herself laughing instead at the ideas of matters of the heart. “Matters of the heart?” she says with a coy little smile.

“What sort of matters are we talking about?” Secretly, she wonders if he knows something she doesn’t, a particular relative of his coming to mind all too quickly. But more likely, he meant that far more generally. Not that she ever talked about the ghosts that lived in her heart. Perhaps she should, perhaps they would hurt less if she did. But for now, they are quiet and buried, and she is content to leave them there. “I truthfully, I don’t even know how I am. Trying not to fail, I suppose.” She doesn’t admit aloud that she’s desperately afraid of failing, of the fact she’s somehow supposed to follow Tembovu. But anyone with half a brain would know she’s afraid of following in his shadow. Who wouldn’t be?

- we find our true direction -

lyanna

@Tilney

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
TILNEY
WORLD'S EDGE MOON DOCTOR

TAG
noot
OUTFIT
- sass
WORDS
NOTES
noot

T
ilney should have expected that the woman might still wish to work among the flowers and leaves. They had always been her calling. While he feared for their healing ranks and how small they had become, he dare not ask her to reconsider the task set before her. If Tembovu willed it he should not despair.

With a wistful sigh, the stallion allowed his countenance to fall into one of calm and serenity; the kind usually worn upon his whithered face. While he was still young and in his prime, there were creases and lines upon his handsome face that you wouldn't expect to see on someone as fit and glossy-coated as he. It was the torment of the years that had marked him, causing his skin to age a year or two beyond what it should.
Still, his smile remained just as warm and soul-lifting as it always had.
“Oh, don’t you start with that nonsense too. My title changed, nothing else.”

"Of course," The stallion began "Though, we have all changed Lyanna. The years have not been awfully kind. I fret that the change of this tide will bring you to deep, deep water". He spoke this with a great sigh, his mind once again wondering what the end of Tembovus dynasty would bring to the herd.

In good time the conversation turned for the better, her words coming to him as a dancing smirk which only caused one of his own to arrive upon his countenance. "You know!" He teased, aiming his shoulder gently into her girth. The doctor wouldn't pry her verbally, so instead he allowed his magic to stretch forth towards her; all it took was a look in her direction, the flick of a switch.
He wasn't surprised by what he found lingering in her sheepish cranium, his step shortening for a brief moment as he processed her thoughts within his own mind. Bartholomeo? Oh dear. His magic was soon to leave her own alone, his magic easily subsiding as he turned his attention to the path he walked.
"Well," He stammered "You are still young, do you not have some wishes to find... companionship?".  The gent understood that not all dallied after love, but he'd never picked Lyanna for the lonely kind.

@Lyanna thank u for magic permission!

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎