the Rift

Rip It Up And Start Again [Open]

Iye Posts: 5
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 3
Danjah

I told you twice, I was only trying to be nice...

Morning. The pale light of a warm Orangemoon sun brought out the golden points of the boy's bodice, glowing out bright and proud. The dew drops on the grass dropped onto his pillars he stalked his way through the new land, his senses burning with the new sights and smells of a foreign place. Iye had never stepped foot here before, but something had already given him a tingle through his spine as he realised that this place was real. The seal brown could feel the intensity of the life here, with his silver pools scouring over the large trees and aging foliage for the signs of life that he felt.

He had run for too long. It was time to stop running.

Iye had never imagined that he would be far away from the law-abiders that sought to destroy him in his homeland, for his petty crimes. His mischevious ways had gotten him into enough trouble for one lifetime, but the boy inside him felt the need to play just that little bit more. And could this be his playground?

He swished at the grass with his double-sided tail with the hairs brushing more of the wet dew onto his bodice. He sighed in frustration at the lack of life, needing to meet the inhabitants of this place but he continued to prance his lithe body like he was already home. Now that he had stopped running, the stag hoped that he would be able to call somewhere home, and with its attractive opening, this land was already one he looked on in favour.

His smooth, sweet voice rang through the empty forest, calling for any soul to come find him,
"Anybody here?" he paused, "there must be somebody here..."

lye

This thread is open for any herd to come find him! It's so good to be back!

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
"I am a somebody, I suppose."

The voice came from around a bend in the trees, it's tone soft, playful, friendly and warm. There was something comforting about its melody, something honey-sweet, something that reassured the listener that the speaker spoke with a smile curving her pewter lips.

"Though I could be an anybody, too, if that suited you better." The voice was coming closer to the striped steed now, the creature who spoke it not bothering to cover up the sound of her footfalls or the rustle of her wings by her side. She had announced herself, and now she showed herself in all her draconic-equine glory: golden scales framing a pale amber champagne pelt, liquid gold eyes peering curiously.

The steed had wanted somebody. Did he mean somebody like her? He had wanted anybody, she could definitely fit that criteria.

A small nod of her crown was given as the dragonmare looked the steed over: he was a tall steed, with a frame that suggested agility and strength happily combined, and a handsome canvas stretched over it thusly. Amaris smiled at him, hoping (as she always did) that her appearance did not disturb put him off any.

"Welcome to Helovia."
Brush Credit

@Iye Welcome back Danjah <3
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Pippigrin Posts: 77
Dragon's Throat Gladiator atk: 6.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 10hh :: Two HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Brandybuck :: Wolverine :: None Neverrmind

home is behind the world ahead
there are many paths to tread

He had seen that one before; that nasty, nasty monkey had given her that raindrop filled with lightning, and her scales were the kind that the likes of a hobbit would not soon forget. From his place in the canopy, hooves daintily spread over a wide oak's limb, Pippin observed as the draconic mare paced towards one he had not seen before.
The chattermouth felt an unusual sense of uneasiness witnessing someone else introduce themselves before he had, so without much hesitation the half-sized gelding had swooped down between the hobbit-sized holes in the forest's ceiling.

"Hallo!" He boomed, flaying his feathers wide upon landing to steady his shooting bodice. With his rump heaving underneath him and touching down to the earth first, Pippigrin's forelegs were soon to follow; he was not so good at landing front-legs first yet, but it would come with time.
"I am Pippigrin of the mighty Dragon's Throat!" he would continue, puffing his little chest with pride "I am it's guardian. You look like you can handle a fight, why don't you come and join our ranks!? Invitation only" The halfling spoke with a wiggle of his brow.
That wasn't true exactly, but it was nice to make people feel special. Made for something, anything.
Turning his sights to the dragon-lady, Pippin looked her over from toe to ears, blinking ever so slightly at her fearsome stature. "Why don't you live in the throat? You look like a dragon"

art: © x coding: © x

Outcast
Danjah

The young stag couldn't believe his luck; through calling out through the morning's pale light he had summoned not one creature but two to explain where he was. They both seemed to come with their own purposes, the first a fae with a soft silver pelt that was alarmingly moulded into the body of a dragon. Her scales and wings tore shivers into his own bodice as he thought what manner of wraith she could inflict on him, but her words were kind. The tone of them invited him in with a friendliness that even her stirring appearance could not destroy. The second, a tiny stag with a steel bodice lowering into mudded points and horns.

As he stood there, with his stature remaining proud and handsome, he listened to what they both said. The fae spoke of this land as a place called Helovia. There is a name for this place he thought with a silent sigh of relief. His pools fixated on her glowing scales as she spoke, wondering what she may have meant by her emphasis on the words 'somebody' and 'anybody', whether this was an indication into the level of the heirarchy this creature belonged to. The silence had gone on for too long before he turned his cranium to look at her with politeness but also with that mischevious glint in his eye as he spoke,
"I would like to know if you believe are a somebody or anybody, but as you told me the name of this place I think I can see you as being a somebody," he chuckled slightly before pausing, realising that perhaps he best make haste and remain friendly, "My name is Iye, I am not from around here. Is Helovia a place many call home?"

His attentions then turned to the smaller of the pair, the one who named himself Pippigrin. It was all very overwhelming but the rush of excitement Iye felt at the thought of learning so much of this new place even outweighed the value of what he could take from it. Another name came up, the Dragon's Throat. The way he spoke, Pippigrin made it sound as if this was some sort of faction within Helovia, and he was intrigued. With a cock in his cranium, now turned to face the steely little stag, he listened closer at the invitation offered out to him, "A pleasure, Pippigrin. What is of the Dragon's Throat? What do you do there? I have so many questions, I'm sure you may understand... Do you both reside in the Dragon's Throat?" he asked both creatures who had come to his lonely aid. Pausing, Iye smiled with a cheeky boyish grin as he spoke once more to the stag, "I certainly can handle myself, but I'm afraid I am no full-time warrior. But I am interested in using my skills here should they be needed."

To finish his little speech, Pippigrin then turned to the dame, who with all her qualities was more of a dragon than anything Iye had ever seen. The seal brown listened intently as the small one had the audacity to provoke her based on these qualities. However, it did sound quite fitting what he was offering. A dragon-like creature living in a place of the Dragon's Throat. Oh so they don't reside together in this Throat place, the young stag realised. He cursed his own mistake for asking, but waited nonetheless for the information to come pouring to him by both other participants of this conversation.

lye

@Amaris @Pippigrin
[Thank you! <3 It's good to be back :D Sorry for rambling haha]

amaris
A small snort of surprise huffed through the mare's nostrils as the halfling unceremoniously plopped down before them, his voice immediately filling the milliseconds of silence that might have lapsed between the dragonmare's welcome and the newcomer's response. Amaris' reaction was simple - a soft snort, a rush of breath through her pewter-and-gold nostrils, and then, once she had ascertained that the 'threat' was no more than the stunted Throatian, resumed her pleasant, easy demeanour.

Dramyrth, absent in body for this, felt the prickle of emotions wash through his beloved, but was reassured by the subsequent thoughts of it's fine, it's nothing, his bonded sent to him to settle him. He was fiercely protective, and had he been present the halfling named Pippgrin might have found himself with a singed tail for his troubles.

Iye, the new stallion introduced himself as, once the compact guardian took a breath to allow others to contribute to the conversation. Amaris smiled serenely all the while, her thoughts guarded as she took in how the newcomer reacted with this information. He wants to know more before he jumps, never a bad quality, she mused as she took on his torrent of questions with an impassive glance, before arching a brow as Pippigrin felt so inclined to suggest that she should reside on the sandy lands of the Throat based purely on her appearance.

It was not the first time, and certainly wouldn't be the last, that someone had judged her for the scales upon her hide, declaring that she should be something she isn't necessarily already - she was part dragon, and therefore a predator, a bloodthirsty killer; she was part dragon, and therefore could not feel love or kindness or affection for anything bar shiny inanimate objects; she was part equine, and therefore not as strong as a dragon, or fierce, or 'special'; she was part dragon, and therefore evidently belonged in a place called the Dragon's Throat, and nowhere else.

"You pay me a great compliment, sir," she said with a smile at the short steed, "for the Dragon's Throat is certainly a wondrous place; alas, my heart resides in the forests of the World's Edge, and so the rest of me must reside there too." It was as 'deep' an explanation as she would ever give - perhaps if one bothered to look deeper than the scales upon her hide they might know that the dragonmare, through revering and respectful of all the Gods of Helovia, was actually born to the mists of the Edge, and not only that, was more happy there now than she had been in longer than she could recall.

Of course, that didn't matter for those who would declare otherwise, based upon nothing more than her hybrid existence. Small minds, she heard the echo from Dramyrth, who from wherever he was, still 'listened in' however much he could.

"To answers your questions, Iye," she said his name carefully, ensuring she got its monosyllabic intonation correct, "Helovia is home to a great many: unicorns, pegasus, equines and all those in-between. Within its borders you will find a variety of lands and adventures, and three established herdlands sanctioned by the Gods of Helovia: the Dragon's Throat, sanctioned by the God of the Sun; the Aurora Basin, sanctioned by the God of Time; and the World's Edge, sanctioned by the Goddess of the Moon. There used to be a fourth, the Hidden Falls; sanctioned by the God of the Earth, however recent events caused him to disband the herd and work towards stabilising the whole of Helovia." At least, that is my interpretation of his actions.

"Each of the herds exist under a governmental rule, with leaders who guide their ranked members towards survival, and the overall betterment of the lands. There are many opportunities for contributing to the herd, but I believe Pippigrin might be better at explaining than I." She conceded, whether it was truth or not that the small one could do better than her, she had spoken well enough by now, and was happy to let the other 'recruiter' fill in the blanks for their newcomer.
Brush Credit

@Iye @Pippigrin
Wahhh the rambles save me x.x
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Pippigrin Posts: 77
Dragon's Throat Gladiator atk: 6.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 10hh :: Two HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Brandybuck :: Wolverine :: None Neverrmind

home is behind the world ahead
there are many paths to tread

The half-sized man took a stride or two forward as the stranger spoke his quiz, asking of the Dragon's throat, what they did there, etcetera. Of course, The hobbit was more than happy to oblige him.
"South of here lays the island, protected by a treacherous sea!" The warrior would begin, trumping his way between Amaris and the strange one with high knees "The tribe has been known for the most fearsome warriors in all of Helovia, and we are lead by Volterra the Indomitable and Ampere the mother of Companions!" He spoke this with a cheer, a stomp of his hoof and a snort from his nose.

Gaze twisting toward the draconic woman, he listened as she took his question as a compliment. It hadn't exactly been intended as one, but he was glad she didn't take any offence! A wide smile spread across his maw, the child of only two years striding fourth to admire her scales.
"Maybe you should visit?" He mumbled - maybe she'd find her reptilian hide liked to bask in the endless heat of the south?

turning his eyes of seas and winds towards the newcomer, Pippigrin straightened his spine and let out another cooing explanation of his land "You don't have wings, but don't worry! I have a key that can get you across to the island"

art: © x coding: © x

sorry my dudes I had a really bad fever this weekend!!
So stoked youre back hannah bananah <3

Outcast
Danjah

It was only now that the young stag saw his acquaintances in their full light as the sun rose slightly more. He had been so engrossed in staring at their coats he had not realised that they had bonded companions each, one dragon dripped in golden hues and the other a wolverine, a creature that Iye had only ever heard of in stories. In his own homeland, he was not even used to seeing other creatures, nevermind those of a mythical nature.

The conversation continued on the same path as it had when the small Pippigrin dared to invite the fierce looking Amaris to this Dragon's Throat place, and Iye listened as an onlooker, his pools wide and his mouth open as he was still getting over the overwhelming circumstances he found himself in. The handsome brute thought of what Amaris said to Pippigrin about said invitation, watching intently as she smiled but declined, stating that the World's Edge claimed her heart.

With that matter they both turned to the seal brown who continued to listen intently to their information. It poured into him thick and fast, talk of all those with horns, wings and nothing at all lived in harmony. Nobody in harmony... he thought cynically, but kept this thought to himself. Amaris continued her speech, allowing him to delve deeper into the culture of Helovia. There were gods of the realms, and it sounded frightfully interesting. He nodded in understanding, the thrill of where he could end up in this world exciting him to the core. He shook his tassles out behind him, letting both locks of hair on his lion's tail flow into the faint warm breeze.

"Each of the herds exist under a governmental rule, with leaders who guide their ranked members towards survival... There are many opportunities for contributing to the herd, but I believe Pippigrin might be better at explaining than I."

Amaris finished her persuasive tones and allowed the steel grey brute to continue. Iye grunted slightly to remove the slight lump in his throat that had started to form with his lack of vocal chords being used. Shifting his weight from one pillar to the other, he then turned his handsome cranium over Pippigrin's way, who spoke with vigor and enthusiasm. He evidently focussed on the Dragon's Throat whilst Amaris had said little of the World's Edge. It was difficult to decide which way he felt swayed, and continued to listen with the thought that by the end of today he would have a place to call home. Even if it was temporary. Iye had never been able to hold down a permanent dwelling...

Pippigrin again seemed fixated on the dragon-like bodice of Amaris, pushing her in his direction to join the Throat. Silently Iye rolled his eyes over to one side of his skull in an inner-protest at his advances.

Everything the tiny stag said invited Iye in with open arms, but there were still too many questions left unanswered. The seal brown and golden brute felt like he was going to be left alone and unknowing of his surroundings, and that was something that sent a shiver to his core. He could not just jump into something because it stopped him running from his past, no matter how persuasive a creature could be. And so he cleared his throat once more and turned his attention to Amaris first of all,
"Helovia sounds like the place for me!" he smiled a smile oozing in charm, his silver pools glittering in the sunlight as he let his nice side shine through, "Before I do come with anybody though, I do have some questions... I have no knowledge of the kinds of these places besides what you have said, Pippigrin," Iye dipped his head in the steely stag's direction, "I understand that you are made of fearsome warriors but I would love to know of the ones who do not have a place within the fighting ranks. You see, I am no fighter, but I do have other... skills that could be useful? What of the climates?"

All valid questions, Iye thought with curiosity. It had to be right before he stepped in, even if it made the pair of recruiters impatient. The seal brown horned was not going to just go anywhere...

lye

@Amaris
@Pippigrin
Omg ilu guys <333 I'm so sorry I'm as indecisive as Iye haha, I don't know where to go with him :O

amaris
The dragonmare had hoped that when she bowed out of the conversation (for she really had spoken enough, surely?) the short pegasus lad would take the reins of the discussion and inform the newcomer about more than the warriors who filled the Throat. But perhaps, being young that he was, and such a passionate guardian himself, he genuinely did not know about the ranks, or else innocently forgot, neglected to mention them - he provided further details on that which he had already alluded to, the magnificence and might of the Throat, the force of their warriors and fighters and defenders. Alas, he was very proud and confident in his words, and it wasn't as if he provided nothing to the conversation, so the mare settled in to see whether Iye had enough information to proceed on his journey into Helovia or not.

The smile upon her lips deepened as he turned to each of them in turn, and she approved once again of his enquiries. Amaris likes him, in that moment, she likes his brains, his questions, his yearning for more knowledge, for less ignorance - if only everyone in the world asked a few more questions before leaping to their conclusions, perhaps the world would be a more pleasant place to live (or would it?).

"The World's Edge is a land much like its name hints at - a coastal cliff jutting out over the sea, draped in mists and forests, protected by a ring of jagged rocks that rise and fall from the earth by the whims of those in power. Within, you will find a range of paths for your choosing - the walk of a warrior, as young Pippigrin as aptly described, is similar no matter which herd you look at; the walk of a sleuth, a Specter who leads their Scouts in gathering information and protecting the herd from nefarious thieves; the walk of a mender, a healer, led by our Moon Doctors with Nurses presiding; the creator of objects and weapons, a craftsman, who works beneath the Glazier and his Artificers; or the walk of a wise ones, the Philosophers and Sages, who follow the Seer, who summons the very Goddess of the Moon every season to commune and discuss current affairs that are affecting the lands."

Here she paused, catching her breath, smiling all the while. "Of course, there are those who simply exist within the herd, filling the common ranks, making up the masses of the herd, but all are encouraged to contribute in some way, for the overall improvement of the herd." Another pause, and she gave the brute before her a critical look, openly peering at him, as if delving deep into his very soul. He would be a good herdmate, Dramyrth offered, from his distant, non-present perspective, judging the steed purely on the emotional reading he picked up from his bonded.

"You'd be welcome to join the Edge, if you so desired. Though I've not got the power to accept you immediately, I would be happy to guide you there, and put in a good word for you." She finished with a smile and a wink, a nod as she turned to Pippigrin once more, acknowledging his invitation to her with a wry grin. "I'll be sure to do just that, thank you," she offered to the halfling, before re-settling her attention to the newcomer, awaiting the outcome of this encounter with the patience of one far more experienced than she.
Brush Credit

@Iye @Pippigrin
I like being tagged!

Outcast
Danjah

In contrast to the small stag's prescence, Amaris appeared to drip with the knowledge that he was keen to soak up. Her polite and calm manner rubbed off on his own young bodice, with the golden points on all corners glowing within the weak sun's rays as his mischevious pools glinted with it. He felt like knowledge was power, as much as having the knack to acquire things. And that was just the reason why he was in trouble and now searching for a new home. But the dragon-like dame knew nothing of this, and her deep smile pierced his soul with an innocence and a feeling that he was making a good impression. So easy to fool, he thought with a wry sense of guilt at the thought.
Iye may not have been an entirely innocent or abiding creature, but he did not have a bad heart.

And so her voice tumbled over his lobes, and Iye listened intently. There were ranks and a heirarchy worthy of being noted within a herd, with particular skills that he had giving the stag a sense of potential purpose within one of these herds of Helovia. Could he really make this his home? It was very possible.
And Amaris spoke of the World's Edge, a place of varied terrain with cliffs, sea and trees. It sounded like a place to lay low and become settled. The seal brown brute did not know if this was what he truly wanted, but he knew that this was what he needed...
And so her invitation was a welcome with open arms, and Iye felt the instant need to take it. Pippigrin had talked the talk and really motivated him to find out what the Dragon's Throat was like, but unfortunately for the small steely grey he was no warrior, and Iye was not going to be led down that path. He felt as if his other companion could give him what he needed, something that allowed him to flourish. And so Iye breathed back into like from hearing the speech and with his smooth voice, he replied with an eagerness and a handsome smile,
"Your invitation is one that I am willing to accept. I would like to know so much more about Helovia if I am to make this my home, but I am even more willing to become a part of something that you have made me feel I could have cause in. Thank you Amaris, and please do lead the way."

Tipping his cranium to Pippigrin in acknowledgement and a smile on his face for his efforts to welcome him, he then turned to face the dragon with whom he hoped now to accompany back to her homeland... And now, his.

lye

@Amaris

amaris
The dragonmare hoped her words did not bore the steed, that the information she gave so easily was not given to ears that weren't interested in listening, to a creature that didn't intend on putting the information to use. And conversely she hoped that if he did choose to use said information, it wouldn't bring harm to her of her own, to her herd, her family. Amaris hoped, if anything, that she might gain a comrade, a friend, a new herdmate from this interaction, as she always did when she ventured to the Threshold.

He did not seem to mind her talking, in fact he seemed quite willing to comprehend and dissect her words with his intelligent gaze and keen mind. Amaris appreciated intelligence, but she also knew to respect it, to be wary of it, for she knew she was not necessarily the smartest, most cunning creature in the lands, she knew that while she had some wits about herself so too did others, and not all of those others had such a benevolent heart as she.

He accepted her offer, then, and her smile transforms into something warm, something genuine, something simply radiating happiness. "Wonderful!" she responded, giving a gracious nod to Pippigrin before motioning for the steed to follow her onwards; she would lead him home, where she hoped someone of appropriate rank would find her latest addition acceptable. "This way, if you please, Iye."

Short n sweet exit post, will post up a welcoming thread asap C:
Brush Credit

@Iye
I like being tagged!