the Rift

[OPEN] Big wheel keeps on turnin' [BIRTHING]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

To my surprise, as Duir turns to bolt out across the valley in search of someone who knows how to handle this situation better than I surely do, Glacia turns around and yells at me. My ears fall back and my mouth opens, and I take a hesitant step backward, one golden hoof suspended midair.

Well, excuse a fellow for not knowing, I think to myself in wary shock. I had been thinking of comforting her with a touch or something. Nope. Not now. I’m staying well over here where she can’t stab me.

Even when she softens, all I do is put my feet back down, and move a little further inside, still not sure, and entirely hesitant to close our bodies within striking range. Still, she’s obviously in pain, from the shout that rattles through the cavern, and my heart begins to beat hard and fast in my chest.

"It’s going to be fine, Glacia," I try to calmly intone, though I’m anything but; watching her make her way through this, I’m filled with the same trepidation I have been all along. I could run, now; turn around and leave, never look back, find a new life, pretend this never happened…

But it would follow me. I knew that, even if I was otherwise an idiot. Besides, I was excited, an even more frightening thought than anything else; I couldn’t help but wonder if it was a son, or a daughter. I pondered what they would laugh like, who they would become; it tethered me here, if nothing else did.

The what if.

"Duir will be back soon," I quietly tell her, rising from thoughts of a child I did not yet know, but was already wanting greatness for; a sickening similarity to my dam that I quickly try to shove aside for better thoughts, not wanting to be like her in any way. The woman who’d raised me with naught but greatness in mind, and who hadn’t ever really seen me at all…

Art by Esa82@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
Big wheel keeps on turnin' [BIRTHING] - by Glacia - 05-05-2017, 10:40 PM
RE: Big wheel keeps on turnin' [BIRTHING] - by Rikyn - 05-08-2017, 12:00 PM