the Rift

[OPEN] everyday discovering something brand new

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The dragonmare, as she was wont to do, wandered. With a 'soft' expression upon her façade, she watched as her beloved bonded twirled in the morning's rays, warming his muscles up from the chill of the night before, preparing for a day of activity - no specific activity, of course, just another day to spend with his beloved. That she found enjoyment in watching him encouraged him to continue with his antics, for he would do anything for her, if it elicited a positive response (and sometimes, he would do things to vex her, though always in that loving way). The dragonmare couldn't help it, her fixation on him, her love for him: he was her bondmate, his soul and hers were too far combined to tell them apart now.

They wandered, strangely far from their homeland for being so early in the morning, but with no intention of staying away too long. Amaris had heard tell that the Falls had fallen, and she could not resist the curiosity within her any longer - so today, they directed their otherwise directionless day towards seeking out the Hidden (no more) Falls. They had wandered through the Thistle Meadow, having flown most of the way, hearing before seeing the tumble and grumble of great masses of water moving and falling over and through the earth. Ears pricked and eyes sparkled with anticipation, as the dragonmare and her dragon bondmate rounded the crest of a hill, before beholding the lands anew.

She could not recall being here before, at least not as it was, now. Amaris had come wanting to sample the waters that were meant to have healing powers, but she could only stand in wonderment for now, silent, observing, breathing deep, awed breaths through nostrils that tasted the air with bated breath.

ooc: @Noxia
awkward opening post is awkward ^^

Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Noxia Posts: 10
World's Edge Mare
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 3 years (born Tallsun || Year 5)
Abba
Noxia
And it only hurts when I'm breathing
My heart only breaks when it's beating
How far out had she traveled? How long had she been outside of the forest shrouded in mist which she was trying to call her homeland? There was just a struggle as her mind tried to wrap around what she was trying to do. Yet, the world around her was getting familiar. Perhaps she had walked through this area on her way to the Edge, from the Threshold? Yeah. She would go with that idea.

The trees seemed to thicken, though there were far more rivers and cliffs in the area in comparison to the threshold. So, instead of trying to move through the area quickly, she allowed her hooves to begin to follow one of the rivers throughout the land. It was a shock as she looked out, catching the glimpse of another creature fluttering about the trees. Wait. Was that a... a dragon? Her eyes widen - taking in the gold colour of the scales on the creature that was flying through the air near. Her thoughts cut off instantly. That was a horse with scales and dragon wings. This was not okay. Not okay. Not okay.

She tries instantly to shuffle away - but the water splashes loudly and awkwardly. Oh no! Nox, they might hear you! How could you! You'll die! I'm kidding. But, seriously. If you're so afraid of them why would you lose control of your limbs at the side of a river when you wanted to get away? Like, seriously? Nox's nostrils flare, eyes wide in panic as she continues to stare in the direction of this other mare. Yeah. So, she so thinks that she is going to die. All that needed to happen would be that dragon-mare-horse-thing to have heard her and come over, and she'd probably die.

Or. OR!

She could just wake up from a dream and still be struck shrouded in mists. Either way. She'd probably still be scared of death because who would be that comfortable waking up in the mists and not being able to see anything?

@Amaris

OMG I'm so sorry I took so long ;-; forgive me senpai
Image Credit

Fear. It was an emotion that the dragonmare was familiar with, though not necessarily to the extent that others experienced it. Fear was a baseline, a facet of survival, but it was also that which plagued her thoughts far too often to be healthy - fear of judgement, of scorn, of being hated by those she cared about, all of them existed within her countenance, all of them played a part in shaping the manners she adopted, the niceties she showed the world, the efforts she put into being a good little herdmate.

But the fear the dragonmare and her dragon sensed today was not their own, it was someone else's, and the inevitable question was posed by the little dragon, who tasted fear on the air only in certain circumstances - prey?, he questioned, his nostrils whirring, his attention twirling until it fixated upon the creature who trembled and stumbled on the water's edge of the nearby river. Pulled from her reverie, a small frown upon her brow, the dragonmare tilts her tiara in the same direction, observing the terrified doe with a discerning glance, before soundly voicing to her companion No - not that she really needed to, though the command certainly answered his next enquiry of whether he'd be permitted to swoop over there and stir things up more. Leave her be, Amaris hummed softly, turning her gaze away once more, looking at the view of the Falls before her with a soft sigh.

If it wasn't her own fear following her, it was someone else's, and the dragonmare could not help but feel guilty for it - guilty for simply existing the hybrid existence she did. Forever she would be judged by the scales upon her hide, by the leathery wings that jutted out from her shoulders, by the deadly scythed tail that swayed in the breeze behind her hocks. And if she wasn't judged as being too dragonly, then she was judged as being too equine, too soft and weak and boring. There was no winning in her situation, no victory, only management, and a constant drive to prove that she was Amaris, not simply a hybrid, a dragonmare, a golden queen, a daughter of a would-be tyrant or warmonger.

Another sigh slipped through her lips, as Dramyrth landed on the loamy grass before her hooves, peering up at her with his silent golden gaze. Her maw reached down to his, and he reached up, and they shared a quiet, intimate moment, as if pushing the reset button on their emotions. When she lifted her tiara again, a smile was upon her lips, and a laugh in her throat, as the most curious notion entered her mind and she could not help but want to test it, to see if she could dispel this fear this other mare clearly felt.

Amaris would not approach the other, too often had that action gone awry, no, instead, she would make herself smaller, as she often did when encountering new acquaintances, but never this small.

Knees buckled and bent as she held her wings close to her body, falling to her side with a most inelegant grunt. Dramyrth merely sat on the lawn before her, a bemused expression upon his scaled façade, his tail twitching some as he watched his beloved bondmate roll and romp in the grass, eventually pushing herself so that her wings splayed out beside her and her legs pointed to the skies. At least it's comfortable, she commented to her beloved, wondering if her antics had even been noticed by the frightened doe, wondering if she had stirred up enough curiosity beneath that fear to entice her closer, to greet and befriend and perhaps even explore this land together.. And if not, if the doe was destined to simply depart ways, she would accept that too, for she could only do so much.

ooc: @Noxia
You're fine! There's no rush, I was just feeling musey ^^

No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Noxia Posts: 10
World's Edge Mare
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 3 years (born Tallsun || Year 5)
Abba
Noxia
And it only hurts when I'm breathing
My heart only breaks when it's beating
Noxia froze, the sound of her hooves splashing the water caused her to instantly panic. The creature was going to hear her! Dammit. Dammit. Dammit! She froze - afraid to move any further as she saw the dragon-equine and its fellow draconic companion look toward her.

Dead. She was dead. Yep. That was exactly how this was going to work. She was definitely their next meal. Because fuck. Well. Shouldn't she be? They were dragons. She was a horse. She was easy prey. Gods above. Why did she have to end up walking into some weird dimension that had horses with wings, and horns, and now could be dragons?! She was not Alice. She refused to believe that she had fallen down a damn rabbit hole. So how was this even possible?!

Oh, it's possible. And the fact that it is possible. Oh, that fact is making my day as you sit here freaking out over dragon-mares and dragon companions. You won't be food - or at least I'm about ninety percent positive that you won't be food, so just keep on moving. If only you could hear the chuckle that I'm emitting right now. It's perfectly hilarious - just like you, my doll.

Wait, what was that? Was the mare dropping to her knees, and... hiding her wings? Noxia's head tilted to the side - ears perking back up from how they had fallen to the sides. Could her eyes possibly get any wider? Oh my, if Noxia's eyes could then they certainly would. Mainly because what creature in their right mind would dare to drop to the ground in front of a stranger and end up rolling onto their back? Slowly, she inched out of the water - but this time it was not away from this strange creature. No, in fact, it was inching slowly closer to the pair of dragons.

Aye, she had no words - and she was still not too close. Perhaps a measly fifteen feet away from dragon-mare. Though, she lowered her crown and offered a gentle snort as her eyes flickered between the golden dragon and the mare who appeared to show the same colouring. It was obvious that her breath was a little faster than normal, and perhaps even apparent that her muscles were twitching under her pelt. But, she didn't move. She didn't back away or forward. Instead, she just blinked at the creatures before her and tried to understand how such a thing was even supposed to be possible...

@Amaris

Image Credit

It was oddly relaxing, even if she was prone to attacks from literally anything that deigned to attack her. With her legs bent and hanging above her barrel, her tail twitching in the grass, and her view of her companion tilted to a new angle, Amaris could not help the giggles from surfacing somewhere within her, could not help but find it all amusing. She laid upon her back, her wings supporting her, her companion sending images of her figure back to her, while she sent images of his upside-down self to him.

The dragonking huffed, bemused more than anything, but unwilling to relax as much as his bonded, too bound to the duty of protecting her to ever truly let his guard down. She watches, he commented idly, curling his limbs beneath him and sitting, much like a cat would with their paws folded away beneath them, upon the soft grass. She comes, he added not long after, before yawning a very long, exaggerated yawn to show his utter boredom of the situation.

Amaris turned her tiara to view the mare, though she did not lift it from the grasses, merely twisted it along the loam so that her nose was still pointed to the skies and her eyes had to blink back the taller strands of grass that tried to block out her sight. "Oh!" she said, her tone surprised, though she did little else to show the supposed shock.

"Please, don't hurt us," pleading tones proffered, as her limbs and wings flailed uselessly a moment, before going quite limp again. "I'm much too comfortable to want to move right now," she added, as she nestled happily into the grass, seemingly oblivious to the oddness of her words and actions, and somehow maintaining dignity throughout the curious charade she performed. Pathetic, came the dry words of Dramyrth, though they were coloured by amusement, as he sat, silently watching, unmoving, inevitably curious about what might unfold.

@Noxia
I like being tagged!