the Rift

[OPEN] sitting next to you [Basin Festival Invitations]

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
Gallant, bright, and free, heart jubilant, smile rendered, the Songbird and her kitsune continued on their journey to deliver messages of hope and celebration, pacing amidst the undergrowth of glory and strength, poignantly valiant, body outlined in grace, in regality, in formidable persistence despite the ongoing chaos entrenching their world. She was diligent precision on the banks of bedlam, drifting in and out of stone and ruins, soul and essence intent on her presumed mission, granted a task she had no intention of failing; incandescent all the while, providing tradition, ensuring history stayed alive, breathing, consuming.

Rikyn traversed beside her, providing her with a duty but not sending her alone on the mission (which, truthfully, she would have done with faith and credence regardless, a blossomed flower reaching towards the sun), and while she proffered warm, tender sentiments and silly nothings, the excitement sizzled beneath her skin. The sun flared across her pelt, and the ability to race across the heavens to ensure the world knew of the Basin’s triumphs all over again encouraged her onward and upward.

The sand didn’t spoil her attempts – for no sooner had they reached the border (the towering walls, the island format, a blockage for anyone who dared trespass), the leaflets in Imogen’s mouth unspoiled except for the occasional blemish from an unchecked fang, she ceased all movement, breathed a sigh of relief. Her composure was absolute, a sketch, an outline, a detailed sculpture of peace and tranquility, the message of their intentions loud and clear – not a threat, not a warning, not an ultimatum, but a measure of good will, faith, and an offering of celebration. The Mender inhaled, then exuded a beautiful harmony, calling for anyone intrigued to come forth and hear of their invitations.

[Stopping at the Throat borders to invite everyone to the upcoming Basin festival, starting May 8th!]

her passions are made of nothing but the finest part of pure love
LENA
Credit URL

@Rikyn

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Not the five feet of water to your chin

I’ve been pretty quiet along the way, perhaps made a bit too much like a little boy in the company of my long term elder, and former superior. It is odd to consider myself to be Lord over her, especially, as easy as it is to take over the job of telling the others what to do; something about the respect I’ve acquired for the kind healer over the years, seems to make it difficult to transcend the boundaries of boy to leader while in her company.

So I don’t talk, not a whole lot, anyway, unless spoken to, because how I’ve learned to converse doesn’t seem to be the sort of means a woman like Lena would ever speak. Instead, to fill the quiet and, perhaps, to defer from the fact that I wasn’t talking, I’ve hummed.

Duir bounds ahead of us, in a good mood, occasionally glancing back with a whuff or snort before he continues onwards, as if we are taking too long; having never been to the Throat, he is eager to see the shore of which I’ve spoken of, and the sea which divides the herd land from the rest of Helovia. When we arrive, he’s waiting there, forest and gold eyes wide as they look upon the distant line of golden sand in the distance.

We both look to Lena as she calls to the others, adding our voices to hers; looking at her with awkward smiles, I alternate between her warm gaze and the shore, waiting for the desert entourage.

but the inch above the tip of your nose.

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
With a fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene

Ampere was surprised to find Basiners as the source of the call across the bay. Given that they had recently ventured to the northern herd, she didn't think they'd have much to talk about for some time still. Maybe something with Kaos, Ampere mused as she flew towards the borders. Times like these alliances weren't as important in the face of such a unified threat. It was unfortunate she had endured so many instances like this, where herds willingly shared what tidbits they knew of shadow creatures and healing springs, or new gods and their sicknesses.

"Lord Rikyn," Ampere greeted as she fluttered across the water and swooped in for an easy landing in the sand near him and the bay mare (Ampere had seen her a few times, but the name escaped her). "To what does the Throat owe the pleasure of your visit?" she asked, her diplomatic face securely attached as she offered a smile to them both while her wings flicked and folded at her sides.

Her blue gaze swept over them both in turn, and lingered briefly on the horizon, wondering if they're brought their whole army along this time, or if that was just a show for their home borders. Kygo soon flew in behind Ampere, settling on her rump where he set about cracking the nut he held in one of his claws. For the most part he ignored the others, though was mindful of the kitsune he spied.

Ampere had been deep in mourning by the time of the festival last year, and before that she couldn't entirely remember, so the tradition didn't cross her mind at the moment.

A M P E R E
DREAMING OF _R E V E L R Y

bronzehalo.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME NOW

It is a surprise to find Basiners upon their threshold. Having only recently visited the frozen north in order to solidify their relations, Volterra cannot think of anything so urgent that it would require another meeting between their herds. It's curiosity more than anything that draws him across his lands and towards the cry that beams through the heavens, his strong stride carrying him swiftly at a heavy canter across the sand. When he first came here, maintaining such a pace across the soft shifting grains below his massive feet would have exhausted him; now, there's hardly a bead of sweat upon his thick black skin as he makes his way towards the gathering.

When the ground gives way to air, Volterra trusts the key strung in his mane to create wings that carry him across the vast ocean. When he first joined and obtained his own key, the stallion had been rather wary about jumping into nothing but sky and having to trust a magical object to stop him from crashing down into a watery grave, but now it's second nature for him to sprout his wings of fire and soar like a bird across the sea. He wouldn't say he enjoys these journeys, but he's long since learned not to look down.

The leviathan lands with an elegance that doesn't quite fit with his great size and bulk, but it would have been dreadfully embarrassing to fall on his face in front of Rikyn ahd his lovely lady companion. Ampere is already here, and he flashes her his usual wolfish grin of greeting before glancing between the Lord (damn, it feels strange to think of the Puppeteer as a Lord) and the very attractive mare at his side. He's seen her during mass gatherings, but couldn't put a name to her deeply alluring face. "Seeing you twice in a couple of weeks, Rikyn - why, the Gods have blessed me.” There's a languid, open grin on his handsome features and enough easy sarcasm in his voice to tell the golden-marked unicorn that he's only jesting.

stock image - love, space

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
They were greeted – in a way – Lena’s presence nearly ignored by either leader, but she had been in such situations before, spurned, rejected, a plain little bird amidst a sea of others. She’d been nothing once, a speck on the horizon, a worthless little bloom struggling to rise towards the sun – and her smile never reflected all the hardships, all the chaos, all the shields and swords she’d borne. In repose, in regality, in nobility and refinement, she offered her blessings with a nod towards each sovereign (remembering days too, when she’d done the same amidst warriors, ready to lay down any reverence or swear any oath to reclaim her snatched brethren), grin rekindled and effervescent, awakened by the press of their purpose. She’d known their faces from gatherings, from melees, from the multitudes of bedlam and glory striking through Helovia, and perhaps could be said the same from her stead; she still tried to be more than a miniscule dot, a blemish, a wilted floret in the face of leadership, booming dragons, and flailing sand. Her heart was a strong, enduring muscle – it rarely cowered, bent, or broke apart, and her eyes were beacons of composure and might, taught how to be strong in the chilling winds of the mountains, how to endure beneath the glacial bounties of midnight auroras. “I’m Lena, a Time Mender amongst the Basin,” her voice echoed, a boundless source of serenity and harmony, pervading the loam with a calming essence, an entity of tranquil fronds and persistent whims. “We’re here to extend invitations to our upcoming festival. There will be fortunes read, dancing, songs, story telling, an opportunity to summon the Time God, and even some games for the young ones.” Thereafter, her features were aglow, a cherished sentiment of hope and faith and perseverance, glancing quickly thereafter to Rikyn to see what else he’d like to impart, before swinging back to the rulers of the dunes. “It’d be wonderful if any of you, or your herd, would like to attend.”

her passions are made of nothing but the finest part of pure love
LENA
Credit URL

@Rikyn

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Not the five feet of water to your chin

They seem surprised that we’re here; it’s fair, I guess, because they were up to the North not too long ago. However, it’s tradition for our herd to reach out to the others, even if the motives behind such are no longer that much of a ruse, so much as a tentative apology for the actions of my parents, and their friends. That I still harbored much resentment against those who answer our summons for simply being as they are is a direct consequence of the decisions that those who were supposed to teach me had made…

However, I am not an idiot, despite the fact that I can be foolish, more often than not. Living in a land like Helovia demands a few things of you; primarily, that you set your inhibitions aside. That you abandon the promise of all other Gods for these, because it was their world, and it didn’t matter what haven or paradise you had been promised, because this place would defy and challenge it. Life was too messy to cleave to foolish, old ideals, that meant nothing to no one but me, and even if it hurt to abandon my pride, to force myself to look at these hornless beings as equals, I would.

My mother had fled the land, too stubborn to let go of her dying ways. I would not do such a thing.

I am not a coward. Even if I have damned myself with my actions, and continue to damn myself now, I will do what I must for those I care for, even if most of them are dead, or have forever left me. I still have a few to look after. I still have a purpose here.

"Ah, you thought I was here to see you?" I smirk at my tall, equine friend, flashing a roguish (and perhaps inappropriate) wink at the blue splashed pegasus alongside him, and offering her a somewhat ridiculously flourished bow of my head, as well, "I’m afraid it was the Sultana I couldn’t bare another day without the sight of!"

Lena, of course, is much more focused on our true purpose, a veteran of this particular task. The first year, our invitation by almost all of the herds had been promptly rejected (Midas had lit the foal-painted leaf invites delivered to his herd land on fire, if my mother was to be believed), and things between the Basin and the Throat, in particular, had a history of getting as heated as the God which tended their desert land.

Nodding at her words, I look back to the leaders of the Throat.

"Kaos is still an issue, of course. I assume you’ve had patrols near the Marsh be attacked, as well?" I ask, with a nod, growing more serious, now that the topic requires it, "I guess there is always a risk these days, that Kaos will cause trouble, especially while everyone is otherwise distracted. However, I think it’s important to celebrate the fact that we have a home now, more than ever, and to show him that he has not done much more than make a really ugly statue in a festering wasteland."

but the inch above the tip of your nose.

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
With a fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene

Volterra is soon alongside Ampere, and her head turns faintly towards him in greeting, always glad to have his company when dealing with the other herds. He is quick, despite his lack of wings, though Ampere revels in the fact she often beats him as the first to arrive.

He keeps the tone light and cheery as he greets Rikyn, the previous frost of their alliance meeting thawed, perhaps with the sun's heat, but more likely due to the undetermined intent. Ampere and Volterra were always cordial, just Ampere couldn't always promise she'd be nice. Truth be told though, she didn't mind Rikyn, he just managed to behave like an errant colt on occasion and she was a Mother after all.
As Rikyn returned Volterra's ribbing, Ampere grinned broadly. "You just liked where my eyes are prone to travel," she remarked smugly.

As Lena introduced herself Ampere's 'brows lifted. "Are you Lena the Songbird?" she asked, recognizing the name even if not the mare - she was a bit of an ordinary looking mare to boot. "I've heard tale of your healing, and your singing," Ampere gave a short laugh, "one and the same I suppose."

The true nature of their visit soon became revealed, and Ampere's smiles faded faintly. The notion of a festival, even one in the Basin, was not the cause, but the timing. Rikyn seemed all too well aware as he chimed in about Kaos, the very thing on Ampere's mind, and she nodded at his first question.

"I agree," she began, cautiously and slowly. "However it's one thing to be distracted at home, and quite another to be halfway across Helovia and away from your home and your herdmates which haven't attended." Ampere murmurs in thought. She wouldn't deny any of her herd that wanted to go, even the warriors - and part of that was merely because they'd be ineffective against Kaos anyway. However she wasn't so sure she'd attend, even if it disappointed dear Rikyn.

A M P E R E
DREAMING OF _R E V E L R Y

bronzehalo.deviantart.com

@Volterra

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME NOW

He unfurls a smirk at Rikyn's swift rebuke. Indeed, only a blind man could miss Ampere's beauty, but Volterra senses that any stallion wishing to dally with her would risk her wrath as easily as he would obtain her affection. After all, hadn't she been one of Gaucho's favoured women, even bearing his children? Volterra does not envy anybody seeking to slip into the Wildfire's lofty shoes - even the Indomitable himself would think twice about exerting his considerable charm upon the Mother of Companions. Oh, he'd dearly love to get to know those curves of hers a lot better, but he's under no assumptions that she would accept such a proposition. Best to play it safe and keep his attentions elsewhere, and Rikyn would be wise to do the same.

The pretty little slip of a mare introduces herself as Lena, and Volterra dips his great head in greeting to her. She tells them of a festival, and the beast's ears immediately prick with interest. Any excuse for a good piss-up is fine by him, even if he can't help but wonder if this is an ideal time for festivities given the current state of their land, with its Kaos-shaped threat hanging overhead. He frowns slightly, but the Puppeteer addresses his concerns as though he's read the Indomitable's mind - hell, it wouldn't surprise Volterra if he could do precisely that, as after all he can control minds, so reading them does not seem like too big of a stretch.

Rikyn is right, he supposes. Levity is needed even in the darkest of days, although Ampere also raises a valid point about abandoning their home to go halfway across Helovia. "Your concerns are valid, Ampere, however I truthfully cannot see Kaos attacking the Throat whilst we are gone. His....appearances seem limited to the Marsh for now, and even if he did attack the Throat, I have complete confidence that those who stayed behind could hold the fort until those at the party could return.” After all, they are the Dragon's Throat - they are warriors born and bred, hardened on the desert sands and forged in the heat of the Sun. Woe betide Kaos if he thought to strike them whilst they are weak - they are never weak!

He glances to Rikyn and Lena. "We can tentatively accept your invitation, Basiners, however not all of us will be able to attend for safety's sake. Those that do will be the life and soul of the party, naturally.” He grins, although it doesn't quite reach his eyes - like Ampere, he's more worried than he cares to admit about what Kaos might do in their absence, and decides he'll leave his dragons behind to watch over things if he attends.

stock image - love, space

@Lena
@Rikyn

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]