the Rift

[PRIVATE] Heaven Knows It's Cold Outside, Baby

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Never looking back or too far in front of me
The Present is a gift, and I just wanna Be
I didn’t know what to make of the steaming, bubbling pit of water, so I just stood there mad at it.

I was mad at a lot of things lately; mad at the cold, like how fucking dare you be cold already, jeez; mad at the danger nipping at our heels, like ugh fuck you Kaos, why you gotta be a thing, why can’t you just let us sleep at night; mad at the sorry state of our warriors, like jeez fuck who’s out here protecting the Protectors? Can’t catch a break, can’t win for losing.

Still mad about Tembovu. Hadn’t seen him since he dipped out on the kingship, and I wasn’t prepared for the pull in my chest that threatened to tear it up a little. I wanted to look at him but there wasn’t anything to say to him, not really, and if there was I wouldn’t have the social skill to find it and wrestle it well; I just wanted him though and I missed him and I was facing it, but I didn’t like how much I missed him, I dunno, it didn’t seem right to feel this much over a tired friend who probably just wanted the world off his shoulders for a minute. I couldn’t fault him for that--I didn’t fault him at all, actually. I just missed him, that’s all, but I didn’t know how to handle it so I was just pissed about it and now this bubbling pit of water had to pay for it.

Fuck this water, man.

Like...what was it even supposed to do? It was warm--I could feel the warm steam wafting from it, easing the chill from the soft autumn breeze. But I’d never seen it before, and it didn’t seem like a natural spring. Someone had built this shit, and I wasn’t sure who, but I wondered what they meant by it. It smelled like...lots of people at the same time, so I guess it was a public spot? I dunno, I was too pissed to really think about it, too much so to even really mind Cheek when he approached it, batting a large paw into the foamy liquid. Feel nice, he said, and I didn’t care, I was already on my way to finish this patrol.

"In ornare vitae leo eu volutpat."
image credits

@Alysanne

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

A sense of unease had been growing in Alysanne ever since the herd meeting - which seemed to be the trend lately. Despite the fact that the Moon Goddess, via their Seer, did not seem upset about the strange occurances around Helovia, Alysanne could not share in any ease. She just wanted the Edge and everyone within it to be safe and the strange attacks by animals around Helovia weren’t doing anything to soothe her nerves - whether or not they were caused by Kaos or something else entirely.

And Tembovu just seemed to have disappeared after the herd meeting, which was hardly comforting. Hopefully he just needed a bit of rest - perhaps some time with Rexanna to raise their young daughter so she wouldn’t turn out the way Kianzo had.

So much of this herd loved their Elephant King, and while Alysanne didn’t really understand that affection towards him herself she worried about how his absence would affect the Edge.

But, thankfully, her thoughts were not on Tembovu for long - because she spotted a familiar figure near the hot tub Isopia had graciously made for the herd. “Roskuld!” Alysanne called out to the younger mare, trotting to catch up to her. The usual warm smile in her eyes was dimmed slightly, her worries not easily cast aside even though her joy at seeing their General was very genuine, but her voice was soft when she spoke again. “How are you?”

just let my love throw a spark
and have a little faith in me

art by rhiaan

@Roskuld :D
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries