the Rift

[OPEN] Twin Trees

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie
& I think to myself

Maude

The way to the Moon Temple seemed much further away when one had such precious cargo.  Trundling along with her second potted glow-cherry tree, the tree-maiden has made her way precariously from Trewdwellan across the realm once already, and is now on her final venture.  Hoping that, in the interim, no one accidentally knocked over her current cargo’s sibling, the girl gently hums a soothing tune to her currently tightly clasped between her teeth potted sapling.

Though she had initially started them to grow alongside Trewdwellan, founding a small grove by which she could remember Erthë by (who, having been healed, seemed to be lured out of Helovia by her wandering heart, and had not yet returned), and which Maude could show her, when she returned.  Ever the optimist, it does not cross the youth’s mind that, perhaps, her chilly skinned friend would never return to Helovia at all, let alone the World’s Edge, and perhaps even time will be unable to deter the steadfastly hopeful girl from her illogical path of logic.

Making a muffled gasp of horror when she stumbles over a root, the cloaked maiden wobbles precariously for a moment, but daren’t loosen her hold on the glass pot.  What a disaster that would be!  Regaining her balance swiftly enough, Maude carries on, all the more cautious for the last hundred yards.

When she at last makes it to the Temple and her (blessedly) safe plant’s equally safe sibling, she gently sets down her precious sapling, and promptly plops down alongside them.  Not all together physically weary, her neck and shoulders are terribly sore from having to be so still, and her head is definitely done for a while.  That was too much focus for a swiftly living girl, like she!

Sighing as she flops her antlered head over on the grass, her legs splayed out to either side of the pots, and her belly some half foot from the blue glass sides, the ever cheerful daughter of Doctor Tilney talks to her trees, as she was apt to do.

"Oh, I know you are tired of living in glass, she giggles and mumbles at them, quietly; if someone weren’t very, very close, they couldn’t hear her at all, "but just a moment longer.  It was ever so tiring making it here, you see, and I’d hate to hurt you by accident.  Rehoming little trees isn't easy, you know!"

Especially for a young unicorn…

[ OOC:  She is transplanting her glow cherry saplings alongside the Moon Temple path, if anyone would like to help! ]
what a wonderful world

Image by Stephan Mignon@Flickr - Code by Me
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

The elusive fruit-eating rodent on wings had flown the coop. Pea was no where to be found, the bond silent and still. Never in all his life had he done anything close to resembling this, a life nearing on a whole year now, and one filled with what Tilney was sure was good care and love. Pea hadn't... left? had he? Frantically Tilney traced through the woods, verdant gaze passing over each branch in the hopes his friend would be roosting near by.
"TILNEY!"
The voice came to him like a slap in the face, the puzzled stag skidding to a halt (bashing his shoulder onto a tree trunk as he did so). "LATE YOU!" was the next squawk from his flighty but featherless friend.

Ah,
Yes.
The ginger gentleman had forgotten his plan to help Maude plant her trees, which was more or less expected - he forgot just about everything that he needed to know, only ever retaining useless facts.

Turning upon his hocks the stag makes his way toward the temple grounds, his walk steady and mind silent as he spots Pea had arrived on the ground beside his daughter, his tiny fingers reaching up to help with the planting.
"Hallo m'love" Tilney spoke to his nearest and dearest, a smile crossing his maw as he beheld her precious face. "Need any help?" He would then ask, knowing that even if she insisted she did it herself he'd still sit with her. Taking a careful step over her potted trees, Tilney took his place across from her and lowered himself to the ground with a heafty grunt and sigh as he always did, his floor-length hair pooling in the meadow grass in masses.

honk

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie
& I think to myself

Maude

The sound of hooves draws her eyes up from her plants, though her head remains low as it might, to look on who approaches. A smile grows on her lips no sooner than the familiar figure of her father appears behind the saplings, and, though she hadn’t intended on sitting up, she does now. The sun, reaching through the changing boughs overhead, kisses her creamy curls, and stains her with golden dapples, and as her father lowers himself to the earth alongside her pots, she extends are muzzle between them in greeting.

"Hello Sweet Pea, hello daddy," she grins, her citrine eyes sparkling with the happiness that seemed to pour from an eternal source within her, excitement tracing her next words, "I suppose! I’d hate to hurt them now that they’ve come so far."

The growing filly nods, and looks back at her precious saplings, so carefully tended for the duration of the spring and summer. They were now almost two feet high, and plenty hardy enough to make it on their own. Having a professional horticulturist like her father help only further ensured that all her toil over the last many months hadn’t been wasted.

"How do you think is best to protect them from passerby?" quips the filly, rising to her hooves after taking another moment to lay in the dim light with her sire; stretching her haunches upwards, before then lifting her shoulders to the sky, too, her eyes glimmer with the faintest fret as she looks back to her father, "I worry they’ll be trampled, they are so small…"

Muses the girl as she makes her way to where on the path she thinks they’ll thrive best, studiously digging at the earth there with a hoof.

"I think they’ll look handsome opposite each other here, for now," she decides on her own, having been struck with another question while she’d been thinking, faint worry lining her youthful face, "but do you think I should put better dirt in over them than what was here? I didn’t bring any."

what a wonderful world

Image by Stephan Mignon@Flickr - Code by Me

@Tilney
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.