the Rift

Like A Tidal Wave [OPEN SPAR]

Akumi Posts: 24
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 years (Bird Song) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Rose
AKUMI
    Akumi walked along the endless blues edge and stuck a red hoof inside. The water felt cool to her hooves but had a hint of warmth. The ocean stretched in and out between her black legs while her mane and tail floated atop the water. She came here to visit but the ocean gave her an energy inside unlike none before. She was excited and thought about having a friendly spar with someone. Having a spar with no hard feelings afterward sounded like fun, but with who? She had no idea who else would also be in the mood just for fun. She'd never even fought anyone before so its not like she knew what she was doing. Her plan was to "wing it" as best she could and just see what happens  "I would like to have a friendly spar with someone!" She spoke aloud. She preferred someone of the same muscle structure and height for an even match but anything would do.
PhilosopheR
world's edge
Image Credit

Setting: Endless Blue

Looking for just a friendly spar with Akumi. No permanent injury or death. I have never actually sparred with anyone before so I dont know how battle rolling and such goes either. So a teaching lesson along with this spar would be appreciated. Since I havent before I figured, why not learn now <3
Someday somebody will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Pippigrin Posts: 77
Dragon's Throat Gladiator atk: 6.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 10hh :: Two HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Brandybuck :: Wolverine :: None Neverrmind
[Image: pipliontable_by_neverrmind-db8vac5.png]
P I P P I G R I N

The psithurism upon each feather created a most curious kind of chorus, one you'd expect to hear from a sail upon the wind or vestment fluttering in the breeze. It was the sea wind itself that created the barrage upon the hobbit's pennons, causing a slapping, wind-ripping noise as the halfling turned his rudder-like pennons down toward the coast, eyes of crystal and ice set upon the shore where a call for fun and games had stolen his attention. With the wolverine cub gripping his down feathers and riding between his wings on a saddle-like patch of fluff, Pippigrin had kept his flying slow and steady; No zooming, no zipping, and certainly no Flimsypoppers*. Already they had had a few near misses, and they were always one Flimsypop away from Brandybuck jam.

Altitude declining, the half-sized pegasus was quick to spot the woman of ember and onyx; his opponent.
"Hay!" The gentleman cooed after he had swooped in to meet her, soon to reach out with both front hooves and land upon the sand at a distance of what he would assume was twenty to thirty feet. "I'll spar ya!" was his next bellow, brows narrowing as the confidence brewed within his puffed chest. Equipped with both leg guards and his sling shot, Pippigrin was just about ready to go were it not for the googlie-eyed cub sitting upon his withers, gripping his wing as he keeled over in an attempt to harness a better look at the stranger. The guardian would certainly not fight with this young fellow, so much to the wolverine's despair the halfling lowered his left wingtip to the sand, creating a ramp for the fellow to trudge off of.
After some coaxing and some back and fourth nips from the stubborn pup, Pippin had managed to usher his bonded to safety, but not before he had managed to pluck a piece of coral from the ground and hold it towards the hobbit's slingshot.
Ammo, the hobbit though as he took it between his teeth.

"Ready!?" Pip would come to squeak, stepping backwards in order to maintain the distance of around twenty feet. Shaking his trusty slingshot from his horns and jamming it tightly into the brace upon his foreleg, Pippin's lips curved into a sly smile (one he was trying to hide with great difficulty). Loading the coral into it's pouch with his mouth, the hobbit gave a sweet giggle as he pulled back to aim at her nose, a plan only just coming to mind. The lad pushed his energy forward, ready to invoke his magic of light, of wind, of speed.
PING!

The slingshot was fired, though, it's bullet would not likely reach the target before Pippigrin.
Shooting across the sand at inconceivable speed, the stag plotted to place himself on the woman's left side, allowing his magic to cool and subside as he leapt forward whist craning his muscular, sweat sheened neck. The lad's plot was to land his horns down upon her left hip, rendering it useless for the rest of the fight if he could.

ATTACK No. 1
WORD COUNT: 520
SUMMARY: Fires at Akumi with his slingshot and then uses speed magic to zoom towards her and attempts to ram her left hip!
HOBBIT'S DICTIONARY:  *Flimsypopper = a mid-flight flip in the air.

HI!
I'm not approved for teaching and i'm still learning myself but I know the rules etc so I can tell you the basics which is all you'll need to fight Pip haha.

Basically there's 3 attacks each and a closing defence depending on who attacked first (that will be me because I attacked first!), damage is calculated by the dice etc! Make sure you put the attack number and your word count under your post and you're not allowed over 800 words or you'll get penalties!
damage is rolled from 1-6, 6 being the highest and 1 being lowest! so have Akumi take damage accordingly, for example a 1 might be a small cut but it's the lowest damage so it's not going to cripple her etc.

The dice rolls are pretty simple, they just look complex. Send me a message on discord and I can explain them! There's also a dice roll guide in this board im pretty sure! Everything is explained in these boards pretty much or in the guide book! have a good look thru and it'll all make sense but once again please message me on discord if you'd like help!

☀︎

Akumi Posts: 24
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 years (Bird Song) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Rose
AKUMI
Akumi was surprised to hear a reply to her request to spar. Looking up to the sky from where it came she noticed a small figure gliding by. "He must be very high up" she thought. But then he came down to the sand and Akumi stood corrected now noticing the stallion was just small in size.
     He bellowed out a hello and Akumi nodded her head in greeting. She looked over the small stallion's muscled body and strange height. His horns weren't like hers at all, they were pointed down and curved up at the end like a goat. Akumi tilted her head sightly as she took in the features of her opponent. She didnt think it was very fair that his ten-hand-height give him such a disadvantage but that's where he proved her wrong.
     From between his horns he revealed a slingshot that he quickly strapped to a strange brace that rested strapped upon his leg. He had gathered coral from nearby and loaded it in. Akumi braced herself and pulled her muscles tight, ready to move quickly from the flying coral but it was only a diversion. As he shot the coral Akumi pushed her legs into the sand and jumped to the side arching her neck. Sand flew to the side when she did and grains began to stick to her damp legs. Before she even knew what had happened Pipin was right in front of her now and aiming for her back hip.
     "What?!" the thought to herself. The stallion had moved with such speed she had never seen before but alas it was not quick enough. Akumi was agile and swift and moved her hips before he could reach them and instead swung out a hoof towards his face; attempting to break his jaw or leave a gash on his neck at the least.
    Fear of his horns and speed had struck her at first but now her blood pounded confidence throughout her body. "Hey! At least take me to dinner first; eat this!" She proclaimed as she struck out. Perhaps she had too much confidence; she would really make a fool of herself if she were to miss.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
WC: 365
Attack: 1/3
Summary: Pippin's attack missed and Akumi attacks back by pushing her leg out in an attempt to break his jaw or gash his face/throat.

OOC: thank you! C:
PhilosopheR
world's edge
Someday somebody will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Pippigrin Posts: 77
Dragon's Throat Gladiator atk: 6.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 10hh :: Two HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Brandybuck :: Wolverine :: None Neverrmind
[Image: pipliontable_by_neverrmind-db8vac5.png]
P I P P I G R I N

Oh dear.
All that hullabaloo, all of that raging confidence, and not even a single one of his hairs had landed upon his opponent. Pippigrin did not think he could ever condescend to such poor form, nor had he ever performed so badly as to completely miss his target.  Already he had begun to sulk, perhaps because he had been pitted against an opponent who was, for once, a reasonable and fair match (compared to others like the Sultan for example). The shame had him struck, his legs turning from firm daggers to wobbly vines as he attempted to slink a number of paces away from the mare, though still, as hot kisses and a vibrant blush bloomed upon his cheeks, he began to wonder just how the woman could avoid such an attack! The boy had moved faster than any eye could behold nor comprehend and yet... she had been quicker? How was that so? Surely she was not matched to him in speed, nor could she anticipate his movements?  
...Or could she?
The magic and power of wind and light was one that was brand new to the pesky pegasus, and it was most definitely the kind that would need a deal of practise - Perhaps he had simply misjudged the distance, the speed?
Still, the hobbit was greatly unsure. Was she truly omnifisent*?

"HEY!
At least take me to dinner first!
Eat this!"

The startled guardian was taken quite off guard, though the woman's voice was quite enough to alert him. Ducking his head low, his whiskers brushing against the coastal sand as the mighty hoof of his rival soared over his ear tips. "Woah!" He bellowed, or rather, gasped as the missing punch was packed right in the direction of where his dainty little nose had been only milliseconds earlier. Ouch. The little bird didn't even want to imagine what sort of state he would be in had he not ducked.
Pippigrin had no clue which of her feet had been aimed at his head, though there was the small victory in the fact that he too had sustained no damage.
Except, of course, the hefty bruise to his pride.

The hobbit had no real worry for Brandybuck who remained coiled in the sand quite a distance from the fight, watching through beady eyes. Every now and again the creature might coo through his muzzle in an attempt to communicate, though his soft grumbling went unnoticed by the fighter.

Pippigrin's head raised from the sand, his eyes narrowing for a brief moment upon the woman and the mouth where her venomous sarcasm had leaked from. Pip would never have dinner with the likes of her - that was his favourite time of the day and he spent it with friends only.
"You're-"
Pausing between his words as he swiped his front right leg with all the precision he could muster, plotting to strike Akumi's off side ribs or flank.
"NOT-"
Again the halfling paused after his breathless boom, this time reaching forth with his near side hoof, aiming for the same spot as his original claw.
"INVITED!"

ATTACK No. 2
WORD COUNT: 519
HOBBITS DICTIONARY: Omnifisent* = Pippigrin cannot say big words like 'omniscient' but manages with his own versions of them, like Omnifisent.

You're doing great!!!
@Akumi

☀︎
critical miss to his pride