the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
Naerys and Petyr

She's watched most of the night pass by. Watched the stars sparkling high up in the sky, the moon shining down steady. The nights are growing colder, the leaves are turning and making the empty space beside her that much more prominent. How long had it been since she'd seen Caenan? How many meetings have passed? How many seasons? Her third birthday had come and gone with little ado. No, not little... none at all. No celebration, no family, no acknowledgement at all. It might have been different if her pirate were still around. At least he would have remembered. At least he would have made an effort. But then, even she could have overlooked her own birthday if he'd been present. What does she have instead? A broken heart and lack of sleep. Try as she might, the shadow of what they once had haunts her every time she closes her eyes. So instead, she remains awake until she can't fight it anymore. Not the best solution, certainly not the healthiest, but it's all she can handle.

As the time ticks by and his scent is no longer anywhere to be found, sorrow begins to transform into anger. Instead of wanting to find him just to feel him beside her again, she kind of wanted to find him just to give him a swift kick in the chest (not an entirely displeasing thought). The sky is still dark when she slips from the protection of the forest, leaving Petyr nestled in the trees not far from where she typically sleeps. Between her thoughts and the lack of sleep, the trees had begun to feel too restricting, claustrophobic. Naerys is as silent as she can be as she moves towards the cliff's edge, settling into her favorite spot near the southwestern corner. From here, the long stretch of sandy beach is enticingly clear, contrasting with the deep blue of the sea. The water is in perpetual motion, constantly shifting and sometimes crashing against the rocks and beach. Perhaps the most beautiful of all, is the reflection of the night sky in the ocean's dark, rippled surface.

In the tender stillness, though, her involuntary melancholic sigh is far more clear. Yet as the moon begins to slip beneath the horizon, the young mare grits her teeth and launches herself from the ledge with her wings unfurled. She naturally adjusts their position, holding them tight as she dips down near the ocean's surface before extending her wings and lifting herself back upwards. Yet she doesn't return to the Edge. Instead, she adjusts her course and swoops in to land gracefully upon the sands of the Endless Blue once again. Naerys traipses along the sparkling beach - slow and steady as she waits for the sunrise. She'd first found him here and the memories of that day are incredibly difficult to ignore but perhaps she could replace them with better ones.
won't admit what i already know
i've never been the best at letting go
Coding by Tamme; Image by Sarah

@Astarot
Petyr isn't actually here right now, I just wanted to use this pretty picture. <3

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Astarot Posts: 81
Dragon's Throat Sun Physician atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 2 (Birdsong) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zafír :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Pare

The sky faded from the pinks and purples of dusk to the inky black of night. Pounding hooves can be heard easily over the quite shushing noise of the ocean. The large stallion and dragon might live surrounded by the sea, but it was different on this side of Helovia. There was something about looking out over this part of the ocean that seemed truly endless. Maybe it was because you was currently alone gazing out at the rippling water as they raced down the sand. Sometimes it just felt good to get away from the herd and his responsibilities. It felt like just yesterday he had been a plain member of the Throat with nothing more to do than just wonder his home and bring home lost souls. Now he had a whole herd to look after and care for. Their health was in his hands, and he didn't feel like he was capable. He was so young, with so many things to learn, yet his Apa trusted him with the lives of everyone in the herd.

A deep sigh ruffled his muzzle as he finally halted his run to stare out at the sea. Zafir flew off in search of something to hunt down and devour. He stood silently gazing out at the dark water losing himself in the constant hush and shh sound of the water lapping at the sand. He hadn't realized how close he had come to the World's Edge cliff. In all honesty he didn't even know about the cliff there. He'd never been to the World's Edge, or in it at least. He had skirted the boundaries once long ago, when he had been hunting for his long lost mother. He balked at the memories of his gentle voiced mother. It had been to long since he had seen her delicate features smiling down at him. His heart gave a painful thump as her face floated into his mind.

The sound of wings beating at the early dawn air shoved the memories away for him. Dual eyes shifted upward searching for the source curiously. He could tell by the sound the wings were a lot larger than Zafir's so he wondered what or who was coming towards him. In the lightening sky he could see a Pegasus lowering towards the beach. He watched as a lithe form landed easily further down the beach. The form walked slowly moving closer to him, but not really towards him. He wondered if the lone figure even noticed him. A slight breeze brought him scents of evergreens and the perfume worn only by ladies. Was she here for the same reasons he was? Did she need to get away and clear her head as well?

if so maybe she thought as he did that speaking to a new person was the best way to do calm his whirling mind. Cautiously he called out, his warm gravely voice brushing the cool air. He didn't want to frighten the lady away by rushing forward. He strode forward his body falling easily into it's open posture. Had he ever held himself in any other way, or had he always been this kind? He couldn't remember. A gentle smile fell into place reaching all the way to his dual colored eyes. As he drew close enough his eyes slipped over her gentle frame. In the dim light he couldn't tell if it was black or bay that broke up the white spots. She was shorter and slightly older than himself, but he didn't mind. Most horses were shorter than his towering height. His eyes shifted to the flowers growing around her hooves. "It looks like it might be a beautiful morning." He smiled and dipped his head in greeting, "My name is Astarot, it's nice to meet you Miss." He gazed down at her wondering what she was doing out here alone.

Words
Words;; 650
OOC/Tags;; @Naerys

ASTAROT & TYRATH
I'm the pretty one in this bromance

[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_trans_tag_by_are_we_...a8y6wy.png]

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
Naerys and Petyr

To say that she noticed the slightly younger stallion right away would be a lie. Naerys was so consumed in her own thoughts, so focused on trying to forget her pirate that she didn't realize that she wasn't actually alone on the beach. Petyr, with his keen and observant eyes, would have pointed out the stallion immediately but he wasn't with her - he was resting instead, sleeping for the both of them back in the safety of the Edge. Despite her lack of sleep, however, she isn't caught up in any sort of mental fog; she is alert, just... distracted. And maybe, just maybe, that distraction would be the end of her this time. There is nothing quick or lighthearted about her movements, instead her head is held low and her normally bright eyes stare blankly at the sand. Naerys lightly drags her hooves through the fine, soft granules with each step; subconsciously exaggerating her melancholic state.

Normally as keen and observant as her bonded, the young spy is anything but herself in this particular moment. In fact, the steadily brightening sky manages to escape her notice just as easily as the stallion not so far away. Naerys didn't realize just how close to him she was before his voice snaps her back to reality. Instantaneously the girl stops in her tracks, raises her head with her ears alert and forward. How did he manage to escape her notice so easily? Yet, despite being startled, the girl doesn't jump - she merely perks up. A simple gesture that would likely be perceived as showing interest in having company; which she is, of course, but first and foremost she's startled by his sudden appearance. Now that she is aware of his presence, though, her teal gaze doesn't miss much. There is something so subtle and elegant about the way her bright eyes quickly assess and caress his sturdy masculine frame - finding very little that simply didn't appeal. He is strong and capable - the curves of his muscles evident beneath his light coat - but there is also a profound gentleness in his approach. A familiar tenderness that she simply couldn't quite place just yet. "Indeed." she admits in a soft, almost breathy tone. "Although... the sun will be rising just over there." she adds, gesturing lightly to the east - her small teasing comment is meant for little more than a bit of flirty fun. Naerys can't (or maybe won't) fight the small smile that threatens to curl her lips and her own comment garners a soft, feminine chuckle.

And just like that, the weight of her worries is shoved aside and forgotten. The pirate is momentarily a simple shadow of her past. Though perhaps the most surprising is how easily she began to flirt again - regardless of how awkward her 'skills' might be. "Astarot." she repeats, mulling his name around for a moment before nodding gently. "I'm Naerys. The pleasure is all mine, I'm sure." Her warm voice and sweet tones easily betray just how pleased she is that he is here with her. Perhaps it would be better if she weren't so forward (and she certainly wouldn't blame him if he ran for the hills) but the Gods know she isn't simply acting like a giddy, hormonal teenager... she kind of is one. Caenan's sudden disappearance certainly hasn't helped her stability or lack thereof but perhaps his timing was intentional.

Please Gods, don't let her make a complete fool of herself.
won't admit what i already know
i've never been the best at letting go
Coding by Tamme; Image by Sarah

@Astarot
Since this one wasn't archived, we can just continue this one. :D
Hope that's alright with you! Also, I'm sorry Nae is so awkward. She actually had another line to throw in but I told her to shut up and wait for the next post or she just might scare him off. XD

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.