the Rift

[OPEN] [welcome] Lunar butterflies

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

For the most part, the stag's chit-chat had ceased as he ambled ahead in the meadow. Every so often he would stop to make sure the woman did not get lost or fall behind, his thoughts reaching out to her own on occasion but never quite being able to reach far enough. The journey was a long and rather tremendous trek, the kind that was no ordinary feat. By the time the old pine came into view and a stray shard of glass gave a chink upon his hoof, the moon had risen and the sun was saying it's farewells.

"We are here." The stag had come to announce to his travelling companion, his pale footfalls lingering along the tree line. "There used to be a glass wall that surrounded our home, though it is long gone. Now we have a barricade of glass spikes protecting the perimeter, with a gate to lead in and out."

The doctor's pace continued long and true through the underbrush with no sign of hesitaiton until he reached the glass barrier separating the duo from the humble herd land of the World's Edge and the world outside. Lantern lit, the chirping contraption swinging proudly on his antlers, Tilney allowed himself in through the gates before offering them open for the lady who accompanied him. Where was he to show her? There were a great many places in the Edge she may be interested. For now, perhaps she might just like rest and food (or so he would assume). If he could find Maude perhaps the girl could take her to Trewdwellan for shelter for the night.

@Maude if you want to come!
and @Idolum
evryone come meet idolum :)

tilney

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

As she grew, Maude also was growing into her own unique person. While, at first, she had been particular keen to write songs and play in meadows, she had soon grown entirely fascinated with herbology, and healing. So, too, had another twist arrived into thinking, and life direction, perhaps because she’d had far too much time as of late to herself, and her private thoughts, as she’d tended to the last flowers of the season. Such a day it had been that the quest she was currently on had begun, and why she was here, out along the border, so near to nightfall, gathering strongly scented flowers.

Clutched gently in her lips are several sprigs of evening primrose, its pale white petals illuminated in the remaining light which wasn’t swallowed by long, evening shadow. She almost drops her bouquet in surprise as she comes upon the path leading to the gate out of the Edge, and finds her father.

Wide-eyed, she carefully tucks the stems of her gathered flowers into the mouth of the pouch her mother had given her for her birthday, their aroma swirling about her nostrils as she looks back to Tilney, and the girl in his company. Smiling, wondering if she’ll be fussed at for being out so late, the growing youth (and the sassy teenager she is readily becoming) already has a reply in mind, if that’s the case.

Evening, daddy!” she cheerfully greets, oblivious to the somewhat sinister nature of the mare accompanying her beloved father; when she looks to the strange, tall woman with cheerful, light green eyes, all she sees is a potential friend, having made almost no enemies in her short life so far, “who is your friend? I’m Maude.

& I know that God exists
’cause I’m holding her in my arms
Art by neverrmind @ DA

@Tilney @Idolum
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Idolum Posts: 11
World's Edge Mare
Mare :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 2
Sospes :: Common Zephyr :: Roc .A.
Oh Mother, I can feel the soil fall over my head.
The walk seemed longer to Idolum.  Instead of using her feathered limbs to lift herself above her traveling companion, she slowly strode behind him on the ground.  Her wings itched to be used, but she ignored the twitching feeling.  As she walked in silence, her panicky feeling started to dissipate.  She could travel without feeling watched...judged.  The stallion seemed kind, understanding of her anxious personality.

For now...

Sospes' words felt heavy, but she tried to tune him out, instead sending him a glare each time he eyed the bat.  The bird had filled his belly with the flesh of a wild rabbit, and now sat upon her withers, preening his inky feathers.  

The sun is going down.

I know...

We should find a secluded spot somewhere.

Her mind was drawn from her bonded's words to the ones that fell from the hazel stallion.  She stared at the glass spikes that stuck out from the ground for a moment before following him through a set of gates.  It was an interesting piece of history, and she could imagine a wall of thick glass surrounding the area.  Almost like her own see-through barrier that she kept around herself.

There is someone else...

Sospes stood at attention, his wings outstretched as a mare...filly...approached them. She too was adorned with a set of antlers, but they shone a more golden hue then that of Tilney.  Her ears settled back, a familiar feeling of anxiety filling her as the stranger called out to the stallion.  Her inquiry was bright, like that of a child, along with a flash of a smile.  The girl seemed cheerful.  Idolum let her ears swivel forward before offering her own shy grin.

Are you going to let the man speak for you?

No!

Then do it yourself.

Tentatively, she forced her muscles to relax before offering some words in her cracked voice.  "Idolum...my name is Idolum.  Um, Tilney offered a place to stay.  I hope that is ok?...."
@Tilney @Maude || Thank you  thank you thank you for your patience!

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

- sometimes in the wind of change -

Welcoming parties tended tob be large in the Edge. Lyanna tried to convince herself not to stand around at the Gate waiting to say hello to everyone, and for the most part, that worked. Really, she was too busy to really spend as much time standing by the gate to say hello as she might like. What time she does have, she tries to spend tending to the garden and the greenhouse until they had new Moon Doctors to replace her or she heads to the Threshold herself. She doesn’t do any of these things as much as she would like, but she tries. Maybe she should have asked the Goddess for magic to be in multiple places at once.

Today though, she actually just happens to be nearby. Really, she’s not standing here like a welcoming committee. But she’d only recently gotten back from a trip out of the Edge, and the sound of voices nearby catches her attention. There were still faces here she didn’t really know, and she hated that, so she decides to make her way over.

There are three horses, two of whom are familiar to her. She smiles at Tilney and Maude before turning her attention to the new mare, who she’d managed to catch introducing herself. “Hello, I’m Lyanna.” she offers, her voice kind and friendly as always. “We’d love to have you stay. We have plenty of jobs, if you are interested in that sort of thing. Tilney and Maude are both healers here,” she smiles, nodding to both, “but we also have warriors, sneaks, philosophers, and crafters. Though you can certainly just rest your head here too.” She stops, realizing she’s probably rambled on quite enough for now.

- we find our true direction -

lyanna

@Idolum
casually crashes thread - hope you don't mind!

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki