the Rift

[OPEN] brown leaves, grey skies [welcoming]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
the GoldenShade
The trek from the Threshold to the Edge was one that took a lot longer by hoof than it did by wing. If I had been able to fly I would have made it home in a couple of hours, but I was being weighed down by a foal who didn't have any wings. But even if he did have wings and was able to fly he was far too weak and tired to make it far. So I guided him through the Threshold and into the Hidden Falls. "A herd used to call this place home." I said, glancing down at the child. "The God of the Earth watched over this land. A lot of horses call him Father Earth, and I suppose it's fitting." I had no idea if Geronimo could even comprehend what I was saying, but I kept talking anyway. "I know a place that we can rest for the night. We'll continue in the morning."

The sun had just dipped below the horizon when we finally reached the thickett. "Lay down and rest." I murmured, gently nudging Geronimo so he would lay down. "Mara will rest with you." She was far too willing to drape her fluffy feline body over the colt and within a few minutes she was fast asleep, snoring softly. I spent the night standing guard over the child and my companion, and I have to admit; it felt strange to be on guard in a place that used to be my home.

When morning came I roused Geronimo and Mara so we could continue our journey. I was eager to be back in the Edge and was hopeful that if we pushed we could make it before nightfall. "Come on, we're almost home." I said, my tone encouraging even though I knew we still had several hours of travel ahead of us. I ushered the child from the thickett and we were on our way again. This time, since he was well rested, I set our pace quite a bit faster, only slowing when Geronimo needed to rest.

It was late afternoon by the time we reached the edge, the sun was already making its descent toward the horizon and the mist was already swirling around the tree trunks. "We're home." I breathed, smiling down at the colt. "Mara, will you find Drago?" I asked, and seconds later she was running through the mist, dark shadows enveloping her form as she changed back into her canine form.

"."
Mara's Form

@Geronimo
@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
It doesn’t take Mara long to find him, because the crafter is already out looking for his girls when Ranjiri returns with Geronimo. Occasionally calling out for Letha or Ranjiri, sometimes both, the gentle-hearted man grows increasingly worried that they’ve slipped out, and run away from him. Not sure what he’s done, either, the distress only worsens, so, when his beloved’s companion scampers into the path before him, a sigh of relief is most immediately what the stallion manages, followed by realigning his path to follow the dog-form shifter to her bonded.

The sight of his golden embellished darling fills him with a secondary wave of relief, and though Letha is not with her, just her presence is enough to assure him that, surely, her daughter is somewhere in the Edge, exploring or playing. Anything but leaving him behind, he can accept, and that love which he’d begun to think had meandered away, suddenly fills his eyes as he moves towards her. With a gentle embrace, he strives to enfold her shoulders beneath the embrace of his cocoa neck, kissing his lips across her cheek as he pulls back to look into her brilliant, ruby tone eyes.

"Ranjiri," he murmurs, about to ask her where she had been, when he sees the colt with her. Drawing back to take in the sight of the mostly white, scrawny thing, his eyes fill with concern for the scraggly babe. "Who is this?"

He asks, instead.

And now the ice is stirring and spring is near
There is no one calling but the sound is clear
And though I'm not yet gone, I'm still not here

Image by Neverrmind@DA - Code by Me
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Geronimo Posts: 5
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: Eight Months
Neverrmind
[Image: tableronlu_by_neverrmind-db9ktzj.png]
G E R O N I M O

AND THE LION'S ROAR, THE LION'S ROAR
IS SOMETHING THAT I HAVE HEARD BEFORE.
A CHILDREN'S TALE, THE LONESOME WAIL
OF A LION'S ROAR.

THE child of earth and stone had been more than thankful for the rest granted to his cracked and moulding body at the former herd land of the Hidden Falls. He had no idea what the beautiful gilded woman had spoken to him, or that it even was a land reigned by the very woman who had lead him through the trees. One thing he had learned was that the Mara was a friend - she was kind, unlike many canines and felines he had come across in his time. A Mara's body was very warm too, as the colt had also learned upon sleeping next to it. Were shapeshifters - or Maras - common in this land of god's and monsters? Geronimo was yet to learn much about the woman he wandered with, still having no real clue on what to call her.

His small hooves had begun to drag by the time they neared the edge, his pale head ducking low to the ground as he trailed at the two-toned woman's hocks; though, not for long. The scents of others began to fill his nostrils, his head soon lifting  from the forest floor as the smell of thousands drowned his senses. More like him! More!
"Heyaa heyaa!" He came to bleat, wishing to draw Ranjiris attention. Should she cast her gaze his way, the child made an exaggerated display of smelling by casting his nose skyward and inhaling with force so to communicate that he could smell something of interest. Not a moment to lose, the excited colt allowed his feet forward into the underbrush and ferns ahead of the tattooed mare, nose bounding along the ground as he had seen the bison do.

The mist called to him, begged him to come closer as if destiny itself had spilled it over the twisted roots and pine needles. The Mara was gone, racing off through the fern and fog,
and while he child desperately wanted to bound on after her, just one step ad indicated that his hooves felt heavier than he had thought. The adrenaline was wearing thin.

It was then as the child was stumbling back to the radiant woman that a stag emerged from the mist, causing the child to turn his head and gaze in awe at the strength of the man he saw. "Geronimo!" He would shout, one that echoed throughout his whole body and caused him to jump on the spot. His wings expelled from his sides with a great WHOOSH, the feathers spreading wide and bright as they defied the wind.

AND I'M A GODDAMN COWARD,
BUT THEN AGAIN, SO ARE YOU
AND THE LION'S ROAR, THE LION'S ROAR
HAS ME EVADING AND HOLLERING FOR YOU
☀︎

permission for magic and force on geronimo.
death is not ready for him yet.

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

The sound of the boy’s voice is the first to draw her attention. Lyanna had been vaguely aware there were other horses nearby, but sometimes she doesn’t seek them out, figuring on occasion horses may be looking for a little privacy, especially from their Queen, and especially when they are hiding in the mists of the forest. It’s where she often comes for her own quiet time, weaving through the trees that had become her friends over the years, enjoying the cool mist that curls around her legs.

But the voice that reaches her now is unfamiliar, and some combination of duty and simple curiosity bring her in the direction of the group. She recognizes two of them, though she’s never spent much time with either. Lyanna had been part of the rather large greeting party when they’d arrived, and she’d quickly taken her leave, figuring it better not to overwhelm the newcomers. But she smiles brightly now, glad to see them again. Both had seemed pleasant, and she’d looked forward to getting to know them better.

Her eyes drift to the boy that she assumes yelled Geronimo, because she’s never seen the boy before. Large wings spread from his side, and though he is largely pale in color, there’s a blue circle around his eye that stands out brightly. “Hello,” she says warmly, casting her eyes around to all of them. “Dragomir and Ranjiri, right?” she asks, pretty sure she remembers their names, but checking just in case. “I’m Lyanna,” she adds, even though they probably already know. It still feels polite to introduce herself again, just in case. But as she speaks, she mostly turns her attention to the new boy, her name given largely for his benefit. “Who do we have here?” she asks with a grin toward the boy.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Ranjiri @Dragomir @Geronimo

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
the GoldenShade
It didn't take Mara long to find Dragomir and lead him back to where I stood waiting with the colt -- I'd decided to call him Geronimo. As the mists parted to reveal Drago I couldn't help but to smile and step toward him, but I stopped short when the child shouted and I turned to face him. I stood, slack-jawed, when wings seemed to sprout from his body. I barely even felt Dragomir's embrace or heard his question. I was shocked, which was quite obvious. Part of me couldn't help but think that our trip would have been much shorter if I had known he'd had wings and we could have flown. The more reasonable part of me knew that even if I had known I wouldn't have insisted on flying -- not with the state he was in. It was already apparent that he was exhausted.

"I found him abandoned in the Threshold." I finally answered, my head turning toward Dragomir. "I couldn't leave him there." Mara came trotting back through the mist, and her movement captured my attention. I watched her as she bypassed me and Dragomir and headed straight for Geronimo. Shadows ungulfed her body as she lept from the ground and onto Geronimo's back, where she sat and stared at me and Drago. "The only word he seems to know is Geronimo. I'm not sure if it's his name .... or if it means something else, but ---"

"Hello."

I cut myself off and turned to look at the mare who had just walked up. I recognized her. but I couldn't place her at first. It wasn't until she introduced herself that I remembered her being one of the mares that had greeted my small family when we'd first arrived in the Edge. She had seemed nice and I held no ill will toward her. "Yes, hello Lyanna." I smiled, then looked to the child. Mara had gone from sitting to laying and was intently grooming the colt's short mane. "He was abandoned in the Threshold." I told her, just as I had told Dragomir. "I took him here so I could care for him. Frostfall is coming soon and I don't think he'd make it on his own."

"."
Mara's Form

@Geronimo
@Dragomir
@Lyanna

aud pixel!