the Rift

courage, dear heart

elaphaea Posts: 3
Unclaimed
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0hh :: 4
alimarije

go ahead, underestimate me
Her feet barely make a sound as she swiftly moves through the forest. Branches and tree bark flash by, the moon eerily shining down on her as she goes her way. She can already feel her blood flowing, pumping through her veins, her legs running carefully between twigs and leafs. Careful to not make a sound. The cold wind carves into her long slender legs, she quivers for a moment and then simply shrugs. She's been through worse, she was born in a long winter, when snow kept falling and all the water was frozen. She survived, marked by winter with her icy blue eyes. She did love the season however, the cold makes her feel numb and that's what she liked most, numbness.

A sigh leaves her lips, swirling the air around her feminine face before it disappears into thin air. With pale eyes she gazes upon the green everywhere around her, her long braided mane slightly moving on the rhythm of the wind. Maybe it's because of the leafs billowing above her, or maybe she simply lost track of time, and with that, she lost track of her thoughts. But she travelled far and now finds herself in the forest. She pauses for a moment, her long slender legs stretched under her, her neck slightly arched and her head raised. She flutters her dark lashes and turns her ears, taking in any sound she could possibly hear. It's safe, for now.

It's just a matter of time before she's moving again, her legs going quick and steady, her dark mane moving gracious and covering her like a blanket. Like a deer, quick and elegant she finds refugee in the forest, emerges with the shadows and moves along silently. She catches a sound, a breaking twig. She raises her head and points her ears, her nostrils pulsing. Her muscles tense under her deep brown coat. The deep scent of a stallion reaches her nose and she keeps quiet.
[Image: elaphaea_by_mockingale_da94fq6_by_alimarije-dashh26.png]

"Before I am your daughter, your sister, your aunt, niece, or cousin,
I am my own person, and I will not set fire to myself to keep you warm."

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
[Image: debejr.jpg]
T I L N E Y

The flaxen father was alone.
Peatree, who so despised the threshold had made a firm point of staying at it's border where the trees became thistles, and where his blind bat eyes could actually see the landscape unfolding before him. Tilney on the other hand was not bothered by the crowding of the forest, even if he would occasionally be scratched by the clawing, naked branch of a pine - the forest was his home, it had always been, and these archaic trees would forever be familiar.

The stallion had not ventured so far just to romp under the quivering trees, receiving paper cuts and rashes upon his worn and tired face. He had come to search for her. A trace left behind, a whisper on the wind, a single hair left on the forest floor. Evidence that the light at dawn would ever return.
Arah.
Her restless and wild heart had truly flown this time. Wherever she was, and he was certain she had left the continent, he would send his wishes to.

Dawn was approaching. The faintest glow of pink had began to tip the forest, blending with the light of mother moon, and as the ginger stallion daintily stepped westbound between root and twig we gave a faint gasp as another's footfalls caught in his ears.
SNAP.
He had stepped upon a twig, and in no time at all the lantern-lit stallion was caught under the gaze of a woman - and not the one he had been searching for, but another. Her eyes were of the coldest ice, her skin of blood and marbling stone. If not struck by her beauty, the lad would surely have spoken, though as he craned his crown of antlers high and turned his white-tipped nose in her direction a familiar face was soon to join him.
Peatree swooped in from the canopy, landing upon the gentleman's back with a vibrant (and ear-percing) chirp. The faithful bat had never left it would seem.
'Tilnay!' the bat spoke through their magical bond 'speak her to, shy do not be!'.

A pace or two was taken forth, the chestnut's lantern spilling firelight over the woman and trees.
"Hark," Tilney would begin, his voice soft and fluid "These are dangerous woods m'lady. I would not linger here"

off to a rocky start with the server change but f i n a l l y i can reply
welcome ali my love ☀︎ Your writing is gorgeous, I can picture her so well!
@Elaphaea

image l love, space

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Unclaimed
alimarije

She cranes her neck to look past her shoulder, a bright figure appears in the corner of her eye and she follows through with the rest of her body. She turns slowly, softly, without the rigid movements of a warrior but instead smooth and silently but always on guard. Pale eyes follow the mossy grounds to a pair of tan cloven hooves, just like hers. She raises her head to look upon the stallion and tilts it just ever so slightly.

Antlers.

Her eyes narrow for a second there, she had seen a lot, but not antlers on a horse. Her brows are slightly raised as she admires the branches crowning his ginger head. She barely ever stops to appreciate beauty but she couldn't let this pass. Her eyes travel upwards to the top of the dark wooded crown and pause when she sees the soft orange light sprawling from the lantern. It eases her for some mysterious reason, reminding her of warm memories of times long forgotten. There's a hint of a smile at the corner of her mouth just before the mask settles back in.

Something flits past her, a high pitched noise – a bat! Instantly she turns her ears backwards and raises her head with the prowess of a cat, her marble eyes turn to stone in their sockets. The stallion steps forwards and Elaphaea waits in anticipation, ready to defend herself if needed, she had done it before. Perhaps she doesn't have brute force on her side but she's quick and she knows where to hit 'em.

His voice is soft, her stark gaze softens a little, "These are dangerous woods m'lady. I would not linger here" She clenches her jaw, the muscles pulled tense and her eyes further narrowed. Was it a threat? A friendly warning? Or something to throw her off? She scoffs, she's able to defend herself, just ask her husband. "I'm not sure the world has anything new to show me when it comes to danger." She speaks, her voice calm and steady.

"Where am I?"

tilney
The nightmare's eyes were sharper than a fox, her gaze piercing as an arrow. Was it the look of a friend or foe? Niether he could only conclude. His thoughts had reached her own easily, his mind taping into hers like a piece of a puzzle.
As he made his approach and gave his cool words of warning the ginger one detected a callousness in her air; a peculiar, particular ferocity that only the most bold woman could posses. A proud peacock was she of blood and bone, this was easily discerned by her scoff to his caution and the bellows of defence that rattled from her mind to his own. She thought he was threatening her? Perhaps to another's ears in another context it could have been heard as a threat, though it had never been intended as such.
Proud, or perhaps gravely naïve.
The doctors eyes never lingered past her face or neck, refusing to allow his vision over the curvature of her shoulders or the sloping angles of any other anatomy - that all gave way to impure thoughts, the kind unwelcome to the mind of the reverend. Tilney was no common brute, his eyes never lingered wantonly over the bodies of midnight mistresses like his brethren.

It had been a long time since Tilney's own sight-givers had been ensnared by eyes such as these, so like a rabbit caught in a trap he would fight to escape the narrow walls of her bottomless stare. Diverting his own glances to the stained sky, it's colours appearing past the canopy as quick;y as a smile arrived upon his lantern-lit face.
Finally, he spoke again.
"You are in the vast continent of Helovia" he would begin, once again dashing a glance around the emerging foliage as morning's first touch began to light the mist. "This forest's name is lost to time, though it's known now as the Threshold."

It was then that the stallion took a step forth, his footsteps aiming to take him between a pair of pines as he spoke once again. "And no, my warning was no threat. I only meant to speak the truth, and to warn a woman travelling alone in a land she does not know. Just because you possess the skills or means to defend yourself does not mean you are safe" he declared, green eyes turning her way.

a quick table change xD
@Elaphaea
by alimarije!

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Unclaimed
alimarije

Not wavering beneath the gaze of the orange lit eyes, she holds perfectly still with her muscles tense and her head held high. There’s only a slight shift in stature when his eyes don’t stray farther than her neck, it makes some of her muscles unclench. Her blue eyes seem to warm up a little but not enough to seem friendly.

It surprised her, most men took several glances and almost never of her face. They looked at everything and nothing at all. She grew up believing that everything could be bought and that no one should defy them, the brutes, the champions. The ones that hold all the pieces and could so easily squash her if they wanted. She grew weary and angry and didn’t want to put up with it but if your father sends you off to marry one, sells you like a bargain, you have no foundation to stand on. Thereafter the glances became an annoyance, only a small part of a future inflicted on her.

But he doesn’t, his eyes don’t look at her the way she’s used to and it’s a relief.

His green eyes dart away, look up to the morning sky and follow the colours painted across the canopy. Her glance follows the thin streaks of morning light painted across the tree bark, beautiful hues of orange and pale pinks that caress their coats in the eerie morning mist. When did she stop appreciating her surroundings?

”You are in the vast continent of Helovia. This forest's name is lost to time, though it's known now as the Threshold.” Her eyes flit back to his body, long spider web lashes framed around her incurious eyes. She straightens her back and changes to a less defensive stance, looking around this “threshold”. “It’s only the entrance?” She deduces from the name, her eyes once again returned to his.

It’s then that he steps forwards and her brow furrows, one ear tentatively turned backwards. “And no, my warning was no threat. I only meant to speak the truth, and to warn a woman travelling alone in a land she does not know. Just because you possess the skills or means to defend yourself does not mean you are safe” Her head tilts slightly and her long curly tresses fall to frame her slightly concave profile. He was right and she wouldn’t be too proud to admit so. You achieve nothing by being stubborn, even if it brings her great pleasure. “I was too quick to judge, I tend to be careful around strangers.” She says softly, almost apologetic if it wasn’t for that coldness seeping through.

tilney
"It's only the entrance?"
Her bewildered murmur, as fresh and dainty as a blossom, caused his lips to turn upwards in a wide smile. The innocence in those words reminded him of Maude, and ever so slightly his eyelashes had fluttered at the thought that one so small as sweet as her could ever bloom to be as bold and beautiful as the woman who stood but a few yards behind him.
"Yes, I suppose it is" the doctor would confirm, turning upon his socks so he might take a perpendicular stance to the curly-haired doe. "The only way in or out I do believe". Apart from the seas it was surrounded by, the seas that had once swallowed him whole.

The nightmare's apology was frosty, the kind that could be snapped like iron, though, an apology none the less and perhaps one Tilney was not interested in hearing. He did not wait to be mollycoddled when a vicious word (or, in this case, a thought) was sent his way, instead the man could completely understand why she remained on the defense.
"Of course," He came to utter next, shaking his lofty mane "Why should you trust me? Here you are, under a red dawn with no defences. Were I a menace or a ruffian, you'd need that foul introduction" The ginger spoke this with his wide and teasing smile, quite enjoying having the upper hand in the conversation (or so it might seem). "There are all manner of scoundrels and beasts in here. You are wise to withhold your trust from me" he spoke in a slightly more serious tone, though his smile, as if from a work of art, remained.

A heavy sigh was soon to fall from his dark lips, a velvet nose turning once again towards the sky. "...a red dawn" he repeated mystically, eyes narrowing upon the colourful clouds. The flaxen's mind lingered to Kaos, the marshes, and all that had happened throughout the country since. An omen? Had blood been spilt tonight?
As his eyes withdrew from the sky, the sire felt a coolness in the breeze that could only spook him further. His mind having already wandered so far, paranoia wriggled in, the brute turned once more to look upon the mare.
"It is not safe here, and more so than usual-" the man stopped, listening to the howl of the wind as his eyes craned over the area before he continued "We must hurry".

☀︎
@Elaphaea
by alimarije!

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎