the Rift

[OPEN] Our souls turn into a boat of dreams [VOTG pass]

Nora Posts: 52
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 3
Angel

These weeks of exploration become the avid, beautiful daydream my heart had always envisioned. Noah uncovers an unquenchable fascination for the ever-changing terrain we pass. Gone is the terrible cliffs, the volcanic, biting air of various cages. His smile and steadfast patience wash the fear from my eyes – his words and lessons nurture my courage and self-confidence. Concealed emotions begin to the beat against the roof my mind; demanding acknowledgement. But distractions (of every sort) offer reprise from internal complications – for the time being, it became easy to ignore the stir of questions and brush aside the urge to find their solution. My subconscious embraces this newfound tolerance, she finds relief from anxiety and draws comfort in the security of our leader.

Noah flies just ahead (as usual,) though unlike our first week of travel…I don’t struggle to maintain (and even surpass) his pace. These sinew flight muscles have been forged in the kiln of the sunlight and wind. Since I'm no longer forced to lag behind, our distance becomes a courtesy…an excuse to avoid the paranoid assumption that an accidental brush of feathers would have gut wrenching consequences.

When those emerald forests and boundless grasslands shift into melancholy grey and brown –  my soul begins to yearn for the road behind us (rather than the mysteries ahead.) My mind revisits the warm, sun filled afternoons. I was (and am) wholly beguiled by those stunning, empty valleys and their unclaimed blossoms. Our last travel break had been so lengthy that I had begun to wonder if Noah would reveal his decision to makes those gentle tumbles of hills and thistles into our temporary residence.

But…no...

Our current destination…an outlandish, bluish glow that consumes our intrigue just as it fills the dark horizon at night.

I sooth my disappointment with fragments of hope – there was something…enriching about it. Something…that reminded me of magic. My subconscious arches her figurative brow, reminding me in her wordless way to not build my hope around the idea that those lands would restore me. Though…I couldn’t stand to drown that seedling of optimism…not when that unnatural aura is bleeding unspoken promise of achievability into the sky…

----

Amber threads of milky clouds become skewed by twilight; the brilliant sun wanes his power while the first of many stars begin to poke through the moonless night sky. Below, we’ve traded paradise for…rivers of fire…even from afar, their dazzling, bizarre hue has started a war against the rise of tension building in my chest. These nostrils tremble, sipping the horrible taste of gas. Pockets of hot air become easier to find – and harder avoid – their invisible conflict balloons against my secondary and primary feathers, upsetting that perfect harmony I’d spent weeks practicing. “Noah!” Pale lips draw back as my thundering heart nosedives – galloping into action. These arms rotate, attempting to work with (rather than against) the current.

OC: Using my VOTG pass -- (calling the necessary god)  
[Dark x Light | The ability to move objects with her mind.]
[Restrictions | Objects must weigh less than 15lbs and cannot be thrown.]

@Noah

Noah Posts: 59
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Riven
The ache of tension beneath his brow caused by the realisation of imprisonment, the revelation of impenetrable mountain walls and a heart stewing in a pungent broth of discontent, has by now all but been eliminated by the apparent endlessness of their aerial adventure across Helovia. Where his sleek, coat had grown dull beneath the bind of gravity’s chains, a pleasant sheen has returned to glisten in the day's fading sunlight; where ligaments grew slack and lazy along stilled arms built to soar, new vigour swells visibly with every turn and swing of his flight; where thoughts had soured and opinions therein had turned pessimistic and bitter, a thrilling vibe now rises to drown out the memories of old - this life, freedom with Nora, trumps the wearying monotony of the months prior.

Too long had been spent in that field of purple thistle (though its secrets had been fond); the feeling of being tethered, tied down at length, caused his heart to burn and his mind to rebel, and so consequently, he has forced their world once more into motion.

Below, a strange monochrome landscape unfolds, and it is so unlike the lush hills and swooping valleys they’ve traversed recently, that his notice is quickly enticed down from the heavenly currents and the inclination of rough, swirling thermals. The air feels warmer around him, but tastes foul as though the inner juice of a hundred more had all been unleashed at once! His nose screws involuntarily and the thin velvet rims of each nostril suck tightly together - without the clean, clear supply of oxygen to feed upon, his wings dip and a slow descent begins. It is a land-bridge he trails, to either side of which thrashes a sea of steaming, foaming water; a thicker substance (one that he cannot fathom at first), blue like the heart of a wildfire, pours down the sides in slow-moving channels - in fact, though he stares and studies, he can barely make out the progress at all.

Where the rocky link at last finishes, a queer hill bulges, the gaping mouth of which bleeds steadily still more of the gleaming cobalt. It is a volcano… his inner voice both questions and states, for he has heard many a legend regarding the furious heart of Manangatang; respectfully he shifts course, but alarm grips him when the voice of his dove thrills against the eerie quiet. “Noah!” Brawn works around the grind of skewed joints as he performs an awkward manoeuvre that brings her into view; it flings her hither and thither like a leaf, the wicked breath of this place, and apprehension buries the arched line of his brow.

A plan assembles in no time at all, and he throws a pattern of words into the open - that he prays might pull her free... ”Land Nora, come down! Fly down!”

Even as he moves to guide her (should his instruction be lost in translation, or even by the mischievous whisper of elements), he searches for a location that might see them land safely and securely. A thin stretch of onyx rock drives towards the very centre and an indiscernible litter of leaf and rubble perch upon the ledge visible at its end. Noah feels (uncomfortably), that it is their best option and draws the vast span of each feathered wing in nearer to his barrel; the plunge is more rapid than he’d hoped and it takes every inch of his strength to pull up the thunder of his ravenous hooves, as he tears heavily down the straight of that scrawny path. A small spray of gravel scatter beyond the land's edge and as he halts (upon that lofty rim), he witnesses their dive into a wild, tossing ocean below.

A heavy, hot sigh spews noisily across his tongue and he bumbles clumsily, preoccupied, across the queer mess (of old shrines, unbeknownst to him), to accomodate a similar route for his dove.
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding

@Nora @Mythical Request

Using a VOTG pass from my prize list, please:
[Magic: Water x Dark | Able to control existing water]
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death
(no need to ask)

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin
god of the earth
Angel, your magic is actually earthxlight, and Riven yours is waterxwind.

"Careful!" The resonant voice of the God rumbled outwards towards the two pegasi like an earthquake during a rainstorm. His word is muted but powerful, as unseen verdant eyes watch the unsteady lwoering and landing of the two newcomers to the shrine. The God of the Earth appears in a swirl of dust and water, a cloud of debris which swirls until his massive shape has fully formed itself onto the land before them.

A warm smile greets the two who stand before him. He knows nothing about these two, save for that they hail from the basin. Though their lack of horns is unexpected, it fills the God's heart with warmth. He is pleased that the former racism has apparently been completely diluted.

"What brings you two to this place?"

Aurora Basin Mare
Angel

Though I’ve pleaded, begged for his guidance...Noah's foreign advice becomes gnarled like kudzu vine. The vast (useful) majority is caught in a stampede of distress and horror. What DOES breach my ignorance...a name...my name on the wind. His words rebound in my skull, searching for translation -- watchful, but unnerved -- my stricken, flight/fight gut is becoming a danger to logic itself. Just then...I see him gesture...downward? Yes, that inner voice snarls, down! Those racing, unreasonable fears accelerate; hissing like the devil. But DOWN seems the opposite of my struggle. Another blast of hot air sends me into a breathless, sideways lurch...it highlights the transparency of my vulnerability. I'm in no position to deny his wisdom in favor of MY self-reliance.

Confusion is mercilessness, it poisons my convection...but Noah becomes the light that guides me. He dives from my side...dropping like a fallen star, headed straight for those blue capillaries. Mini me grinds her teeth. With bumbling, trembling effort – these feathers inch close, attempting to (pitifully) mimic his arrow-like framework. Unorganized drafts continue to rake, distort; the current is growling, threatening.

Painted legs branch from their coiled safety within my undercarriage. The flux becomes fierce and no matter my corrections...all answers are wrong...stop it, the tiny voice begs, stop throwing me from side to side! Groaning pectoral muscles are screaming their defiance! With all the grace of tossed dirt wad, I narrowly line up to the obsidian peninsula. Ears are meshed within tangles and knots. 'Careful!' A shrill bleat of panic rises from my entanglement! Irises flick upward, catching a glimpse of someone (who isn't Noah) on the landing strip!

My singular goals have already become dedicated; back-paddling, slowing with a hardwired yearn to disembark. I push these aching shoulders downward, trying to roll my arms forward and pull up...return into the sky! But that change of heart comes too late. The foul ground looms, unavoidable. Spurred out of desperation (and the fear of tumbling into a somersault) -- I alight upon the walkway, cantering and tearing onward. Wait! Molars grind, these hind-feet tuck; wings arch upwards as the majority of my bulk is swung in reverse. The road stings into my rump, leaving scratches.  Forelegs become lead anchors, rooting me into a near sit. Naïve panic is given a sharp and narrow life, "quand êtes-vous arrivé là-bas?!" Eyes and jaws unhinged and bulge; trapped in the wake of their stupor. He…my subconscious stutters, he’s MASSIVE, she is utterly lost with captivation. My trembling body felt like a wisp; a pebble in comparison to the grandeur of his boulder-like girth...

Hindquarters backtrack, shuffling until the pressure of his (sudden) proximity is alleviated. But they couldn't retreat far... all around (much nearer than preferred) the supernatural magma sputters and hiccups, those sweltering veins become dull alarms in the back of my mind. Though, not even their distracted glamor could deter me from the one who consumes our breathable space – who demands my attention by simply being in existence. “N-noah,” these jaws mime silently, with all the muted pleading they can muster. Creaking would be noises are unwilling to rise above a meek, trembling whimper, “w-who?” I yearn to look away, find the eagle and guardsman; but my trembling distrust refuses to gamble, it wouldn’t dare change course or alter the steadfast, gawking position.

OC:
[Earth x Light | The ability to move objects with her mind.]

[Hover over text for a translation!]

@Noah

Riven
With all of the grace of a plunging meteor (all of the speed and none of the sparkle - save for pooling sweat), she crashes down heavily to earth. Aquamarine pools widen fearfully, worriedly, helpless as they cling to the chiselled, half-gilt skull which cringes apprehensively left; it is all he can do to avoid the achingly awkward scene unfolding. The smooth onyx rubble already uprooted by his own driving gait, scatters feebly to either side of her skidding, sliding backside, rattling loudly through the brooding, silent atmosphere to no doubt wake the gods, the dead, or any stuck in-between… Indeed something stirs, the rising wind grows moody  around them - it warns, Careful! - and the painted stallion focuses upon it suddenly, with one  ear slunk warily in reverse (the other wavers unsteadily between pointed curiosity, and bewilderment).

A phenomenon, a miracle, He emerges upon that peninsula between the ignorant pair (Noah, still straddling the crude clutter of vine and marble), as though from the churning breath of life itself; a furious cyclone stemming from the collision of boiling lava and brackish sea. Dumbstruck to say the least and having never personally witnessed anything more magical than a mob of unicorns with a bad attitude (still a sour note in his mind), his lower jaw drops abruptly, as though beneath the weight of lead. Across the way, a flick of his gaze picked out the dainty outline of the dove between materialising legs - giant ones, and framework so vast that he found his face climbing sharply just for the chance to try and capture it all in one blink.

”Impossible…”

The rumours, those about ‘gods’ and magic which had been fed to them in the week just past, had entertained within him little more than amused skepticism; but now, standing before this inexplicable thing, a feeling further along the lines of amazement begins to form. As the wind’s grand performance, the agitation of debris and water, finally recedes, what appears to be a mountain-sized horse (from his perspective), stands, with wings plenty big enough to fill the whole sky, curly horns and hair aplenty to keep the northern population toasty through winter! “Heh!?” he blurts loudly, suddenly -   very obvious fear and wonderment combining into one involuntary motion. Humble (in comparison), golden wings remain defensively fastened, tightly, about his trembling waist; should he not have been so paralysed, Noah might have driven them apart and leapt to the aid of the dove beyond.

Though the impression He gave seemed nothing short of ominous, however, there was a softness in the smile he shed, warmth that served to sooth away the friction of fraying emotion within.

While hooves balanced precariously across pieces of shrine (Moon, still unbeknownst to him), he shuffles for better traction and fragments strew, toppling soundlessly into the churning roar of the ocean below. Eyes still press snugly into the ‘mother-of-all-horses’, and when He speaks, the sound rumbles right through the mortal like the resonating song of young, rolling thunderheads. “Nora and I…” he tries to answer, plucking pointlessly at the thousand-string strong harp of thoughts in his mind, but the noise is too loud and he cannot gain clarity. “What are you?!” ...chattering, rogue teeth expel instead and the stunned stallion gulps down on the hard knot in his throat.

@Mythical Request
[Magic: Water x Wind | Able to control existing water]
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding
(no need to ask)

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin
god of the earth
Angel, your magic is actually earthxlight, and Riven yours is waterxwind.

Sometimes those who arrive in this place are unaware of just precisely where it is that they have come. Although it isn't that often. After all, why would one tred onto an island created by the blue-lava of an active volcano to visit a handful of crumbled shrines were the true purpose of the Veins not already known? It was one thing to not believe that a God would come when called from this place, but it was another to all together be ignorant of the possibility.

"Je suis toujours ici." The God of the Earth replied with a calm and paternal smile upon his dirt-coloured lips as he gazed down towards the petite pegasus mare. The Earth's verdant gaze easily moved to the solider as he landed next to his counterpart, introducing her by name but not offering his own. Presumably he thought the God would be able to glean his name by the mare's frightened mumbling of it. Which of course he had.

"I am the God of the Earth." He replied, looking at the two as a calming breeze wafted off of the sea drifting over the trio. It brought with it the unseasonal scent of lilacs and honeysuckle, as well as offering a calming effect. "What can I do for you, Nora? Noah?"

Aurora Basin Mare
Angel
Liver splashed hindquarters shudder anxiously; the rearmost self is burnt from that jagged collision moments prior. Though miraculously, none of said skin has been broken. The burly mountain speaks – tailoring his response to fit the puzzle – stunned irises are pushed to their limit, but the depth is crackling, absorbing. Something bordering on near composure is stirring from faintness. My focus harrows on those chocolate, bearded lips…their search for danger is rebuked. There is no hint to clarify my fabrication of threat; his expression is upturned…gracious and possibly candid. Papery nostrils drink, expecting another mouthful of arid oxygen…instead, a sugary perfume wafts in from beyond them. Uptight nerves are plucked, one by one, they become subdued. With a pitiful (unheard) cry of dejection, they crawl back into the frantic darkness.

There is one unit to pierce the barrier; one confounded title which pulls free of his gibberish banter. A term, his namesake, it circles my frontal lobe on beaming wings; vanquishing a small measure of despair. God? Astonishment mobilizes, remodeling my stunned expression into one of comprehension. Ears veer from their disordered mess, led by the hook of solace, “un dieu?” Another somber voice emanates from shadowy caverns, her eyes are brimming at the possibilities; needles of enthusiasm prod into the unexpected basis of conclusion, ‘he…could bring it back.’

Internal fingers shovel into the hard soil of neglected emotions, reflections; they resurface that first moment (forever ago) which first lead me into the world of gods and their magic.  

Russet fur, splattered with strokes of onyx across her mane-like shoulders. Those wise, kindly eyes are pale; immortality has blanched them into snow. A teeny, noiseless bird hovers on fleet wings near her oversized, crimson ears. His agile body has been formed by emeralds and rubies…his lively eyes are glossy, like raven feathers. She, the skeletal wolf, neither beautiful or ugly – stood before our selfish mortal eyes. A toothy smile curls her lips, “I require assistance.” Her elderly voice relays quietly to the hushed crowd...

Those memories dissolve. The mystified woman-child is snatched from a regretful past and plopped back into our current existence, ”Dieu,” his name could almost be a question; those bleak arrows of skepticism still mingle with raw uncertainty, “est-ce que tu es venu restaurer magie?” While awaiting a reply, these optics pitch sideways, pursuing the unsettled eagle.

OC:

[Earth x Light | The ability to move objects with her mind.]

[Hover over text for a translation!]

@Noah

Riven
Trembling focus diverts long enough to worry across her soft skin should she allow it, scanning for injury – the less than graceful landing haunts his erratic thoughts – though his search fails to find the torn skin predicted. His gaze doubles back to the hulking, fleshy god before them.  The weight of humbleness – though he isn’t a pretentious soul to begin with – sets like concrete in the eagle’s great, hammering heart and astonished eyes drink in slowly the heavy, stirring taste of divinity.

He speaks and the note of his resonating, otherworldly voice, like all-encompassing thunder, rolls vividly and vigorously along the winding corridors of his mind, but even as the impressionable young stallion stands there, torn between the trills of alarm and ringing amazement, broad invisible wings of reassurance, blanket across all feeling to numb away emotion.

Warmed immediately, both in body and in mind, the stutter and stumble of his thought pattern wane, and left in wake of the shock is a mellow assembly of understanding. The eagle beholds the King again, with fresh clarity and greater respect; that which truly should have been from the very beginning. The island from whence he hailed originally had been crafted with skill and love by the great Goddess of the moon, wind and sea, Pella, so the concept – the extravagance and mystery – was not an entirely new one; having said that, his beloved Pella had never blessed the earth with her heavenly presence.

Eyes fall upon the liver face of the dove as she launches (unexpectedly) into conversation - even a little intimidated as they behold the newly assertive her - and then exaggerated silence leaks slowly between them as romantic, exotic and incomprehensible syllables fall to the murmur of the churning sea below… That stark blue eye then turns to him and he answers the God of the Earth hesitantly, "I was curious too."
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding

@Mythical Request @Nora
(no need to ask)