the Rift

[PRIVATE] bonfire hearts

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
HE SAYS "OH BABY GIRL, DON'T GET CUT ON MY EDGES
I'M THE KING OF EVERYTHING AND MY TONGUE IS A WEAPON"

There are many mountains in Helovia, but in the absence of wings this is the only one Volterra can reach the top of without tumbling to a grisly doom. The Earth God's quest rests heavy upon his shoulders, and he cannot help but think he's got off rather easily this time. Especially when compared to the emotional rollercoaster of his previous quest, collecting a couple of items shouldn't be any bother at all, which leads to him second guessing whether he heard the great deity correctly. Could there be hidden meanings that he's missed, subtleties that have flown over his head that will lead the God to laugh him all the way out of the Veins when he returns with the three requested varieties of rock?

The warmonger tries not to think about that, instead focusing on the climb to the top of the Heavenly Fields. This is the highest place he can feasibly reach, so if a stone from here isn't adequate then he's not sure what to do. Unlike most of his quests, Vadir is showing quite the interest in this one - her magpie-like tendencies mean that she loves any excuse to use her keen eyes to hunt for rocks and trinkets, and her perch on Volterra's back is a tall, proud one as she scans the ground around them. Not to be outdone, Vérzés zooms overhead with his eyes rammed downwards in search of the perfect stone to fill the requirements of his bonded's quest. It isn't long before the onyx stallion has red and gold paws thrusting stones into his face, each dragon jostling to outdo his or her sibling by gathering larger and shinier ones that soon begin to resemble boulders.

Eventually the beast pins his ears and barks enough! at the dragons, who scatter with indignant shrieks and drop their smaller stones onto his back with a series of bruising thuds. If Volterra is going to be pedantic, then the Earth God requested that he bring the stones, not his dragons, and he's not going to do anything that jeapordises his opportunity to increase his magical powers. Shaking his head, the Indomitable continues his path, unable to smother the nostalgic smile as he thinks of the last time he was here. Is it too much to hope that he might bump into Isopia again here for a repeat performance? Is it too simplistic to believe that one euphoric night has brought them back to the halcyon days of their youth?

The grin widens, filled with hope and warm memories, and he resumes his search with gusto. It's a chilly evening, a clear sign that it's going to be a cold night, and he's keen to try and find an adequate stone before night falls and brings a halt to his search.

image credits

@Isopia

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

I S O P I A

This time around Isopia's pregnancy was markedly different from her previous experience. Now as her sides became swollen and round, she didn't have the desire to quell the life within her, but in fact felt the mounting need to nurture it. It was rather bizarre. This motherly stirring inside of herself was unlike any other inklings her body had. It could not be ignored the way that hunger, cold, or pain could. The life in her belly screamed to be taken care of, and this time around Isopia would listen.

This time would be different.

Then again, if Isopia were to learn about the drunken night that Volterra and Roskuld had with each other, not even a week after Isopia had told Ros all that Volterra had done, had attacked him, and had accompanied her cousin back to Ros's mother to have her memories removed, the outcome might very well be the same. It was only just within Isopia's ability to forgive Volterra for sleeping with a cousin of hers the first time around. The fact that he hadn't actually fucked Ros would surely be no consolation given just how similar the act and circumstances were.

Would this baby fall victim to the misguided whims of Volterra's penis?

Here's hoping not...

"What are you doing up here?" Isopia's voice is mild, but clinical as always despite the small smile on her face. She's uncomfortable with the weight of their child in her belly and the cold isn't helping. Still, her cloak is wrapped tightly around her shoulders and she prefers the altitude here, even if it means being a little cold.

Image Credits
Coded by Space!

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A

In the midst of their disgruntled bickerings ("my stone bigger" "my stone shinier"), the dragons suddenly fall eerily silent. Volterra, with his eyes trained on the ground and his mind dancing through happy memories, flicks a curious ear towards the quiet that has descended overhead. What is it? he asks them, sure that they'd have been more forceful in their alert had it been anything important or dangerous coming towards them.

There's an odd sensation of emptiness radiating from both of them, disbelief, almost. Then, from Vérzés comes unbridled, uncontainable joy, a sense of happiness so strong it almost knocks Volterra off his feet. Vadir's reaction is more reserved, feigning cold indifference but with an undercurrent of amusement and thinly-veiled interest. What is it? repeats the onyx warlord, reluctant to lift his head when he thinks he's just found a promising-looking stone. The dragons have probably just seen a tasty-looking deer, as nothing but food could possibly fill Vérzés with that amount of delight.

"Look," they say in unison, their voices surprisingly gentle, supportive, affectionate. That in itself is odd, especially from Vadir, who is about as affectionate as a black widow spider. The beast lifts his head, turns slowly, and.....

"Kis hollo!" His greeting is a hearty, joyous one, a smile spreading slowly and uncontrollably across his face. He cannot think of potential awkwardness given their last encounter, not when she's suddenly in front of him and he's almost bowled over as ever by her presence. "Ah, your father has set me a task, you see. I need to find a stone from the top of a mountain, and I'm just trying to choose the perfect one." He's confused even as he speaks, though, as Isopia's appearance isn't normally enough to elicit such reactions inside his companions, and a frown soon replaces the smile. Vadir unleashes a loud bellow of disgust, shoots her red brother a look that clearly says could we have chosen anybody stupider to bond with? then stabs a mental spike hard into Volterra's mind. "Her sides, half-wit. Look."

The stallion's eyes dart from Isopia's face, where they'd automatically landed, towards her sides as instructed. Her swollen sides. Sides that her cloak isn't quite enough to hide, sides full of life, full of their life. The smile returns, and this time it's bright enough to illuminate all of Helovia itself; unreserved in his delight, Volterra bounds forwards, his stone-hunt forgotten. What does more magic, more power, matter when the Mountain is glowing with pregnancy, her belly full of their child? "You're...." He can't get the words out, so overwhelming is his happiness. A foal with Isopia! One to live, to grow and to rule, a king inside her stomach....Before he knows it he's by her side, seeking to wrap his neck around her and pull her close to him. He doesn't consider his movements - they're instinctual, uncontrollable. The euphoria spreading through him knows no bounds, only that he needs to be as close to Isopia as physically possible so he can reassure himself that she and the weight in her womb are real.

Then, the smile falters. Does she normally have the cloak pulled so close around her? And it is rather chilly....in her condition, he cannot take risks. "Are you cold? Here..." A quick mental twist and he's summoned a medium-sized, humanoid golem, glowing with lava. He instructs it to move closer to the giantess at his side, until it stands gormlessly next to her with heat radiating out of its insides. "Can I get you anything? Are you hungry? Thirsty? Tired?" He's babbling, aware that the Mountain does not need his mollycoddling but determined to care for her and her precious cargo to the best of his ability. She's never seen him like this, the caring father, the affectionate and protective lover; it's a side that rarely manifests itself except around his offspring, born or otherwise. Their dams, too, must be prioritised and treated like princesses, especially this one remarkable, beautiful woman.

He hesitates. "You are....glad, aren't you?" In his haste to embrace and tend to her, he hadn't stopped to consider the possibility that she may not see this as good news.

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

I S O P I A

"My-" Isopia begins, but Volterra is already filling in the gaps. She wonders if she ought to read into the fact that Volterra has newly bedded her and then sought out her father, but decides better of it. The Earth God has always held a special place in the Indomitable's heart. He needn't use Isopia to get to him. "I'm sure he won't care. He doesn't normally-" But then Volterra's eyes are noticing her body, her growing flanks, and the words catch in her lips. 

Hubris, like Verzes, is positively over joyed at this latest development. He has forgiven Volterra for his sexual transgressions, for he genuinely believes the stallion when he says that they are urges that he cannot control not does he believe that he should. Although Hubris does not necessarily agree with this, he cannot doubt where the man's heart is, and for that, he is well and truly thankful.

Babel on the other hand has far fewer fucks to give about his bonded's swelling sides. Knowing none of what has transpired between Isopia and Volterra (other than that which he has gleamed through Isopia and Hubris' minds), he cares very little that she is pregnant. That Volterra seems rather competition - he is a warlord, a leader, and bonded to a golden queen - he is willing to give the ruby-eyed man the benefit of the doubt. If Isopia to have offspring, better they have the best lineage possible. Volterra seems to fill that role nicely. But as Verzes swoops forward, the gold narrows his black eyes, offering a mischievous hufff towards the red, and glides off to perch upon a rock. Should the queen look his way however, he will puff his scales and bow his head. He knows his place. Above the other two, but below her.

Suddenly he's next to her, and then he's wrapping himself around her and asking all sorts of questions. Her muscles instinctively tense. Despite how used to Volterra's proximity she is, she isn't used to be fussed over in quite this way, and coming from Volterra it strikes her as so odd that she can't help but simply stand there.

It is only his final question, the right question that shakes her from her stupor and brings a trace of a smile to her lips. "Yes." She whispers, allowing her head to finally relax and lean against the strong and taunt muscles of his neck.  "I feel...fuller than before." Isopia begins, saying the latter part of the sentence softly, as if not wanting the child in her womb to hear about the one who came before it. "Perhaps it's twins. You were a twin, weren't you? It stands to reason that perhaps those genetics will continue."

Image Credits
Coded by Space!

V O L T E R R A

The red dragon waves a paw at Hubris, even as Babel's less-than-friendly reaction sends him reeling away with his mind pulsing with displeasure. Vérzés normally challenges dragons of a superior scale colour to prove that one's hue and size doesn't necessarily equate to strength, but on this occasion he chooses his battles wisely. It's best not to risk causing conflict between Volterra and Isopia again when they've barely repaired the damage from their previous disagreement, so the red allows himself to be dominated by the young male gold and flutters meekly away to a tree branch a good distance away from Babel's, refusing to quite meet the other dragon's eyes in a gesture of respect.

Vadir, in contrast, flashes Babel a toothy smile, ensuring she keeps her body language as indifferent as possible so as to appear aloof and uncaring even as she burns with glee inside. Having recently encountered Dramyrth's irritating unwillingness to submit, she appreciates Babel's behaviour all the more, and approval floats from her nostrils in a smoke cloud as she glides idly around in circles up ahead. Best not to seem too keen...she is a queen, after all.

Volterra is oblivious to the draconic politics occurring inside his head. He's more concerned with keeping as close to Isopia as he possibly can, running his eyes over her swollen sides so he can commit the sight to memory forever. Her confirmation of gladness makes him sag with relief - he had truly feared that this isn't something she wants, due to how her previous pregnancy ended. The grief for his unborn son is still strong inside the mammoth's heart, so he can hardly imagine how Isopia must be feeling. Perhaps, though, this child will help to heal some of the scars left from the last time, not that Volterra thinks this new foal will replace their first son in any way. It can only be good for the Mountain to have a living, healthy foal to remind her that motherhood does not always equal pain, heartache and a pile of rocks in a clearing.

Twins, though...His interest is piqued further, and he steps away to scrutinise her sides even more closely. "I was, yes. I've only sired one set of twins myself, though, so maybe the gene is not as active within me." He frowns slightly, not wishing to give up the idea of twins when it's so freshly entered his mind. Now he thinks of it, given his own status of being a twin and the large number of them in his immediate family, it does seem rather odd that he's not fathered more sets of them. He isn't one to complain, though - if every mother of one of his children had borne twins to add to Kid and Sabre, he'd have a grand total of sixteen offspring already, which might well have sent Isopia fleeing for the hills when he told her.

The beast's eyes dart between the Mountain next to him and the lava-golem standing inoffensively nearby, sending waves of welcome heat across them. "Would you consider joining me in the Dragon's Throat, kis hollo? I am a selfish man....I want you and our child - or children - as close to me as possible." So I can be the father and lover that I wasn't last time. So I can ensure we don't repeat the same mistakes again. So that this child will grow up knowing it's more loved than it can possibly imagine.

image credits

I S O P I A

Don't you dare Isopia silently scolds her muscles which want to tense at the mention of Volterra's other twins. But her mind wins out and her body remains neutral and calm even as thoughts of Volterra's growing brood shuffles through her mind. "Because of my lineage, perhaps I am merely more fertile, then." She offers softly, somewhat smug in the knowledge that perhaps her womb - and one others - were strong enough to create two lives. Not that she knew for sure she was carrying twins, however.

Even though she was able to stifle one reaction, it was too much too soon to not react to his second statement. His question.

Live in the Throat?

Iso's golden eyes widen, her long lashes flutter as she takes an uncertain breath. Surely he can't expect her to just have an answer for him? But his eyes look so expectant...

Thoughts whirl in her mind. How many of his other mares live in the Throat? What would Aithniel think? Was she even back? What of her responsibilities in the Edge? She'd only just come back ...

But then Isopia remembered how it had been for her, growing up with her mother and father in different herds ... how her loyalties, nearly non-existent, had still been torn.

"That seems like a reasonable thing to ask." She says finally, taking a deep breath and dragging her eyes away from their stone sentinel to focus upon Volterra. Isopia doesn't have an answer yet though, there's still too much to think about. Something feels .. uncertain about all of this, and part of her wonders if Volterra just wants to parade her around or keep an eye on her. She wants to feel loved and cared for and wanted but..."And you wouldn't leave the Throat to be with us instead?" She asks finally, not necessarily because she would want him to join her in the Edge, only because it seems fair. If he would ask her to leave her herd and rank, why shouldn't the same be posed to him?

Image Credits
Coded by Space!

V O L T E R R A

Her suggestion of fertility is an interesting one, and he's reminded again that not only will this child be the son or daughter of two fine warriors, it will be the grandchild of a God. The great Earth God, no less. It's impossible not to notice the gigantic deity's genetic influence upon Isopia, with her size and her control over the earth, and he wonders whether those traits will pass down to their offspring as well. It gives him a large swell of pride to realise that he'll be the father to children from two different demi-gods, although he actually employs some semblance of tact for once and decides it best not to blurt this out.

He doesn't realise how heavily his heart is hammering against his chest in anticipation of her response to his question. It's suddenly become so, so important for him to have her close to him in light of this news, because he can't help but associate distance with the start of all their troubles last time. After all, didn't her no-holds-barred pulverising of him, and the ensuing decimation of their relationship, coincide with him joining the Throat and therefore him having less time to see her? Inside Volterra's often illogical mind, there's an intrinsic link between physical distance - Edge or Falls to Throat - with emotional distance from her. When he was an outcast who could go wherever the urge took him, they had no such troubles. Could their last child have been saved if they'd been herdmates and Volterra had been able to explain himself before the Mountain did what she did? If they'd been residing close enough to each other, could they have reconciled their differences earlier rather than letting them fester and driving her to erase all memory of him?

Because of these past events, Volterra wants her as close as possible so he can be the man that she deserves, the man who will dote on her, protect her, love her. Not only that, but he's made a promise to himself to be involved in all of his offspring's lives and he's not the sort of man to break an oath - trekking halfway across Helovia to visit the child will inevitably provide a barrier to their relationship, not to mention the added inconvenience of having to ask the Edge leaders' permission to see his own flesh and blood. He wants to see Isopia more too, of course, and there's something that feels so right about having her in his herd with him. She is the most important woman in his life and yet she lives half a continent away! Ignorant as he can sometimes be, it doesn't occur to him that it may make her uncomfortable to live alongside his other lovers and foals - selfishly, he sees such a large harem-esque family as only a good thing. In his naiive mind he pictures Isopia happily conversing with his other women whilst their foals frolic together in the Throat's sand, as close as any siblings can hope to be.

Her answer, then, is not the one he'd hoped for. Leave the Throat? Had that question been asked a year ago, when he was a stranger in a strange land surrounded by herdmates who disliked and shunned him, he'd have answered yes without a second thought. Now? Now he has responsibilities. Now he has friends, family, loyalties in the desert south. The crown that rests upon his head is not just there to bolster his ego and increase his attractiveness to the opposite gender. It's a solemn vow that he made with the Sun God and the herd itself - to protect it, to grow it, to give every last drop of his blood for those pale sands and its residents. He can't turn his back on that. "Ach, kis hollo, I cannot. The Sun God chose me to rule the Throat, and it's finally returning to some semblance of stability after so many leadership changes since Gaucho's reign. I cannot abandon it, especially not with the threat of Kaos hanging over us like the reaper's blade." He knows that she can say the same thing right back to him, albeit her rank isn't a leadership one, but he can only fix her with his most beseeching gaze and hope that she'll agree to move.

As much as it pains him, he knows he needs to give her an out - he'd hate for her to feel forced into something she doesn't want. "I understand if you would prefer to stay in the Edge, as no doubt your ties there are as strong as mine to the Throat. I would not want you to do something you didn't want to do...but I would dearly love to have you and our child at my side."

image credits

I S O P I A

His answer is reasonable and rationale, and Isopia silently marvels at just how well leadership suits him. Once upon a time he was a mere boy, tripping over his words talking about one day being a king. And now here he is, the Indomitable, putting duty before love.

She can, and does, respect that. 

"I am not sure how much our child - or children - will be like me; whether they will inherit my mind or not. But even I had difficulty with my mother and father living in two different places. It made certain aspects of my youth...strained. But I see no need to do that." She pauses, thinking of all the work she recently did in the Edge. Her time with the Goddess, the quest she'd helped them with, the hottub she'd made. She very much doubted the Throat would require a hottub given how warm it always that. That, and she no longer had the ability to create one on her own anyways.

"I will come with you." Isopia says, at first her voice sterile and academic. It is a logical decision, and although the thought of spending more time with and around Volterra is a pleasant thought, for a moment that emotion does not creep into her voice. But then, "It will be ... nice, I think. To be in the Throat." Her eyes raise, looking to his ruby sockets, full of confirmation that he feels the same. "With you." 

A smile tugs at her lips, as Isopia inhales deeply, feeling the pull of this new decision she has made. But what now? Does she immediately go back with him? Should she tell Aly first? And the Moon Goddess? 

"I was the Word's Edge Seer...I am not sure what use I can be to the Throat. I'm sure you will know where I fit into your ranks better than I." Her large shoulders rise and fall. She has enjoyed her Seer/Storyteller ranks in the Edge and the Falls, but supposes that she's fairly well versed in all ranks. She's been a warrior, a crafter, and has the ability to become a healer too should the need arise. 

Image Credits
Coded by Space!

V O L T E R R A

His agreement comes as a swift snort. He, too, fell foul of having parents not living anywhere near each other; his father's duties with his herd outside Helovia evidently outweighed his desire to help raise his youngest twins, meaning that Volterra had only his mother and sister's influence for most of his life. Whilst he wouldn't complain about his upbringing (he wouldn't dare, else Confutatis corrode his flesh with a single well-placed bite) he would also have preferred to have Tyradon's input, to know that both his parents cared and that his sire saw him as more than just another number, an equine soldier to add to his holy war.

Once upon a time, Volterra thought very similar about his children. Strong sons to further his empire, pretty daughters to use to bargain with the testosterone-filled princes of other lands. That's what his father no doubt thought of him, yet the beast has found himself realising it's nowhere near as simple as that. His offspring are far more valuable, far more loved, than he'd ever thought possible - they mean the world to him. They're so much more than just the means to an end he'd once imagined them to be, and so he doesn't for a second want them to think that about themselves. He's already made mistakes with his earlier accidental progeny, but has done his best to repair those particular wounds.

After all, isn't it each generation's job to ensure a better life for their children, a life they didn't have themselves? If Volterra has his way, each and every one of his foals will grow up knowing how important they are to him, a task he's already admirably set about achieving with his legions of existing offspring. The one curled like a comma inside Isopia's belly will be no different - he or she (or both) will know from the start how much they mean to their sire. That can only be properly achieved if they all live together as one, which is why he hangs on the Mountain's every word.

I will come with you. His heart soars, and his face splits into a Cheshire grin. Vérzés chirps happily towards Hubris, whilst Vadir sends a silent spasm of pleasure into her bonded's mind - Babel close to hand? Excellent. "Kiváló! You will love the Throat, I'm sure of it." He offers her an affectionate nuzzle to the shoulder - she certainly won't have to worry about the cold when they're in the Throat, and his lava-golem crumbles sadly into dust at their feet as though it realises its task is null and void. "Our Wise ranks are led by Maren the Crownless, and I am sure she will be more than happy to have you as an Apostle. Have you ever seen our church, kis hollo? It is magnificent." That's glowing praise coming from a man rarely impressed by things as none-war-related as buildings. "Unless you would prefer to pursue the path of a warrior - I can certainly vouch for your fighting ability." The smile is slightly thinner now, unsure if he's overstepped a mark by mentioning that particular incident. He does his best to forget about it, because being beaten to a pulp was embarrassing even though he made absolutely no effort to fight back, but his ribs often ache during cold weather as testament to their bad breakage all that time ago.

image credits

kiváló! = excellent!

I S O P I A

Hubris responds as Verzes does, and although Babel does not puff up with pride, he does shoot the golden queen a cheeky grin. There is much he can learn from her, and he is sure that she will allow him to serve her. The gold does not mind serving the queen. She is his superior after all, but the relationship will be mutually beneficial. Perhaps things will change once his innate abilities bloom...but until then, he will mind his elders.

Isopia doesn't love the Throat, and probably never will. Although there is plenty of organic life there, it doesn't fill her with the same surge of purpose and pride the way other more densely tree'd areas do. Still, she doesn't need to love the land. She just needs to be loved within it. "I have been to the Throat a number of times.." She begins, pausing as Volterra mentions Maren.

Ahh, she had forgotten about their Diviner. Lovely Maren, the clever. That's what Isopia thinks of her as, anyways. Not the crownless, for the mare does have a crown, in the darkness anyways. "And I have met Maren before. We discussed the church at length in fact, on my last visit to see her and Ampere. " She adds with another nod and a small smile.

As he mentions her ability on the battlefield, Isopia's smile too falters slightly. "I think ... Given my current state-" Her wings flutter slightly, indicating her swollen sides, "-that it will be better if I avoid combat for a while. And I assume our child will need my attention in its first few months of life. Perhaps one he or she is older we can discuss a transition. For now though, Apostle suits me well."

Image Credits
Coded by Space!

V O L T E R R A

As soon as he's said the words, he realises the stupidity of them - suggesting she be a warrior whilst pregnant, given how their last child died? Thankfully, the giantess does not seem to take offense to Volterra's inadvertent tact-bypass, confirming that she accepts the position of Apostle. "I understand," he rumbles, glancing keenly down at her swollen sides once again. He can't quite get his head around the sight - Isopia, who he's known since they were both children, pregnant. To think there will soon be a colt or filly running round of the same age that its parents were when they met!

As eager as he is to cross Helovia with the Mountain so he can show her properly around the Throat, the beast has to remember the reason why he came here in the first place. His quest for power, whilst it takes second stage to the news of Isopia's pregnancy, still requires completion. He can't help the sudden daydream that strikes him; returning to the Earth God with his quest complete, Isopia and their foal at his side. He almost swells with joy at the thought! "Before we leave, I need an adequate stone for your father. He also needs sand from beneath the Endless Blue, and a volcanic piece of rock....would you like to come with me when I collect the items? Your company will make the task much more enjoyable." It will be good to spend some time with the Mountain, and hunting for various pieces of rock is much less fun alone. His dragons curtly point out that he's never alone, but he thinks they grasp his main meaning.

Reluctant as he is to peel himself away from Isopia, he has to do so in order to reach down and pick up the stone he'd found just before she arrived. It's small enough to grip between his teeth, surprisingly heavy given its size, and vaguely ovular in shape. Vadir swoops down and takes it from him, nursing it between her large paws - they will leave it in the Throat for safekeeping, given Volterra's lack of storage equipment upon his person.

image credits

I S O P I A

Ahh yes, her Father's quest for Volterra ... she had almost forgotten. She isn't surprised at all when the Indomitable mentions the types of things outstanding for him to do. A stone, sand, and a volcanic rock? Surely her Father doesn't actually need these items. What could the point of this scavenger hunt be? Still, Isopia will happily take the exercise. Already her body feels bloated and swollen, and she hates the way her joints feel marred by the weight of life inside of herself.

"Of course." Isopia says, a genuine smile widening her features. Although the passion she has always felt for Volterra is hot inside of her, for now, it is dormant. Instead, she only feels content and loved, and for that she loves him. The world feels right and easy, despite the fact that she will have to tell the Goddess that so soon after her arrival she is leaving. But that is a conversation she is willing to have.

The Throat will be a fine place to live. Besides, Zero lives there, and the thought of being so close to her only ever friend sends a fresh wave of joy through the demi-goddess.

Babel watches Vadir as she holds onto the precious quest-item with greedy black eyes. Why not make the red carry it? Why does she? Is it because it is so important? The gold sniffs, eyes watchful.

"If that one will suffice, shall we go?"

Image Credits
Coded by Space!

V O L T E R R A

A wide, genuine smile lights up his white-splashed face as she agrees to join him on his quest. He's already had a little think about where he can collect the rest of the items - the Endless Blue is fairly obvious, yet the volcanic rock takes a tad more musing over. The only volcanic place he can think of is the Veins themselves, and he's not entirely sure if it borders on the insane to try and enter an ominous-looking volcano for the sake of a rock.

Still, that's a problem for a different day. For now Vadir nurses the precious stone - and if she could read Babel's mind she would point out that her red brother is far too small and weak to carry such an important thing, as his poor little arms might well fall from their sockets under the weight of the chosen object - and Volterra is content that he's accomplished at least the first part of his quest. "Igen, let us move." He begins to stride away, crossing over the singed remains of his golem without a thought but ensuring he keeps close enough to Isopia to step in should she show signs of tiring. She's far stronger than that, of course, but it doesn't stop Volterra wanting to minimise as many risks as possible.

image credits

Igen = yes

LOOK LOOK IT'S NOT AN ESSAY LOOK LOOK

I S O P I A

Although Isopia is rarely thankful for the body she has been placed in, today, as her long limbs carry her beside Volterra, she does take a moment to silently contemplate how much harder things would be if she had shorter limbs. Currently she'd be scurrying to keep up with Volterra, but instead her steps are actually longer than his, and so even as their baby (or babies) weigh her down, for now at least, she is able to keep a comfortable pace at his side.

Given her lack of vanity and relative lack of pride, if it comes to it, she'll have no problem asking for a brief respite to catch her breath. Keeping what grows inside of her healthy is her top priority now, and even if it means making Volterra take slightly longer to collect the items that her father asked him for, she'll happily do it. And, she thinks both males - her father and her mate (?) - would be just fine with this.

Image Credits
Coded by Space!