the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] visitors [common SS drop]

Noah Posts: 59
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Riven
In that moment, as more are drawn in by the spectacle of pretty lights in the blackness (they quickly fill each remaining gap in the half-circle of bodies), insecurity’s merciless teeth sink with mischievous intent into the fragility of his newly formed confidence, his throbbing sense of masculinity; it whispers wickedly against that bond freshly forged, which he would guard with all of the fury a mother might her babe. The dove lies a warm cheek against the hot, bristling contour of his throat, and the crest above rises into proud arch beneath a rippling cascade of long flaxen mane; simultaneously, one wing slips free, rising above the shy darling like a dim, feathered awning in the night, the other peels away from the steamy flank below and flares sidewards ever so slightly (to enhance his breadth).

All the while, he watches the tiny, chirping, alien-equids, with a carefully curious eye, marvelling too at the enormous manner of their transport - the curved surface at it’s top glistened, like a dulled version of the winking water lapping around its feet. Despite the darkness, Noah is able to discern the shift of each face as one question rises from the group surrounding, and then another. There is little reason for him to direct one of his own - though he was entirely lost for words regardless, and was contented enough to rest in quiet shadow with Nora; though they appeared rather amicable, he had witnessed enough skewed personalities in Helovia to maintain vigilance. Betraying not whether they understood the tongue of the land upon which they’d arrived, the queer, ill-constructed creatures simply blinked their many eyes in response.

Somewhere ahead, a glittering threesome of winged insects - butterflies - briefly distracted his focus.

At last one of the four step slightly from the gentle glow of their huddle, and coughs (perhaps, it was a strange sound). Golden ears snap forward to listen as a chorus of muffled encouragement follows the  greeting offered, and breath snags in his throat when the little being reveals the meaning of their arrival; at the same time his jawline jerks, before an incredulous glance sways by the dove at his side. As the solo visitor proceeds to request information about the various regions of Helovia and one of the many gathered volunteers the first sample, Noah finds himself intrigued; for his knowledge of this immeasurable countryside is very limited.

The butterflies still flutter in place, and a voice lifts as though from their position; it is feminine, as delicate as brittle dawn light, and it describes the different races of this land. Another ignites, sweet and girlish, though equally bold and inspired. It speaks of a place called Dragon’s Throat, and thought can’t help but sweep back to the recent hours, perhaps days, spent in the molten belly of the earth - this easily could have been such a dragon. However that which the child details, creates a far lovelier visualisation than the murky, stagnant, stone-walled cave they had bedded in - perfect indeed. The brilliant note of the voice tapers and another sings forth, delivering words that strike a chord, for he has learned already about World’s Edge. It is hard to find the source through the gloom, the countless heads within it, but he is sure enough that it isn’t Amaris (the ferocious-looking woman who he feels strangely drawn to).

Others follow with further information about the southern desert (they seem to represent a proud, confident kin), and Noah waits in curious, pensive silence until the last (he feels), has spoken. Though he stands behind others, there is little reason to lift his voice terribly, for the night around them seems empty; the silver and gold draws a breath and his sides heave with deliberation. "I’m Noah. Nora and I come from the north, Aurora Basin they call it…" There are few positive experiences for him to draw upon so his pause to consider is brief. "It’s colder than everywhere else we’ve been. It's surrounded by dreadful, impassable mountains - the wind around their peaks is savage for those of us who fly... Horses live in caves… And there is an over-population of horns." A shrug rolls through his shoulders, displacing the elevated wing for only a second.

"But she likes it…" thoughtfully he smiles as his eyes gesture through dimness, over to the dove.
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding

Seeking: Arctic Zephyr
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death
(no need to ask)

Zoeya Posts: 9
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: Six months:: Orangemoon
Ajax :: Common Griffin :: Zapping Jab Pare
Zoeya
Light brown terrified eyes glittered as they looked up at the pretty blue lady. Why had she even come here? She hated meeting new people, they scared the hell out of her, and these creatures were worse by far. Her body quivered and her ears lay flat on her tiny skull. To her surprise and relieve the lady smiled at her and sent pretty white butterflies swirling over her head. A smile flickered into life on her dainty face and a soft giggle tickled in her throat. She instantly liked the star like mare as she spoke warm words to her. She smiled and looked at the lady feeling much better than she had moments before. "Thank you Miss. My name is Zoeya, my mama is the Queen of the World's Edge." One day she would learn that information like that might not be the best thing to spread around, but for now she was blissfully unaware.

Then a familiar face shows up and she grins at the black and teal lady. "Miss Lyanna." She imagines herself yelling the words, but they come out as a quiet whisper to shy to call out. Instead she watches the other Queen of her herd relaxing even more. It was nice to have two protectors instead of none. A thought pierced her mind, what if she told mama she had left the Edge. She gulped and lowered her eyes tiny tail swishing anxiously behind her. 'Mama's gonna to kill me...'

It wasn't until the tiny creature began to speak that she looked up again. They had been watching her? Eyes bulged again nervously, why had they been watching them? Her heart thundered in her chest whites showing around her eyes. She had no idea what information to offer the things so she looked at the lady beside her again. Closing her eyes she pretended that everyone was gone, that she was home with mama, Lyanna, and Amaris. "My Mama is the Queen of the World's Edge, it's a pretty place covered in mist..." Someone shifted and broke the her concentration. She ducked her head wings pulling tighter against her side.

----------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 357
OOC/Tags;; @Ki'irha  Seeking a Griffin - Zapping Jab Wishlist

image credits
- table by Niki -

Sarai Posts: 7
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Hybrid :: 15hh :: Newborn (Ages in TallSun)
Emily
Sarai

Daddy still has not come to check on me, but two others seem keen to fill in for him instead. The first is a girl, not much older than me! She's a rosy red color, with white markings on her face. The boy... Well his build is kinda like mine.... Okay, maybe i'm a bit smaller than he... But his markings, they look so much like Daddy's markings. I look up at him, wishing I had a way of asking him.

But then others were arriving and moving about. The girl left my side for two others who seemed to be her family. I see one of the Queens of the Edge arrive, Lyanna I think Daddy had called her... Or maybe my adoptive Momma had said that. Speaking of my adopted Momma, her newborn daughter and my sister of sorts arrived. I started to move closer to her, but didn't.

That's when the creatures started talking. They wanted to know about our homes! "Fog. Lots and lots of fog and trees. Oh and a really really big cliff!" Yep. That's my way of describing the Edge. Oh well.

"Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem."

She is clothed with strength and dignity
Image Credit

wishlist - http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=27291
seeking - :: [Companion: Dragon | Fire Breath]
using one - extra VOTG roll
No prior refusals

mentioning her Dad Aaron, but not posting him for the drop <3

Brendan Posts: 31
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Two Years (Orangemoon Born) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwen :: Plain Hellhound :: Acid Emily

BRENDAN
HARDSHIP OFTEN PREPARES AN ORDINARY PERSON FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY DESTINY

More gather, and to be honest I am not surprised other than the fact my Father has not coming looking for the girl standing next to me. The girl on her other side moves off, and I assume over to her own family as they begin to speak in some foreign language. Arwen heeds my words and stops crawling on her belly toward the strange creatures. I am thankful for this, as the last thing I need is her getting into trouble.

It is only when the creatures speak that my attention fully rests anywhere else but on the girl I assume is my sister of sorts. What they ask for is simple. They want to know of the lands that surround the place we are currently at. Makes sense to me, even if I am a bit hesitant to give such information out. I wait quietly as others speak up. Several describe the herd land to the south, the Dragon's Throat. Most of the ones from there seem to be not only children, but a child of either a current or maybe even past leader... I can not be sure and therefore will not assume. A few others, including the small girl next to me speak of the World's Edge. I make note to seek my Father out there later, if I do not get to speak to him after this. Only one other so far seems to claim to hail from the north, like I do.

So with a deep breath, I decide to take my own turn in answering. "I have called two places home. The first, was the Hidden Falls. The land still remains but is no longer home to a herd. It is filled with waterfalls and green grass covered hills and former mountains. The second lies to the north, and is the Aurora Basin. It's vastly differently from the lands of the south, as it is cold year round. But some times, late at night the skies light up with amazing colors that look as if they are dancing across the night skies. I stop there, feeling I had given an adequate description of the two places I know the best in all of Helovia...

"Talk"

Wishlist
Seeking - :: [Companion: Dragon | Frost Breath]
Prior Refusal One
Also Using Two - extra VOTG roll

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Most of those who gathered are quick to offer up little tidbits of information. Everything shared is recorded, filed away perfectly within the four minds of the creatures standing on the end of the ramp. The “reprimand” of one of the children was cooly ignored by the aliens. They heard it but they chose not to respond to it.

It wasn’t even worth filing away with the other information.

There seemed to be some debate among those gathered about who was the best leader of the barren herd down in the south. But the small little quips were the closest thing to interesting facts as they got. Most of the information was, indeed, things that the creatures could find out themselves if they hand simply landed in any of the herds.

“These answers are boring.” One of the other creatures pipes up, the one who glowed with the brightest purple. The others chirped in agreement, but quietly. “Tell us some interesting information about your homes. How misty they are or how many trees there are is not interesting.”

“And bathing in fire sounds painful.” Another one of the creatures points out. The speech from the filly sounded like the mantra from a cult.

More from the bluest of the group. “Why do you all live in herds? What bonds you to one land over another? Is it just the mist and the trees? The baths of fire? The cold?” So far, most of these horses weren't making much sense.

---------

Kid is disqualified for not responding on time.

You have 72 hours to reply to this final round

image stock

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella

The star girl listened intently to all those who gathered speak of where they were from, and of small bits of trivial information. Some of the information did seem important, but most, her own included, were just standard answers.

She let out a soft laugh when the purple alien spoke up. They did not want boring, they cared not of routine life or descriptions of landscape. They wanted drama, and pizazz. She certainly wasn’t keen on being the center of attention, but it seemed as though these creatures wanted a show, and something exciting to write home about.

“I can understand your disappointment, newcomers, though if you wanted more sparkle, you should have just said so.” She punctuated her statement with a playful wink. Hopefully they wouldn’t consider her inflection disrespectful, but even if they did, oh well.

“I cannot tell you much about herds, as I do not belong to one, and I know none of these places well enough to describe what makes them special.” She stepped forward on graceful white-dipped legs, trying to place a bit of distance between her and any others, to prevent any unfortunate accidents. “What is a land without it’s people? Among those who inhabit this land, some carry the gift of magic.”  She tossed her head — a bit of dramatic flair, if that’s what they wanted — and starting as a glimmer and growing rapidly into full glory, she summoned two great eagles. As did the butterflies with the filly, they sparkled and fizzed and crackled in the mild night, but instead of floating and fluttering, they burst forwards and then turned skywards, finally meeting twenty meters above the crowd, where they collided with a satisfying sizzle and pop.

Silver eyes fell back upon the ship and it’s inhabitants, and a playful smile settled upon her lips. “Many carry this gift, but what they are able to accomplish with it is different.”  She then stepped back, resuming her previous place in the ring, and cast her silver gaze to the next one to speak, happily passing on the attention to someone else, so she could go back to being unnoticed.

Ki'irha
the north star

image credits

Wishlist
No Prior Refusals
Using One (1) Extra VOTG roll
Seeking Common Griffin w/ Zapping Jab
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Arakh Posts: 77
Dragon's Throat Stallion atk: 5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17'2hh :: 2 HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow
His ears flatten at the filly's assertion that the Throat is still ruled by the strongest man in Helovia, although the young stallion senses that now is not the ideal time to engage in a battle of my-dad's better-than-your-dad. The aliens are speaking again, and they appear unimpressed by the tidbits offered up by the gathered horses. Arakh frowns, wondering what on earth they could want to hear if not the pure facts of the realm.

At the alien's question about why they live in herds, Arakh tilts his bull-horned head in surprise. How could these odd beasts not live in herds? "Herds good for company, for sharing food sources, and for helping fight against predators. Lone horse easy prey - group of horses not." His factual response is uttered quickly, never averting his eyes from the aliens. "Herd usually chosen because family or friends live there. Arakh born in Edge, but move to Throat to be with brothers and sisters. Arakh often miss Edge, but happy in Throat with family. Family more important than stone and soil." The bull is not the best at articulating himself given his gruff, heavily accented voice, but he's rather pleased with how he's managed to get across the deep pain in his soul when he thinks of the Edge and his mother's corpse, yet at the same time how much he adores every day upon the golden Throat sands.

"Reality is no herd better than another herd, but each one favoured by different horses. If qemmemmo rhoa want to choose herd to live in, better to see in person. Arakh and other horses can't make proper picture of each land." It's his somewhat stunted, long-winded way of saying that no amount of talking or factual information will match the sheer joy of experiencing the herds themselves.

Arakh
YOU SHOULD HAVE LEARNED BY NOW
I'LL BURN THIS WHOLE WORLD DOWN
lines | color & coding

qemmemmo rhoa - strange animals

Arakh is seeking a griffin!

refusal one
refusal two

[ ARAKH ]

Noah Posts: 59
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Riven
Taken aback a little by the forward nature of their curiosity, Noah can’t help but stand and stare, peering expressionlessly down between heads, at the illuminated ‘guests’ of Helovia, while others around him set quickly their tongues to work; he is confronted, possibly more so by his own startling inability to answer, than anything else.

Aurora Basin, as he mentioned, has done little thus far to woo his young heart, and certainly the ties of his loyalty are loose knots unravelling fast. The first (and easily most lasting), impression of the cold northern valley, was that ‘they’ were presumptuous, without much compassion, pushy, and horned; two among that initial crowd had been less of those things, but with no diluting follow up in the days succeeding, and nothing more pleasant to sweeten the sour taste left behind, the foul opinion had been let to fester and decay, like infection.

For a long time her stews.

Voices turn around him in the quiet of the starless night like tides beneath the moon, but Noah nary hears the stories they unveil. He is lost in the ocean of dilemma, the murky whirlpool of confusion, with the wailing wind of self-discovery driving down against it all. Why do you live in the Basin? His churning mind echoes the question boldly, inquisitorially, and what is it, that bonds you to them? It is then, unexpectedly, with the warmth of his dove pressed in close, that the shrill excitement of his inner voice airs, it reveals a very obvious revelation: he is not tied to anything, at all.

It is to Nora that his heart is tethered, and it is for her – for her comfort in cooler climates, her delight in crevices and caves, and her preference towards the sweeter flora therein – that he bides time in the Basin.

Though he’d touched on it lightly the first time he’d spoken, the level of his care, of his love, was clearly without end.

"What binds me?" He begins with an almost booming, benevolent tone, for he feels all at once empowered, like the world around him grows lighter, brighter, and he closes his eyes as the picture of their passion reignites in illusion before him.

"I found a dove once, battered, sprawled wounded on the earth – did you know that birds hide their ailment until their dying breath? Beneath a shield of muddied feather, travel-worn and torn, was hidden bony-angles upon her frame, that were sharp as a tiger’s…

Well, as sharp as the sight of a hawk.

There was fear pooling, festering in the quiet of her angelic eyes, and my heart ached for the grimness of her plight; it bled pitifully, uselessly. I’ve grown to believe that the dove is a symbol of peace and hope – how one could find such foulness in their soul to destroy one is beyond me…

So helpless was she, vulnerable (for a murder of beady-eyed crows did stand vigil), that I pledged myself to her in those moments, a personal guardian, until the day she’d bid me away. I couldn't leave her there alone to fade, and for that, I’m ever thankful. There is beauty there, beneath the ugly face of suffering, and perfectly beautiful minds lurk beneath the frays of despair – she opened my eyes. The dove improved with care and kindness, patience, and to be frank, I became quickly smitten.

How could one so entirely lovely, not pluck the strings of a liable heart?

Now her surface is smooth and so graceful; exquisite like dew on the petal of a rose, and just as fragrant. She speaks and it is like the sweet sound of spring rain after the dry-spell of winter. Endearing, refreshing, is the blood that pulses through her veins – and she stays with me still, though she is fit now to fly.

I love Nora. She is bound to every single beat of my heart and if it is Aurora Basin that brings her comfort, then that for me, is the nearest thing to home."

And then his heart shrinks a little, for all that was now public - revealed to the crowd of strangers with pounding, throbbing conviction - he knows well, has been lost in translation between them; he and his darling dove.
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding

@Nora
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death
(no need to ask)

Vezér Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 17hh :: One year
Pare

Vezér
An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language.

When her sister speaks up she gives the young girl a very hard look. Everyone thought their father was the strongest, but as far as she knew the two stallions had never met in battle. There was no reason to argue about something that could never be proved either way. "Csend lánytestvér." She hissed lifting her head daring the child to do something. Satisfied she turned back to the grullo male beside her. Her eyes lifted to his before rolling a grimace on her face. "Sorry about my sister." She whispered softly to the bull horned male.

Sighing softly she turned her attention back to the strange animals. Her ears flickered back slightly as they ignored her. Snorting she pawed at the ground once in her aggravation. "You find a herd to feel safe, and to never be alone. A herd is more than just strangers,they are your family; you look out for them and they look after you." Scarlet eyes narrowed slightly as she watched them. "They give you a purpose." If that wasn't good enough for them then she would really give them something to remember.

Her hide quivered with the growing need to pummel the strange tiny creatures. Who did they think they were to come down here and demand to know about them. She glanced at Arakh before leaning closer and whispering, "If they say something shitty again I'll take the two on the right you can have the others." Her eyes were hard but a smile twitched on her lips.
---------------------------------
Speech
Words;; 255
OOC/Tags;; @Arakh @Victorina
Csend lánytestvér : Hush sister
Seeking a dragon with Fire breath Wishlist
Using my 3 Extra VOTG rolls

Please tag
Doesn't have her collar

Zoeya Posts: 9
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: Six months:: Orangemoon
Ajax :: Common Griffin :: Zapping Jab Pare
Zoeya
She watched everyone silently her ears twitching as she watched a couple people glare at each other. It was strange to see anyone fighting. She had never even witnessed anyone grimace or glare. Her head ducked closer to her chest nervously as another filly stepped into the argument speaking in a tongue she had never heard before. She swallowed hard when the lady beside her stepped forward. She watched as two great eagles burst from her and danced in the sky. Her eyes widened excitedly as they slammed into each other with a snap and crackle. Magic was incredible.

Taking a deep breath she spoke up, "Some are bonded with creatures we call companions. My mother is bonded to an owl called Hemlock and they get along really well together." She smiled shyly at the creatures before falling silent again wand watching everyone else. Unable to hold anyone's gazes she turned her attention towards the ground. She shuffles her hooves hoping this would all be over soon. She just wanted to go back home and be safe with her mother in the misty Edge. Maybe Lyanna would take her back home, so she wouldn't have to travel alone.
----------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 198
OOC/Tags;; Seeking a Griffin - Zapping Jab Wishlist

image credits
- table by Niki -

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
Lyanna smiles as Zoeya quietly says her name, finding the Miss in front of her name endearing when uttered by a child. It makes her feel a little old, perhaps, but she remembers once upon a time when she called others Miss and Sir. For once, the preface on her name isn’t someone singling her out as Queen, though for Zoeya, that would be less likely anyway, the girl being Aly’s daughter and all. Lyanna keeps an eye on her friend’s child, but her attention stays largely focused on the four little creatures that are unimpressed with the information given.

What is they wanted to know? She doesn’t care so much because she’s hoping to impress them, but because now she’s on high alert. It’s in moment’s like these she’s thankful for her upbringing, for the mask of calm and kindness that rests so easily on her face. No matter her feelings, crack’s in her façade are always intentional. Almost always, anyway. It is impossible to be perfect, impossible not to be startled now and again. There’d simply been no façade at all when the servants had told her and Adelene that her family was dead, that their lives were in danger. She’d been sad, yes, but mostly driven by the need to protect her sister, the only family she’d had left. Her face then, probably, had simply been stone, her mind tuned to getting them out and nothing else.

She’d done a great job, protecting her sister. Got her here and let her follow her own path, thinking that was the right thing to do. Now, her sister was gone.

Lyanna listens for a while this time as others answer their questions, and it’s not until Zoeya finshes (talking of Hemlock, which brings a smile to Lyanna’s face) that she speaks up. “Herds, as others have said, are family. Why each horse picks where they do differs, but in the end, you will find most tend to stay because of the others that live there. Herds are our protection and strength.” Sure, some horses were stronger than others, but working together is what made them truly powerful. “We band together, even all the herds, in times of need. Like now, with a God called Kaos lingering, his intentions unknown. You can see his altar, a tall black obelisk, not too far away in the marshlands.”

She’s not sure how she feels about what she’s told them. Again, it seems like somewhat unimportant information, because if they wished to serve Kaos he could certainly just call others to his side. He was, after all, a powerful God. At the same time though, she still worried that interesting information would be divulging too much, that it would somehow hurt those that had gathered. Lyanna is not the strongest, though she’s capable, and at the very least the moon horn hangs around her neck as it always does. It is not much, but at least there’s some extra defense.

Seeking Zephyr | Phoenix
Refusal 1
Refusal 2
Refusal 3

lyanna

art by yewrezz

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Melita Posts: 35
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16 :: Newborn - Birdsong
Sila :: Plain Zephyr :: Wakiya Heather
These answers are boring.

Melita tried not to be affronted, offended, or taken aback, and only a little gasp had managed to escape her tiny mouth, which she closed quickly thereafter. She’d never been bored a day in her life! There were too many things in the world to enrapture, entice, and tempt her – all the wisdom, all the knowledge, all the glorious pieces of dust or sand, leaves and foliage, bright, illustrious colors, vivid hues, or sparkling, shimmering water, the zealous, fervent heat of fire. Perhaps these other creatures had already experienced those moments and wanted something new, fresh, overwhelming, so that they could impart more sagacity into their own lives.

But something about the herd - why they lived there and bonded to the lands – was a difficult answer to surmise for the tiny child. Melita had been born in the dunes, christened, anointed, and blessed amidst its sun and protection, shadowed beneath the rocky outcrops where dragons were said to have roamed, leathery wings blocking out the sky. She tilted her head a fraction, ears twitching, listening to the others’ reply, with their verses, stanzas, and refrains on family, on protection, on guidance. So the girl puffed out her chest, all pride, all serenity, all innocent impudence and audacity flickering between her eyes, mind, and soul, and smiled towards the oddities. “I was born in the Dragon’s Throat! I stay because I love my home, my friends, and my family. They’re the most important things to me – so I remain in the Throat because it holds what’s most dear!” Her final note was on a triumphant trill, wings fluffed out, plumage rustling from her sides, excited, ebullient, hoping that somehow she could convey everything she’d wanted to say in those brief words. They didn’t sound as wonderful as others’ speeches, but they were from the heart of a youth, and they resounded from her experiences thus far in her short, blissful life.

Seeking a Zephyr (Wakiya). No prior refusals.
Melita
let me live that fantasy
art | codes

Brendan Posts: 31
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Two Years (Orangemoon Born) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwen :: Plain Hellhound :: Acid Emily

BRENDAN
HARDSHIP OFTEN PREPARES AN ORDINARY PERSON FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY DESTINY

The creatures speak again, out answers were not good enough. I snort with pure frustration. The girl beside me, the one I think is my little sister had spoken. Mists and trees... What land holds that? Surely not the Falls as it's no longer a herdland... Maybe, the Edge? Arwen stands and returns to my side. She's looking at me curiously.

As the others speak, I question my choice of joining the Basin. Why had I joined the herd the farthest to the north? I have no family ties there. I have no reason to stay... If this little girl at my side is who I think she is, then my family by description lives in the Edge. My ties, are there and not the Basin. "I know for myself, I lost my home and had to pick a new one. I had to start a new adventure. Nothing holds me to my northern home. In fact, something now pulls me away from it." I pause. What do I really want to stay? "Our homes are special, because we make them that way. Home is what you make it, nothing more." I glance to Arwen, and then to the filly at my side.

If home is what we make it, but family is what draws us from place to place.... Maybe I didn't belong in the Basin. Maybe, just maybe I belong.... In the mists.

"Talk"

Wishlist
Seeking - :: [Companion: Dragon | Frost Breath]
Prior Refusal One
Also Using Two - extra VOTG roll

Sarai Posts: 7
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Hybrid :: 15hh :: Newborn (Ages in TallSun)
Emily
Sarai

Our answers were not good enough for them. My head dips down in sadness. What more can I do to explain? To tell about my home. Then it hits me. "I call my home, home... Because it's where my Daddy brought me to save me. See, my mother didn't want me.... Tried to kill me. Daddy and Alanna saved me, took me home with them. Momma Alyanne, and Aunt Amaris... They help take care of me with Daddy." I spoke in sentences that made me sound much older than I am, with words far beyond my age. I glance at Zoeya, as she's the one who nurses along side me some.

Then I glance to the stallion standing next to me. The look on his face, is shock and surprise. I wonder why he's looking at me like that? Like he just found out something major and it's a good thing. At least I hope it's a good thing the way he's watching me.

I look over at Daddy, still sleeping away. He looks so peaceful, which is a change for him. Then back to the creatures. I wonder if our answers will be good enough this time.

"Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem."

She is clothed with strength and dignity
Image Credit

wishlist - http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=27291
seeking - :: [Companion: Dragon | Fire Breath]
using one - extra VOTG roll
No prior refusals

mentioning her Dad Aaron, but not posting him for the drop <3

Victorina Posts: 10
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Newborn (Ages in TallSun)
Emily
V
I
C
T
O
R
I
N
A

My sister tells me me to hush, and I just glare at her. How dare she?! How dare she not defend Papa?! She even apologies to the stallion she's standing beside! I want to scream in anger. But instead I choose to ignore her and focus on the creatures who were saying our answers weren't what they wanted. Ugh fine. Okay, what's a better way to describe my home. My home is family, no matter if we share the same blood or not. We protect our own, from all the dangers of the wilds. For me, I was born in the Throat. I look around at the others for a second before going on.

We may not always agree, or sometimes we see things differently. But no matter what, we have each others backs. I glance to everyone around me. We all have our loyalties, and our reasons for picking our homes. But none of that will ever fully tell you about our homes, without you seeing it for yourselves.

Victorina talks

Image Credit

wishlist - http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=27067
seeking - :: [Companion: Dragon | Toxic Breath]
using two - extra VOTG roll
No prior refusals

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The answers that were given this round were much more satisfactory and the four, tiny heads of the creatures bobbed along with what had been spoken. Magic, family, love, protection, companions, strength, friends, what you make it, sanctuary, loyalty. Some of them sang the same song but they were all unique this time around - and the aliens hummed in delight.

The passion of the earth-dwellers had been rumoured, and they were delighted to finally see some in person.

Once all of the answers were in, the four creatures spoke right after one another.

“Thank you all very much.”
“This has been most helpful.”
“We appreciate all of your assistance.”
“Here is a token of our gratitude.”

They only had one such present, but they were going to be gone in a few moments so what did they care whether anyone else was going to be offended that they didn’t get a gift.

They all made a clicking sound in unison and, before the youngest member there - a little girl with lightning markings - an egg materialized. It glowed with a vibrant orange light in the darkness, floating in the shallow water on a small raft that would deteriorate as soon as the egg was taken off of it. Once the egg appeared, the small aliens began to retreat back up the ramp they were standing on - disappearing into their ship.

---------

Congratulations to @Zoeya!
roll
please post in character records once your companion has hatched

Thank you everyone for participating! This counts as a refusal for everyone else that made it to the last round

image stock