the Rift

[OPEN] Basin blunder

Noah Posts: 59
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Riven
They are like a nest of giant, mutated ants, constantly in motion and thoroughly preoccupied. From the refuge of a new ragged grove of pines (this one closer to those unnerving guards by the valley’s entrance), he watches with a glazed, befuddled expression; both disturbed by their activity, yet also comprehensively enthralled. The hum of voices around him hangs like thick fog about his broad shoulders, only dimming through the dark hours after nightfall when many of them sleep; vanish into ridiculously dark and (no doubt) confined dens, carved into the side of the mountain. Jarring pain throbs through his skull, an ache stimulated by sensory overload, for the world he had come from was tranquil and vastly uncluttered – very much normal.

A group is gathered toward the middle of a wide grass-strewn flat; perhaps more than four (he sees only a chaos of limbs and colours across the space), stand conversing, between the glimmering blue lake to the north and the gaping gap in the mountain further south, maybe east – though he doesn’t glance that way because they (the statues), stand in eerie, silent ceremony. There is a winged one among them, the glossy sheen of feather reflects the sunlight beautifully and his sea-green eye is drawn in; it travels across the rolling curve of rump and spine, neck and skull, but cannot pick who owns which. They are all strange to behold, compared to the rooted silver and gold stain of his family (with wings). Noah cannot imagine standing among them, fitting as they appear to, so perfectly into the crowd.

Soon he grows tired, mentally.

The sun is drooping west of its pinnacle in the great blue yonder – noon has been and gone, and he knows Nora will soon stir (the tether of responsibility is equally inspiring and suffocating). Ears waver with uncertainty, apprehension stews within. He needs to pass by them, the group, to reach her tiny cave. Careful eyes return to their collective body, and chin lifts quickly, surprised, as he discovers that they are separating. While they are distracted, turning about, he slips from his cover and hastens by; at the same time exploring the revealed appearance of one or two strangers (Lord Rikyan and Toulouse he has met). The first is the pegasus: the hybrid, it seems. A distinct sharp point juts out of white upon the forehead (two others he overlooks), so this one does not share the same avian-type blood, he figures.

Noah is unsettled by the weapons brandished upon the faces of so many.

The slender face to catch his focus lastly, embodies almost as much feminine grace as his charge, Nora. With wings inconspicuously slung low (barely inches above the ground), he travels, but stunned momentarily by bold, glowing green set amid waves of soft crimson. Perhaps it might have been wiser to stop there, greet her... Alas he stumbles like a fool, catching the longest of his own quills beneath bold progression of a hind hoof. The feather is plucked clean from its bed, and though the stallion recovers quickly, he is mortified, and retreats north into another woody copse.

---

A good while later, as the sun sinks to touch a rugged horizon, Noah is grazing in solitude, in the same vicinity.
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding

@Akumi
- Noah has left a golden feather (the length of a long leg maybe?), for her to pick up/keep if she would like. I'M SORRY FOR THE MULTI TAGGING

This is mainly for Akumi and Noah to meet, but any are welcome <3 Set first as the WE Quest meeting takes place, then later the same arvo.
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death
(no need to ask)

Akumi Posts: 24
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 years (Bird Song) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Rose
As Akumi is beckoned to go with Lord Rikyn to the mirror for her quest, she steps forward without hesitation. She was excited to step into a new place and see new things and meet new horses. As she began to follow a rather large stallion seemed to walk between her and the group that stayed behind. Akumi noticed him in the corner of her eye and saw his quick footwork giving her the impression he didn’t want to be seen. To not make things awkward for him she continued to keep her head straight towards the path she was going, as to seem like she wasn’t watching.

Akumi’s eyes watched his mane rock back and fourth in the wind and followed the structure of muscles to his back where she was stopped by the discovery of brilliant golden wings. She watched as the station lowered them further to the ground due to distraction until they were mere inches from the dirt that would taint the golden shimmer.

As his feet walked quickly and, momentarily, quietly his back feet were becoming dangerously close to his wings. Akumi wondered if she should shout out that he was close to trampling his own wings or save him from the embarrassment by pretending she didn’t see anything. Before she could make the decision a white back hoof caught the tip of a feather and pulled it clean from him. He turned to see one of his own feathers behind him and then retreated to the north, his large hooves sounding the way no longer quiet.

Akumi turned and the golden feather met her eyes shimmering in the sun but before she could look up to find its owner he was already far off and out of sight. Akumi wanted to bring it back to him and offer a kind word and friendship. She turned quietly and walked to the feather without the other two noticing and grabbed the end gently between her teeth. Deciding the feather was too long to put in her mane, she turned to her backside and nestled it into her crimson tail. Waving from side to side before walking, the golden shimmer highlighted the occasional orange and yellow hairs that snuck their way through, hardly noticed.

What a beautiful little thing it was.

By afternoon she fulfilled her purpose of coming to the Basin and started to leave before the shimmer caught her eye.

She wanted to find him again.

Politely asking Lord if she may stay as guest to acquire more knowledge hopeful for the future position as Seer in her homeland, it was granted. She bid the others goodbye and marched her way to the North where the stallion had gone before. Not finding him anywhere she decided to go down where all the other horses gathered about hoping that they wouldn’t be offended by an Edger’s presence. Weaving her way around the others, she notices a large painted pegasus not too far off grazing in solitude. Gracefully she cantered over to him letting her light weight hooves make soft heart-beat sounds into the Earth. Bom-bom-bom, bom-bom-bom, bom-bom-bom.

Akumi stopped just short of 10 feet from him and let a friendly greeting sound escape her lungs. Walking closer now she stopped and before he could neigh back in greeting she spoke, “I believe this is yours? My name is Akumi.” she said, turning her body sideways to him so he could see the shimmering gold from her tail that perfectly matched his wings and the section where it was missing from.

Being honest, she wanted to keep it but she knew that was wrong for her to keep what is not her own. But then again, how could you put a plucked feather back in its bed?

Regardless, she offered it back to the handsome stallion who’s eyes mirrored hers. Her eyes traced down his silky creamy white and palomino back. His beautiful coloring almost made her stare a little too long.

Akumi

image credit

@Noah
Akumi finds the feather and tucks it in her tail. Later she finds Noah again and offers it back to him and introduces herself. <3
Someday somebody will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Riven
Soaking idly in the last rich light that the afternoon’s sinking sun had to offer, the winged-stallion (one of too few in these northern parts, he feels), is altogether oblivious that another of fair gender approaches. It has become rather a ritual for him this last week, mindless afternoons spent feeding ravenous hunger on the sweet basin grass - though the insatiable emptiness that gnaws is least of all lack of food. Within, he pines terribly for the warmth of paradise, of a distant island home and the faces waiting their upon it. Stubborn worry too, nags like a toothache; restless shadows wander the rolling vale, falling from each peak and tree, teasing memory of a certain savage feline to stir; paranoia rouses burning through the scar. He avoids them, the world, seeking solitude until the moon comes to spread ink sanctuary through the land. Through the night  quiet he feels safest.

It is only as the voice of the stranger sings forth to meet his lazy ears that he discovers her there and golden cups waver to the tune of rising indecision in his core. All at once, the pulse in his mind quickens, thunders, and dense feathers adjust against each flank, pinning nearer, thinner. She has paused a respectful distance from him - he appreciates the courtesy, though lean long legs beneath seem reluctant to spare the saved distance; closer to him the charcoal girl travels, speaking too, even before a response is given. Briefly his bewildered eyes touch her own glistening green gaze (they are bright, bold and friendly - inviting), but he cannot resist the urge to look up instead, to examine the spiralling horn between them. Was she another of his herd-mates here?

Then it hits him; she was one of the crowd he’d been studying earlier in the day.

As seconds tick by, he stands before her dumbfounded, struggling to drag any sort of retort from the tangle of thoughts to his tongue. “Uh,” he begins, repointing focus to the golden quill in her tail, “keep it…” he tells her, soft masculine tone, insecure and unsure. Try as he might, he cannot fathom why she’d wear it, the feather he’d discard (rather plucked), and left behind. Conversation has been harder in recent times, though all thus far met have deserved a little more credit than they had been allowed; it is because of this, her obviously sweet approach, that his features soften finally. “Really, I’d like you to have it,” he repeats more tenderly, even pulling a smile across the bland discomfort which had been. “I’m Noah.” No other had actually sought his company alone in this land of walls and frost - aside from the coloured dove over whom he stood guard (of course).
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding

@Akumi
(no need to ask)

Rose
Akumi dipped her horn in polite greeting. “Nice to meet you!” she said, her voice sounding a little more cheery then she had intended. “Thank you for letting me keep this, its very pretty.” She swished her tail back and fourth to see the gold feather nestled in her tail shimmer once more in the setting sun. Looking back to the small section missing from his elegant thick wings, a question arose in her mind. She didn’t have wings so she didn’t know how they worked. “Will it grow back?” she said, curious and hopeful that he wouldn’t be without his missing piece for too long.

“I’m from the World’s Edge. I came to Helovia a little more than a month ago. I didn’t come from anywhere specific before then. I just lived with my mother and father for a little while.” she said while thoughts of her past began to burn in her mind. She decided to leave out the fact they there were dead, she considered it too gloomy a topic for ones who just met. “And then I ended up here! Sacre came and took me in. Where did you come from? If you don’t mind me asking of course.” Akumi continued, hopeful to keep the conversation going. She liked the sound of his smooth masculine voice. It sounded much like Sacre’s when she first met him, strong and gentle. But Noah’s was better, more comforting, almost like velvet to her curved ears.

Akumi

image credit

@Noah

Nora Posts: 52
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 3
Angel
I whittle away the day with deteriorating attempts at sleep. A night owl by force of habit, my evenings and early (before dawn) mornings are spent wide eyed and sleepless. Dreams still plague me, they never subside nor allow more than an hour or so of blissful nothingness. Because of this, my social interaction has become limited to the eagle (who bears my presence with far more patience than most.) Dozing till late afternoon (evening) avoids the crowded lanes of people visiting their habitual places of sanctuary. Occasionally, my fruitless struggles wane in favor of admiring their world as a rooted sapling would. From silent, unseen corners, I watch my fellow herd mates live, laugh…and love. Their ease of existence, their patterned and carefree life become an inspiration and envy. Before now, I’d never seen a world entirely at peace.

Those tranquil afternoons carry on…and my young, mistreated body is finally given a chance to heal those unseen lacerations that the fingers of magic couldn’t touch. Now, when I glimpse my reflection upon the glassy surface of water, the sight doesn’t highlight my insecurity and abuse. Hollowed channels have become plumper; those sunken (rib-like) crevices recoup and improve. A youthful, womanly shape begins to emerge around my midsection and hips. Malnourished sores have swelled, scabbed and fallen off. The torn (knots) in my mane and coat look healthier, shiny even. With every day, my troubled past fades a little more. Ventures into their world are extended bit by bit as my endurance and willingness increase substantially. Confidence builds like a ripple and terror submits to complacency.

----

The brilliant, burning orb surrenders power – navy darkness brings me from increasingly cramped quarters. In truth, if I gained much more weight, my den wouldn’t allow both feather and flesh to squeeze in. Though...my appetite has been ravenous of late…almost insatiable. With gentle, eager steps, I find my way down a familiar path. Ears and eyes are always watchful, but by now I’m not bothered with the commonplace noise of nocturnal creatures stirring to life. Beyond those evergreens – much like moody soldiers or shrouded towers – the whispering mountains are never far from sight. In those early days, their continuous presence reminds me of bleak, captive memories…but now…I find even the chilling evening breeze is warmer than a previous life in bondage…

A break in the trees sharpens my anticipation; a carpet of inked emerald yawns into view. Limbs quicken, hugging the road. Despite a heightened elevation, the grass is a tangy variety of spice; both sweet and refreshingly crisp. Irises spar a quick glance of the terrain for possible (imagined danger) but that is all the assurance my fussy innards would allow. My snout hits the ground as these toes glide clear of the wood. Wings resettle, loosening from their travel tucked sheath. After greedily consuming the growth of new green directly ahead – my feet start a slow crawl, mowing in a forward-thinking direction.

Voices drift in on the wind; ears perch head-most. With a mouthful of vegetation shuffling from either end, I look up to find a pair of silhouettes against the backdrop of a darkening sky. The necessity to linger like a wallflower is outdated, useless even. Yet…my courage to strike a conversation is still very thin. The handicap of language is an ever-present issue, it hinders my willingness to express and find acceptance in the ranks of this new…home. Home. I frown, mulling inwardly as these jaws work the lather of green paste downward. Home sits dumbly in the front of my mind…conflicted...though these lands have nourished me…I’ve yet to form a meaningful connection with the people who reside here. Aside from Noah.

In truth, I felt like a jagged, scratched and tarnished pebble that had fallen from the sky and landed upon a bed of polished gems.

OC: Hello! Hope ya'll don't mind me popping in! The muse is GOOD!

Riven
As they chat, evening begins its descent like a dim veil across the valley, bruising the sky with soft purple, shifting blues, and even copper-red where the sun rests wearily against the western range. He looks to it briefly, painfully aware that his beloved island would not yet be lost to the night; no walls enclosed Manangatang like they did this strange realm, and sunlight drenched the soft sandy beaches long into the later hours. A chill snakes up the length of his spine and Noah shivers visibly.

The young female dips her splendidly, girlish skull in a most cordial fashion, and he offers the same gesture back, if only for the sake of good manners - it is not his way normally, he is bohemian, expressing a genial nature with rather less formalness. Compared to Nora (or how the dove had received him initially), the girl fluttering before him is a breath of fresh air; bright, forthcoming and it seems, very much pleased to be in his company. He will not deny the lovely creature the attention she seeks, and pays her blatant (almost sickening) cheerfulness with a strengthening grin. “No hassle,” he shrugs, mentioning smoothly about the gift now tethered to her tail. “It will… like birds, you know, we shed out old feathers to make space for the new ones.” He quite enjoys her interest, it beckons to his masculinity and one enormous wing expands ostentatiously; each long, golden flight feather fanning through the waning air of light.

Noah is yet to learn of other places. He and Nora had been guided blindly from the battlefield into an undulating jungle scape, at the centre of which was a gushing waterfall; a crystal pool beneath. They had barely spent a night in the wilds before finding refuge between the mountainous walls now looming over; sharp eyes scan the jagged peaks warily at the thought, but it is fleeting and his focus soon resettles on Akumi. He is surprised to learn that she too is new - if Helovia is in fact, the world within which they stand (to clarify he queries promptly, “so Helovia, its all of this?” with a grand, sweeping motion of his chin).

Knowledge is something he craves, yet few thus far seem willing to share it.

Blowing gently through flared nostrils, he watches the slender girl; she is chatty and speaks far quicker than his own lazy tone. Ears fix upon her from high atop his flaxen drowned poll.

“Uh, I’m from an island - pretty far away,” he informs vaguely certain that Managatang would be a name yet unknown in these parts (or even beyond). His tapering nose bounces gently. “Its been… an experience so far,” he explains carefully, not sure yet whether he is willing to breach the nature of his arrival - the tiger, the dove and the vexing pale prince. Neither can he share even as much as the name of this region; if he’d been told at all, the memory was blank.
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding
(no need to ask)

Rose
Akumi watched as Noah looked to the mountains and all around. “Yep, Helovia is pretty much all of this and more.” she explained, “There are many other regions to this place, though none I have explored. I plan to at some point though. The Aurora Basin is the only other place I’ve been to besides the World’s Edge and the Threshold. You’ve been there too, the Threshold is on the outskirts of Helovia and its the only way to get in here unless you have wi-“ she stopped mid-sentence realizing her mistake. He did have wings, so that doesn’t necessarily mean he walked here. Shutting her eyes for a moment looking to recover from such a blind statement, she continued. “I mean well if you flew here thats different I suppose.. But if you walked here like me then you would’ve gone through that area.” Though embarrassment at such a careless mistake still lingered, she gave herself praise for possibly saving herself from seeming, well.. not-so-bright.

Her curved ears turned themselves attentively to Noah’s every word. She watched the tiny velvet-like hairs on his lips vibrate and the longer sensory hairs move move about. Looking into his brilliant green eyes, she almost missed the answer to her question. “An island?” Akumi repeated with fascination. She loved beaches but the last time she’d ever touched a hoof to sand was far too long ago for her to fully remember. She still enjoyed looking at them from the World’s Edge atop quite a very large cliff; or edge if you will. Not wanting to rudely pry but feeling the need to cure her ever hungering curiosity she speaks, “Would you mind telling me about it? I’d be very interested to know about such a place, I really love beaches.” Akumi said, hopeful that he might be willing to spread his knowledge to her.

While awaiting an answer Akumi shifted her eyes to look at his wings for a moment that seemed shorter than it actually was. She examined the muscles and bone structure that connected him in such an intricate way. How the feathers grew into the flesh-like area that covered the wings. They looked warm and soft on his body. To her they seemed like a great source of warmth in this somewhat cold place. Thinking about the cold made her noticeably shiver. She was used to the very hot Tallsun climate in the edge but here, Tallsun fighting with the cold region, gave an unfamiliar feeling of chill followed by warmth repeatedly.

She waited patiently for his response for a chance to hear his smooth creamy voice in her ears once more.

Akumi

image credit

______________________________________________________________________________________
@noah OOC: hey guys I’m so sorry it took so long to reply, had family issues :((

Aurora Basin Mare
Angel
They linger, while I (with all the social grace of a tumble weed) waver between wandering off in the opposite direction or (the more unsettling notion) strike a (possibly fruitless, unappreciated) conversation. Possibilities wobble down from the ledge of encouragement. But my subconscious remains uninspired, she yawns and eyes them lazily; offering nothing to aid or deter me. Two toned temples cave while I grind through more mouthfuls of that sweet northern wheat. The cool, evening breeze nudges the high rise of my tail and hindquarters. By the time my jaws had worked that bit of grassy paste down the back of my throat and consumed a second mouthful…a conclusion had been reached. Slowly, I turn in their direction with lazy (seemingly uncaring) steps. Internally, a bargain had been struck.

If they remained long enough for me to wander up then I would approach.

If not....

I toy with my mind, gambling away those spurts of courage on the assumption that they’d surely move on long before my arrival.

Ears tilt, rotating in their bedded swivel. Constantly aware, habitually wary.  All around, there is the constant hum of crickets and the sharp voice of frog’s. They string together a harmony; a wordlessly, comforting melody. Occasionally, the wind brought out the bark of a fox or the faint rustle of a grubby possum. As I snail my way over mounds of abundant green…here comes the whisper of their murmuring. Those distant outlines begin to solidify, strengthening and simultaneously weakening my gamble. Nostrils flare, perplexed…I drink, aiming to pluck their scent.

Surprise unfurls moments later, brightening my expression. Noah?

Intrigue is like the wings of a butterfly, those velvet arms flutter with warm, recognizable fondness. Narrowed eyes settle on the larger, boxier frame of said two. Even before scanning for reassurance...my mind has already fabricated recognition. Though none had been there moments ago. There is no mistaken him. Whatever whispers of doubt remain, they vanquish beneath the assertive quickening of my pulse. A soft, quivering utterance flutters in the back of my throat; his namesake unfurls, climbing into the wind. Stained lips spread into a beam, while these irises reach with clinging fingers, "Noah!" Mini me bolts awake from her dozy, lazing state -- wide eyes fix themselves upon the duo with re-energized interest. These patchwork, twiggy legs respond to the whim of my jittery pulse. Pinions unhinge playfully, drifting a few inches from their sheath as I dance into a light, naive jog.

Riven
Awkwardness begins to dissipate, following the course of daylight into oblivion (for now). The wren (despite a lack of feathers, she twittered and chirped with all of the same gleefulness), is a veteran conversation keeper it seems and despite initial reservations, the silver and gold cannot help but feed off the seemingly endless flare of effervescence; the lead-like feeling of social inefficiency is beginning to bleed away. She is persistent, and Noah’s walls are weak. Perhaps his confidence is helped too, as the last of the horned-ones (at least those dwelling here), vanished. Many words pour from her thin, inky lips, though it is the question left lingering in the conclusion of quiet that calls for response. “Aye, an island,” he smiles quietly, softly and draws a long breath. “It’s just about everything you’d expect from paradise - warmth, sea and soft, powdery white sand. An old volcano sleeps in the centre and sweet grass feed on the fertile slopes… That’s about it, honestly.”

Pensively he sighs, quelling the forecast tide of raw memory as it surges; then he adds, “This isn’t like home…” Rattling nostrils guide long chiselled features through a broad gesturing arc, but the flimsy smile seems to hold. He shrugs those burly winged shoulders as though the homesickness might be shed away. Still she stands there, wrapt, as though spellbound, and Noah shifts restlessly across thick, brawny limbs. Vivid eyes close for a second, taking ease in the isolation and darkness, revelling in a private world of tranquillity; then suddenly the moment is lost...

Long coppery cups slew apart instantly, as from nowhere (he felt), his name rang forth on the wind, “Noah!” A torrent of adrenaline unleashes through his veins and the bright, colourful canvas of coat tingles and flinches visibly in response. There is no mistaking the fluid, eloquent sound of her voice, and though his consciousness reels in protest (the sweet spiral-horned mare waits as though with baited breath before him); he spins upon coiling, taught hindquarters to meet the darling dove. “Nora,” he coos across the distance, the frayed smile forming properly to warm his whole expression. Good decency is not lost as he drinks in the dainty figure of his charge, and he invites her to join them with long feathers unfolding in gesture; he shuffles a little backwards to allow her room. “Akumi,” the boyish note of his voice explains, and whiskers brazenly tempt towards the darkest mare’s shoulder.

The strange, hot musk upon her, riled to wake a deep, dormant desire and his eyes shuddered beneath binding lashes secondarily, before he pulled himself away. “My friend, Nora,” he murmurs heavily afterward, forcing to rest the reckless throb of his pounding heart. The growing weight of evening dulled the glint in his gaze as he turned it back to the splendour of the dove, but he said nothing, instead offering a tender smile of encouragement – he was yet to see her take on the chaos of social engagement, after all.
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding

@Akumi

Rose
Akumi listen’s quietly and attentively as Noah begins to answer her questions. Light wind blew through her hair but with it, carrying the scent of someone else. Not breaking her attention she tilts one ear in the direction of the smell. She hears hoof beats and immediately knows its someone else. “What was this place called?” she asks before she’s interrupted by someone new. She watched as Noah spun upon his haunches to greet her, he knew this mare? His excitement to see her almost made Akumi jealous. She felt her cheeks turn hot until she turned to look at the mare and instantly her look softened.

The innocent face stared back at her with both confidence and insecurity in one. Reading her face she could tell it took a lot for this brown and white beauty to come and talk with the two of them. Noah moves to invite her in and says her name. He gestures to Akumi and lets the longest of his whiskers graze across the skin on her shoulders. She visible shivers that side feeling a warm rush of adrenaline at his light touch. She exhaled warm breath slowly from her nose trying not to let the overwhelming flood of emotion and hormones be noticed. She looks over to him slightly and he doesn’t look the same as he did one second ago. He too was experiencing something, but what, she did not know. Perhaps she didn’t smell very well? Or maybe it was something else equally nasty. Nevertheless, his facial expression disappeared almost as quickly as it came on when he redirected his attention to Nora.

She turned her gaze to the sweetly colored mare and looked into her differently colored eyes with wonder. She couldn’t recall ever seeing anyone else with eyes that shared different colors. “Hello Nora” Akumi spoke sweetly, dipping her horn in greeting. She didn’t know what to think of her. She traced up and down her multi-colored creamy coat. “My name is Akumi. It’s nice to meet you.” she said, mirroring Noah’s smile.

Akumi

image credit

______________________________________________________________________________________
@Nora

Aurora Basin Mare
Angel
Even from afar, my anticipation can sense the melting embrace of his smile rising to meet me. Reaching out with tangible warmth; offering the assumption of encouragement. Unrestrained energy flows abundantly with every stroke and though my feet strike firmly, their light touch is mercifully soft upon the ground. Behind me, my dock rises to banner a tri fold of silk from the downcast position it usually hung. The lingering echo of self-doubt is squelched by his presence – Noah had a way of stirring my fledgling courage awake. Though, the sharp fang of anxiety couldn’t be entirely forgotten. As I close the distance, these lips answer his call with a smile, “hi!”

Sliding in – following his instruction via body language – my eyes shift naturally to Noah’s dark, shapely companion. An informal (instant) opinion begins to form. She (like my eagle) is blessed with height; her body is painted like the shiny, burning rock of my volcanic host…the one who’d held me in captivity. No…my subconscious murmurs, openly denying the negative resemblance…and swapping for a positive one. She that tiny voice whispers, captures the essence of midnight and the harvest moon. Irises dance upward, tracing the spiral dagger sprouting from the center of her face. The presence of horns has never been an oddity for me; however, the absence of feathered bloodlines…

His voice pulls upon my focus and derails me – optics spare a glance Noah's way, ears sway forward to absorb that surrendered name. Akumi. Mini me toys with it, testing the sound upon her silent lips before offering it back. When Akumi speaks, I only understand the first utterance – but her body language is enough to decipher the intention, "Akumi," though her name seems to come easily, my soft voice betrays itself by wavering and treading lightly with my self-confidence, "hello." The top of my head dips, taking cue from her to mimic...replicate.

A northern gale races over the plain, ruffling the grass near these legs and dragging long fingers down the lax arch of my arms. Mane and tail are both thrown into a sideways sweep. I tilt my head, aiming (and failing) to redirect those loose strands aside. A flash of tawny gold – irises tilt up, looking behind Akumi to find the source of color. Sitting amid the layers of red…a feather? Temples narrow while a new layer of bemusement is added to the growing heap.

There was no mystery as to the owner of said pinion...but why would anyone wear feather? What practical use did it have? Uselessly…my subconscious frowns and throws out (what she deems is) a logical solution. It has to be a formality. Trading feathers could be a way to show someone's willingness for a future friendship.

Go ahead, mini me whispers, reading my thoughts, be polite. Spurred by the desire to somehow stand upon the best foot possible, I pull my left wing forward and turn to rid the branch of two chocolate quills (both are semiplumes.)

OC: -head-desk- I'm so so so sorry for the wait ;-;
@Noah

Riven
It is fleeting hunger - a frustrated star, shooting through the crowded night sky - and though his thoughts leap frantically towards it, that carnal sting, the tantalising heat which flared so freakishly inside has already been lost. Noah misses it instantly, and while the potent ring of male hormone drains from his veins, brazen pools of sea-blue search the dainty, darling body of the painted dove for another trigger of the same – she has become a refuge for him, easily as much as he is one to her.

The bright note of the crimson-haired voice above the pound of his own heart, pulls the distracted stallion suddenly into the present; she greets his charge amicably, with a smile that encourages her forward. The delicate-hearted creature, the timidest of does, has progressed from the suffocating shell of her self-impressed isolation, and comes into the glaringly public world of airs and graces (and stupid, presumptuous ‘princes’), with threads of her silken flag swung high. The sheer lightness of her step and the embodiment of innocence he saw, struck a chord in his humming heart that might ordinarily have spurred his nose to drift and touch in welcome; his face wais in place, however, perched upon a tall, vertical crest, as he knows such a gesture will be less than well received.

As she slides in beside them, the third (tiny) point of a triangle, Noah feels the breadth between burly shoulders tighten; he cannot step down from his guardian role, will not rest, even as the face that stares nonchalantly upon them feeds no reason to bristle. He wants to tell her in the seconds which follow, how wonderful it was to see her out in the sunlight; that the golden-red glow of this day’s final kiss, enhances so perfectly the caramel, cream combination of her coat. Instead he smiles softly, simply and looks back to Akumi. ”She doesn’t get out much,” he explains only briefly.
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding
(no need to ask)