the Rift

[PRIVATE] my baby gunned me down

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

I pause in the overhanging shadow of the archway, as if to let Mordecai pass by me, and into the valley, to get a good first look.  Really, it’s a defensive position, and blocks one immediate exit, because, though it’s been small talk on the way back from our usual, Heart Cave activities, I’ve been quietly plotting the rest out in my head along the way.  By the rest, I mean the ugly truth of what had become of, so far, anyway, the worst year of my life.

"Hey, Mordecai, look," I say, using common, because I suck at Dothraki, and this is important; accidentally calling something a buttock because I’d chosen the wrong word from memory, for instance, would help nothing.  She got mad enough when I fucked up her native tongue when the topic wasn’t upsetting to begin with.  "Before we go in and I show you around, I have to tell you something.  And I don’t think you’re going to like it."

Swallowing, I man up, earning an approving glance from Duir.  It does little to ease the trembling inside me that I’m about to receive a sizeable ass kicking.

"I…  I have a daughter.  Her name is Gwyn," I begin, which isn’t that alarming, in and of itself, because lots of people have daughters at my age; it’s the timeline that I cement with my words that I’m pretty sure will set the tempestuous magpie off, because we technically hadn't broken anything off yet (and might very well have recently been, you know, involved) at the time of my daughter's conception, "and she was born at the end of Tallsun."

Bracing for acid magic, or worse, I leave it at that, letting Mordecai ask whatever questions she has (if she chooses words over violence).

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Mordecai Posts: 77
Aurora Basin Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

The only herd land Mordecai had ever been in was the Dragon's Throat so she really wasn't sure what to expect. Her first observance as she passed by Rikyn to get a good first look at the valley was that there was no sand. Instead there was ice and snow that served as a reminder that Frostfall was right around he corner. Her feathers puffed as an icy wind bit into her flesh. This also caused her to turn and regard Rikyn -- he had brought her to an icy hellhole that she was ill prepared to weather.

He spoke up and for a moment Mordecai thought it was because he'd seen tge accusation in her eyes. But no, it was something else entirely. She frowned, wondering what he had to tell her that she wouldn't like. She didn't have to wonder long before he spilled tge beans about having a daughter. The first thing she felt was a stab of jealousy that was, for the most part, unfounded. They had never been official. Then there was a sense of relief that someone else had been cursed with Rikyn's child and not her.

But then there was the timeframe to consider. She said nothing as she did the math in her head, figuring out that the conception of Rikyn's child was around the time that they had been involved. But had they been official? Again, no. But that didn't make her not want to focus her acid magic on a certain part of his male anatomy.

It was easy to see the anger that bubbled just below the surface, and anyone that knew her well enough would expect the bite of acid to grip their insides. But just as quickly as it bubbled up, Mordecai hid it beneath a mask of indifference. "Hasn't anyone told you about pulling out before you finish to avoid having children?" She sneered, instead.

"."

Translation:

MORDECAI

maybe life is nothing more than a curse inside the blessed
i'll fight this bloody war with every strangled breath
credits

@Rikyn
the emptiness that we confess in the dimmest hour of day
in Automatown they make a sound like the low sad moan of prey

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

Before I even say anything, she’s already pissed. Wondering what I’ve done without doing anything, I decide that I might as well forge on. Can’t lose out much more ground than I seemingly already have, just be showing up with her, judging by the hardness of that scowl she presents me with.

What is more impressive about Mordecai than her temper is how mean she can look. What seems like an impossibly frustrated expression grows even harder and colder, until it’s almost physically painful to meet her black eyes, endless as starless voids of space.

Get a cloak, I’d tell her, if I knew she was cold, and I have other things prepared for her outrage at my infidelity to her, having met a large majority of women who, for whatever reason, thought men grew permanent tethers when they slept with someone (never mind that my heart thud-thuds with a headiness that is directly related to having done just that with Mordecai, defying my frustrated, pre-logic). When she instead insults me, not mad at all that I’d slept with someone else, but that I’d, what, impregnated her? I’m not sure how to react.

"I don’t regret it, if that’s what you’re hoping to goad out of me," I sharply retort, my head lifting proudly, despite all the tremulous fears that rise to mind when I think of the responsibility that is to come, when it comes to Gwyn. I tuck my insecurities away, and instead, like I seem to always do, when it comes to Mordecai, I stoop to jabbing at her feelings. Maybe it sounds cruel, and it would be, if I did it to anyone else, but the magpie either doesn’t have feelings like most people, or they’re so encased in steel that I’m not sure I’ve never seemed to make my way through to them with anything I’ve said to her. She just throws a dagger back, and it usually meets its mark, in every way my weakly tempered blades deflect off of her emotional armor. "Maybe you’re just jealous that I didn’t make her with you."

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Mordecai

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).