the Rift

[THROAT] oh brother, where art thou?

Saartjie Posts: 11
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 3
ali
Saartjie

Helovia was much, much colder than the first time she had crossed over the borders with her dearest brother. The wind that blew through the trees was cold and biting, holding with it the promise of a miserably cold winter.  Saartjie had worked up a sweat during her travel and now, as the wind bit mercilessly into her flesh, making her shiver, she wished that she had taken her time instead of rushing back.

The only question was where he could be.

When she had left Helovia he had been a member of the Dragon's Throat ... at least she thought that was where he had been. Honestly at that point she hadn't been too bothered with knowing where he was because she'd been upset with him for several reasons that she couldn't be bothered to remember right then.

Anyhow, with her temperament and her penchant for revenge and flings it hadn't taken much convincing for her to run off with a stallion she hardly knew. A whirlwind romance, some would call it, and they would be correct. It had been fun and exciting at the beginning. But then the excitement waned and the attraction dissipated and once that was gone Saartjie became bored. It was her boredom, she would have everyone believe, that made her leave the stallion behind and go back to Helovia.

Truth be told -- and she would deny it -- she had missed Sunjata and had craved the warmth, protection, and love that he offered her so easily.

An equally irritated and exhausted sigh slipped past the petite mare's lips as she stood, vulnerable, in the Threshold. She hadn't been in Helovia long enough to truly explore and figure out where everything was, and now that she was back she didn't know which way to go to even start looking for Sunjata. She wanted to be annoyed at him because he wasn't standing in the forest awaiting her return -- as he had always done in Dorobo --, but that was completely and totally ridiculous now. With a snort and a roll of her eyes she picked a direction -- west -- and started walking.

Text.
"."

image | bckg

@Sunjata

Sunjata Posts: 69
Dragon's Throat Sleuth atk: 4.5 | def: 10 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Andikan :: Nile Crocodile :: Scream Skylark
he had been someone, before the fall.
Despite having been working on making a name for himself, and perhaps his futile attempts at a bed to lay in, Sunjata almost never stopped thinking of his sister. The way he had offered her to return to his embrace in the Throat and how she had seemingly vanished since then. They had their ups and downs, as always, perhaps a few more downs than ups as of late. But the blue bird loved her, and hoped that perhaps she might realize it and return.

His attempts at searching the Threshold almost always came up empty, and he was honestly about to trudge to every other herdland and ask for her in hopes that she might have claimed refuge somewhere other than where he had been looking. But he hadn’t. Instead, the man chose to search the Threshold one last time. Anxiously, his stomach churned as he flew over the treetops, the cold wind ruffling his feathers and causing a shiver to run down his spine. His flight grew slightly wobbly as his gaze remained watching the breaks in the trees for any sign of color, or life.

And then, as he regained his flight, the man saw her. At first, he wasn’t sure it was her, flattening his wings and body to dive closer to the earth, and as he approached he couldn’t contain the happy whinny that escaped his darkened lips. “Saartjie!” His thickly accented voice shrieked out toward his sibling as he came barreling down from the sky. He had practiced his flight recently, and managed to land without too much trouble, but it did cause a rather large thud sound and a sharp grunt to leave his lips as his hooves met the earth.

He had landed slightly behind her, but immediately folded his wings and turned, hurrying himself up to her to make sure she was real and not some sort of mirage or trick played on his mind. “is dit regtig jy?” He cooed to her, stopping a few feet away, navy rimmed ears perked forward entirely hopeful, silently waiting.

"Talk."

is dit regtig jy? - is it really you?

sunjata
image credits  ||  coding

@Saartjie

Pixel by bronzehalo.deviantart.com
Force/Magic permitted so long as it doesn't permanently harm him.
Please tag in every post!

Saartjie Posts: 11
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 3
ali
Saartjie

"Saartjie!"

Her gaze was immediately drawn toward the sky and she stood and watched as her brother's blue form streaked through the sky. He looked as though he were falling and for a moment Saartjie wondered if her sudden reappearance -- and beauty -- had made her poor brother faint. The shifting of his wings and legs was enough to suggest otherwise, which was only mildly disappointing.

Saartjie turned as Sunjata landed behind her, the force of it made her own legs ache. All this time and he still has not learned to land properly She thought, one ear tilting back as she regarded her brother's muscular form. "Jy moet leer om meer grasieus te land." She finally spoke, her tone pleasant despite the fact that she was scolding Sunjata. "Jy gaan uiteindelik jou bene breek." And then what would she do? What would he do?

The coloful mare's ears tilted forward when Sunjata asked if it was really her. "Wie anders sou dit wees?" She asked simply, a small smile curving the corners of her mouth. "Het jy my misgeloop, liefde?" And she walked forward, closing whatever gap Sunjata had left between them. Her neck stretched as she reached to run her muzzle along Sunjata's neck, while simultaneously tucking herself against his chest, where she belonged.

Text.
"Het jy my misgeloop, liefde?"

Translation:
Jy moet leer om meer grasieus te land - you must learn to land more gracefully
Jy gaan uiteindelik jou bene breek - you're going to end up breaking your legs
Wie anders sou dit wees - who else would it be
Het jy my misgeloop, liefde - did you miss me, love?

image | bckg

Sunjata Posts: 69
Dragon's Throat Sleuth atk: 4.5 | def: 10 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Andikan :: Nile Crocodile :: Scream Skylark
he had been someone, before the fall.
Perhaps the idea of her being a mirage wasn’t so far-fetched. He did, after all, spend so many days surrounded by desert that it might have got into his brain that she was there when she really wasn’t. So the question was truthful as it left his lips. Still, she turned to him, and he quivered slightly in his spot. As the words left her lips in their native tongue, an amused grin left his lips as a velvet chuckle escaped. “Ek is nie met genade gebore soos jy gewees het nie.” He grinned to her, happy and wholesome.

She then spoke in response to his question, stepping forward to where the blue bird could smell the familiar scent of her as she stretched her muzzle along his neck, tucking herself into him. “My liefste, pragtige suster. Ag, hoe het ek jou gemis.” He rumbled to her, tucking his head down to pull her close, his wings extending to cover them gently. His one metal wing band glinted in the light as it crossed over his shoulder to let his electric blue feathers brush by her back.

Kom huis toe saam met my? Ek kan nie staan om aleen hier van jou te dink nie.” He pulled away slightly as he asked, his icy eyes softening with a small hint of happiness deep within their pools. He tried to search her face, to look into her gaze in the hopes she would join the family he had grown to be quite fond of back in the south.

"Talk."

Ek is nie met genade gebore soos jy gewees het nie. - I wasn’t born with grace, as you had been.
My liefste, pragtige suster. Ag, hoe het ek jou gemis. - My darling, beautiful sister. Oh how I’ve missed you.
Kom huis toe saam met my? Ek kan nie staan om alleen hier van jou te dink nie. - Come home with me? I can’t stand to think of you out here alone.

sunjata
image credits  ||  coding

@Saartjie

Pixel by bronzehalo.deviantart.com
Force/Magic permitted so long as it doesn't permanently harm him.
Please tag in every post!