the Rift

[OPEN] What the mountain did [EARTH GOD]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Although Isopia's mind was firmly rooted in the the wisdom of the Moon Goddess, as she trekked towards the Veins there was no other God before her own Father in the forefront of her mind. It wasn't only because the magic she sought to replace that which she had given up was rooted firmly in his realm, but because it only seemed natural. He was her father after all, and if she was going to ask anyone for assistance, shouldn't it be him?

Her cape billowed against her flanks, highliting just how far along her pregnancy currently was. She would probably give birth in a week or two, and despite her mind's insistence to be strong throughout this process, already her body felt as though it just wanted to give up, lay down, and sleep until her child was born.

Or children, she thought to herself. She might not have made it to term with the last life she carried, but this one felt so different that she was convinced there had to be more than one little body inside of herself. That, or she was going to give birth to a giant. Which, given her and Volterra's sizes was not entirely impossible. 

Wearily and with dark circles beneath her eyes, Isopia made her way to her Father's shrine. Without even realizing she was doing it, she dusted off some of the debris that littered the ancient stones, took a breath, and waited.

Using a VOTG pass to quest for: 

:: [Magic: earthxwater | Can summon rain]

isopia

in places deep with roots entwined
i live among you, well disguised

Image Credits

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

THE INDOMITABLE

He's not following her, really. He just....happens to be in the same place as her, at the same time, thanks to the keen eyes of his dragons who have certainly not been asked to track her movements and alert him if she falls into danger. It's not stalking, not technically, it's merely pre-planned coincidence. Vérzés thinks his bonded's sudden burst of overprotectiveness is endearing; Vadir thinks it's hilarious.

Regardless of his companions' opinions on his behaviour, the Indomitable just happens to be in the Veins at the same time as a very rotund Isopia. He thinks with amusement of his horror the first time he saw a pregnant mare, and remembers his disgust bordering on despair for the fact that nature had done something so wicked to such a beautiful creature. His opinions have changed now, and he can't help but think a woman in bloom is more stunning than anything else on earth. Isopia is radiant, and he takes a moment to silently admire her for her strength and fortitude in continuing to move around despite her condition. Volterra himself is prone to passing out in a food coma if he eats too much and his belly feels like it's full of rocks - only the Gods know how the Mountain can still move around with something the size of a buffalo inside her.

There's a fleck of concern in the titan's eyes as he sees Isopia move towards the Earth God's altar. Maybe him being here isn't the best idea...the great deity has always been gentle and kind with him before, even in light of the last time he impregnated the Mountain, but he's still a tad concerned that Father Earth might disapprove of Volterra once again taking his daughter into his bed. The Indomitable would not like to see the earthen God angry - he imagines that such anger may take the form of boulders dropped from the sky, or earthen spikes 'accidentally' driven upwards into one's backside. All the same, he schools his face into neutrality and moves alongside Isopia, snorting to announce his presence then seeking to press his muzzle gently into her neck. "Are you here to tell your father the news?" The giantess might have other reasons for being here, but he's pretty sure the God will notice his daughter's greatly increased girth.

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia is surprised at Volterra's arrival here. Wasn't he working to complete his quest? Silently she wondered if part of his hurry was to have whatever it was her Father promised him before the baby (or babies) arrived. But that he is here? He needed sand and a volcanic rock, neither of which would be found in the veins.

>>Looking after you<<, Hubris whispered into her mind, patting her neck gently and re-shuffling her cloak around her shoulders as she turns to face him. Her golden eyes take him in, please that he is here and indifferent when it comes to Hubris' suggestion that he is here to watch over her. There is so much that this pregnancy has opened up between them, and Isopia isn't always sure how to deal with the emotional implications. She doesn't need to be watched or looked after, and although the sentiment is nice, she can't help but feel slightly confined.

Even so, she is glad to see him.

"I hadn't thought of that. I just assumed he already knew." She begins, a small smile on her lips. "I was actually going to speak to him about the magic which was removed by the mountain. It feels...odd to have an open 'slot', so to speak. I feel as though I am not whole. I thought he would have a suggestion as to how to best fill it."

isopia

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

THE INDOMITABLE

The idea that her father already knows is a rather alarming one. Heavens, what if he was watching? Volterra had never considered before the sheer reach of the Gods' omniscience, that they could theoretically watch the denizens of Helovia doing....well, that. It's a notion that he quickly shunts from his head, suppressing a shudder as he does so and trying to reassure himself that the Gods have better things to do than practice voyeurism.

Generally, the beast's mind is not particularly vulgar, but he can't help smirking slightly at Isopia's comments about her open slot. He does manage to refrain from commenting, albeit with extreme difficulty. The mare reveals that she's here to quest for a new magic to fill this, ahem, open slot of hers and Volterra's great head tilts with interest. "Have you no ideas yourself of what you might like?" He'd always liked Isopia's magic for the similarities it had to his own - they could create structures, albeit hers had the ability to exude heat. He's thankful that at least the mountain did not take her raven-shifting from her, else his Hungarian nickname for her would be null and void.

He casts a sidelong glance to the Earth God's shrine. Choosing an magic is a whole new world to him, as his structures and his golems had simply been blessed upon him and his cerberus had come from a none-specific request to be able to transform into something beastly. He'd certainly got his wish, but he can't help wondering what he'd have chosen if he stood here in Isopia's situation, with a whole world of magical possibilities at his fingertips. It's exciting, if a little daunting.

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

Isopia's mind is far to stunted when it comes to innuendos to pick up on the sexual reference her statement caused, or else she might have wondered why Volterra had helf back. Certainly his mind worked that way. Instead, she simply listened and then turned her golden eyes skyward as she considered his question.

"I've always liked the rain.." She murmurs thoughtfully, looking into the cloudless sky and wondering what it might be like to call forth a shower of water whenever she felt like it. "I could use it to grow the earth around me ... and perhaps living in the Throat, that would prove useful." She cocks an eyebrow at him, as if to demonstrate that she is thinking long-term about her stay in the throat, rather than considering it merely a layover while their child grows. "I've always felt more connected to the land, but my Father controls water too. It might be nice to experience that more."

isopia

Image Credits

THE INDOMITABLE

It doesn't often occur to him that the Earth God has control over water as well as earth. He supposes this other element is somewhat overshadowed by the raw power and splendour of earth, with its multitude of possibilities and monstrous physical appeal. What can really be done with water?

Isopia's idea isn't one Volterra would personally have chosen - it's not offensive enough for his liking, not something that would aid his quest to become the greatest warrior ever to exist - but he does pick up on the fact that it implies a long-term stay in the Throat. He can't help the smile that spreads across his face, as he'd been wondering whether the Mountain would remain with him only long enough for their child to become self-sufficient before returning to the Edge. Choosing a magic that will help the Throat, however, hints at something more lengthy, and that thrills the onyx beast right to his core.

"That could be useful. In Tallsun especially, the vegetation is scarce within the Throat." That had initially been part of the reason why he disliked it so much when he joined, but it's now grown to be part of its innate appeal to him. Only the hardiest horses could survive in such conditions, and the foal of the Mountain and the Indomitable will grow strong under the scorching sun. Volterra glances between Isopia and the shrine, eagerly awaiting the Earth God's arrival even as his heart does hammer slightly faster than usual.

image credits

Needing offensive magic is another aspect of Isopia'd godly heritage that she overlooks. After all, with the blood of a deity diluting her veins and making her implicitly stronger, she's never once had to be strategic in her thinking.

If she was more aware, she might wonder if Volterra has ever been bitter about this aspect of her lineage.

"In sparring against those who cannot fly," She continued with a slight rise and fall of her slender shoulders, "if I could muddy the ground around them, it would make it even more difficult for them. Rain could act as camouflage while I fly, as well." See? She can think offensively too. Though truthfully, she really does just enjoy the rain.

"He usually doesn't take this long." Isopia observes, turning her gaze to the dilapidated shrines. Her mind races thinking of all the many reasons that her Father might be kept away from her. Does it have something to do with his siblings? With Kaos? Is he attending to another?

isopia

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

Perhaps it wasn’t his place to do so, seeing as how The Mountain That Knows had come to his shrine for a reason, but the Earth God purposefully delayed his appearance when Volterra arrived. Not out of a want to avoid The Indomitable, of course, but out of a desire to give them a moment together. His daughter was changing a little - and while softer might not be the most accurate term, he did not fail to notice that she was growing.

These thoughts were in regards to her mind and it was with delight that the Earth noticed his daughter had been growing a little physically as well as of late.

His arrival was heralded by the spread of some small, low-lying plants by his altar before he appeared before the pair. Though still weary - his under-eye circles matching those of his daughter - the smile that he greeted them both with was bright and genuine. “Isopia, Volterra.” He spoke both of their names as a warm greeting. “Congratulations are in order for the both of you, I see, for the start of your young family.” From the demeanour of both father and mother, this pregnancy was faring much better than the last had - a fact that the God was most grateful for.

But, as had already been stated, his daughter hadn’t come here today to share in the news. His kind eyes focused on Isopia when he spoke again. “And a new magic as well. You seek to summon the rain?” Posed as a question, for though he had overheard some of their conversation he wanted to clarify her intentions.

God of the Earth
Image Credits

THE INDOMITABLE

It is a sign of the Mountain's intelligence that she can see beyond the simple meaning of her magic into something that could be used in battle. Volterra doesn't have that ability - if it's not blowing something up, or crafting flaming beasts from stone, or erupting a spike of earth beneath a foe, or shifting into a three-headed hell-beast, or any of those sorts of blatantly offensive magics, then he can't see how to make it be offensive. Unlike him, Isopia can see the subtleties and can see how her rain could be just as useful in battle as Volterra's golems or structures, and he can't hide the smile of admiration for her.

As much as he doesn't wish to say it, the Earth God's untimeliness is concerning to him, too. He remembers the circles beneath the deity's eyes last time Volterra met with him, and his avoidance of the question when the Indomitable asked how he was. Could he have fallen foul to Kaos' dastardly plans? The beast prays not, and it comes as a considerable relief when the God materialises in front of him.

Volterra knows he needn't have worried about the massive man's reaction, but he can't help the spasm of relief when the God offers his congratulations. "Thank you, Father Earth....or should that be Grandfather Earth?" It's unlike the stoic warlord to be so cheeky, but there's no way for him to stifle the warm grin or the glow of happiness in his eyes as he glances between Isopia's bulky sides and her esteemed sire. He falls silent, knowing that this is about her request for power and not his.

image credits

Of course, just as she opens her mouth to comment on his tardiness, her Father appears. Isopia's death-marked face is neutral as the God greats them both, and, as she had correctly assumed, he does indeed know about her pregnancy. The lack of surprise on his features confirms that he is not learning about this fact just now, but indeed knew previously. Before even Isopia did, perhaps.

"I suppose so." Isopia agrees, holding her breath for a moment to see if the deity will comment on what happened last time she was pregnant with Volterra's child. He doesn't however, and Isopia exhales with a smile tugging at the edges of her lips.

As her Father mentions the rain, Isopia's ears swivel forward and her quad-horned skull moves up and down decisively. "The rain is not just a sum of the water which falls.." Drawing a breath, Isopia tries to use the magic she already has to mimic the rain. However it falls in clumps and clearly comes from a source, unlike natural rain. She raises her eyes to her Father to see if he understands what she is gesturing towards. "My knowledge of the earth is complex, but my knowledge of this other aspect of you is less so. I would change that. And since one of your mountains removed magic from me, I thought this an opportune time."

isopia

Image Credits

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The God laughed an easy, rumbling laugh at Volterra’s comment about being Grandfather Earth. “That title suits me, I think.” Though some of his thoughts are indeed on what Isopia had done the last time she was pregnant, the smiles - however small - present on the faces of the to-be parents are enough cause for him to not remind them of the past. He is happy to linger with them in the present, his heart full with the idea of a growing family.

But, of course, they hadn’t come here to discuss their upcoming children - Isopia sought magic. He nodded along with his daughter’s reasoning, it seemed to make sense to him. Though he might not always agree with the way Isopia’s logic worked, on rain and magic they were of similar minds and he was pleased to see her take an interest in learning about the other half of the magic he represented. She demonstrated her current abilities with water, but they were to create shapes, not rain, and he nodded thoughtfully when he felt her gaze upon him again.

The god then turned his head away from them and seemed to pluck something from one of his wings - but when he turned back it was not a feather in his mouth. Instead, it was a ball of deep green moss only about 2 inches in diameter. He let go of it and instead of dropping to the ground it floated gently towards Isopia as the Earth God explained. “Not all rains are created equal, there is something different in each. Take this ball of moss with you when you leave here and leave it out in the rain across Helovia - expose it to the different rains that fall on the earth. It will grow after each watering and when it is full, bring it back to me.”

God of the Earth
Image Credits

Isopia must take the ball of moss and have it soak up rain in 5 different places across Helovia!
Return the saturated moss ball to the Earth God to complete the quest

Sometimes Isopia felt that the quests her Father gave out were merely ritualistic; that they served no real purpose other than an exchange of effort for the magic asked for. Go collect this stone or that stone.. her Father would sometimes demand. But surely he didn't actually require those items in order to give magic? And even if he did, surely it would be much easier for him to acquire them himself. In this instance however, as the demigoddess looked at the small mound of moss, she could imagine some of the logic behind his request. The moss was probably not an important part of all of this - more symbolic she assumed - but learning about different types of precipitation seemed to make sense given the magic she was asking for.

"I can do that."

Isopia's golden eyes looked up to the sky. Although it was not raining now, this was Orangemoon and the demigoddess didn't think she'd have much trouble finding different types of rain to soak the moss in. "I will return shortly." Glancing towards Volterra, the Mountain waited to see if the ruby-eyed man had anything further to add to the conversation before making their way back to the Throat.

isopia

Image Credits

THE INDOMITABLE

He is content to stand in silence as Isopia and her father converse. Taking the time to just be near her, basking in the warm glow of her pregnancy, is enough to satisfy the mammoth man, and the fact his favourite God is nearby doesn't hurt either. Father Earth sets Isopia her quest, and Volterra glances at her to try and gauge her reaction to it. Like his own, it seems rather straightforward, yet the Indomitable knows that things may not always be as they seem. He'd never considered the notion of different types of rain before, and wonders whether the God actually needs these things to give the necessary magic or whether he just sets them to test the resolve of the wannabe magic-wielder.

The giantess moves to take her leave, and the Sultan dips his head respectfully to the God as he, too, prepares to go. "Until next time, Father Earth," he rumbles, then moves beside Isopia away from the Veins. He has his own quest to work on, not to mention many preparations to make for their child to be born.

image credits