the Rift

pulling heaven down [open]

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

This magic wasn't exactly an easy thing to master, but the yearling colt couldn't and wouldn't let that deter him from it. Often times the amount of concentration that went into creating something as large as a whole world, as he liked to call it, left his head aching and his vision a little fuzzy. He was going to make himself blind trying to do it and then what good would that be? No good at all. He snorted and focused his attention on the sound of the waves crashing against the shore and the feel of the water lapping at his hooves. He let the sounds carry him away as he began to focus his magic on a completely new creation.

The beach morphed very slowly from the isolated, peaceful place he was standing to a place rank with the stench of death and decay. Bloated bodies lay strewn about the blood-soaked sand, the water that lapped at his hooves was no longer pristine, but tinted red with the spilled blood of warriors and innocent victims.

A smile curled the colt's lips as he gazed fondly at his creation. Varath would be proud, but his brash brother was no where in sight. His pale, blue tipped tail slapped against his thigh as he turned and began to walk along the beach he created. There were still problems with his illusion, he knew, and he would have to work on it. When he stepped on a corpse it did not squish like it should have. He simply stepped through it. As the illusion wore on the scent of decay began to grow faint. He needed to work on holding his illusions out for longer so they would be more terrifying.

The colt stopped and looked down at one of the bloated corpses that belonged to this world. He concentrated then lifted a hoof and slammed it down on the thing's head. There was the sound of crunching bones and the thing that had once been an equine's head was now nothing more than a pile of bones and brain. The problem was that there was not enough gore. Another thing he would have to work on if he were to perfect his art.

Credits

Icon by Tay

Keres Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

KERES

The ocean calmed the restless that stirred in her bones, nestled in her blackened soul, and roused her inner monsters. It was home. The smell of brine and seaweed reminded her of the fond times she'd spent in Ultima, an underwater cave within Anarore but best of all exclusive to unicorns. She recalled fondly meeting the spectre that was her magnificent grandfather and how she'd been such a rage-consumed shrieking child. Those days had long faded... and Keres had matured into something delicate and beautiful but double-edged - an insidious serpent, a perilous siren but most importantly dangerous!

Her luminous eyes travelled the length of the beach... to the spot where the sand was stained red, red, red! The lingered on the waterlogged corpses and settled pointedly on the yearling that manifested such atrocities, ones that made her hunger for the destruction she witnessed. Only... it wasn't real. 'It seems real.' the chrome sylph thought with wonderment as she observed the way the colt's foot melded into one of his random corpse's.

She wasn't stupid. She knew the workings of magic when she came across it... and this boy possessed rather potent skills. Illusions and they were frighteningly real. So real that she could smell the tang of rust and salt on the air intermingled with the scents of the ocean. "A pretty parlour trick, pet." the witch purred as she sauntered towards him her locomotion swingy, her posture held with a feline prowess. Her sickly sweet eyes drifted to the unreal mess he'd made about his hooves as a smile curled the ends of her lips.

It was unbeknownst to Keres that what stood before her was in fact an abomination, mixed blood, and something she despised. Something her very blood despised. She could only see the unicorn and his lovely gift, a gift she could use.

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Image: vnjxbc.png]
Svetlana the Stormchaser
'There was something more about her, something that screamed a greater destiny.' - Evers the Able

I like to be moving. For one thing, walking around does not strengthen my wings as flying does, even when the day is sweet and the thermals are warm. For another, on the ground when is susceptible to all kinds of danger, whereas up here the only danger I need to fear is weather. But only a very young or very pitiful pegasus would not know of weather patterns, which I probably know better than myself. Rain, torquing winds, wind repeats, downwards winds, thermals, rains, wrinkles and bobbies, too-loo-toos and heh-la-doos. I angle my wings, miniscule muscles delicately repositioning each feather to create the perfect slope as I head towards the ocean in a downwards spiral. I'm already below most downdrafts, so I needn't fear being sucked towards the earth in a heart-breakingly quick descent.

Black eyes glimpse as the long strip of beach suddenly becomes red-stained, corpse-strewn, a terrifying but familiar sight to me, who, despite my young age, is very much a war veteran. Wings flare back, primaries adjust, my body strains to pull against the force of gravity. My hooves sink into red sand. I can almost hear the crows' call, the gore-crows feeding on the dead warriors. The land's disgusting, and I pick my way around each dead animal carefully, although I'm fairly certain this is an illusion. I've never encountered an illusionist- they've always been held with some suspicion in my eyes. How can one cast magic? How would they know if they were in an illusion?

Whoever this is, is good enough, although the blood-salt smell is soon replaced with wet-salt stench. I rustle black wings, somewhat annoyed, wanting to find out the soldier who plays with illusions. I do not approve of this kind of magic. To find the fear inside one's head, spin and twist it and create it, is not fair battle. It's unhonorable, although I suppose it does have its uses. Nevertheless, I distrust it. I search, quickly plucking out two living forms in this battle-field illusion. One's a big boy, maybe two hands taller than me, closer than one. White unicorn, painted with sweet baby blues. The other is a mare, lustrous shining silver, violet mane and tail. I rustle my wings, eyes narrowing. Both of them don't look... No split judgements. Go, say hello, then leave if you want.

"You know, illusionist, you can practice on me." I had intended to greet, but instead I offered my mind. What the fuck?

""

Image Credit: venomxbaby (when downsized, signature become somewhat unreadable)

There was another set of steps shuffling through the sand that was not his own. The colt's gaze rose from the mess he'd made on the ground to the lovely mare that slinked his way. He blinked as he watched her, his concentration momentarily broken and the world beginning to fade. Very abruptly his eyes narrowed and the world surrounding them snapped back into focus. He wondered what this mare was afraid of, if she was afraid of anything at all. She was very bold to approach someone who was practicing magic.

Maybe fire? Dragons? Drowning? Unicorns might like to associate with water, but they couldn't very well breathe under it.

The waves crashed harder against the shore in this world he'd created. Tendrils of water reached further up, caressing his fetlocks before it continued to rise. It took immense concentration to make it feel like the water was actually rising, to make it feel like the water was actually wet. It rose past his hocks and continued to rise and the young colt never broke eye contact with the unicorn mare. He never noticed the pegasus that landed on the beach and begun her search for him.

Red stained water covered his back and continued to rise, stopping just below his chin. Finally, he grinned cheekily at the mare before waves crashed over them and the water rose above their heads. He continued to watch her, wondering if she would think she was drowning.

Credits

Icon by Tay

Unregistered

KERES

The arrival of the pegasus caused the slender creature's head to lift, for her eyes to harden and cast a stony glare her way. This was no place for the pigeon amidst she, the Serpent's daughter. Her distaste was pantomime in an ugly display: her twin ears slicked back against her poll, her nostrils flared as she snorted the stench of the sky rat from her nose, and her leonine tail lashing behind her. She was about to drive the insolent thing off when she felt a coolness seep up around her fetlocks. It rose along the length of her legs, her chest, her dainty neck...

It stank like scaly fish and barnacles, blood and gore.

She was nauseated when she tore her acrimonious gaze from the pegasus mare and the water now crept up the flat surface of her cheeks. She raised her head to keep her muzzle above the surface but she could feel it now: panic's iron fist punching the air from her lungs that made room for the water to infiltrate. "You..." 'daring little brat!' her phrase cut off as the colt grinned cheekily at her and the wave crashed over her head.

'Not real, not real!' she tried to remember the way the trickster's foot had fallen through his creation but the illusion didn't feel like the lie she knew it was. Salt stung her eyes and she choked, sputtered, snarled as she lunged for the lucid bastard with outstretched hooves eager to beat against his chest though the movement was slow. Suspended. Clearly, his parents had never spanked him a day in his rotten life! It was no problem! She would rectify their mistake...

If she didn't faint from asphyxiation first.

Unregistered
[Image: vnjxbc.png]
Svetlana the Stormchaser
'There was something more about her, something that screamed a greater destiny.' - Evers the Able

I watch from some distance as the tide seems to roar up, engulfing the two forms. I know it is an illusion, and I know that child must be a true little brat to be faking drowning. It goes against every fiber of my being to watch the magic-doer work, and I sigh softly through gray lips. Black feathers rustle in annoyance as I approach, avoiding the water plundering what seems to be life from the mare's limbs. If I were to have children, I would teach them proper respect and honorable actions, not let them scare horses to death! I stop near the edge of the wall of salty water. I can see the two forms sucked in it, little sculptures embedded in flickering blue.

Oh yes, it is very real. I cautiously poke my muzzle through. Instantly, water is tingling on my whiskers, pooling on me. I withdraw, eyes narrowing to find the insolent brat who walks around as if he owns the very world. I gather my strength, rear, and plunge into the salty tide, swimming strongly towards the boy, cold cold wet licking my skin and swirling in my ears. Something is roaring in my ears. Despite the difficulty, I manage to do my best to attack the white unicorn, hooves surging through the water, aiming for a sharp cuff to the shoulder.

I do not like illusionists. It's all too very real, and I wonder what would happen if I were to breathe. But I don't dare.

""

Image Credit: venomxbaby (when downsized, signature become somewhat unreadable)

The frightened look on the silvery unicorn mare's face made the cheeky grin on his face grow wider and more excited. Before he'd gotten his magic he'd resorted to hiding in bushes and jumping out with what he thought was a fearsome roar to scare someone else. That was mere child's play, he found now. With his magic he could truly terrify someone. She came at him and he danced backwards easily moving out of range because it was his illusion. He knew it wasn't real and wouldn't let it affect him in the way the foolish mare let it affect her.

A sudden hard cuff against his shoulder had the yearling spinning on the pegasus, his blue tipped ears laying back flat against his head. In an instant the illusion was gone, his concentration effectively broken by the damned pegasus. "Bitch!" he roared at her, his tail lashing angrily at his hocks. "This doesn't concern you!" It didn't concern the other mare, really, but she had arrived and he wanted to practice. She was nothing more than a little bug caught in his web. She wouldn't have even gotten caught up in it if she wouldn't have sauntered over

Vadim grimaced at the pegasus, wishing that Varath was there to chase the stupid bird away with him. The yearling colt continued to glare at the pegasus. If he weren't so tired and his mind so fuzzy he would craft another world. One where she was getting her feathers ripped out one by one and her wings sawed off. Next time. Oh, next time he would make her pay.

Credits

Icon by Tay

Unregistered

KERES

In and instant the illusion was gone. The water that had been choking her, suffocating her, had receded and Keres stood gasping on the sand as she tried to get her bearings. Breathe, breathe, breath! O' how sweet the air was in her lungs! Momentarily she could forget about Vadim's delinquency. She could forgive the poor mislead fool and jester for his pranks because of the bone that protruded from his head... and the power that percolated from his ashen body.

Though someone else moved in on her prize with killer intent!

It was enough to coax a banshee shriek in her throat that rippled powerfully into the brine atmosphere: glass crackling, ice shattering, and its pitch devastating. "How dare you harm a unicorn, filth?" the chrome sylph spat with disgust, with rage. All she saw was red now as it seeped into her being, it muddied her mind, and tainted her already tarnished soul."I will kill you." the threat was not an empty one. Keres was a possessor of demons. They curled and coiled in the pit of her belly like rampant cobras and they were ravenous. 'Feed me.' they crooned in wickedly sweet sopranos and tingling baritones. How could she deny her darkness what it craved if it meant one less flying rat in the world?

She sprung with the precision of a vengeful serpent past Vadim. Her sickly sweet purple eyes glared at Svetlana with deep rooted hatred as she attempted to slice her hoof down the side pegasus' left front leg. "Get back!" Keres snarled venomously as she lowered her head (her horn) to aim for the side of the sky rat's throat. 'Or I will end you.'

Unregistered
S V E T L A N A
The StormChaser
They were all, I decided, bitches at best and at worst, my enemies. The illusion of water crashed to a halt, the air of the ocean returning to my lungs as I inhaled deeply, the sour-faced mischief-maker spitting in my face, roaring in fury and snarling and snapping like a cornered cat. I did not step back. Instead, each feather on my wings bristled, my eyes flashed with fury, and I stepped forward to the insolent colt.

Meanwhile, the other unicorn was shrieking blasphemously loud at me, striking out at my legs, a complete psycho. Fucking unicorn! I had been trying to help her! Filth. Kill you. I snarled, edging away from the angry pair, outnumbered. I narrowly missed the purple-eyed mare's lunge towards my foreleg. "Both of you should calm yourselves. I meant no harm, but I will leave now. I will say this once- if you wish to take on blood-oaths to kill me, go ahead, and you'll find yourselves dead." My eyes flick to both of them, and wings expand on either side of me, feeling the caress of the wind.

Bitches be bitches, and they'll get stitches. But not today, in this death-grip of winter. I do not want to lower my energy stores even further.

Good-bye, little horned beasts. And I leave them.

~
walk walk walk
"talk talk talk"