the Rift

[MEETING] The glass is always clearer [Crafters]

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
She’s glad it’s a small meeting to start, because she already feels out of place, even though she shouldn’t. It’s entirely her place and more importantly, her duty and responsibility to the herd, to call a meeting. It’s just hard to imagine being on the calling end instead of the receiving end. Sure, she’s attended plenty of meetings and even helped Tilney run a few healer meetings, but Tilney had always called them.  She can no longer pretend that responsibility doesn’t sit on her shoulders though, and so, with the day early but not too early, and the temperature cold but not too cold, she sent out.

Lyanna doesn’t go quite to the tent and the usual meeting spot, figuring that is more for entire herd meetings than just a small group of them. Instead she’s within sightline of the tent and the clearing, though a little closer to the trees, in a place that looks more suitable to small group meetings. She’s not entirely sure how to call just the crafters, so she just lets out a whinny and then follows it with, “Crafters, if you will!” Then, she waits.

[INSERT CHARACTERS ARRIVING]

The group isn’t large, but she doesn’t expect there too be too many. She hopes, of course, for a few new faces, though doesn’t get her hopes up either. Life in the Edge without Tembovu just felt wrong, and where the flocked in before, she feared they might start flocking out. Now, however, is not the time for such worries. Instead she smiles as they approach, nodding and chatting until it seems there are no more.

She debates being formal for a moment, but she can’t bring herself to do it. It’s a small group of horses she knows, really, and she’d rather just cut to the chase. “As you know, Graasvoel has left his position as Glazier,” she begins, eyes drifting to Dragomir. Poor man, getting singled out twice, not that Lyanna had been privy to the unspoken conversation when Alysanne had done the same thing to him in the herd meeting. “Dragomir, you are more than qualified, and Alysanne and I were hoping you’d be willing to serve the Edge as a Glazier.” She stops there, waiting to make sure he is, in fact, amenable to the idea of taking up the vacant spot.  

When he has answered, she turns her attention back to the group, small though it may be. “We’d also like to see things being crafted each season. If we have no need for glass, but need other items from the other herds, we can try to setup some trades. If you have no ideas, make small things like knives or jars, things we can trade or give away to members of the herd. But I’d also love to talk about any ideas and suggestions you guys have as well.” She falls silent, feeling like she’s rambling and entirely out of place. What does she know about crafting? Only what Glasgow had done and Lyanna had witnessed, and little else. She could learn though, and she was here to help, whatever that meant.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Mesec @Dragomir and anyone else interested!

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
Aaron

“Crafters, if you will!” I find both my own and Alanna's ears perking up at the sound of a call for those of the crafting rank. I have to admit, ever since the meeting I have felt a tug to return to my old position of crafting. That tug increasing with the unplanned arrival of my young daughter Sarai. I wanted, no needed to stay closer to the Edge than the job of a warrior allowed. So while I may want to be a fierce warrior, I am starting to think my calling is as one who creates instead.

That is why, I stand up and ask Alanna to stay with my sleeping daughter. I on the other hoof, find myself wandering toward the meeting for the crafters instead. I was the first to arrive. I have to admit, I hope to see Dragomir here. After all, we both were former Glaziers. Who among this lot would have the knowledge to manipulate glass like we did?

-everyone arrives-

The newly appointed queen is the one to hold this meeting, not a glazier. I find that a bit odd, that is until she begins to speak. “As you know, Graasvoel has left his position as Glazier,” Ah. Vacant spot. That would be why she lead this meeting and not the rank head. “Dragomir, you are more than qualified, and Alysanne and I were hoping you’d be willing to serve the Edge as a Glazier.” I smile, satisfied with the fact that at least one of us would be serving in the Glazier position again.

When he answered, Lyanna moved on. “We’d also like to see things being crafted each season. If we have no need for glass, but need other items from the other herds, we can try to setup some trades. If you have no ideas, make small things like knives or jars, things we can trade or give away to members of the herd. But I’d also love to talk about any ideas and suggestions you guys have as well.” I nodded, thinking back to things we had been crafting back in the Qian days.

"What about things like, a suit of armor? I know it has been done before, as I was a member of the Edge when it was done." My mind flashes back to Lace, and I have to admit I miss the man.

"Talking"

Image- foxyfirewings @ DA
Brush- http://www.obsidiandawn.com

Yep, Aaron crashing the crafter meeting

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

The birds, they got help from below
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow

The man’s morning had been spent studiously examining his various metal stones with his tiger’s mask, viewing through the magical sockets which would be the best for his current project. Having worked on several prototypes for the ankle-attached spades he was preparing to make the final renditions of, he was quite against the entire endeavor being ruined by an improper rock.

So, with his three stones having at last been selected, planted, and the process of growing them at last beginning, he’s quite caught up in his thoughts and actions. So caught up, that when he hears Lyanna’s summons, its more like a distantly heard echo of a shout, one that bites down into his subconscious, awaiting a time when he will be more receptive to things other than growing rocks into objects.

Admiring his trio of spades as the work concludes, he moves to clean up the remnant stems, when he suddenly remembers that he is meant to remember something. Wondering what it could be, he thinks to himself that he will deliver these to the garden, and then he will…

The garden! The healers! Her face rises to mind almost instantaneously, and with a panicked sound, he quickly snatches up his finished pieces and shoves them in his pouches, hurrying towards the usual meeting area, and hoping all the while that it was truly where the call had originated from. Oh Gods, Lyanna had called the crafters…

How long ago had it been? Dragomir was not sure. He could lose track of forever, while he was working, so much so that Ranjiri often fussed at him for it.

So, when he arrives, and discovers that he is not the last, but certainly not the first, he breathes a sigh of relief. Trotting in alongside Aaron, he nods hello, before turning to listen to Lyanna’s words.

He was not entirely surprised to be asked if he would be willing to assist the herd by making glass; he had, after all, caught Alysanne’s glance, and wasn’t a stupid man, by any means. Agreeing to the position with a nod of his head, he remains silent, allowing the newly crowned Queen to continue with being interrupted.

Far more excited for the chance to show off his newest projects, the man instantaneously turns his head back to pull out the spades he has made. Made of iron, the spades have inch high ankle cuffs, quite C like in shape, which can be slipped over a cannon bone, and pushed down over the wider part of the ankle, where it is relatively stable. The blade of the digging tool is angled downwards so that the wearer can easily move dirt with their hooves, rather than their mouth. Presenting what he believes to be the proper size for Lyanna, the medium (having made a small, medium, and large banded spade), he extends it to her with her charcoal lips, while listening to Aaron’s remark about armors.

I can, er, craft metals, I made these, grew them, really, he thinks, while gesturing to the spade he’s handed Lyanna, but its too many words to explain, if there is need of armor, I am sure I could more quickly make whatever is necessary out of rigid metal, rather than tempering glass.

I’ve made those digging tools today, so I have nothing else to do, really, he says, with a nod, anyone who wants a custom weapon or armor piece can come see me whenever. Might take me some time to plan it out and come up with the right supplies, though. Anyway…

You can put that semicircle part around your lower leg, and use the blade to dig, he says, not wanting to enter her personal space to show her how its done (nothing personal, really), and he hopes she can do it on her own, I’ve watched the gardeners give themselves lumbar injuries craning down to the ground long enough.

[ OOC: Ramblemir
Using his three small crafting slots for three of these (which are being given to the Edge as public use herd items!):
Small Item: Metal Spade :: Iron spade with cuff to attach to ankle. ]
[ Restrictions :: Wears down with use. ]

Manipulation by the lovely Shady, Table by Time
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3