the Rift

[OPEN] breaking through the atmosphere

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
The walk from the Threshold to the Edge was one that Amaris strangely, didn't mind. The dragonmare was prone to enjoying talking of the histories and lores of the lands, the way the Gods of Helovia worked, the names of those in rank within her herd, so that by the time any newcomers arrived to the borders, they would be sufficiently prepared for life within the Edge - or would otherwise have had ample opportunity to voice their concerns and depart ways.

The dragonmare, usually somewhat of a recluse, an introvert, found that when she got into her storytelling mood, she was able to let go of some of the anxiety that always charged her emotions, to forget for a moment that she was so afraid that her appearance would cause others to think ill of her, or to assume something or other about her.

During this particular walk, when she asked the steed what he would next like to hear about, they were interrupted slightly by the return of her companion, Dramyrth, from on high. He was unceremoniously plonked himself down upon her withers, trilling a soft song, purring deeply as he stretched and flexed his body before settling atop her withers to eye the stallion closely, having only gotten a rough impression of him via the bond they shared. Amaris introduced him, as she always did, and if Iye requested it, explained the principle behind companion bonds as well to him.

It wasn't long before they arrived at the borders of her (their?) herdland, recognisable by its misty forests and ocean breezes.

"Welcome," the dragonmare said, before summoning, with a thought, a red dragon-spirit to shoot high above them and send out a call for attention from those who held the power to approve newcomers to join the herd. She added her own voice, a soft, melodic tune, neither wholly equine nor draconic in nature as it drifted through the trees and permeated the lands.

"I'm sure we won't be waiting long," she assured him, as they began their wait.

If someone of rank could please post to accept @Iye that would be wonderful!

sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
we heal with love,
Hemlock’s grumbling hiss at the sight of the red dragon spirit was what alerted Alysanne to its presence. He immediately went off in the other direction - still uncertain about whether he liked Amaris or not. On one hand, she had proven to be a great friend to Alysanne and had been an enormous help with the birth of Zoeya. On the other hand, she had a dragon companion and was very dragon-like herself.

Despite the fact that the first companion he had ever met, the first friend that Hemlock had ever made, had been a dragon - the prejudice ran so deep within him now.

While he moved one way, Alysanne moved the other. Though the signal had come from the borders, there was that ever-present flare of nerves. Was someone hurt? Was she even going to be able to help?

But no, Amaris and the unicorn standing with her did not appear to be injured - Alysanne’s green eyes scanning them both quickly as she arrived, a soft smile already bright when she confirmed that there was no medical emergency. “Hello Amaris.” She dipped her head to the winged mare before turning her attention to the stranger. “I’m Aly, one of the queens here in the Edge.” Alysanne still didn’t like introducing herself as queen - even though her tone was casual, she worried that anyone she met would think that she was bragging. Now, she simply wished for the stallion with Amaris to know she was capable of accepting him into the herd.
alysanne

please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Iye Posts: 5
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 3
Danjah

I told you twice, I was only trying to be nice...

The trek through unknown territory was long, but it was no issue for his young bones and supple muscles. The handsome young brute listened closely for any words that came from his intriguing lady companion, the one whom was taking him towards a possible new life, one away from the crimes he had committed in the past. Deep down Iye felt a tug of anxiety as he thought about the possibility of somebody recognising or finding him here, but the seal brown soon realised that he had perhaps travelled too far for anybody to even understand a glimpse of his life.

And with that he continued in silence, nodding politely to Amaris a moment they may have crossed pools, but otherwise just letting his sturdy pillars carry his lithe body across the terrain.
Soon they came into the land that the dragon-lady spoke of, ones of cliffs and tall trees. The forest was indeed foreboding but also incredibly welcoming, offering shade when needed but even in the Orangemoon cold he could feel the presence of the sun's rays just at the right moments. And in the distance he could smell salt, something that was completely unknown to him. He had never seen the sea before, being born so far in-land. Iye's attention was brought away from the dark greens and browns of the World's Edge and to a creature that was far too much like Amaris, a mythical creature; a dragon. The golden creature sat atop her bodice and she seemed unfazed by this, and he simply cocked his head with a confused expression over his cranium,
"You have creatures? Pets?"

But before he was able to get an answer, she had summoned someone to them. And they were soon answered to by the movements of a pretty fae that came into sight. A soft mix of ivory and charcoal, a winged beauty that was evidently older than himself but still attractive to his cheeky gaze came to them. Her words greeted Amaris first, and then she spoke to him:

"I'm Aly, one of the queens here in the Edge."

She was the queen... no, a queen. There was more than one? The curiosity instead Iye buzzed but he kept it quite, letting his pillars settle into the grass and his tassles flowing away from his bodice as he introduced himself, a glint in his silver pools, "My name is Iye, I am new here and Amaris has kindly brought me here. I hope for a new life." He smiled and dipped his handsome skull in respect, feeling the pain of having to bow for royalty when they had treated his own people in his homeland so bad. But here Iye felt no prejudice and no anger. He needed to prove to everyone and not just himself that he could change, and perhaps like higher ranks and royalty one day.

lye

@Amaris @Alysanne

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
Dramyrth, whilst originally thinking Iye might be worthy of a snippet of his esteem, immediately changed his mind as the steed labelled him a pet. The dragon shot an intense glare at the stallion, scaled lips curling to reveal his many teeth, not all of which were free from blood - he had just returned from hunting, after all. His soft, happy purring evolved easily into grumbles and growls of distaste, as he shifted his weight and suddenly seemed to become bigger, more imposing (he was already imposing enough, being a golden male dragon after all).

"Hush, Dramyrth, he knows not the truth yet," Amaris murmured over her shoulder, and whilst the growls quietened, nothing much else changed about his posture. "Nay, he is no pet but more of a companion. We are joined by a bonding of souls, unbreakable as far as I am aware. There are many of them in this land, of varying species and breeds; you might find yourself bonded someday in the future," she supplied easily, ignoring the persistent rumbles from the golden dragon upon her withers.

Alysanne arrived not long after, and the dragonmare greeted her with a warm smile and low whicker, simultaneously pleased and always in awe of the queen's ability for promptness and kindness despite the hefty weight of leadership she carried. Amaris was daughter of the DragonHeart, a longstanding queen of seemingly eons ago now, she knew well enough the duties of a leader often stole one away from everything else going on - she certainly did not envy Alysanne her rank, not even for a second.

"Well met, Alysanne," the dragonmare offered in warm tones, smiling all the while. "Iye just arrived through the Threshold, and upon hearing about the Edge, followed me home." Golden eyes turned back to him, quietly curious, probing. "Have you thought more about what rank you might be interested in?" He had proclaimed himself an insufficient warrior already, but not communicated what else he might be interested in - Amaris thought the Sneak ranks might suit him best, with his devious smile and sharp wits, he could surely do anything he put his mind to.

@Iye @Alysanne
sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~