Canaan
Screams of the Innocent

A dust devil danced down the street
Gathered the trash in a heap
Like a gift it just fell at my feet
All windblown
What a treasure your memory is
Even if it's all windblown

Like a leaf on a wind, like the hair in your face, a whisper through the trees. I am windblown. I am the lost, the forgotten. Those that knew me have forgotten; those that see me look past. It's not that I mind. The horrors of my past bind me but I pretend not to care. I take little part in this world and so being ignored is just a casual part of my week. But, being the windblown seed that has failed to take root, eventually I must journey to a new land. And so I've left my previous home after home after home... if you care to call them that.. and ended up in this new.. place. I don't know it's name and more likely than not I won't even be here long enough to bother needing that knowledge. Where I've stumbled now is a meadow, secluded and quiet, with a small creek running through it. There are no birds in the sky nor waterfowl swimming the creek. In the autumn sun it is a beautiful but desolate place. I know sometimes when fellow horses find new herds or travel abroad they feel a need to make themselves known to.. well whomever might be there. Certainly as a young colt I followed such procedures myself. But now, a young stallion, I can't say that I have such desires. My standard protocol is to pretend I don't exist. Finding a "home" is overrated, especially when I have no intention of making ties to the land or its occupants. And so as I walk in the setting sun toward the creek I made no sounds except for my hooves on the grass.

I step into the creek and stop, postponing the crossing. I look down at my reflection, distorted by ripples. There is nothing appealing there. I lean up against the medium grade bank and rub mud over my neck and into the itchy bed of my mane, tangling the hairs into semi-knotted cords. The creek is not wide, but deep enough to reach my knees. I bend and roll into the bank, coating one side of my body in cool mud. I stand again and shake, ridding myself of droplets but not of the soil that I've ground into my skin. A derisive snort escapes my nostrils. There, I think, handsomer already.

"blah blah blah."

You may use force with Canaan with the exception of permanent maiming or death.
OOC
Thread Tracker
Wish List
DeviantArt

Noah Posts: 59
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Riven
The copper-brown of late-autumn foliage and the, naked, skeletal fingers of old retiring timber, passes in a murky blur as the silver and gold stallion, sails on slowly overhead. His wings stride magnificently upon the softer thermals of mid-altitude and he is content enough to hang there, for the dove who lingers somewhere behind seems to lack strength enough to drive any deeper. That sweet, slender girth - he delights fancifully in  the recollection of inebriating musk there on it - has blossomed on the good growth of these southern lands, though her mood has in contrast withdrawn a little, enough so, that his simplistically male frame of mind begins to worry some for her wellbeing… Noah isn’t phased by this fleshy, curvy silhouette grown about her (he presumes this is the cause) - in fact, he finds the new her rather fetching - but he feels she is spending longer stints than normal, gazing at the change in her own reflection; she does so almost to the point of obsession and it seems apparent, that not even the sweet caress of his affection works to soothe her.

Perhaps the novelty of adventure has worn thin.

It is time to turn back.

The path into the north seems more convoluted than ever. Unsure eyes scan the horizon for the jagged outline of teeth - of mountains - for their presence upon its stark line (he believes), betrays the position of the bitter hovel they seek; a foolish heart pounds beneath a wind-chilled breast, yet he is certain not to let slip any hint of his doubt to his dove. A startlingly emerald forest erupts suddenly from the patchwork quilt of bronze countryside below, and his thoughts press upon its vast, murky surface, recalling a terrain similar or three, from their initial movement south. All those months ago they had paused on the brink of one - the dragon-girl lurked within - and this discovery, the revelation, spurs a jolt of electric encouragement through his weary brain, before feathered arms dip into descent. Very slowly he delivers a path between spiralling zephyrs, guiding the liver-cream princess as safely as he can possibly, into the welcoming embrace of a sunlit glade.

He is tired, muscles burn brutally with the onset if fatigue, but there is a flicker of fire between shining aqua  irises that seeks out the dove for motivation, inspiration. While she alights, he watches on attentively, scrutinising the supple earth as it receives each precious hoof and no sooner has she settled, than his thick, brawny limbs begin as high-stepping dance forward; his bones crave the numbing fury of testosterone and it ignites on cue, to further fuel his ostentatious display. Fireworks sleep below the surface of her skin, and addicted, he delves down to find them. Nares drive home, hoping to sweep along the concave breath of her collar, placing there soft kisses if his lips win their aim - but he pauses suddenly and his chiselled skull lifts high. They are not alone in this glade and he whispers faintly, “wait!” Brothers rest forward vigilantly upon the pinnacle of his crest - it has risen, and torrents of flaxen stream down in the breeze - while eyes search and spy; a stranger, a stallion, stands downstream.

With broad chest swinging and tail snapping brazenly in his wake, he manoeuvres that way at a less imposing gait. ”Evening,” young, bold vocals throw (a show, for he is raw and unpracticed), and he pauses a polite distance to the one coated partly in mud, so that they each might discern the other first. A glance slips back to check on his dove, and a warm smile passes through his expression; when he returns to the male, the softness is lost.
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding

@Canaan @Nora | I'll proof properly in the AM <3
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death
(no need to ask)

Sansa Posts: 19
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Two Years (Ages in TallSun)
Lady :: Northern Inuit Dog :: None Emily
S
A
N
S
A

The sunrise this morning had found Lady and I seeking adventure away from home for the day. All day long, we have traveled through forests and streams and creeks. Lady has alternated her time between running about my legs and riding along on my back. I have to admit, she has made the trip more interesting. Interesting and slow moving. We've had to stop a lot for Lady to investigate everything around her.

Its evening by the time we reach the Threshold. The sun is beginning to set and I have to admit I am completely frustrated with Lady. I wanted to be back home by now and instead we will have to travel at night, or stay overnight in the wilds.

That's when I see them. The mud covered stallion and the two pegasus. I head over, purely because I am young and not real crazy about being out alone right now. Lady of course bounds around my feet. Hello, I am Sansa... Um, crap. I'm not really good at talking to strangers.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

Nora Posts: 52
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 3
Angel

The turn of a season is quick on our heels – cool, refreshing fingers slide through my deepening autumn coat. Meadows of green are morphing from their summertime tint; a dynamic alteration of color and temperature is coaxing the fatigued countryside into slumber. Sadly, the beauty in these travels and the breathtaking thrill of exploration has become pale in my mind. The tourniquet applied to my heightened apprehension is failing. At last, I’m bleeding out, soaking through a poorly construed facade of normality. The solution to those unanswered questions (an increase on both appetite and girth) has recently come into focus. But that shocking clarity brings me naught an ounce of relief – if anything, it triples the silent misery that plagues me physically and emotionally. Searing, snarling panic expands like fire on gilded rods – catching onto anything dry enough for kindling.  

While my head is eager to deny (falsify) that new reality as truth (fabricating whatever distraction it could to ensure a balance of emotions) – the pulse is fidgety, marinating on dreams and possibilities that seem far off. Gradually, it becomes the whisper of encouragement that (over time) summons my courage from the sparse harvest of resolve. ‘Don’t be afraid,’ she murmurs and gestures to pinnacle of my shallow world...the eagle. ‘How…’ that silent question comes forth as a plea for clarity from the quiet, warm confinement inside me. Ivories slip against my lower jaw. The path ahead seems impossible; doubts are constantly hissing, growling in the darkness, ‘unfit, naïve, coward.’

How…could I ever be…

Irises sharpen, (they are watchful despite my stormy subliminal) as his milk/honeyed frame disappears into a grove of towering evergreen. Pinions slow their momentum, instantly easing off the throttle. Arms work with careful precision (far less reckless and more attentive than in previous months.) Wings tilt, fanning apart – slowly depositing my heaving, travel worn body onto the floor. Toes scrap at the loam beneath, churning the litter and mud while my momentum becomes strangled. Though I’m thoroughly warmed from travel and panting in exertion, these feathers fall into their sheath as soon as Noah angles into view – mindlessly shielding the secret which hangs from the tip of my tongue.    

Mini me leans, admiring the embodiment of divinity – she smiles, an impish, knowing grin. For a fraction of an instance…I forget. There is only him. When grace lends that heavenly creature closer, these dainty, patchwork legs quiver in place with familiar, cherished anticipation. I can feel his breath, wavering, teasing…constricting…his pause brings reality back into focus. Ears tilt slightly in reverse, furrowing optics seek the source of his concern while spiked wariness dunks my fervor in icy disappointment.  

When he ambles off to investigate, I follow (hanging back) – confident enough in his ability (handling whatever) to dip my head, tonguing at the grass in passing. Velvet listeners rotate, absorbing the muffled rhythm of unfamiliar hooves. Blades of barley jut from their slots while I turn (still chewing) to find the source. A lovely child…her strawberry, dappled body is without the mutation of feather or horn and…a bleached canine. Both of which are closing in. Eyebrows arch, protective judgement narrows on the alabaster predator warily. “Hi,” though the corners of these lips are forcefully pressed upward (attempting to mime the expectancy of cordiality) my unease remains fixed on the dog; I'm still unsettled by the commonplace custom of keeping such a creature in proximity.

credits

Canaan Posts: 18
Aurora Basin Phantom
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 5
Silk

Canaan
Screams of the Innocent

I stood in the water, letting it cool my body. The mud chilled my coat almost too much, but I didn't mind. It was all silence for a moment, where I thought I might be the only living creature around. But as soon as the thought crossed my mind it became obvious that was an untruth. For the sound of wings reached my ears, and I looked up out of idle curiosity, expecting to see some bird ready to squawk at me. The wings I saw over the trees were much larger than that, and I was perplexed as I tried to make out what I was actually looking at. For a moment I was somewhere between having an aneurysm and trying to wake myself from this absurd dream. There were two horses there - with wings. Those humongous wings I saw belonged to 4-legged creatures that might have been just like me.

I didn't have an aneurysm. Instead I just stood flabbergasted as they approached me - one a young male and the other a young female. Perfect, so they can make MORE abominations. My mind was struggling to fathom what I saw and I wondered if there was a god or a hell and if this was Satan's work. Or God's? It was too complex for me; whomever was responsible, it was supernatural. My lips remained together, saying nothing as the stallion greeted me. I'd have loved to say that I was coming up with some interesting, witty remark. But my mind was slow to start and unscramble the jumbled thoughts that swirled within.

Before I could form a sentence, someone else appeared. Luckily this was a horse without wings, a young filly. She couldn't have been more than a year or two old. And with her was a canine of some breed that.. didn't look like a wolf but something else. They seemed to be friends rather than prey and predator. Quickly everything I'd known to be true about the world was being upended. I suppressed a groan. She introduced herself as Sansa, but still I didn't reply.

I glanced at the three - four - of them and felt myself at first overwhelmed, then disgruntled at the crowd that had gathered. I'd not sought out anyone and yet three inhabitants had already found me. The stallion and filly had spoken, but the winged mare remained silent and barely gave me a second glance, looking instead to the younger female. Each of them had unique coloring, leaving me the plainest of them all. Poor camouflage, should it ever be required... I mused in silence, the idle thought breaking through the blockade that had risen against my intelligence. Of course it would be proper to respond, and surely they would all expect me to say something. The pair didn't appear to know the filly, but the burden was still on me to introduce myself.

I flicked my ears back for a brief moment, still feeling a little uncomfortable with the gathering. It wasn't a matter of feeling threatened: I could take care of myself. Though I'd never have admitted it to anyone or even myself, it was almost a form of social anxiety. I was comfortable being alone. This was far from it, even with their scare number of words. Still, there was a certain protocol to follow and I was not such a heathen to ignore it. "Good evening." I nodded first to the couple (for that's what they appeared to be), then to the filly. "Sansa." I left out my name, feeling that for the moment, it was unimportant.

"blah blah blah."

OOC
Thread Tracker
Wish List
DeviantArt

Beloved Posts: 121
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 8.5 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 :: Appears 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Orphan :: Ragdoll Cat :: None Bunnie

All earth was but one thought —
and that was Death

She comes upon them all with giggles and traipsing step, her path having led her through this forest as she finds herself on many: at a whim. Her pale banners flow behind her in rippling disarray, but it is not thick and luscious, as the pegasus male’s which she beholds as she enters the clearing, nor is it even comparable to the other adult female’s average locks. Thin as she is, that spidery hair floats down about her ankles and around her sloped features as she stills her progression, her ears lifting to catch the words which are already passing between them each, with only her muttered, somewhat stifled giggles perforating her silence.

For once, she is not the smallest; the black and white bird, who stares at the foal’s dog, of equally dainty composition, but as Beloved’s eyes rove from one presence to the other, it is on the stranger to the land which they linger the longest, second to the filly.

Easy prey, her mind cackles, and the witch outwardly grins, before severing her haunting stare to instead apprise the most interesting of the group – to her, anyway.

Something draws her mind to the pendant upon her chest, and its watching eye. She gazes upon his mud slaked skin, and the mud colored coat beneath, and her muttered giggles increase in tempo, her eyes meandering across muscle. Recalling her True Lord’s promise of power were she to serve Him, her gaze flutters to the others momentarily, wondering if they would betray the peace of the moment, were she to speak of her loyalties so honestly. Though she has not met the pair of pegasi that have come, she does have the vaguest inkling in the hind of her demented mind that she has seen them, before…

But she has lived quite a long time, after all. It is often she sees one and thinks of another. Dismissing that worry, she instead switches her focus the stallion again, a tittering stream of giggles spewing forth now that the tentative introductions of the others has concluded.

"Beloved wonders who you are," she states with a wide smile that she considers to be friendly, the sort one wears to a greeting; having garnered that the child (oh, children, bless their unguarded, easily snatched hearts) is Sansa, her gaze flutters also to the pair of pegasi yet unnamed, "and you, as well."

Hesitating for but a moment, her lunatic grin turns upon the mud slaked bay.

"Is this mess intentional?" she inquires with tittering giggles, quite flabbergasted as to why one would chose mud of all things to cover oneself in.

[ OOC: Tempts with evil cookies too ]

Image by Thierry Ehrmann@Flickr - Code by Me
Quote from Lord Byron's Darkness

@Canaan @Noah @Nora @Sansa
Tag Beloved, please!

Feel free to attack her with physical or magical violence at your own risk. ;D

Riven
All around the little watered glade, the slender needles of a vast redwood army whisper softly (but on mass) in the breath of a cool northerly wind and it feeds white noise into an otherwise empty atmosphere; they - Noah and his timid angel - have seen these woods before and the realisation soon begins to infiltrate the young stallion’s conscience, like the weight of foreboding in the heart of most prey. It was not safe for them to linger, lest the demons rise once more from the ashes of history with deathly intent. He is wary as he stands there, senses swimming through the crowd of variation, with one ear trained to the darling behind; the other stretches erratically between the stranger by the stream and the mutter of movement nearby.

The sullied male is slow to respond, though he stares openly and Noah feeds the same back more charily; why doesn’t he speak? No feather blessed the stranger’s muddy flanks, naked bronze shoulders looked queer in the reddening light, and upon the skull that pointed their way, neither horn, nor branch extended. The winged had seen another so unusual similar, had felt equally bemused, and should not a young filly have come rashly upon them in that moment, he might have lead Nora well clear of that unsettling, bi-coloured glare - without bother to return.

As it were, a creature of sorts emerged from the timer first - smallish, white, and spritely as it bounded about by the child’s legs. Golden ears stretch backwards in response, unsure, for the eyes that scrutinize him have seen few others, but the harmless marsupials of his faraway island home. A sharp snort expels from tight lungs, and whiskered chin lifts well beyond the canine’s reach; one thick, rounded knee lifts into the air and afterwards drives hard, a warning thump into the earth. He cannot know that it follows the filly - the foal, who in every respect should be vulnerable and well covered by presence of a parent - though as it expresses little in the way of agitation on its alien, pointed face, the stallion withholds any further action.

For the sake of caution, his towering frame returns to the flank of the dove; vigilant lips pester the heated canvas pulled snug across her belly. Her gentle-natured heart reaches out to the child, though wariness too, drives her face out of harm’s way (he is glad). As one curious ear returns slowly to the silent male, it catches wind of sweet tones, a warm greeting put forth by his charge; but the delicate nature of her voice is quickly lost to surprisingly eloquent words of greeting. Aquamarine pools glisten with surprise, swinging towards the stranger quickly to inspect and though the rumble of response stirred in the depths of his breast, he had not the chance; for another arrives among them at the same time, giggling bizarrely all the while.

To add fuel to the fire of his bewilderment, the tiny doll addresses them peculiarly, as though she were talking about another. For the sake of his own clarity, mind wanders into the surrounding area and eyes follow slowly, confirming quickly that no others are following. Caught beneath the very unsettling, creepy glow of her grin – and all though he acknowledges her query with refocused attention – Noah struggles to answer. “N-Noah,” he reveals slowly, with a narrowing gaze and hesitant heart. Though charming, perhaps, the newest did not feel to him, to be transparent.
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding

@Sansa @Nora @Canaan @Beloved
(no need to ask)

Sansa Posts: 19
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Two Years (Ages in TallSun)
Lady :: Northern Inuit Dog :: None Emily
S
A
N
S
A

The equine stallion, clearly the new guy doesn't seem to of seen anyone with wings before. The expression on his face says as much. When I stop moving, Lady plops her butt right on my front hooves. It's her way of protecting me, since normally at my age my mother would still possibly be at my side. But mother hasn't really been there since I was about six months old. I decide to fill the poor stallion in on the pair he seemed to be looking, uh rather staring at. I assume from the expression on your face, you've never come across a pegasus before... I try my hardest to keep my tone sounding friendly and not condescending. After all, I have grown up in a world or three races. My adoptive mama after all is a pegasus...

Another enters, and the fur along Lady's spine stands on end. Her giggling, however soft it might be sets me on edge. I don't like it nor do I feel safe in her presence. "Beloved wonders who you are," The strange little mare who is barely taller than I am at the at the moment says. Her gaze is upon the the newcomer. Oh Gods help us if he's never seen a unicorn before... "and you, as well." This time to the pair of pegasi. The painted stallion answers “N-Noah,” I nod, taking in his name.... But keeping my eyes on the ivory painted and ebony marked mare. Something, just didn't feel right. Her giggle and her grin, honestly make me want to flee. But I don't. I stand tall, hoping to the Gods she wouldn't round on me.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

Aurora Basin Mare
Angel

With my half focus still firmly anchored upon the squatting dog, I spare a glance toward the eagle and skip lightly across that sun soaked coat to find his disheveled subject of interest. Soiled, dark skin (the presence of abundant clay effectively nulls any other distinguishing color he might have,) toned…the butt end of my snout quivers; lungs suck deeply, drinking the pungent essence of alien male. Noah, (who by now has become untethered) sheds himself. His closer adjacency inspires me to yield my rising paranoia; nerves soften as he returns to my side…though, when the merciful warrior reaches to tease that feathered, guarded sheath… these arms tighten, a reflexive/instinctual gesture which rekindles the spark of concern for that unaddressed visitor in our mist. Ears, eyes and nose sway his way with papery nostrils quivering…

A thin, wispy visitor appears from that thicket of needles. Optics shift, my initial reaction emerging favorably. Mini me chatters, excited, ‘look at that,’ in a world consumed by titans, it was refreshing to uncover someone who stood on the same level as me…but that naïve assumption and our kinship cuts off at our nymph-like framework. My expression morphs abruptly from pleasant surprise to heightening skepticism as she enters our band. Those impossibly flawless jaws are spread impishly (but her toothy, wolfish grin doesn’t seem to reach those unsettling ink/platinum colored eyes) when she speaks, these sensitive nerves prickle beneath my liver splashed coat. The comfortable warmth of dying light and feathery torrents suddenly vanish; my entirely becomes cooler by several degrees. Fresh, reactive shivers glide throughout the core. Mini me frowns, discouraged with the inappropriate display of teeth and snickering. When my eagle speaks…his wavering unease bleeds with negative consequence into my resolve.

“Who?” one anxious ear lifts fractionally from that rearward nest, tilting Noah's way. Her distracting presentation had compelled those (high pitch) words to slide off the invisible barrier like water from waxen leaves.

credits

Aurora Basin Phantom
Silk

Canaan
Screams of the Innocent

It was the strangest gathering. First two who are.. according to Sansa.. "pegasus". And then the filly and her pup.. and then this.. lithe ivory mare that had a horn protruding from her head. I never thought I'd see such strange things. Were I made of weaker stuff I'd have fainted on the spot from so much shock. But my short life has taught me much and though I found myself surprised, I remained standing and - besides the crazed look in my eye, I'm sure - stoic.

The small filly clearly thought I was mad for not recognizing a pegasus. But how was I to be familiar with something that I'd never seen before? My eyes hardened as I let a small sneer pass over my lips, resenting her condescension. My eyes passed to the mare with the horn. She was bizarre to say the least. She, presumably, was referring to herself by name as I saw no others, though why was beyond me. I'd heard of some beasts being affected by mental disease and I wondered if she suffered in this way. It was not my concern, for I had few.

She, too, mocked me. And perhaps if I'd held myself in better light I'd have taken offense. But as it was, little she could have said would have hurt more than a feather on the nose. Of course what I did not deign to tell her was that yes, the mud was intentional. I ignored her question, favoring her with no expression but an empty stare. I found the longer I stood their in the company of these strange creatures the more I adapted to the aberrant nature of the situation and it's occupants.

"Noah." The male pegasus stammered out his name. I looked toward the female next to him and wondered at her overall silence. The one word to pass her lips was a question and I couldn't tell for sure what the meaning of it was. I ignored her, and filed away in my mind that she seemed clueless (maybe she was dumb?) and that she would have to remain nameless. The motivation to discover her name was lost on me. I wondered at Noah's quiet, and stammering. Social anxiety? Impotence?

Or perhaps they were all unsettled by the giggling ivory mare. Had I not so instantly categorized her as disturbed I might have been unsettled too. But instead I took pity on the fool, wondering that no one had put her out of her misery as a young child. Though I had ignored her question before, I thought to reply with a mimicked one of my own. "Is that horn upon your face intentional? Or perhaps you are a rhinoceros?"

A small sneering smile appeared on my lips, but disappeared as quickly as it had come. I stepped from the banks of the water and shook myself, flinging droplets of mud and water at those who stood too close. "I am Canaan." My voice held no emotion, returning to the empty state I had arrived in. A quick glance at the setting sun, and I thought that perhaps I didn't want to linger here much longer. Perhaps one of them would give me guidance? Or.. they could possibly removed themselves from my path.

"blah blah blah."
@Beloved

OOC
Thread Tracker
Wish List
DeviantArt

and that was Death

Her arrival seems to quiet the chatter; with her ears slipping astray of her pale crown, they threaten to fall back entirely, her lunatic grin fluttering in the corners with spasmodic twitches. What had she said? All that had passed from her lips were the usual cordialities shared between the mortals, from her own numerous experiences in such forests. An expectation of names (everyone always seemed to know hers, so she did not share it), an exchange of ranks and living accommodations, and then the inevitable end, no matter whether they went home together, or parted ways forever; the mare does not understand what rouses the tremulous ripple among Noah’s shared name, nor does she comprehend any better why it is everyone is just staring at her.

Who? asks Nora, shattering the mare’s confusion with a sudden clarity, as her dual toned eyes shift to the timid female. With a laugh that clearly assumes she’s stupid, the unicorn’s pale tail reaches across her flanks with lazy, audible strikes.

"Why, you," she giggles, her eyes widening as she speaks her last syllable, her head tilting with childish mockery, her cherub’s voice falsely sweet. They do not fasten upon Noah’s woman, however, instead drawn astray by the quick tongue of the interesting stranger; swift, her gaze finds him, her head still tilted from her reply to the confused, winged woman.

Not sure to be angered that he insults her, or confused as to what else he has called her, the white witch giggles, shaking her head as it rights itself, instead.

"No more intentional than your ignorance," she mirthfully muses, her eyes narrowing with what she has ascertained is amusement, rather than malevolence, for now, and the sound of her giggles remains passively cheerful.

"What is…" she had begun to ask of a rhinoceros, when the first flecks of mud splatter upon her face, the rest nestling within her mane, on upon her pale neck. The demure pitch of her voice is abandoned for the wrathful, brittle music which proceeds that act, a snarl rising from the tail of her suddenly silenced laughter, stepping towards the bank with slow and steady, minimal steps, her eyes shining coldly. "Oh? How fitting a name, and its similarity to canine."

Her grimace’s downturned edges begin to rise: becomes a dark smile, wreathed in giggles.

"My Master has no use of dogs," she says, tilting her head, with a sudden thought; perhaps she should just leave, before she embarrassed herself in front of the Undying God bringing such uncouth beasts to his shrine, "especially stupid ones. Shame, too, considering this one’s obvious like of mud."

[ OOC: Hubby is home so this will have to do. <3 ]

Tag Beloved, please!

Riven
Still queerer than any he has met prior - the dry-witted Lord, the presumptuous prince, the reptilian woman, or the rare few with nothing to decorate their identities at all - the palest among them tempts back his recovering interest, with mortal-like responses that (he feels), all but banish that initial spine-tingling cheer. Still she giggles, yet thinner, with a new edge to suggest perhaps, that calculating intellect boils below a comic surface of pallid grins and brilliant expression – a real personality.

Aquamarine’s glisten beneath the narrowed pitch of blonde lashes, and he watches her carefully as she addresses, nay, mocks, his dove; ears fasten rearward when they taste insulting tone and he meets it head on with a perfectly sunny smile and light (hearted) snap of blunt teeth. "Nora speaks in foreign tongue." His tone lacks aggression, aggravation – an eye for an eye - though it seems irrelevant all the same as her attention appears fixed to their muddied, bay company.

A child? …he wonders, regrouping in contemplative quiet, for while the height of her seems too tall, angular hips and wraithlike, dainty features serve to compliment the theory. Nora too was a finely formed creature, though it was easily apparent that she was adult; neither was his sweet-hearted lover as, fizzy.

While the others are preoccupied amongst themselves – the dog rests on the tiny hooves of the (actual) child who is watching, and the rest fling about insults under witty guise – Noah places a protective, reassuring nudge upon warm, milky skin. There is no real reason for them to linger; their journey has been long and they both are exhausted, yet as he teeters on the brink of decision, the strange man slips from the stew to shake the muck heartily from his hide. Wings rise to half-mast, and chin hurls away to the side, but alas he too receives the crude spattering; in the seconds which follow, the male’s name is put forward blandly, and the white woman’s retort comes still faster and more slippery than an eel through the sea.

A surly expression fills the chiselled features of his face, but it recedes again swiftly as he turns lips to preen the longest feathers (flared forward with arms ajar, for he cared little to turn his back on this crowd).

Though bothered by the sudden rise of tension, the listening stallion picks from amidst venom and laugher, a glimmering point of interest. "Your Master?" He queries, tone without stunt and filled very obviously to the brim with intrigue. Weeks before, he and Nora had stumbled upon a God (of the earth), and with expanding pupils now, he ventures one step nearer.
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding

@Nora @Sansa @Canaan @Beloved
(no need to ask)

Aurora Basin Mare
Angel

My tawny guardsmen doesn’t have the chance to respond to the appeal for translation before her unsettling expression is tilting in my direction. Perplexed, these ears deflate further, lodging themselves in the rearmost cabin. Her wispy, snickered utterance DOES pierce the imperceptible bubble, though it does nothing to smooth the wrinkle of bewilderment as it doubles into a furrow upon my brow. Creamy lips inch apart, readied with their reaction. But they become stifled as Noah replies, demanding attention with the use of my brand. Narrowed focus ritualistically charts his body language, searching for clues to fill in the missing pieces of the puzzle.

His lips are curved into a stunning beam – but that sly click of teeth and reversal swing of velvet is all the information needed to detect an impression of his thinning mood. Comforting whiskers skim my cool flesh, inviting a fraction of lost heat to return. “Noah,” vocals whisper, adjoining my crown toward his. Pinions tighten anxiously while those foreign voices continue to escalate the tone of our ambience, “we go?” The plain, filthy stud moves into our mist…optics shift, warily locking on...just as droplets of swamp come flying through the air! Hindfeet shuffle, overturning/sacrificing land and pulling me beyond his reach without second thought. Unfortunately, his projectiles couldn’t be avoided entirely; a sprinkling/stream of brown/black has already collided with open targets on my lower forelegs.

Mini me unveils her teeth, leering behind the scenes and mimicking the riled noise of our female company. While they resume masquerading wit with the perception of threats, I lean to the eagle, thoroughly unsettled by the flaring current of their annoyance. Hostility bleeds embers, crackling and sparking into my detached ashen bed. ‘Don’t,’ she warns, hissing to that coiling tightness. Joints soften…our unpublished information made the testing of boundaries unwise…

@Canaan
credits

Aurora Basin Phantom
Silk
Canaan
Inside I'm snickering as the mud splatters the gathering. Of course I'd not intend to get them all dirty, but hey if they stand too close that's not my fault. I stop my thoughts and movement to scratch at an itch on my left shoulder, my good eye glancing at the rest of them. I still don't quite understand this Nora - Noah reveals her name - because she remains so quiet. Almost as if .. somehow she doesn't understand what's going on. It's a strange thing to find someone who would appear to be more clueless than I am. The Crazy One's words have intrigued me, but I hesitate to respond, still staring at Nora. The thoughts are slow as I consider how difficult it must be to communicate with everyone else, and I wonder how it is that Noah communicates with her. It's not wonder that they have been practically conjoined since arriving, they clearly have a strong attachment.

What do I know of attachments?

I glanced back at the Crazy One. She tries to insult me by calling me a dog, but why would I care. Instead my thoughts return to the statement that had intrigued me. "My Master." It was said in such a way that it didn't sound like a strange, questionably healthy relationship between lovers. No, it sounded.. more. I stepped up the bank closer toward her until I was only a few yards away. My brow furrowed as I looked her up and down. Petite, feminine. Only the strange marking upon her face that makes her any different from a cloud or dove in the sky. Who is this Master?

screams of the innocent
Image Credit
OOC
Thread Tracker
Wish List
DeviantArt

and that was Death

Nora, proclaims the bold gold and white lion of a man, does not speak the common tongue of this realm; he says this as if she is to be forgiven, or perhaps even cared for by the white one, too dumb to know what is said to her. Yet, Beloved does not feel sympathy, especially not for a grown woman in a land which she has arrived to unsuited and out of place, and she will yield in no means for this foolishly venturing lark. It was not the wicked one’s qualm, that Noah’s dove was lost, and she would not make it such; with narrowed eyes she beholds his coldly mouthed words, her ears lifted, but her soul bundling, wending within, in dark rivulets of smoke and mire.

Like a quavering babe his lover inquires with her wobbly tongue if they are to go, and the pale witch tilts her eyes upon the oil slaked dame with a upwards quirk of her lips, allowed by such a narrow twitch of her muzzle, so entwined are these two birds. Like one being, conjoined, a mass of love and compassion that makes the vile heart of Beloved recoil in suspenseful wonder, unsure what to do, or make of such a display. Her desire to retort spitefully at the idiocy of wandering in a realm to which you are ever the stranger is lost in the bewilderment at such mortal intimacy.

But, they do not leave, not even when the Dog covers them in muck, and the disdain which marks the lion’s face is turned instead upon the male miscreant, rather than the snowy witch. That glare is shortly placed, however, for her retort to the muddy hound is rewarded with the full attention of those who might understand her. Stares land upon the lunatic mask of the demoness, and she giggles with mirth to be so captivating.

"Oh? You do not yet know of the Many Named God?" she enthralls them, luring their eyes to remain fastened upon her with the dramatic flair of hinting, beguiling, casting shadow upon shadow, "they killed him, you know. Four times they struck with their blades and magic and venom in tandem; they pierced and maimed the Undying God, cast His soul into tatters and ash..."

Her grin grows wide, haunting, her black eye empty as a void, but her silver quivering, shaking, focusing and refocusing on nothing and no one, her giggles sharp and staccato among her tale.

"But four rarely bests four, as any who knows, knows mortals count for naught but noise and fervor; and now the Master is Many, and Helovia is His," she looks away, out towards that sacred place, the stones and the black flowers which bloom from the impossibly soiled murk of the black mud and fetid pools of stale rain, "it would be wise to serve him, Beloved thinks. Even brave lions, and especially their lost lambs."

Tag Beloved, please!

Riven
Feminine tone quavers like the flimsy spring breeze and it implores with a polite note of desperation that they - the eagle and his dove - should vacate the volatile airs of this meeting. Noah cannot ignore her worry and as she leans tentatively agains the rigid figure of his framework, feathers rise in arc above the fine, petite line of her flesh; it stiffens, a reaction perhaps to that spray of putrid silt, but just as quickly the flare of tension dissolves. Softly fluttering, his velvet nostrils turn to reassure her and he whispers for her ears alone, “…stay, I’ll protect you.”

Realising the error in his method, he doesn't so quickly move to abandon her attention, her very valid concern. “She…” he continues, gesturing visibly towards the dainty, snowy creature as she and the naked bay disband their pointless quarrel, “…Beloved. Like Noah, Nora… And he…” Eyes invite her unsettled (though entirely endearing), pink-blue gaze towards the muddied stallion and then the filly (who still stood present above the queer canine), “…is Canaan, and Sansa.” Tenderly he smiles, tries to reassure - to douse the flames of anxiety - and then reiterates softly, with a slow, guiding muzzle, “…Nora, Noah, Beloved, Canaan, Sansa.”

Already the giggling-mare is answering and twin soldiers - perched ever vigilantly above the return of his curious expression - swivel nearer towards the words of the pasty witch, for the riddles (as he feels they are), spilling from her lips are nothing short of entrancing. It had not occurred to him that there should be more than one god, and suddenly he finds himself contemplating and comparing the recent experience above the molten blue sea. Still, he holds his silence carefully, soaking up the very intriguing (albeit disturbingly told) detail of Beloved’s Master.

Noah considers at length.

Her right eye is a whirlpool of blackness, an abyss that threatens to swallow whole his resolve; the other is silvery and bright (friendlier, almost), and though the pupil within it is too small to rouse a feeling of comfort and reassurance inside him, it is this one which Noah’s sparkling gaze strives to contact.

“Beloved,” his tone murmurs tentatively, slowly, trying to bury the note of anticipation within. Helovia, he is learning fast, is a labyrinth of magic and mysticism - it is dangerous - and he recalls soberly his own few experiences, though mild they are in comparison. “Your Master, the Many Named God…” Who was he to challenge the validity of such a potent message; above all of her enticing revelation, one point struck him like the point of a blade. “… I only want Nora to be safe. How should we serve Him?” Skin hums where her warmth lingers upon him, and the wing lingering over her lowers a little, protectively.

Thoughts graze suddenly over the quest which had been dealt by the God of the Earth only weeks prior.

“Is there another God?” he asks suddenly. The eagle is now careful, representing a new worth of respect, for the white-one has become a prophet, less a lunatic, and his eyes embrace her more tenderly. “Nora and I were given a task by ‘the God of the Earth’. What relation is He to the Master?”
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding
(no need to ask)