the Rift

New to Town [open]

Zona Posts: 7
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 2
Zil
Zona walked, her wings folded to her barrel as her hooves hit the ground. Red orbs took in her surroundings, sparkling with excitement as she saw new things. Once she passed the Threshold, she looked back. The mare stood, staring at the lands she had come from, her old life was behind her now. The female only hoped that her mother would follow her to this place soon. Zona looked forward again and let out the softest of sighs.

After a moment, she stood a little straighter, and then entered the land further. A light smile grazed her muzzle as she felt a weight seem to ease off of her back. Zona now had a new future to look forward to. New equines to meet, and hopefully a herd to call her home. Her ears flicked around some, trying to pick up any sound around her. Since the land was unknown to her, so were the predators. The young mare did not feel like being pounced upon on her first day to her new home.

Zona halted after a few paces into the lands. The mare looked around, blinking a little. Then she stretched out her wings and flapped them a few times, kicking up some dirt and dust. Her nose could pick up the scents of other equines around...but she did not see any around her yet. "Hello?"

230 words
[Image: ocDmMNl.png]

Noah Posts: 59
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Riven
After months afield, exploring and experiencing the phenomenon of this magical wonderland, it has all come to this bittersweet ending.

Uncertainty is the refuge of hope…

It is the essence of romance (he has learned this)…

It is the path to freedom…

But most of all, uncertainty has become Noah’s new normal and it is the greatest of his stressors. That warm morning – already it feels like a lifetime ago - he had left the sanctuary (couldn’t have imagined the level of truth in this), of Manangatang and shed a weightless existence free of actual accountability and freedom. Blindly he had stumbled upon the very same forest which now he strolled through, and had been claimed by natives to serve in their hierarchy. To him, still, it all seems to make very little sense, but for the sake of his dove, the winged stallion tries in earnest to appease this new style of life.

Brief discussions (more instructions, he feels bemusedly), with a soldier days following their return, has lead him beyond the frozen borderline in the north to find a recruit - someone standing in the dappled light of this old forest, who strikes him as uncomfortable, lost or equally out of place. For the better part of this newest journey, he flies out of preference, but as the army of straggly, stinking redwoods grows tighter, Noah is forced to descend and search more primitively at their feet. The afternoon is aglow, ageing, and the enormous trunks around him throw long dank shadows; he shuffles between them with rattling nostrils trained low to the ground – for bright scent clings to grass and bark, providing reassurance that his mission isn’t in vain.

As one hour bleeds painfully into the next with frustrating, futile slowness, he begins to tire of the whole idea. Thought wanders brazenly - stubbornly - back to the darling left behind and the strange metamorphosis surrounding both her appearance and mind, through recent months. He dotes over her the best of his ability, even stepping up his daily delivery of floral delights to each morning and night; the smile such small tokens lift, is enough to warm his heart through, and though she is decidedly more emotional than he can remember her being prior, the cosy, mellow security of their bond provides him self-worth. In her, he has found a purpose – a reason to pander to the strange whims of the Basin, and tie himself to their cause.

A sudden call on the wind summons his focus and brawn jerks to life suddenly, bright sea-green eyes flashing wide; Noah has been dozing, lost to the perfect existence of his angel, but as the female’s voice fades, he sends forth his own in answer, “Hello!” With haste limbs barrel forward and hooves thrum to the rhythm of a three-beat gait. His search now is narrowed to the nearest vicinity of that stranger, and he scours the rough wilderness for her position – at last, he finds her, crisp like the snow flanking the valley he serves – and her bold crimson stare fast ensnares his attention. The line he was fed, turns over and over in his mind, and without thinking – before even gracing her the courtesy of small talk – nervous tongue hurls it forth; "I am Noah… From the Basin. A soldier.

I mean, from Aurora Basin.

Uh…"

Stunned, for he has been rehearsing it tirelessly, Noah stands before her like a lunatic, muttering beneath his breath with eyes scattered erratically across the earth. "Sorry miss…. I’m kind of new to this thing... recruiting."
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding

@Zona
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death
(no need to ask)

Aurora Basin Mare
Zil
Zona was about to leave when she heard a voice answer hers. Male by the sound of it, if she was not incorrect. She turned her gaze towards the sound of incoming hooves, and soon had the male himself to intake with her eyes. The mare blinks, taking in his blue orbs and brown against white hide...and wings much like hers. A smile graced her maw and she let him introduce himself. "Greetings, Noah, I am Zona" a slight bow of her head was added to this.

After her own introduction, she perked her ears forward. "Recruiting? Meaning you are here to add to your herd??" it was almost to good to be true, seeing as she was wondering where she may end up not moments before this stallions arrival. Zona could not hold back her hope from shining in her eyes, and her smile growing excited. "I so do hope that is your purpose, for I am in need of a new home"

Noah Posts: 59
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Riven
Even despite the blundering of his inexperienced tongue and frantic scramble of thoughts in disarray, it seems the pale mistress received the intention of his message loud and clear. With a kindly tongue and well-met eye, the other greets Noah without even a flinch; in fact, her lovely pale features light up beneath the soft caress of an unaffected smile as her crown dips amid it all. It is a courteous and sophisticated manner that he is all quite unused to - heavy knees flex hesitantly while his thick, brawny crest bows beneath the sudden jolt of full, flowing flaxen - and he tries in earnest to reciprocate the effort. All the while, his gentle eyes behold her lean, taught frame, following the soft feminine contours of grace and beauty before arriving upon the refuge of favoured feather. The Basin held too few of their kind, and for this, he was all the more determined to take her.

Beneath the perk of her pretty pallid ears, scarlet gaze broadens with (something he presumes to be), intrigue, and she echoes his intent with a note of query; Noah nods quickly, smiling wider, as though the simple mention couldn’t be convincing enough - just a dash of sugar to sweeten the deal. "Well, I suppose that’s what it is… though the Basin herd is more than just numbers. There are ranks to fill, things to do and ‘horned-ones’ who need their egos nursed… According to him, that is about all herd life seems to be about; there is no doubt in his mind that life abroad is a finer adventure, but these days Nora sleeps longer and eats more, with a vengeance - the cold northern valley provides all she desires right at hand.

After the stallion’s (rather blunt), elaboration, the fairer’s facade ignites with excitement (unexpected, and certainly unmatched for the same topic), so he simply grins back, more for the sake of his own relief then anything else. The task of recruiting it seems, is far less laborious than predicted - in fact, tomorrow he might come back and try for another… Her bright, pleasant voice meets his ears like first golden rays after rain. ”You would be very welcome. I’m a soldier, but there are other things you could do… I think. Come! Let’s walk and talk.” Though he didn’t actually know very much at all about the inner workings of Aurora Basin, he presumed enough to give her a little head start - all with the very best intentions in mind.
Noah
I was born a warrior
I was born a warrior
Image | Coding

@Zona | I will start there thread in the Basin after you reply here :)
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death
(no need to ask)

Aurora Basin Mare
Zil
Zona gave a slight nod "Yes, let's depart from these wooded areas" she strode closer her wings moving slightly to feel better against her barrel. A glint of what seemed like gold came from her mane as she moved. The mare had no reason to fear the stallion, she had come from somewhat peaceful lands. Being only of two years, and fresh to these lands, she had yet to learn that some equines were of violent inclinations.

Therefore, the mare went right next to the male, giving him a warm grin. "Lead the way, Noah" now all there was to do was meet her new herd, and hope she could find a place within their ranks. Her tail moved to flick at a random insect that had bit her, and her ear twitched at the sound of a buzz as a result. A slight tenseness eased from her withers as she realized she had not killed the poor creature. Though she did not like biting insects any more than any other equine, nor did she wish to cause harm to one.

182 words