the Rift

[OPEN] Dances and marches in the pouring rain

Kiri Posts: 12
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0hh :: 3
Bonita

KIRI
When the coloured girl sings

Orangemoon is here and with it is the frost that Kiri would rather avoid. The warm weather and the lush greens are her safe space and her comfort zone. Kiri has not been active in socializing in quite some time but she has been watching. Things had gone from khaotic (yup she went there) to a calm but there is nothing in her bones that said it is over. It’s like people are still picking sides while others celebrate, there is smiles and joy, while also leaving and losses. Nothing new really.

Kiri wanted to finally get the place she had needed here for some time. She wasn’t going back ‘home’ and she wasn’t going anywhere else. She thought back to when she had met Lyanna, such a beautiful and sweet girl and then to how Kiri just disappeared.

Kiri thought to herself how that was rude on her part and uncalled for so she would hope to make it right and perhaps Lyanna would still allow her to enter worlds edge. She seemed like someone who wouldn’t hold a grudge.

Kiri carefully retraced the way in her mind to get to the worlds edge and wait near the entrance where she could easily be seen.
Lyanna if you’re not too busy… or to anyone else who might grant me entrance.
It was a long shot but she had to start somewhere and this is where she left off.

"blah blah blah."

@lyanna Look who's back! So sorry for disappearing! School ya know will eat your time alive!

Please tag Kiri in posts
Force/magic allowed but Kiri wants to stay alive.
:)

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

Lyanna feels lighter, in a way, then she has in a long time. Being promoted to Queen has been anything but easy, and that is a weight she feels constantly. That weight aside though, something about the change has given her some new purpose, some ability to feel like maybe this place really is home. That, in the end, was the thing she struggled with the most. Because Helovia was her second home, not one she chose. If given a choice, she never would have left Morham, never would have left Corbin or her parents. If given a second chance, she never would have left Adelene to her own devices in the Threshold either. Those were impossible if’s though. She had no choice and no way to go back in time. She’d only ever needed to move on, and perhaps, slowly, she has come to do that.

There are new things to keep her mind worrying, as she so often does. Kaos, of course, always lingers in her mind. She doesn’t think he is outright bad, necessarily, but she doesn’t know his intentions and that unnerves her. None of them do, as far as she’s aware, and sometimes uncertainty is the worst thing. Uncertainty leaves the mind to imagine, and imaginations run wild.

Her days however are filled with births and greeting newcomers and trying to get to the Threshold (a thing that never happens enough). Other days are filled with diplomatic meetings and patrols and soon, she knows, sparring. She needed to get back into the practice, needed to be worth something on the battlefield again to protect her herd. She’s never fought without the power of the wind, and it would be a whole new experience for her.

Today though is a day for a pleasant surprise. She’s nearby when her name is called from the gate, and she turns her course. The voice is familiar, but Lyanna can’t place it. She weaves through the trees with an ease that only comes with time, but she’s spent a few years in the Edge now, and she knew the place well. Soon, the large metal gate comes into view and beneath it, a familiar form. It takes her a moment to place the girl, but when she spots the markings on the face, she remembers.

“Kiri!” she calls as she crosses the space between then, surprised and glad to see the girl again. It was not entirely uncommon for horses to come here for a rest and then head off again. Not everyone stayed, as Lyanna had stayed. Of course, she’s always glad to see them come around again. At least the Edge had left an impression. “It’s good to see you. How are you? Oh, come in, come in.” She steps aside, letting the brown unicorn into the Edge. Even if she doesn’t intend to stay, she was a welcomed guest, after all.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Kiri - woo! glad to have you back, and glad school isn't eating you anymore

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Kiri Posts: 12
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0hh :: 3
Bonita

KIRI
don't hold your breath
we're jumping in
dipping in a pool of life

Kiri was in no rush and so she had begun to tease the grasses beneath her hooves with her lips. She ate a little and played a little. She looked to see grasses with tufts of seeds on them and she saw other grasses that looked like clovers, some had little purple flowers and some were bigger with prickly leaves that almost felt sharp on her lips. It caused a swift nicker to come from her throat and her entire head, horns and all, bounced in surprise. She wasn’t harmed though, instead a soft and mischievous smile crept across her lips. She used a hoof to stand on the leaf and snort at it, spraying it with air and snot. She felt proud in the little game to have defeated the nasty prinkle leaf!

She raised her head to the sound of air on feathers and hooves on the moist oreangemoon ground. The familiar dark colors alone with the teal wing tips was instantly recognizable. Kiri let out a familiar excited neigh and a smile plastered across Kiri’s face to let Lyanna know that Kiri is happy to see her. Kiri’s green eyes focused on Lyanna as she spoke and the mutual recognition was felt in her heart. Home and family mean a lot in Kiri’s culture, to have that here possibly could be just what Kiri needs to be her best and push forward in these uncertain times.

Kiri took the invitation from Lyanna to step past the threshold and early walked into World’s Edge once again. Things are mostly the same. I have been hiding mostly. There are a lot of things that I needed to think about. Between losing my world prior to arriving here and Koas weighing of everyone’s mind, I just needed some time to collect myself and my thoughts, to decide how I feel about all of it. Her smile flickered down to a ember for a moment before sparking to light as she changed her thoughts in her mind. I would like to take you up on your offer from before! Worlds Edge is the first place I thought of when I decided I wanted a whanau back. A family. I feel comfortable here… She grinned genuinely with that statement but since it was kinda sappy Kiri finished it with a bit of a sarcastic tone to lighten the statement. … it doesn’t hurt that the ocean in so close by! A lighthearted laugh escaped her lungs. Enough about me! What is new with you? You look to be in good health and spirits. Do tell! Kiri gave Lyanna her full attention, her long tail unable to keep still.

"blah blah blah."

@lyanna Haha my brain can recover from the load. I'm happy to be here though!

Please tag Kiri in posts
Force/magic allowed but Kiri wants to stay alive.
:)