the Rift

[OPEN] dancing in the darkness [welcoming!]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
They trudged to the Edge, though it was a far shorter journey than it would have been had she still remained at the Basin. Though she walked slower to help Hotaru in any way she could, knowing that traveling while pregnant was difficult. There was small talk here and there, of places and events that happened, all while Kiada did her best to stay at the back of the group away from her mother. She wasn’t sure if it was something she had said, or if the girl was feeling anti-social. Still, she didn’t question it, though she made a mental note to ask about it when they weren’t surrounded by friends.

As they approached the great metal gate, the glass spikes around the border appeared menacing, and she wondered what Hotaru would think of such safety measures. As she reached the gate, she began to nudge it open, her chains clinking and glinting in the light with her efforts. Then, after the gate sprung open, she smiled to the two of them as she turned to face them in the morning light. “I hope it wasn’t too terrible of a journey.” She noted, her eyes softening each time they landed on Hotaru, with the prospect of friendship billowing in her stomach.

Unfortunately, I cannot accept you as I’ve been quite the hermit lately. But I do welcome you both. I’m sure someone will be along soon to get you officially accepted.” She added in, offering them solace within the borders just inside the metal gate. “Feel free to rest if you need it, Hotaru. I’m sure you’re exhausted.” She added in, stepping aside to allow room for the group to enter.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

Posting Kiada then tagging <3
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
Kiada

The journey wasn’t far, thankfully. Kiada had far too much information granted to her in one day than she was expecting. It was exhausting emotionally, and Khairi remained alongside her sheep-like flames while they walked, with inner turmoil growing and expanding the longer she sat on the thought. Nevertheless, the mare remained behind the group, only finally pushing the thought aside enough to step beside Thranduil and offer him the tiniest of smiles.

Kaos isn’t all bad, you know.” She began, lifting her head higher to look upon her mother as they slowly crept up to the border of the Edge. “He gives gifts. I could take you to the Marshes some time, perhaps you could meet him. He’d like you, I think.” She mentioned quietly, eyes glancing around as if she was telling some deep dark secret. In a way, it was. It wasn’t widely accepted, dealing with Kaos. But she’d only tell those she knew well enough of her endeavors with the one who used to be named Kisamoa.

She wondered if Thranduil would be interested in such things, and instead of having him choose at the moment, she offered him another roguish smile. “You know where to find me if you choose to take me up on the offer.” And with that, she laughed quietly before allowing the two in the metal gate, and following from behind.

"Talk."

img by Mar <3 || coding by Smitty <3

@Thranduil @Hotaru and any lead to accept them would be fantastic :D <3

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

In the Threshold --

It seemed the gold still could not comprehend the complexity of the one dark prince. Yet he has little attention to give the Puppeteer, especially as Hotaru’s weight comes again and presses on him. The crowned head turns down and gives out only glances to those around afterward. One hark though did catch the suddenly colder wind that blew towards him from the new lord. The golden noting he only welcomed the rosen Valkyrie, and the allure to a sarcastic twist of his description of the land. It seemed there was still a bit of the more teenagery Rikyn left afterall, though he did a commendable job keeping it together. Yet the youth still had things to learn…it wasn’t just weather that could make the Basin hell for the gold (nor even a Brat for a king), and it made his hide flicker to think of it.

Only, there was no time to question, to watch a turned back, or to think of future conversations, as Hotaru’s whispered words comes to his ear his insides knot. She was admitting weakness, fragility, and inside he feels his blood pour out from his body and his knees slightly weak, for he knew, if she was admitting such things, even just to him, she was surely faltering. He hated it. He hated to see her in such a way, and to hear her admit such things, mostly because he knew what they cost for her….that…and it made him worry in a way he was not the greatest and hiding. He hated it because it made him fear for her. It twisted up his gut in knots and kicked them around like play time, and it made all the blood suddenly disappear from his body, drained by concern. Worse yet….he’d put her in this position. It was his doing that left her in this state….All these things though, there was not time to admit, to let whisper in his being, she needed to go, now. So the gold, keeping the same mask as she lets his head raise to Rexanna with a smile, though more tempered. “Lead the way Rexanna.” The strain of immediacy lacing over it ever so subtly. And hurry.

At the gates--

All the way the gold sticks close to the rosen side, though it remained stained dark pink, near red, with sweat. Every step the Laurelin tried to aid, by giving space, or letting his side gently guide her, whatever she seemed to require. The most delicate of care, the most tender, and yet he tries all the same to hide it. He tries to hide the breath he lets blow on her neck now and then to encourage and in a vain attempt, to cool. Tries to hide how even his tasseled tail wraps around her hip now and again, perhaps not to offer support but to help guide and steady. He tries to hide it in a forward looking, light look. And thankfully, Kiada does offer some distraction, even if he only desires it for appearance sake.

It was a shame then really that she spoke of things he did find utterly fascinating. Given the darker nature RIkyn had described and the on he’d seen in both this youth and her brother, the gold was hardly surprised she found him fascinating. Though he hadn’t expected it to be whispered in such….tone of secrecy. The girl was delicate, and the gold mulls through watching her, was she lending her words sacredly? Her attempts were to pull him in, and the gold watches carefully, lending nothing back except for a nod of understanding at first.

He certainly wanted to know more about this Kaos. What Rikyn had imparted was a great deal, but it left one question still unanswered….what did he want? Perhaps he should visit this shrine and lend and ear. It made a side of his lips curl to think of the old phrases thrown his way…such as you never know what side he might be on. Perhaps now it was time to call upon that quality, and put a best hoof forward for this most strange being. “Look for me soon then.” He sidles out. A promise met. A handshake of agreement.

Kiada was a distraction, but for appearance sake only still, and the gold let’s his attention turn back fully to his mate when the small group stops. His harks slide back slightly and he looks past the gate.Hurry up. He whines at the lagging time, even though it had only passed a second. For him though, as he thought of the mare at his side, every second was too long. Had he had a better standing with the Edge when he left he might have even dared blowing past the creamy gold mare, and damning any who tried to lay blame on him. Yet Tembovu, if he was still king, merely tolerated him. Alysanne had caught him in a stealth (though that was, as he argued before his time here). The ranking spies didn’t even know he name hardly, and if any of the rulers had changed, he doubted he knew them. Most annoyingly to him, the gold it seemed was stuck to obeying. Even he, with all his ego, would not let his vanity risk the safety of the one beside him. All he let slip of this though was a pined glance to Rexanna, one fleeting moment for her alone, touching the honesty and openness they shared to reveal how serious the situation was. Then he head turns away, and the mask pulled back down.

So he waits, trying to give any comfort Hotaru would allow, especially given the company. Each second ticking by like an eternity.

OOC ::
"Speech"

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Image credit.

@Rexanna @Hotaru

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
“Reksana?”

Yael’s unique cadence wafts through the air as the gilded pegasus breaks through the trees and crosses towards the gate. A delighted smile stretches across her face, for it’s been a whole year since she’s seen more than a glimpse of the sweet unicorn who’d literally talked her off the cliff. Her daughter is with the group, and two she’s unfamiliar with - no, one she’s met, but not in his original form. Down by the water, back when Kisamoa had asked for bones, she’d gathered and ferried while he mocked and blasted things. But it wasn’t him - like this. So as far as the Seer is concerned, they’ve never met.

Romina, she knew - but not Hotaru. Her first impression of the Lady-she-never-met was not altogether pleasant, given the flightiness of her daughter, the fear and flight instincts which seemed to drive the young filly away from a very clearly helpless Yael.

Aside from all that, well, the Seer is prejudice-free. There seems to be a newer, more tolerant generation in Helovia these days (funny, because Yael is numerically of their parents’ or grandparents’ generation, and aging is just now starting to set in). A common enemy is a curious thing.

“Reksana!” She says again, bounding forward to meet the group. “Xello, my dear.” A warm gaze sweeps across the two strangers, giving them slightly appraising looks, curiosity slipping to the surface. “Xoo xaf ve xere?”

Yael

a lover of the light

@Rexanna  
@Thranduil  
@Hotaru  
@Kiada

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

I am a quiet god
and my hunger
is cavernous

Needless to say, by the time Alice had ascertained Romina's safety and returned to the Valkyrie's side, she hadn't been happy. What ensued was best left to the privacy of their own minds, especially considering how...verbose each could be, to put it politely.

Alice made her stance quite clear - no matter the positives the Edge may hold, temporary or otherwise, it did not balance out the rest. The lack of family, the raw edges of Rexanna's soon to be constant presence, the betrayal of the one herd and land she'd always devoted herself to. Still, Hotaru could not help but recall a conversation she'd held with the Goddess long ago, young and swollen with fire and eclipsing moons.

"Your queen? And yet you continue to live under the rule of my brother, yielding your allegiance to the Reaper and the Gildedblade."

She had been unable to summon appropriate responses, but her heart had beat wildly to know that the Goddess had a sly hand in the Edge's decisions. That she was not so far removed as the Lord of Time, appearing only in thunderous cracks of lightning with a sour face and terse, mocking words. Hotaru had never coincided well with the Spark, their personalities at odds. Hotaru was a child of darkness and smoke, born from a mother cursed by her Goddess during birth, to later die at her hand. Perhaps this really wasn't the greatest betrayal, to reside in a different herdland. She'd already betrayed her parents as much as she could have, to still worship the Goddess that had killed them.

Her thoughts occupy her the entirety of the trip, skin vibrating with excitement and dread. Strung tight, a clothesline wrapped too tight around creaking posts. Sweat drenches, knees shake, but she marches with a stalwart stubbornness to the east. To the cliffs and the mists she had never seen the insides of. The one herdland that had not seen her hooves beyond its borders.

So when they arrive, mists parting lazily to reveal wicked spears and a towering door with the phases of the moon lovingly inscribed upon the front, Hotaru does not fear. The trepidation that lingers in her heart is born of weakness, flawed mortal that she is. But her faith is unwavering in her Goddess, no matter how long she had been gone or for what reasons.

Alice presses against her weak legs, hell black eyes staring from a pale face.

I am your courage.

Hotaru smiles and warmth washes through their bond, carrying her tired body onward through the metal arches.

Yes. And I am your faith.

Rexanna's voice is soft, but it grates against her ears, which hold their position through will alone. Don't speak to me so patronizingly, she wants to spit, with enough venom to cripple and wound, to linger in the woman's bloodstream for weeks in agonizing reminder of how she'd crossed the Valkyrie. Anger was easier to hold onto, to cup in her bloodied hands, than forgiveness. Than the tattered remains of friendship, of love, that Hotaru kept in her back pocket.

Instead the vixen cuts her gaze sharply away from the marble-faced maiden, and though she cannot help how she leans close to Thranduil for the sake of conserving energy, there is something vaguely possessive and defensive about the way she positions herself close to the soft spots of him. This may be the land of her Goddess, but Hotaru did not fool herself into thinking she was so favored as to be saved by any celestial forces should the welcoming party not be so...welcoming. Any who wished to take aim at her mate's past - one she held deep, vicious pride in, for his cloaked life and curling, rapturously dangerous tongue - would have to spear through her first.

From the mists comes a woman, golden and foreign, with a tongue like woven linen and the heady cologne of desert flowers. Hotaru heaves herself higher, crown rising and face settling into a smooth, glasslike countenance. Past the exhaustion and the burden of motherhood, until she is the missing Lady she has never ceased being, simply...displaced.

But she had returned.

"I am the Valkyrie," she says with soft, winsome tones. The glint of her eyes discerning, curious, scientific. The expression around it pleasant, carefully crafted to distract from the windows to her soul. "But you may call me Hotaru." For a moment she lets her gaze slide to Thranduil, allowing him his own grandiose introductions. But her patience - her strength - is sapping faster than the length this conversation will surely draw out to be.

"We have come seeking a home. Are there any leaders who can grant us their blessing? I'm afraid the foals are eager to see their new home," she grunts softly, strangling the sound in her throat with a pleasant, slightly too-sharp smile. Now. Get somebody here now or I'm going to give birth to these fucking kids right on your doorsteps, you pleasant assholes. Alice snickers at her side, and Hotaru wishes she had the strength to aim a snap of her heel towards the bitch.

Hotaru had withstood kidnapping, death, battle, and more. It seemed impending birth was one of the few things to rattle her beautiful mask. But she didn't care, because she was going to give birth right then and there, standing and all, if they didn't just speed things up.

So much for a homecoming.

Image Credit
Code: Time & Neo
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
One of your leaders -

The mare’s title means nothing to the Seer, but the grunt breath which catches tightly in her throat, does along with signs of weariness in her limbs and a weakness she tries to hide by leaning on the stallion. She’s seen it all before, born it, walked it, felt the pangs too many times to not see it now. Mother and grandmother and once-midwife, yes, a lifetime carries all those roles now finally ends with Crone, Wise One, and Seer. Former Queen recognizes former Queen in her actions, expression barely changing into one of mildly arched amusement. They underestimate her. It is a common enough occurrence, given the foreigner’s size and overly polite demeanor, but of course, this is neither the time nor place for a proverbial battle of swords.

Yael’s black-tipped wing sweeps aside in a gesture of welcoming, opening the proverbial gate to travelers who so kindly seek entry. “I am Yael.” Her tongue dances over the syllables, smoothing the sounds together and breaking them apart in twists and turns of a dancer’s bells. “As Seer, I velcome you,” she says ever so formally, tradition and courtesy easily finding the words to bestow a blessing upon the pair, sure that neither Aly nor Lyanna would turn away a mare in foal. If nothing else, The Valkyrie would owe them a favor.

The petite mare steps aside in an elegant gesture, allowing the group to choose their own path into the protective pine trees. Her gaze searches for either Kiada or Reksana. Zani is still too young to run and fetch a healer, but perhaps one of their companions could. “Ve might need a Doctor, eef xer foals are zat eager to come” Oh, she’d caught that fact too - multiple children, not just one. Twins could be a more difficult delivery, and Yael is not versed in herblore. “Perxaps Aly?" Queen and former Doctor - now that’s killing two birds with one stone.

Yael

a lover of the light

Yeahhhh no shame, I saw this right after Brit posted... Sorry :/

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

Hours…second? The gold’s sense of time was slipping away faster than his patience. The gold was used to bidding his time in the shadows, watching and waiting for the right moment to slip forth and seep whatever ill-fated future he desired upon some poor unfortunate soul. What he was not used to was standing in the sun, in the open, waiting for judgement of some kind, with all the taxing pressure and anxiety of a father to be (or re-be, but he wasn’t even going near that bombshell). He wasn’t used to not knowing what to do, or even trying to help, really help, in a meaningful way. He wasn’t used to everything now asked of him by tradition, by his feelings. All in all, he was feeling rather useless…and he wasn’t used to that.

And it was getting worse the more Hotaru began to show signs of the times. Thankfully, an unknown figure came towards them. Hotaru’s formality causes the gold’s hide to twitch to attention as it stood in such sharp contrast to this morning. Perhaps when there was time to reflect he’d find its reason, but for the moment there were a few too many other things pressing. “Thranduil, the Laurelin.” He adds, simply, his masked smile lifting slightly in efforts to seem…normal. Perhaps when the one by him had her full healthy and strength again he’d let himself flaunt his more natural flare. But his throat was pressed by the force of his aching chest, and caught dry by his concern, leaving him nothing but a hollow shell.

The foreign mare, though at times difficult to follow the accent of, revealed she was not only able to bestow her blessing, but willing. It perhaps would have been more amusing another day to think of her ignorance at who she let just waltz into her home. Not that there were any immediate plans to burn it to the ground, but considering who they were, and that they were together…it was rather a handsome gift for the Edge, be it a blessing or curse.

The gold let the one at his side set the pace. Though he would have loved to high step with her into their new home, or playfully pull her to the cliffs at water’s edge, his favorite spot. Yet it seemed though he knew of her condition, he was in shock for just how…pressing the matter (or matters) were. It took another’s insight to finally see through it. Through the foreign tongue he finds the term doctor, and a shiver runs down the gold’s dark spine.

Now? Haldir , having hung quietly by the gathering since they’d left Duir, even looks up in slight surprise. Not now. Surely not. The gold head twists slightly to let his earth eyes find hers, the gold in them sparking, but shivering. It was too much, the strain of the journey, the weight of her mind- It was all too much assuredly. Harks twist back, not that he had ever seen such things, never knew the strain of birth on a mare, but surely it could not be of help to go into the strain of birth already utterly exhausted. Not to mention, if the gold was helpless before, he was surely now, and far outside of his area of expertise. Haldir, sensing the growing unknown, wavers closer to the gold, letting his dark hide bump a gold leg. It did little to reassure.  

The thrill which should be pulsing through him at seeing the future of the Valkyrie and Laurelin was crushed under the dragging weight the reality they found themselves in. At a lost, was not usually prescribed to the golden’s character, and it fit him poorly as his smile slightly faded, the mask slipping. They were a pair, a tandem, but this next path she’d have to make for herself. He would be there, as he had been since the day they’d committed to this, but the gold could do little, worth little now. All he could offer, was a gentle nibble at crest of her mane, a cool breath on her neck, and a drop of the head to her level, an admittance to any command, wish, or desire she gave. None, but one, had ever called on such admittance of love as a bowed golden head.

Perhaps one day he’d curse himself for being so weak, rage against the chain and collar this day made obvious, or even lash out at that which partly caused all these feelings. One day he might question the link now shared between the rosen Valkyrie and the pale white ghost lingering even now in corner of his consciousness. One day he might remember all the emotions, feelings, and debilitating agonies this moment should have crashing and raging in like a storm. But for now he was caught in her web, blinded his worry for her life (let alone that of their unborn children), and worn from the journey, wanting the simple pleasure to lie securely in a bed. Yet it seemed they would both be denied that. So it all washed away, into whispers in the background of his mind, so nothing was left in his sight but she, his Valkyrie, and the feeling, as she leaned against him, of three heartbeats.

OOC :: Thran just stands there...feeling useless XD
"Speech"

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Image credit.

@Rexanna @Hotaru @Yael

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
Kiada

The tension in the air was strong the more they waited, wandering through the metal gates. Thranduil, beforehand, agreed to take her up on her offer, to which the fire harpy was pleased. Perhaps she could get many more on her side, her brother, the Laurelin, perhaps even her dear friend Syrena all the way in the Throat would like to meet Kaos under different circumstances – where he wasn’t a giant bone monster killing people. So to the Laurelin, she nodded, before Yael appeared at the gates. The mare Kiada only truly knew from her dragon form, having spent the better part of a day as it. It was almost strange to look upon her in her gilded Pegasus hide.

She remains silent as Hotaru and Thranduil introduce themselves, noticing the slight shortness in the pink woman’s remarks. As Yael informs Hotaru they could get a doctor, she nods to her Aunt. “I have become a healer, as well. I don’t have magic, but I know of plants that can help.” Her oceanic gaze drifted from Hotaru to Thranduil in case he might have a different, perhaps better idea. She admired the golden man, for everything he had helped her with in her youth. She felt as though she owed him, and it was things like this that were little yet significant, in a way that she could show her gratitude.

Then her eyes shifted to her mother, who had greeted the gilded Pegasus like an old friend, wondering just how long her mother had known these strangers that she had just begun to notice. Quietly, she moved away from the duo toward her cream and gold dam, dipping her head to Yael once again before pausing in her step, wondering if she should stay or if she should go.

"Talk."

img by Mar <3 || coding by Smitty <3

Rex incoming <3

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
Of course, Hotaru had her reasons for not wanting to come to the Edge. Many of which, the gilded ex-thief had no idea of. But Rexanna had her own hard times living in a herd she felt as though she still barely knew. She had a job in the Basin, things to tend to and decisions to make. Now, she simply had turned into a baby maker – finding that the Elephant’s genes were strong, and so many children made things exhausting. But she still pressed on.

Perhaps if she ventured further out in the Edge, she’d realize she had been staying in the same herd as her ex-lover. The same herd of the monster that had caused the death of the first child she ever carried. Perhaps she’d realize that he had been there all along, since before she had come along. Would that have changed anything? Of course it would have. She would have refused to live there, remained at the Basin with her children, until the man ceased to exist.

But the mare didn’t know, and instead, stood helplessly at the edges of the gates as Yael approached, her thickly accented voice reaching out to her cream ears. A smile grew on Rexanna’s lips as she turned to the gold Pegasus, the one she had talked down from the ledge so long ago now. “Yael!” She answered back before Hotaru and Thranduil spoke their introductions. Then, Yael returned with the idea of a doctor, and her own daughter spoke up of being a healer. Something of which Rexanna didn’t know either. She offered her daughter a soft smile as she approached, looking to Hotaru and Thranduil with soft blue eyes.

So that’s that, I guess. Welcome home. Do you both need anything?” She questioned, a tilt of her head in uncertainty.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Yael @Hotaru @Thranduil
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!