the Rift

[OPEN] Lost in the moonlight

Astarot Posts: 81
Dragon's Throat Sun Physician atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 2 (Birdsong) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zafír :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Pare

A cold breeze whistles through the barren branches as the moon shimmers over the glittering ceiling. A shiver rippled through his muscular body. The cold atmosphere matched the winter rolling through his heart. His usually upbeat mood had fled during the day like a bear for hibernation. Unable to watch her bonded sulk the dragon had left trying her best to ignore the loneliness creeping through their bond. He sighed softly gazing up at the shimmering colored glass ceiling. The colors flashed around as the trees over head cut the moonlight. The stream gurgled softly in the distance accompanied by the creaking of the tree limbs. He slowly lost himself in thought.

He had seen how happy his father was with The Mountain That Knows, among several random couples he had witnessed around Helovia. A hole was slowly growing in his soul drawing him out away from the land of foals in search of someone to patch it. He doubted he would find someone to fill it forever, but surely someone would be able to patch it up? A soft sigh warmed the air around his dark muzzle. 'There has to be someone out there for me.' A few faces flashed through his mind, but he shoved them away. They were all to beautiful and amazing to even look twice at him. Amaris was one of the most beautiful mares eh had ever met in his life. Tiamat was kind and stunning, but she was a queen and would never settle for a lowly healer.

---------------------------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 255
OOC/Tags;; Open sorry it sucks! I hate first posts xD
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_trans_tag_by_are_we_...a8y6wy.png]

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie
& I think to myself

Maude

The only thing about her father being away on a quest which was turning out to be not so bad was her newfound freedom to wander at her leisure. Though her adventures were somber and more silent than usual, the filly having little heart to sing with her usual bravado, it did do much to pass the hours, and keep her from worrying, or growing sorrowful. Besides, having spent most of her life so far in the Edge, there was much of Helovia she had not seen, and the girl could not help but feel slightly proud that she would have stories of her own to tell her father, when he came home.

Certainly less wary in her travels than she should be, the child has gone further from the Edge than she ever has without much preparedness but for her cloak and herbs, and has kept wandering after the fall of the Sun (though she had stopped to watch in awe, to breathlessly stare in wonder at how very different it was here, than it was at home). The naïve youth should perhaps already have found a safe place to bed down for the night, but the full figure of the Moon, and the silver illumination which flooded forth from her round bosom and spilled across the realm, highlighting each narrow footpath and snagging root, have kept her wandering.

Her eyes are trained on the stars, glimpsed through the last leaves of the autumn, mostly brown, but some lingeringly red, all seemingly somewhat purple or merely black in the night and the Moon’s glow, at least until the song of a brook lures her gaze back down. Her wandering speed, which had been but an aimless meander, suddenly gains purpose, her pearl laden antlers rising with the upwards lift of her chin, her ears curiously pricked forth, as she harries down the path which seems most likely to lead her to the source of the sound.

Maude comes upon the Rotunda and gasps in wonder, unaware of Astarot’s presence in her utter enthrallment at the sight of the ancient structure. The billowing silks and the whisper of the brook, dappled with the silver light cast from above, which wraps about it fill her soul with their beauty, and nearly inspire tears to bloom in the corners of her eyes. Breathlessly she dances towards the shallow waters, bending her crown to drink from its cold, perfect waters.

It’s only as she drinks, and gazes at the moonlight piercing through the tapestry of color that covers the Rotunda, that she notices the stallion standing within, he himself marked by the myriad panes across champagne flesh. She is suddenly ashamed, for having not noticed him, and for having been so clearly enamored with the natural beauty of this place; clearly one who has never seen it before, while he appears perfectly at home, perhaps even sleeping (well, until she’d blundered in, of course). Lifting her head with a flustered hurriedness, she steps back several paces, and hurriedly explains her presence.

"Oh, gosh, I’m sorry," she smiles apologetically, intending to leave (to let him continue to sleep, of course) if he does not stop her, "I didn’t see you there. How rude of me, to interrupt your rest."

what a wonderful world

Image by Stephan Mignon@Flickr - Code by Me
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.