the Rift

[PRIVATE] Better late than never

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Mpenzi?”

His call was deep and, though quiet, still carried easily over the crazy of breakers that funneled into their caves. But the Elephant King was not in their caves; no, he stood over them, alongside the ancient tree whose roots they lived among and beneath.

He had taken his time coming back from the meeting—long steps were slow and measured. Great bulk wound between the thick, misted trunks, waiting for the weight to lift from his mind and shoulders. This was a decision made for both his families: Edge and blood. His homecoming after such a thing should not be morose but exuberant. He knew this. And he was happy at the prospect of no more arguments, of being there for Safiri, of being around both sets of children, of being near Rexanna more.

But it was his heart’s gilded siren that kept him above their caves, waiting. Since their harsh words, there had been an ever-present tension between them. The Elephant found it unbearable. A long, low breath pushed out of his nostrils—as if steadying himself for whatever words were about to come.

Though, he felt calmer than he had the last time they exchanged more that mere formal greetings—so perhaps there was hope for this.
rexanna & tembovu
I wish I had done everything on earth with you.
image || coding

@Rexanna Set a bit after the meeting where he steps down? #liquidtimeftw

Also, sorry for the shortness, but I figured we could speed-thread this? :)

Please tag Tembovu.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Mpenzi?” The words rang out to her as she remained in the cave she had called home for so long now. But the voice didn’t ring from the entrance, no. Instead, it rang from somewhere else. Curiously, she began to poke her head out of the mouth of the cave, knowing full well that it was her lover, her best friend that had spoken the pet name he had given her. A smile creased the corners of her lips, knowing that so much had happened since their last true conversation.

It had ended with harsh words and deep, saddening thoughts. As she poked her head out, she glanced around before finally looking up at the space next to the beautiful tree that helped create the roof of their home. “Tamu yangu!” She called out in his native tongue, pride beaming through her chest and pale gilded body as she slipped out of the cave and finally looked up at him. He was tired, exhausted, and sad, and her heart ached for him.

She hoped speaking in Dorobian would help make the feeling a bit more manageable. “Kiada taught me a word or two.” She admitted, before moving away from the mouth of the cave to meet him up on the roof. As she approached him, she reached her pale muzzle out to brush her face alongside his shoulder. “I’ve missed you, my love. I’m sorry about before.” She admitted quietly, knowing that life was too short to be mad, especially after having visited Deimos’ tomb.

"Rex talks!"
---
Tamu yangu - my sweet

rexanna & tembovu
I wish I had done everything on earth with you.
image || coding

@Tembovu YES SPEED THREAD <3
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Nostrils flare and scent her long before the soft voice hit his black-rimmed ears. His eyes close for a breath longer than necessary as sunshine and lilies mingles with the briny breeze that brings Rexanna’s aura to him—and he cannot help the lightening of his once-worried features by the instinctive and small grin the crossed his thick lips.

Ears perk forward; relief striking through his chest at the bright voice and native tongue that called out to him—that was far more promising start than their previous ‘conversation.’ Navy eyes, still lined with tiredness, warmed and lightened as he looked down to golden siren that had stolen his heart so long ago in the Threshold. And, for a few long moments, he simply enjoyed watching her as she emerged from their home—something he hadn’t done in a long while.

His great head dipped in acknowledgment of Kiada teaching her mother Dorobian (though guilt pierced him as he realized that he had not taught her as much as he intended to), but he remained silent as she approached and continued to watch her. Dark blue eyes caught the elegant arc of her neck as she walked, the curve of her chest that moved with each step, the delicate sway of her silken locks over satin skin.

His muzzle reached out (instinctively) towards her outstretched muzzle, thick lips gently lipping her velvet skin there in greeting. “I, too, am sorry,” was his rumbled reply—though to the Elephant who was a man of action, it felt lacking.

So, he after a pause and study of Rexanna’s face, he continued, “I do not want to be absent in your life or our children’s life again—you are too important.” He paused, reaching for words to encompass what he meant and felt, “I’ve lost this before—I will not lose it again.” The last was a vow, a promise, set in stone by his deep rumble.
tembovu, the elephant
set a fire deep in my soul; one I can’t contain, one I won’t control.
image || coding

@Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.

Just as before, his pale muzzle stretched out to reach her own. His velvet touch, lipping at her own. “I, too, am sorry” She heard him say, feeling a smile growing on her lips in an effort to push away the harsh, dark feeling that had been eating at them both in the time they spent together. It was better now, getting to put it behind them for bigger and better things. He pulled away, studying her face, and she watched his own – his tired blue eyes, creases where sleep deprivation had given him – from under the gift of gilded chains that he had given her.

The last sentence he said, she knew was painful. Her smile faltered as she reached out to attempt to embrace him, pulling him tightly to her if he allowed. “You won’t lose us, darling.” She cooed to him, pressing her face against his chest. “The twins aren’t around much anymore, now that they’ve gotten older. But I’ve been borrowing the glass cart from the crafters to take Safiri out. Perhaps she’d love a day with just her father.” She admitted gingerly, her smile returning as she looked back at him to try and make sure he understood what she meant.

Then, when it came to her, she tried to assure him of her own well being. “It was hard before… But she’s old enough now. She can explore a bit further out than just the cave. It makes it easier to get a breath of fresh air. And now – now you’re home more often.” She began, her tail swishing as she tried to pick her words lightly. “I’m sorry you gave up your rank, but you’ll always be my King. Now we can enjoy the little things.” She finally stated, searching his exhausted features for his reaction.

"Talk?"
rexanna
darling, you have a dreamer's heart.
you mustn't let the clouds eclipse your light.
image || coding

@Tembovu <3

The Elephant remained silent as his love spoke—assuaging his fears as she almost instinctively did. Though, given their past fight, her words did not have the instantaneous balm as before; he had too much guilt for his absence and how he had treated her previously for that. But, still, they worked far better than anything either he or Mbwene had tried thus far. And, for that, he gratefully lipped at the ashen ends of Rexanna’s silken mane. A low, contented and deep hum thrumming from his throat.

He blithely listened to all Safiri’s successes, great skull nodding at the genius of Rexanna to borrow the crafter’s glass cart in order to aid their daughter’s poor health.Upendo wangu nzuri na akili, he murmured quietly as his muzzle moved up from her mane-tips to the juncture of her jaw and throat.

His great head nodded slightly in agreement, muzzle brushing against her skin, as she gently suggested that he spend time with their daughter, alone. She was right, and he held no ill-will for Rexanna pointing out that he hadn’t spent nearly enough time with their sweet princess. Also, this moment of intimacy—pure and unadulterated by tension—felt good. Far too good for any hurt pride to ruin it.

Though he did pause his caressing lips for a moment as she offered her apologies for him abdicating the Edge’s throne—and some frisson of disquiet cut through him…but he dismissed it, instead focusing on the woman he loved. So he gently, playfully, nipped her skin, “Or the not so little things,” he teased.

“It’s been so long, too long,” he murmured quietly, his great heat moving closer to her slick, smooth skin. But he wouldn’t take charge this time. Given their fight, it would be Rexanna that would dictate what he could and could not do to her body—though the heat that pulsed through him threatened to roar, a flame dormant too long with far too much kindling.

upendo wangu nzuri na akili = my beautiful and intelligent mate
image || coding

@Rexanna WHATA SHOCKER, Tembo making a pass on Rex #typical

Please tag Tembovu.

The soft words he murmured to her made little to no sense to her, uncertain of what the words meant. She assumed it meant good things, however with the idea that she knew so little, her mind teased at the idea that it wasn’t good. Yet, Tembovu shifted from lipping her mane to her jaw and throat, and she giggled lightly under the feathery feeling. She simply nodded slightly along, leaning into him ever so slightly as he did it.

Or the not so little things.” And to this, she laughed, agreeing as a grin spread across her features. “I’ve missed this.” She returned the tease, with a hint of truth in her words. She missed him always, but the teasing was something she had missed more so. She also had to agree when he mentioned it had been too long. She, cooped up in their cave for so many seasons, knew exactly what he meant. And she couldn’t deny it. She pressed into him further, her small lithe body against his bulky muscular own.

Come with me, a bit away from the cave?” She crooned to him, stepping away from the edge of the cave, stepping further into the tree-line for a more hidden spot. As she turned, she flicked her dual toned tail at him in the hopes it might connect to his chest before trailing into the more hidden forest, offering him a chance to rekindle their flames. It had been so long since they had done anything, since before Safiri’s birth, when she was concepted. Had it already been almost a year? She found it hard to believe with the fact she had done it so often before hand – before she started having children. Now, she only hoped no children would come from this for fear of what happened with their ivory princess.

"Talk?"
rexanna
darling, you have a dreamer's heart.
you mustn't let the clouds eclipse your light.
image || coding

@Tembovu no surprise that Rex is totes down. #signherup