Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

The bluntness with which Ktulu informed the child that her mother was dead and that she would follow soon after earned her a mental kick from her companion. In many ways he served as her moral compass -- the one who often guided her through delicate situations and advised her on how to handle children. Her ears fell back and she sighed quietly to herself. The last thing she wanted was a child to take care of -- to mother --, but seeing the dead mare and knowing Eytan she knew that there was no way she was going to come away from this without the kid.

"Then I’m going to stay here. If I die, I will see mama again."

"Don't be stupid." Came Ktulu's reply, which earned her yet another mental kick from Eytan.The Constrictor snorted, irritated with the child, the bear, the dead mare,  and the situation the three of them had landed her in.  "You think your mother wants you to die right here with her?" Ktulu pressed on, much to Eytan's displeasure. Her nostrils flared as she breathed in the scent of foreign lands that permeated the mare and child's coats.  "How far have you traveled? How long? No doubt your mother was searching for a safer place for you to grow up," It was just a pity that she had taken them to Helovia. There was rarely ever peace within its borders, Gods, wars, invasions, murders .... there was always something bad happening or in the works.  "You might as well just spit in your mother's face."

Rocks slid down the steep slope as Eytan made his way down. He shouldered Ktulu out of the way and stared at the filly with sympathetic caramel eyes. A soft, mournful sound rumbled deep in his chest as he inched a little bit closer.  "This is my companion, Eytan." Ktulu stated as she watched the bear.  "He will not harm you." Which was the understatement of the century. The bear was so fond of children it made Ktulu wonder if he had been given to her for that reason alone -- to make up for what she lacked.

"Besides. Daddy is gone now too, and mama was the only one who knew the way.”

"Knew the way where?" Ktulu asked, head lowering just a bit. When the child turned to bury her face in her mother's mane, Eytan scooted even closer. He sniffed at her fluffy little wings then plopped down on the ground beside her.

"."

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
[P] Oh Mother, Where Are Thou? - by Akeli - 06-10-2017, 05:54 PM
RE: [P] Oh Mother, Where Are Thou? - by Ktulu - 06-10-2017, 06:05 PM
RE: [P] Oh Mother, Where Are Thou? - by Akeli - 06-10-2017, 06:14 PM
RE: [P] Oh Mother, Where Are Thou? - by Ktulu - 06-10-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: [P] Oh Mother, Where Are Thou? - by Akeli - 06-10-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: [P] Oh Mother, Where Are Thou? - by Ktulu - 06-25-2017, 12:58 AM
RE: [P] Oh Mother, Where Are Thou? - by Akeli - 06-29-2017, 08:11 PM