the Rift

[OPEN] Changing Tides

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

In the night waves crashed against rocks below, and wind howled across the expanse of water. It whipped the waves below into frenzy, sending them higher and higher, and lashing them till they foamed. It soothed him to see the torrent below, to feel it in turn tear at his forelock, pulling it back and forth over his earthen eyes.

It was gone. They were gone. His lips peeled back just to run the phrase over his mind and remember only an hour ago. The gold had been by his lady’s side at all times, so sent Haldir to collect the things he had stashed in a makeshift hollow in the Edge. They were trinkets and valuables not suitable to travel in the wilds with, but they were ever valuable.

--------

“Did you find them?” The gold probed.

The stag though hesitated. ”Yes…”

The gold knew his companion well enough to tell something was up. “And?”

It was an even longer pause this time. “Missing things.”

--------

It was at that point the gold had had to leave his mate’s side. Not just for the necessity of proving to himself this incredible fact, but also to protect her fragile states from his building anger. Not that he feared to act it upon her. No, his fear was her equal anger and the ways their occupations put them through. How it would cause her to rise and feel flares and callings of her trade. He did not want her to feel the pull of this world so soon. He wanted to cocoon her, for at least a small time, in peaceful (-ish), simple joys of motherhood. It was some manifestation of his possessiveness perhaps (and his ego no doubt). Though it could be no doubt the birth was hard on her, and he'd not let anything stress her so soon if it could be helped, even himself. And now he was here, by the cliffs, trying to let the fires of rage die down before he returned to her. Finding himself slightly dreaming of days when she would once again be by his side to seek out enemies like the wolves they were. 

A cloven hoof stomped the rock cliffs, it wasn’t just that his items had been stolen, but precious items. The dagger Euske, the magiked blade and the invisibility cloak. Both prized tools of his trade, and highly valuable, next only to the circlet upon his head. Worse still, with the passing of time it was impossible to immediately tell who the culprit or culprits were, and he had no time at present to further investigate. Hotaru waited. That he hated worse still. That he loved the Valkyrie could not be denied, but the collar which tied him to her still on occasion felt rather tight.

So here he was, brooding, trying to quell the anger in his chest with notions of future bloodshed and revenge. Various plots and guises spun up in his mind and lists of preparations for the thief’s demise were racking out quick. He was trying to forget, to soothe himself, but he wasn’t being entirely successful. Time was ticking by fast though, and the gold was aware the night was coming to a close and he would need to be by the rosen maiden’s side once more soon. A snort and shifting of weight show his still frustration, but his head rises, as he tries to collect himself. Tries to pretend he wasn’t ready to maul another as he heads home to mate and kids. Would this be a typical day now? Another day at the office? God he hoped not.

OOC:: Open to any, set by the cliffs

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
Raeden
I Tourture You
And You Know It

Listless legs wandered the lands of Edge. On this night the pair could not find themselves drifting off into the world of everlasting dreams. Minds floated and ran away from any thought of sleep. The moon was their guide. The children were sleeping in the hut. Sweet babies curled up together keeping the other warm. Occasionally, Raeden would send Tin off to check the sweet darlings. The joy of motherhood swelled in her heart once again. These children seemed much different from Gawen. They were born with passive magic and there was something special about the little creatures.

Teal orbs watched the shadowed lands of the herd. Silver flecks glowed in the moons omniscience glow that touched the earth. All was quiet, not even forest animals dared to move in the night. The specter floated across the ground. Long cream tresses kissed the earth with divine grace. The curves from the children she use to bare were fading away. Her sides were still slightly swollen with the weight from the twins that were once in womb. The birth was difficult, but she was recovering well from the ordeal. Light colored hooves glowed against the darkened ground. Her opalescent skull looked to where the bushes rustled. Tin hid the pair as they watched a companion go skipping by. It was an odd time of the morning for others to be awake.

Bright green eyes of her companion looked over to her. Raeden simply shook her head and began walking under the cover of Tin’s magic. Lurking along the path less traveled by others; they grew closer and closer to the beast. Her breath was quiet and hooves walked carefully in the forest brush. Finally after traveling for a bit of time the mare was able to see who was up wondering around. The moon was starting to give the sky back to the sun. The cycle was a reminder that there is always light in the darkness, and always darkness in the light. Orbs watched the man and his companion move. She was unsure, but he seemed pissed about something. Maybe it was just the way the sun started to rise behind his figure.

Stepping out from the bush the pale golden lady revealed herself. Bright orbs glowed in the dawns early light. A smile came to her maw once she realized who the man in front of her was. " Laurelin, I thought you left the Edge? It has been a long time since I have seen you around here. I hope all is well? " Her soft voice slipped past her maw like sweet honey. Tilting her head in question the mare thought she picked up on the scent of her sister. A questioning look fell upon her face. Was Hotaru here? No she…. She couldn’t be here. Her twin felt like a distant memory on some days, but she was the other half of her soul. Her face remained slightly puzzled as she stood there looking at the man. Tin finally walked up to stand beside Raeden. His heavy skull dipped to the other Cerndyr in a respectful greeting. There were so many questions the specter wanted to ask, but she remained quietly waiting.

"Talk."

@Thranduil

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

It was rather good that he was on the verge of his departure, that he was waking from his trance, otherwise he might not have caught Haldir’s quiet nudge. ”Someone coming” Gold harks lift up to the stag, who stood further back along the tree line. Of course someone was coming. Just what he needed in this moment, when he was finally winding down. He now saw the leaves rustle, and Haldir’s voice slipped in just as the figure revealed itself. “Distraction”

The stag was getting to know the golden so well. As the pale dusted golden, rosen figure stepped into the light of the moon the gold was instantly taken by his usual interest in strange creatures. Well, not so strange, this one he knew from…well from….a series of unfortunate events not far from this very place. Of course recognizing her as he does, the gold is quick to shield himself back up. A sly smile rolls up on his lips and he lets his crowned head tilt as he turns to her. She then stepped closer, and he noticed her sides were swollen, whether from a little over indulgence, or pregnancy he could not guess, but the jumps his own mind to those waiting his return, and the hesitation keeps him  from speaking first.

Haldir was not so reserved. The stag sees the other, a second of his rare kind that he had met in only a few days and he raises his head and nods it in greeting. This stag was smaller than he, yet it bore the same vines about its head as Duir. He barks low and soft a friendly greeting and watches the reply with keen interest.

Harks comes to attention as she speaks, letting her lulling voice roll over him, and build the fabric of his mask thicker, letting it soothe him back into the business he does best. He interjects, flashing a wider grin, “Not to disappoint your sources dearie, but my absence was found a bit larger than just the Edge.” He leaves it at that, holding the rest of the information close at hand. It was a shame really. Had he known that this mare shared blood with the one who lay not far with his offspring, he might have lended more, but for now he said nothing of his reason.

He yields to her voice though, letting her words roll gently over his still blistering soul. Perhaps this was what he needed after all. Already it had pulled him from planning the demise of some unknowing creature who wondered the world and placed him squarely back into a world he belonged, Cheshire grins, and twisted phrases. It was so simple, yet so wonderful to let the golden coat slide back over his skin without consequence or thought. It was almost natural.

To her question though she gets little. “Well enough.” That was more of a lie, especially given his most recent discoveries. Yet to her he would reveal little of that. His hunt for those who dared stick their gummy little hooves over his objects was a private matter..perhaps. Yet first he needed to distract her from the obvious state she had first found him in. He is quick to turn the tables. “I’m glad to see you don’t seem to have taken a fancy to being shoved off cliffs.” His head tilts underlining his humor. It was a leading statement, a probe, pushing to know what state he would find the thief ranks in. It was true that day he had not really been a supporter of….order, but he had flown out on the cliff edge.  Given she was no innocent babe, he knew its low chances of success. Yet it at least changed the subject. Perhaps that was a more worthy goal anyway. 

OOC:: EEp! I get to thread with you <33 Also I have no clue what my table font is doing...but we'll just roll with it.

@Raeden

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
Raeden
I Tourture You
And You Know It

His remark was something that could almost be expected if she knew the stag better. A small smile danced across her features. The sharp smell of her sister still sat heavily in her nostrils. Her mind shifted in and out of reality. She wanted to say something, she wanted to ask, but she did not know how t bring the subject up. Instead, she finally replied to the man's comment. " Unfortionally that source only came from my knowledge. I have been bound to the herd land from some time now; so I have noticed when some herd mates are not around. " Her weight shifted slightly to find a comfortable position. Raeden tried to remain private about her personal life. Everyone in the herd did not need to know that she had twins, so she just hinted at the fact.

Tin's bright green eyes got bigger when he realized the fellow deer was friendly. " I am Tin, what's your name?" His features excitedly looked to Raeden to have her translate. Cloven hooves moved closer to the new friend. The antlers gave off a dark mist that Tin was not familiar with. He stood much smaller than the other stag, but that did not stop him from trying to get a closer look. His small nose attempted to reach closer to the mist filled antlers. "Very unique " His small voice reached out into the air once again. Orbs looked back to Raeden to see if she was paying attention.

Silver flecks were trapped on the golden man in front of her. There was something about him that she wanted to trust, but there was also something else. The girl could not put her finger on it, but she had to ignore this feeling. Slipping back into the normal pleasant expression when he answered her question. Nodding her head, she could understand keeping everything private. Then the tables turn as he asks her about the horrid experience. How could she forget the moment that she almost had to free dive off the side of Edge? The smile in the moonlight falters as he speaks about that challenge. "Oh, yes I guess everyone saw that... You know I have been looking for a Bay Pegasus. They jumped off the cliff when I almost fell over. I was not sure If they were trying to be a safety net for me, but I want to thank them. It meant a lot to me ." Her eyes lifted from the man in front of her and moved to the falling moon. "Toulouse is gone. I have heard that he is the lead thief in the Basin now. I have my position back now. It shook the rank up for a bit, but the snake left finally. " Her silver speckled orbs looked back to the golden man.

The questions burned in her skull. Raeden could not get the faint scent of Hotaru out of her mind. She struggled internally with questions. Finally, she just spoke what she felt "I can't help but ask you one more question. Do you know where my sister Hotaru is? I can faintly smell her scent, and I might be crazy, but I had to ask. I have been looking for her." Soft tresses of her mane floated into the air as her head lowered. It was a crazy notion the conjured in her skull, but what if he knew where she was? "My name is Raeden by the way." Her sweet voice filled the air once again, as bright teal eyes looked up at the Laurelin.

"Talk."

@Thranduil