the Rift

[PRIVATE] sleep patterns

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
the cigarettes you light one after another
won’t help you forget her
From the Edge I headed towards the only place I knew that had continually and reliably served me as a sanctuary throughout my years: the heavenly fields. I gave up long before I could make it there, though. Hours spent searching for my mother yielded no results, so I had left the Edge at sunset in a flurry of smoke and chagrin, exhausted but impatient. I had to leave, there was nothing left for me in those mists. However, throughout the long and silent journey, apathy crept slowly into my bones, weighing me down till, combined with the lack of daylight, I could fly no longer.

I descended rapidly into the first clearing I saw, landing heavily, stumbling forward and coming to an abrupt, graceless halt. Motionless I stood, blanketed by moonlight, breathing slowly, black clouds unfurling from my lips with my every meek exhale. My hair curtained my head, distorted my vision even further, but I didn't care enough to move it.

Here you are again, alone, I thought sullenly to myself. I joined the Edge so I could be near my mother, but dammit, I couldn't find her anywhere. Finding Shida seemed even less likely, it had to have been a year since I had seen her last. She would never have abandoned me like I did her. Regret rose suddenly in my throat and stung my eyes. I really fucked up.

I reunited with what family I had left only to watch them slip through the cracks in my life again. Did I hold them too tight? Not tight enough? I knew we were a fractured trio, but I thought we were getting better. Broken bones and bruised knuckles are suppose to heal, how the hell did we get infected?

A shaky, nebulous sigh left my lips. Frustration and sadness and anger all ran rampant through my chest, I couldn't shake it, couldn't fight it. For one moment I just wanted to feel nothing, nothing at all. I would have traded it all: the happy, the sad, the beautiful, and the ugly for nothing. I closed my eyes, trying to clear my head, but silencing my thoughts turned out to be impossible. Gods, loneliness is so strange. You would think I'd be used to it by now.

eeeekk sorry for the mopey auri, she will get better...also i might've forgotten how to write her because it's been a million years ^^; @Volterra

image | coding
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

From mighty king, he has dropped to roaming pauper. From a Sultan with an empire at his back, he has fallen to a lonely vagabond with nothing but his possessions and his dragons to keep him company. He misses the Throat so much it actually aches, like a knife inserted forcefully into his gut. He finds it hard to believe that he once cheished his outcast lifestyle and was loathe to give it up; how did he cope in the days before he had a crown upon his head? Despite his knowledge that he is a great warlord, the Indomitable, he does not feel like he has any purpose now that his throne has gone.

He wanders the long days away, feeling the miles flow away beneath his massive feet until his rippling muscles ache and his sturdy limbs beg for mercy. The dragons rarely leave his side, and Vadir is usually to be found sitting proudly on his hindquarters whilst her red brother glides along overhead. Today is no different as the onyx monolith grazes in the meadow, his mind a roiling storm as he contemplates all the ways he'd love to destroy Kaos and reclaim the Throat.

"Not alone," come the voices of his dragons. The stallion glances up to see a hybrid mare in the distance, and her scent is a familiar one. A small smile plays across his features, although it does not quite reach the cold crimson of his eyes - it's Auriel, one of the first people he ever met when he was a colt. That had been back when a crown was nothing but a dream, when he had no dragons and no magic, when he was nothing. He has come a long way and he knows he should be grateful for what he has, but Volterra is an avaricious beast and he laments what he's lost instead. "Auriel?" The thunderous growl of his voice sounds across the land as he meanders towards her. She is attractive, certainly, and he feels a stirring like he's not had for a while. "Long time no see." He fixes his attention on her, and his dragons do likewise.

THE INDOMITABLE

I'M A WHISPER LOST UPON WIND, I'M THE EMBER THAT'LL BURN YOU DOWN
I'M THE WATER THAT'LL DROWN YOU, I'M THE STAR THAT'S JUST A BLACK HOLE NOW
image: naia-art

@Auriel

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
the cigarettes you light one after another
won’t help you forget her
Footsteps. Soft Breaths. Shapeless depths, and we intersect. A fellow night wanderer made his way near. My pale brow furrowed, a weary huff escaped my lips. I considered, for a moment, walking away and hoping whoever approached would get the message. I didn't quite feel up to socializing with anyone. If lonely is what I am to be, then lonely I shall stay, rose my defiant, bitter thoughts.

I pick up a heavy hoof, muscles tensing, ready to flee, but the scent of who approached struck me as familiar. I paused my escape plan, setting my hoof back down, contemplating to stay or to go. He smelled different, like Shida, like the desert, like the Throat. A fitting place for the indomitable warrior, I supposed.

"Auriel?"

My shoulders tensed at the sound of his voice, though I relaxed immediately after. It's muscle memory now—to tense at the sound of a voice, to flinch when I hear my name. I never expect good things to come from lips talking about me. His tone held no malice—I didn't expect it to.

"Volterra," I breathe the name surprisingly easy. I find it within myself to lift my head, to toss my moonlit mane, and pretend it has no tangles. I tried to pull myself together for him. Naturally, I put on a weak show. A soft smirk crosses my features, pale amber eyes grazing Volterra's body, his dragons' gazes a jealous pang in my chest (he will never know the lonely you know).

There are many questions that arose in my head, such as 'What have you been up to? Are you well? The Throat—is it Godless now, too? Have you seen Shida? Fuck, maybe I shouldn't talk about her, he doesn't care about my problems. How is your family faring?' But they never found my lips. I never found the enthusiasm. Instead, I decided to give no fucks, which allowed for a surprising burst of life to fill my blood.

"Long time no see."

"No kiddin'," I momentarily grinned back with a tempting, smoky exhale. My eyes leave his frame again, though, (because looking at the dragons ached—why does he get two and you get none?) flicking up dispassionately towards the stars. "What is it you're doing now that the world is ending?" I ask quietly, my meekly playful tone turning almost wistful.

@Volterra !

image | coding
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

Her voice is a caress to his ears, and Volterra wonders whether it is morally wrong to admire a mare's beauty when the apocalypse rages on around them. It seems so very Volterra to focus on sex even as the end of days nears them; he certainly has his priorities straight. Yet this is one of the only ways he knows to distract himself from what's going on around him. He needs all the distraction that he can get, else he wallow in a pool of misery and fade away to nothing.

The Indomitable does not wallow. He goes about his life like normal, conquering upon the battlefield and in the bedroom. He plots Kaos' demise in his head, rages against the dying of the light and the loss of his home, but outwardly he appears as composed and normal as ever.

Auriel exhales some smoke, and the stallion remembers how he used to admire that skill of hers when they were children and he lamented his lack of magic and companions. Now he's loaded with them, yet true satisfaction has come from the deeds done with his body - he rarely uses his assets in battle, but has still risen to warlord. Everything else is an added extra, even if the idea of losing his dragons makes him physically ache. "I should think so," huffs Vadir, curling up tighter upon his back. At her question, the beast glances sadly around. "I was Sultan of the Throat, you know. We were growing, we were getting stronger again. Now....I have little to do but wander and plot how I will destroy Kaos for what he's taken from me." The raw passion in his voice is clear to hear. "You?"

THE INDOMITABLE

I'M A WHISPER LOST UPON WIND, I'M THE EMBER THAT'LL BURN YOU DOWN
I'M THE WATER THAT'LL DROWN YOU, I'M THE STAR THAT'S JUST A BLACK HOLE NOW
image: naia-art

@Auriel

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]