[OPEN] lost

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
She didn't know what to do.

Her purpose, her life, her everything, had just settled into a comfortable rhythm.

The dragonmare had just been offered a rank within the herd she loved. She had slowly gotten to know those around her, made friendships that she hoped would last a lifetime.

Now she wasn't even sure how much of a lifetime they all had left.

The world was ending, and yet, everything stood still.

The world was ending, and yet, here they were.

We need to leave, she thought to her bondmate, and his reply was nothing more than a silent agreement, a declaration that wherever she wandered, he too would follow.

But where? Where would they go? How could they possibly leave these lands, lands which had birthed her, lands where her mother's ashes fell, lands where she had bonded with Dramyrth?

They may not have a choice soon, if they lingered long enough.

They may be forced to choose between living (elsewhere) or dying here.

Did they want to die?

Amaris couldn't say, right now.

They were lost, two figures standing as one in the midst of the so-called Heavenly Fields, watching the stillness of the world shift around them.

ooc:
Open for any, however would prefer this to be a pretty fast-moving thread if possible.
sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Gone. Just like that the Gods of Helovia had left them all. I honestly do not know what is worse, the fact that they all left us to handle Kaos, or the fact that so many of us had put our trust in them only to be let down. He lied The Moon Goddess's words play over and over again in my mind. What had Kaos lied about? What had he done now to have them pull protection from us all?

Alanna has been trailing behind me all this time. She knows I need the space to think and process. She knows to, just how I am feeling about everything. This is almost like Islime all over again. Granted no, there were no evil shades chasing and attacking everyone. But the feeling, the fear, the uncertainty could be felt in the air. I've passed a few who seemed to either be seeking out loved ones as i've walked. Me? I've left Sarai tucked in about the safest place I could find. I am just grateful to of found Brendan. But that wasn't all. Others had come looking for family, and I ended up with more. The girl with the heart shaped marks down her face, Sansa I think she had called herself, turned out to be Sakura's granddaughter. Who'd of thought, my sister a grandmother. She wasn't the only one. The dual winged girl Farah from Dragon's Throat had come to the Edge to see the place her grandmother was born... Azale too, was a grandmother.

At least one good thing, is that my small family is back together. I hate that I have not been in the girls lives the entire time. But not much I can do about that now.

"Dragonmare up ahead" Alanna speaks softly into my mind. I don't answer her, but instead keep going. "Amaris" I speak before I can fully see the mare, not wanting to startle her. But I needed to talk to her. After all, she is the daughter of Mirage.... And well. I would do anything to ensure her family was safe just as she had mine.

"Talking"
"Alanna speaks"

Aaron

@Amaris

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

amaris
dragonborn
She could sense his coming, this figure from her past, her mother's past. Maybe it was Dramyrth who actually alerted her; maybe she simply knew, because it was Aaron, that stallion who had simply always been there, arriving along her side now as he had done for her mother, her sister, and her over the years.

Energy was tense within the mare, despite her stoic resolve to simply stand still and watch. When she did move, it was with only a little bit of her usual grace and fluidity - she was static, twitchy, tightly wired as if ready to flee.

Ears tugged towards her name as it fell from his lips, eyes watching the hellhound as it approached, swiftly followed by its bondmate. Emotion had fled from the dragonmare, leaving only this stony-faced statue behind - she looked more like her mother than ever now, as she finally was able to follow the Moon Goddess' instructions and live by pure logic and 'brainpower'.

"Aaron," she greeted softly, though her tones were not coloured with warmth like usual, but rather merely offered the name as a matter-of-fact, a statement. The dragonmare had been changed, already, by the events unfolding across the land, and she would no doubt change some more should she survive all of this - whatever this was.

A low note left Dramyrth, as he watched the stallion and his companion arrive, not a growl but not a colourful welcome either - just a note, an acknowledgement.

"The world is ending."

Another statement, another fact, delivered in tones akin to one who was resigned to their fate. She said it without a smile or inflection, without hesitation, knowing that there surely could not be anything else to talk about when something so significant was occurring.

@Aaron
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

I move to Amaris's side, not touching but close. Alanna keeps moving forward a few paces more, before sitting down looking back at us. "Here. She was here." I nod, a silent answer to my bonded who knew my reason for coming to this field. "Aaron," The dragonmare says. Her tone said it all. Not the sort of tone that indicated she wanted to be alone. Just a tone that, well... She had no more emotions to give.

"The world is ending." The same tone again, to which I nod simply. "The world is ending, and I don't think the Gods will be able to stop it." For the first time, I admit what I have been thinking the entire time i've been walking. The era of Helovia was fast coming to an end. Many of us will die. Many of us will willingly lay down our lives to save those who try to flee.

"If it comes down, the way Isilme did. I do not think I will be coming out the other side." This time, it's my voice that speaks in a flat tone. It's not that I want to die. By no means. No. My story is not over as far as I am concerned. But if my death means my family survives. Then I am okay with that.

"Talking"
"Alanna speaks"

Aaron

@Amaris

Et Spiritus Sancti

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

amaris
dragonborn
Golden eyes watched everything. They observed the Field they were standing in, atop the mountain where so much had occurred. This was the first land her mother had ventured to when she strode upon Helovia's soil - this was where she held many Qian meetings, before the World's Edge had become theirs. This was where she had met Torasin, and Vikram, and Lace, and all of those who held a piece of her heart, her soul. Amaris herself had done many a great thing here too, yet as always, none so great or varied as her mother's accomplishments.

The dragonmare stared at the Fields, her focus drifting from a shifting blade of grass to a drifting cloud above, yet somehow always being aware of the stallion's presence, his actions, his words, as well. Dramyrth, silent now and stoic as a statue, almost blended in with the golden scales of his bonded's back, so determined was he not to move, not to shift or reveal anything as he drank in all of their surroundings.

There was no denial, no refutation, no argument as the stallion made his replies. The Gods were gone - they hadn't been able to stop Kaos before, and in their absence, Kaos would be all that remained. "The Gods are gone," soft words were spoken again, delivering the facts and nothing else - there was no point hoping, no point praying, for they didn't exist anymore.

Had they ever?

He mentioned Isilme then, and the dragonmare had to resist the urge to snort - it was only the pure vacant abyss within her, swallowing up any semblance of feeling or emotion that sucked the reaction away from her before she could press the air through her nostrils in such a scoffing manner. Isilme, the land broken and ruined by the mortals and the gods within it - yes, Helovia seemed to be going down a very similar route, and Amaris did not want to think about it anymore than necessary.

"I don't know what to think." She spoke again, her tone dead, flat, resigned. Tired, if anything. Her brain was too fogged with thoughts, even without emotions colouring them or wearing her down further. "I don't know what to do," she added, softer still, though the words were but echoes of all that which he had been saying.

Then, with a deep sigh and a sharp glance, she met his eyes.

"I will survive." There was a hint of a challenge in her tone, though it was faint, it was still there. The dragonmare still didn't know what she would do, how she would survive, but some deeply rooted stubbornness had risen up within her suddenly, some determination and sheer will to live, finally burst to life.

"The world will die, but I will endure."

@Aaron
and fire within me
I like being tagged!

"The Gods are gone," She says the phrase again and yet again I can not and will not argue. For everything these Gods have done to all of us over our lives, leaving us like this... Well I think it's the worst betrayal of all. What would Torasin, Mirage, Lace.... My mother... what would they all think now? What would they all do? Would they face the oncoming storm, or try to flee yet again? I think I know, at the very least what my mother would do. She would do as my father had. She would do, as I stand here planning to do.

I do not know what or how dangerous Kaos will be. I do not know how he will affect my newfound small family. What I do know, is that I will give my all to see to it they all make it out. "I have a feeling, Brendan will not leave with the others. From what Arwen has told me... With his new mate... He will fight to ensure her safety." I mentally agree with Alanna. I had forgotten about the recent unison of my son and his mate Calypso.

"I don't know what to think. Amaris's voice cuts into my thoughts. I do not respond at first, unsure really what to say. I too, do not know what to think. But I do know, what I will do in the face of this new danger. "I don't know what to do," Still, I do not speak. My eyes instead look forward to Alanna. She meets my gaze. "I will survive." This time I nod, at least showing I heard her. My mind is still reeling from both Alanna's and my own emotions. To lose me, she dies. But to lose her, I might as well die too. But both of us seem to be coming to an agreement. A single thought, one that part of my wants to deny. "The world will die, but I will endure." I nod again, this time finding my voice at long last. "Yes, you will endure. You will survive." I pause for a moment, trying to think how to best word this. "My family will survive, and endure.... But if need be... I don't think I will."

"Talking"
"Alanna speaks"

Aaron

@Amaris

Et Spiritus Sancti

amaris
dragonborn
She had been numb for what felt like forever. Amaris did not do well when the world was ending, this much her bondmate had learned. She did not cope with the thought of losing everything, of the entire world changing, shifting, dying, disappearing.

For a good long while there, she had been numbly existing, since the Gods had fallen, since the world had inevitably shifted away from the comfortable, familiar rhythm of life and was now decidedly pointed towards a doomsday era.

She hadn't known what to do. She still didn't, not really.

But this idea had blossomed within her now, and it was a better idea than the others her frazzled mind had come up with so far.

Somehow, she would endure. Somehow, she was survive, and greet the dawn of the day after the world ended.

She didn't know how, but puzzlingly, that was okay to her mind now.

Dramyrth's warmth radiated from where his touch perched his bodice atop hers, feeling much more positive about this change in his bondmate - he had done what he could to support her, to get her through until this point, where she could manage without him pressing the bond so firmly upon her all the time. His 'Amaris' was not completely returned to him, but she was a whole lot closer than she had been.

Aaron spoke again, and the dragonmare realised belatedly that he had been silent the whole time she spoke. She watched him curiously, scrutinising him while he and his companion shared a moment, wanting to know what went on between them. Then she heard his words, and she realised what he meant.

No, she thought, and that same panic from before threatened to rise again, to consume her, to numb her to everything, to destroy all that was Amaris

"Aaron," she murmured, her voice soft, barely a whisper, a breath, the two syllables catching as they left her lips. Then her gaze became hard, and she took a defiant step towards him, pressing against his personal space, uncaring if she earned a snap or a growl from his companion (she'd growl back in her own draconic way if it did occur).

"Promise me," she demanded of him, staring him straight in the eye, unwilling to let him break the stare, unwilling to let him escape her words. "Promise me you will do all you can to survive this, Aaron. For your children, your family. You serve them better alive than dead."

@Aaron
and fire within me
I like being tagged!

Alanna and I were coming to terms. Did I want to die? Of course not. Not when I am about to be a grandfather and my family has just come back together. Did I want to drag Alanna down with me? Absolutely not! "But you aren't making this choice for us. I am grown and capable of making choices. I may be bonded to you, but you have always given me free will. I choose to stay at your side. You and yours are apart of my pack. We will protect our own." "Aaron," Amaris's voice breaks into the silence that had seemed to fall after my last words. "Promise me," Her tone had changed to be demanding, which was not a tone I was used to hearing from the dragonmare. "Promise me you will do all you can to survive this, Aaron. For your children, your family. You serve them better alive than dead."

Inside I wanted to sigh. Hell I wanted to scream. But I have to remember, Amaris is younger than me. She is born of and molded by the events in Helovia only, much as my own children are. They I pray will never have to see the sights I have. To bear the weight I have. I fear if Brendan stays with me in a battle, Calypso may have to shoulder the burden. That is something I would regret. But if it means she and the little ones along with Farah and Sansa make it out..... Hell i'd rather Brendan be with them and make it too... But something about this feels all to familar. Much like the days before the shades came in full force. Much like the last days I ever spent in Helovia with my family happy and whole.

"You have to answer her." Alanna's voice breaks into my thoughts. "I will do all I can Amaris. But if it comes down to my family or me, I will pick them. I will always pick them." I paused for a moment. "If I have to make that choice, and the Gods forbid that any of them..." My voice broke at the idea of even one of them, his son, his daughter, his great nieces, Brendan's new mate.... No. They all have to make it. "Make sure they survive and endure Amaris. If I have to choose them or me, promise me you will make them survive and endure with you."

"Talking"
"Alanna speaks"

Aaron

@Amaris

Et Spiritus Sancti

amaris
dragonborn
She made her demands of him, and she was dissatisfied with his answer. Teeth clacked as she bit back a sharp retort, ears diving beneath caramel tresses as she glared at him, suddenly full of a hatred, a desperate and passionate loathing for all that he stood for.

She didn't care, or didn't realise, or didn't care enough to realise that she was being hypocritical. That she would do the same in his situation. Amaris had family to live for, yes, and she would die for them too, if it meant they got to keep on living.

She had just gone through the struggle herself, the desire to give up, actually giving up, feeling nothing and everything all at once, shutting down from the world because it was all too hard to deal with. But that didn't matter. She had to hear him say it, hear him declare it.

"Damnit Aaron!" she shouted angrily, evidently not feeling numb anymore, instead just feeling rage, anger, and Aaron was her handy target. "Don't you dare give up on yourself. Don't you fucking dare, you hear me?!" It was so beyond her normal character, even her normal vernacular, and yet she could not hold back the torrent of rage simmering just beneath those golden eyes.

"Of course I'll protect them, of course I'll be there, but you need to be too, you can't just.. just.." the rage suddenly dissipated as swiftly as it had risen, as the dragonmare huffed at the effort of all her passionate words and declarations.

"You have to survive with us, Aaron," she murmured, suddenly cold, a shiver rattling her body, as Dramyrth purred softly from her back. "You just.. have to.." she concluded softly, lamely, as her mind whirled back to being overwhelmed by it all, back to being numb, to being unable to decipher much of anything, to just barely existing.

@Aaron
and fire within me
I like being tagged!