the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Thrill Of The End

Calstron Posts: 43
World's Edge Protector
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8
Goatfairy
Calstron
THE world was ending. Well, this world was anyways. The blood knight knew he could still leave this land and head for his home. He'd have to fight for his throne back, to be sure, but he'd succeed and his children would be superb heirs. But, that would mean going back and facing dark faces and he'd no idea if his fragile, fickle grasp on sanity might maintain once he returned. Things had been good for a while but when this land's gods had left and Helovia plunged into chaos he'd felt the strain of keeping things together once more.

He doubted he'd ever return to what he was before Rexanna but at least he knew he'd never be as lost as he was after her thanks to Raeden and the foals. He clung to them as only the weakest of stallions might, but they kept his sanity and the ever present red tide almost always at bay. The fallen king knew he couldn't continue asking such things of them though. The colt was already beginning to have...explosions of behavior. The girl, reflecting every bit of royal blood in her body, was ruthless. They didn't need him and they wouldn't need his broken mind for whatever was going to happen here. He'd be a hazard, he'd get them killed, he'd go on a hunt and they'd follow. Raeden was not that dark and she certainly would not forgive something so atrocious. Hell, he wasn't even sure if she'd love him once she started noticing what he had with their foals. Fuck, he was so fucked.

The bloody king shakes his head in despair. He glances back at his babes. The Ghost and the Spark. His time with them might be limited but it was all so that they might be free of the worst of his curses. It was fitting that he'd bring them here for one of their final days spent together. The place was so much like him, like them, and it was where he'd told Rexanna she'd never be free of him. Well, she was now. In a few months time, so would they. But first, they had much to learn. "Well, my bairns, today will begin some lessons. But I also have some things to tell you that you must never tell your mother."  His eyes are hard as he casts his gaze between the two. He wanted them to understand the severity of what he was about to say. "Where I come from I was a Prince and then a King. I, and you, are part of a long and tortured lineage. I did.....many things that were very bad. But you must know this fact so that you might never do such things yourselves. It is very important that you strive to only do what you must to survive, to thrive, and to defend each other and your mother. Always, protect your mother. Lie to her if you must, but you shall never hurt her." He pauses for effect before continuing again. "Now, we are here today because it is an important age for you. My father and his father before him have all taught their children to kill on this day. I will not, but we shall learn some attacks and defenses if you so desire." He smiles at them and waits to see what their reactions might be.  

I'll Fall So You Might Live
SKYLARK

OOC: It'd be cool if Dressy could come in with Castiella and we could go like "Cal, Akriel, Cas, Cal, Akriel, Cas" and then Rex comes in just so that the kids can be a bit evil before Rex finds em and meets them xD

WARNING:
Calstron is a dark character that often utilizes curse words and his posts may contain triggering content.  PG-13, not PG

Castiella Posts: 14
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 1 Year
Dressy

CASTIELLA
God damn right, you should be scared of me. Who is in CONTROL?

The land was turning red. The world around them was dying; the Apocalypse has begun. The girl was not scared; she has lived through much worse things. Seeing death, desperation, and hopelessness is something the girl enjoyed. Life was precious but why savor every last person. Death was far greater and more mystifying. No one escaped death, but life, on the other hand, was so easy to take away. Imagine how over populated the world would be if no one died. It was essential for the world to go around. This leads to the next question. Did God create life just to satisfy death? The land did not need creatures walking on it. They only destroyed everything that they touched. Was this God just a monster that enjoyed killing off his creations? At the end of the day, it is just one big hunt except, the hunter would never be outsmarted by the hunted.

Her front cream hooves were tracked by the blackened rear ones. She trotted behind her father with enthusiasm, Castiella always loved spending time with him. Her mane and tail floated in silky strands behind her. Cream tresses grew much quicker than most foals her age. She was much different than children her own age. There was something profound and dark lurking in her soul. The light of childhood was dimmed and dulled by something, something that the girl did not know how to explain. For now, the sweet innocence danced across her features. Her face was a mask like her fathers, but there is a flaw. The child's face is darkened by the mocking of the holy trinity. Castiella had so much in common with her father. He was actually her favorite family member ( Do not tell Akriel ). She loved her brother dearly, but father just understood her more.

Finally, her wide eyes looked to her beloved Father as he spoke. Darkness was building deep within her soul. Purity, innocence, love, and chastity could share space with corruption, wickedness, hate, and impurity for a little amount of time. Soon everything darkened and evil will take over her body. For now, it only glimmers in the blood splatter of her sweet ocean eyes. Nodding her sugar flushed face with Fathers words, she agreed never to tell mother. Then Castiella looked to her brother. "Never ever Father! You can trust us. " A smile formed on her maw as she pranced in place before settling down.

Listening quietly she took in every word he was saying. Father was a prince and a king!? That means she was royal blood. The girl smirked slightly bumping into her brother's shoulder. The blood stained girl watched and listened with admiration swelling in her orbs. Then father talks about Mother. She is much weaker, but Castiella still loves Mother Dearly. Tilting her head, she focused on every detail. "I will always protect Akriel and Mother. No matter what I have to do, they will be safe Father. What was it like being a King? " Her voice was already turning as sweet as honey. Then before she could say any more, he started talking about killing. Ears danced forward, and her tail flicked with excitement. " What is it like killing someone? I want to learn everything; I want to protect our family. Teach me everything you know... please. " Her deviant smile turned sheepish as she looked to the ground, then back up to her father.

"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

@Calstron @Akriel

Akriel Posts: 6
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: Newborn
Goatfairy

A K R I E L
Failed Son of Satan, Incapable Child of the Light, Vagrant Soul of the Earth

HE was following the bloodied ones today, through a bloodied land, undoubtedly to talk about blood...he felt sure of it. The dry though rolled through his brain as his ghostly form stalked behind his father and twin. They were both so similar, his father and his sister; their sweet mannerisms tinged with the threat of violence, their body language, they probably held half the same beliefs too. He snorts derisively.

It wasn't that he didn't love them dearly, he did, he just felt so opposite in mindset most of the time. The way their mother worked was so superior to their father most of the time. She was quiet, she waited, she was the one to slide through the shadows to take what she wanted. It was so badass. All their father did was bulk about pretending to do something he never actually did. How useless. He'd much rather be like his mom.

Not how he was now. He still had bad outbursts. The first time it happened everyone had stared. That was such a horrible feeling. Castiella hadn't ever felt that, those stares, the "how odd"s, the feeling of being scrutinized when you'd rather not be. No, she was only ever looked at because she desired it. One day though, he would be the ghost flitting through the shadows. One day, he'd be great too. Maybe he'd even have a gaggle of mares to follow him around too. The young stud smiles as he imagines himself grown up, far more muscled than he was ever likely going to be, walking with his head up surrounded by mares falling over themselves.

Ahh, yes.

His face runs abruptly into Cas's shoulder and the ghost child cringes. Gods, that was going to earn him something painful, he was sure. His father sets up by saying they couldn't tell their mother. No shit, of course we're going to tell her you brought us to a blood soaked location in Helovia and spilled out a bunch of secrets. Akriel rolls his eyes but still nods his head in agreement. Lets just get this over with.

"Huh, cool."Akriel says at the end of the king bit. Well, that explain's a lot about Cas, he thinks. But then their father continues on about killing and defense and blah blah blah. "Well, Dad, come on now. I doubt Cas will need protecting." he says with a chuckle.

But the attempt to cut the seriousness in the air fails royally with Cas's next words. Oh, there's the inevitable declaration of blood lust. He could almost laugh if she weren't being so serious. His lids lower in clear lack of amusement but he sits back and waits for their father's response none-the-less. It would be interesting to see if their father told them anything legit.

"Speech"

@Castiella

World's Edge Protector
Goatfairy
Calstron
CASTIELLA was more of a stallion already than Akriel. It was....frustratingly strange. Calstron had wanted nothing but a good, sweet little filly with all the good (and female appropriate) behavior of her mother and instead had gotten a demon girl. Everything he'd hated about mares in the past: independent, furious, fairly UN-feminine in the traditional ways. Seriously, it was as if their souls had gotten into the wrong vessels.

She trots alongside him eagerly as they go, she waits patiently for his words, she responds gallantly (Unlike her brother), and it fills him with a confusing pride. He wants to admonish her, to tell her that her brother is her better because he is male, that she should learn to curb herself......but she's just so excited right now and the King doesn't have it in his heart to break her smile. So, instead, he ruffles her forelock and kisses her. "Ahh, thats a good girl indeed. Of course you'd protect them both. As for your question, being a King is no fun at all. There are far too many bad people and far too many people calling themselves good, filled with lies, who want a piece of you."  Indeed, being a ruler was not something to be envied in his experience. It was horrible.

His eyes find Akriel. The cold had remained silent through most of his words, only offering a bit of sarcasm here or there, and that was just as infuriating as Castiella hogging the conversation. Gah, offspring. Couldn't they just do what  you wanted?

Castiella's question about killing, a decidedly Castiella musing, fills him with that confused pride again. He chooses to push aside the confusion and just go for it because at least she was playing along. All Akriel was doing was sulking in the background. "I suppose the feeling of killing is mixed." He lies, for it had always felt glorious except the first time, when he had been very young. But the rest had been fantastic. A glorious feeling of control and dominance and....NO. ENOUGH!  "I do not wish to speak of it any further. Killing brings about a difficult path. It is better to avoid such things."

He takes a few steps back from the pair. "Instead, let us focus on defense and learning how to move today. Simple things." He reaches down and picks up a heavy dirt clod in his maw and then tosses it directly at Castiella. "Now, defend!" He ignored his sulking son and waited for the colt to make his own decision on whether or not to participate.

"speech"

SKYLARK

@Castiella

WARNING:
Calstron is a dark character that often utilizes curse words and his posts may contain triggering content.  PG-13, not PG

Castiella Posts: 14
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 1 Year
Dressy

CASTIELLA
God damn right, you should be scared of me. Who is in CONTROL?

Her brother is vastly different from herself. Castiella has come to recognize that much about him. Love still pours from her heart for him. Arkiel is her everything. He might be shy, but eventually, she will try to pry that out of him. Blood spattered eyes on innocence narrowed upon the boy as he runs into her shoulder. Shaking her head, she pushed back into his weight. Just let it go... Her mind told her as she listened to father speak. Being king sucked... well fuck what was she going to do now? The girl knew there was royalty pulsing through her veins. Why contain it? Why stoop to the level of common people who do not respect you. Her nostrils flare with anger, but she remains calm on the outside. Internalizing everything, and locking away the world in her heart. This life was something different than she expected.

Her brother finally speaks again and pays attention to what Father is saying. Sometimes the girl feels like there is remorse in the young boy's heart towards father. What did she know? Castiella was just a creature of divine descent. Her temperament was more deadly than a viper, but she must hold it back. She will hold everything back from the world until the time is right. Everything here on this earth was a waiting game, right now her explosion of anger would just be " cute." She did not want to be cute. She wanted to be terrifying, Cas wanted creatures to run from her. She wanted others to beg for their lives by just her presence.

Snapping back to reality a deviant grin grew across her maw, as Father spoke about killing. He did not go into great detail. Was that a bit of softness she saw leaking through the crack? Nodding her skull, she made it seem like she understood his feelings towards this. She didn't. The girl did not want anything sugar coated. She was sweeter than candy but harder than a nail. Then Akriel spoke about her not needing protection. She smiled and looked to her brother. "I might not need it, but someone has to know how to protect you. " she chuckled nuzzling her brother's shoulder. He was like a piece of cotton candy. So fragile that he might melt in a dangerous situation. His mind was intricate in the thought process like woven strands of sugar.

Tilting her head, she listened to more of what father was saying. He wants her to protect herself. A sigh fell from her maw wondering if Akriel would join in the fun. The clod of dirt came barrelling towards her body. Tossing her skull, a large electric dove from in the air in front of her. The blue electric creature flew right into the ball of dirt. Blue electricity jumped through the air, and the dirt sizzled, and static sounds filled the air. A small cloud of smoke filled the air, and the dust was gone. The only thing left of it was a small electrical burn on the grass below. Tilting her skull, she smiled at her father. She did not even have to move a single hoof to defend herself. Her mask skull looked to the air above the blood knight's ears. Then three electric doves flew out as she rose her wings. The electric birds flew over Father's head then around to Akriel. "Watch out Akriel " Her deviant smile fell back to her maw. Blood stained orbs looked over to her brother then to her Father. "That was fun! What else do you have Father? "

"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

@Akriel

Akriel Posts: 6
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: Newborn
Goatfairy

A K R I E L
Failed Son of Satan, Incapable Child of the Light, Vagrant Soul of the Earth

AKRIEL watches the two as they playfully spar. He watches the blob soar towards Cass and he watches her perfect execution of the clod with her doves. She might be obsessed with blood and death and battle but at least she was well suited for it. He was better suited for this: watching. But it doesn't stop him from laughing at her sass and it certainly doesn't stop him from joining in when Cass threatens him with her doves. He focuses at her feet and suddenly two ghost-squirrels leap up from the ground and hover around her legs as if climbing up them. She won't feel them but if she looks down they should be sufficiently creepy. Then, hoping he's got her distracted, he kicks up some dirt at her face and turns to stare down their dad.

"Me next!!"

He's a bit nervous, if he admits it, because he's never fought anything before. (Even if it was just a dirt clod.) Well, other than that tree he always goes to when he's pissed off.

"Speech"

World's Edge Protector
Goatfairy
Calstron
CASTIELLA was brilliant, as always, with the sparks that were ever present about her body. She was so full of life, so bright, so strong. But that would not always be there. "Very good young lady. But you might not always have that magic. What if a horse could block it? What if you lose it for a while? Try again, but this time, no magic."

He's leans down to pick up another clod and no sooner does he have his head back up than the two are toying with one another again. There's little ghosts around Cas and Akriel is tossing dirt and then suddenly the colt is facing him, waiting for his turn. The stallion smiles widely at his son. The boy did seem to have a good soul, in spite of that rage, for he always tried his hardest in the end.

"Alright then, here you go." Its somewhat of an easier pitch than the one he'd given Cas. After all, the boy was not exactly a born warrior like her. He watches the boy make a good go of it and then nods approvingly. "Well done!!! That was a skillful example of how to defend without relying on magic." He boosts the kid. Cas already knew she was glorious. Akriel needed a bit more encouragement.

Then he returns his attention to the girl and tosses her another. He doesn't give her a warning this time. No heads up. He wants to make it harder, sneakier, more real. This one is a bit lower, towards her shoulder, because he honestly wasn't sure how well she'd do without relying on her doves.

"speech"

SKYLARK

@Castiella

WARNING: