the Rift

[PRIVATE] rage, rage against the dying of the light

Azulee Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 hands :: 6 years :: Orangemoon HP: 65.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Valda
Azulee heard tales of a land of moonlight abandoned by it's gods, a land fallen to ruin. Her ancestors were forced to flee that dying country, and the lightning mare finds their anecdote more haunting than ever. She knows things are not well in the land of her birth. Kaos is proving fit of his namesake and a sense of doom hangs heavy in the air. She can sense the panic in the eyes of her contemporaries, smell it on the wind. It reminds her of a time when her people retreated deep into the earth to escape the long night, and this time - as last time - there is talk of the end.

Could the world truly be ending?

Azulee is skeptical of such doom and gloom. The direness of the whole thing irks her. So what if the gods have forsaken them? They are not rendered completely hopeless... the least they can do is fight their damnedest. She is doubtful these so-called gods are infallible.

Here at the top of the world, it is said one is closest to the gods. Now, the skies feel empty, a hungry belly growling ominously. Angry clouds stir in the heavens, and the wind howls at the woman's feathers, bared mightily to the brisk air. Azulee clenches her jaw, challenging the realm of the gods with eyes of a fierce voltage. Statics kicks up her heels and crackles through her feathers, and the lightning mare lifts her nose to the sky.

She never put much faith in the gods, but she is angry. Angry that they would abandon her people who so revered them to fear and despair. "Cowards!" she roars to an empty heaven.

My friends, I'm only flesh and bone but I won't let you die alone.
credits

hard mode—HP: 65/65

physical force and magic is permitted to be used on Azulee at any time provided it does not involve powerplay (unless specified otherwise); please contact me before attempting to kill.
please tag me!

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
THE INDOMITABLE

HEROES ALWAYS GET REMEMBERED BUT YOU KNOW LEGENDS NEVER DIE

The Indomitable is angry, too. The loss of his lands has been taken as a personal affront, and the notion that his revered Earth God has bowed so easily to the whims of Kaos...it does not sit well with him, shaking his belief that the deities were ever truly infallible. Even the mortals attempted to seek a way to destroy Kaos, but the Gods just stood by and watched, and then they....gave up. They disbanded their lands and fled for the hills, and it leaves a roiling pit of rage in Volterra's stomach as he marches like a storm through the neutral lands.

Cowards! The roar reaches his ears along with a sizzling of static that he knows far too well; coldly he turns, deciding that there is no use in prolonging his solitude when there is a fellow ex-member of the Throat to be conversed with. The onyx warlord is confronted with a quite magnificent sight; Azulee with her massive wings spread, lightning biting like a wolf around her heels. Electricity dances around her, and he watches, mesmerised, at the way its light plays across her skin.

She looks beautiful. Volterra stands for a moment to admire the thunderous stature of her, before shifting his monolithic bulk towards her.

"Challenging the Gods makes you either very brave or very foolish," comes the thick baritone of a voice. He has sparred this woman - he knows her to be formidable, and as feisty as the lightning she commands. Despite the Gods' unwillingness to fight Kaos, they could still hear her, could smite her for her sins. Although a deep depression has gripped Volterra since he lost his home, there's a soft heat in the blazing crimson of his eyes as he looks upon her, reminding himself of the good old days when he had a crown on his head and eager warriors at his hooves.

image by neverr the glorious

@Azulee

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Valda
Tears claw at the back of her eyes, dribbling shamelessly down her cheeks. It feels as though a necklace of teeth were wrapped around her throat, clenching tightly as she swallows down her despair. She shouts her accusations to the godless reaches of the sky and a familiar voice is the only answer. The deep baritone notes rise easily above the gathering storm.

Azulee ears flits back and she turns to face him at once. He stands there below the thunder-clouds like a monolith to her salvation, the indomitable warlord. "He left us!" she pleads to her former-sultan, flaring her wings in emphasis. She approaches, plumes of electricity hissing and writhing all about her boyish figure, dancing haphazardly across her taut flesh. She comes to stand before him, leaving little room for personal space. The little bird is merely dwarfed by the bulk of his gladiator's body, but she meets his gaze with eyes that burn with a desperate, riotous fire. "He abandoned us, Volterra! My father and his brother died for the Dragon's Throat, and the Sun God has tucked tail and fled!

Just then, a beam of lightning strikes the ground a few hundred feet from where they stand. Azulee turns and flares her wings to the sky once more, snarling. "If he smote me now, it would only prove what a coward he is!" She feels weak, overwhelmed by anger and the maddening awareness of how powerless she truly is. Her knees quake beneath her, and as the sky begins to weep, Azulee half-way hopes he will smite her.

credits

physical force and magic is permitted to be used on Azulee at any time provided it does not involve powerplay (unless specified otherwise); please contact me before attempting to kill.
please tag me!

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
THE INDOMITABLE

He left us! He bows his head, as though cowed by the force of his misery. The Sun God had always seemed so....strong. A bright, intelligent and fiery man, not the sort to submit to anybody. Volterra had been proud to rule his lands, to sire a son by his daughter, yet now he's left feeling nothing but a deep sense of betrayal over the fact the inferno man just abandoned them. After all the strong, devoted service Volterra gave him, he just left.

The spark-mare's sentiments echo his own. She marches towards them, so close that he can feel the buzz of the electricity that surrounds her, can feel the tips of his tangled mane lifting up in worship to the static that caresses them. His eyes burn with a crimson fire, his body a massive, stoic hulk with only the slight wilt of his shoulders to display the pain he feels inside. "I know," he murmurs, and despite the fact he knows it's wrong - knows he should stay well away from this walking storm - he can't help but extend his muzzle to try and touch her sizzling hide, to see what his sensitive whiskers can gather about the soft flex of her skin.

He then hauls his nose back as if burnt, distracted by the smack of lightning into the ground a short distance away. "I am a pious man, Azulee. I respect the Gods, and know that their whims are beyond the grasp of my mortal mind. Yet...what they have done disgusts me. They just gave up." His eyes flash, burn, and he stomps one massive feathered hoof. Next to him the ground erupts in a small earthen spike, the strength granted to him by the Earth God himself. He'd thought a man as great as the Earth God would never bend the knee to a heathen, yet look! "But we will rebuild. I don't care how long it takes - Kaos will fall, and the Dragon's Throat will rise." He speaks with more conviction that he feels - Volterra, monstrous warlord, true Indomitable, is deeply concerned about the recent events and does not know whether Helovia will ever be the same.

@Azulee

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

Valda
Lightning mare grits her teeth, chewing on his oath. He speaks with such conviction as he always does, ever the rallying warlord, but surely a flicker of doubt burns in his belly as it does in her's. It speaks to her like a battlecry, a declaration of war that tugs her bones into restlessness. They may very well die, pitted against gods, but if they don't fight what reason is there to keep breathing? 

Tendrils of a windswept mane dance and crackle like black medusas, brought to life by the electricity charging through her nerves. It is as if they reach out to him, searching for his touch, for assurance. "I will fight with you!" she declares with a nod, tears still wetting her cheeks. She bares her titan's wings as one would pledge a sword, the peaks of static-wreathed feathers sweeping the long grass. "Whatever it takes!" Kraken-cruel rain beats down upon them, heavy and vengeful, yet still the sparks glow against her skin, as stubbornly alive as the mortal who wields them. Stormchild looks upward, blinking against the heavy downpour, to a black sky widowed of the sun. "The sun is gone! But our light will not be easily vanquished!

Hair sticks to her face, wet and heavy. Electric eyes peer between the strands, glowing fiercely under curling lashes. Her heartbeat is loud in her ears, neck arced and chest heaving. Her breath feels warm as it quivers from her nostrils and as the virgin-woman warrior looks upon the dragon-king, she feels the sudden need to touch him. 

The stormmare is suddenly still.
Like a calm in the sky just before thunder shakes the clouds.

credits

@volterra

please tag me!

THE INDOMITABLE

Her battle-cry is echoed by his own, a benediction of two warriors determined to die on their feet rather than live on their knees. Through the haze of pain, betrayal and disappointment at recent events, Volterra begins to feel the first flames of his burning desire for revenge, tickling like an inferno against his chest, his muscles, his mind. It is a heady sensation, and it's mingled with something else that's been ignited by this spark-bird - it's familiar, an old friend to him. Lust. There is beauty in her defiance, in her solemn vow to join him in taking arms against Kaos. The Indomitable takes his pleasure in all sorts of women, but his favourites are the ones that appreciate war like he does.

"Better we die with a sword in our hands, fighting, than with one in our guts, submitting." Another stomp of his massive forehoof, sending a ripple effect through the hardened muscle that makes up his formidable bulk; the rain dampens the onyx coat that sits upon his thick stature, emphasising each contour. He has found an ally in this lightning-mare, a fellow soldier who understands that defiance is the only thing to cling to in the face of insurmountable odds. Azulee is a pillar of strength beside him, small in stature but big in heart, and the beast feels the feral, carnal creature inside him purring to be set free.

She stills, the calm after the storm; why, though, does he sense that the ill-weather is only just beginning? Emboldened by their vows to fight alongside each other, the mammoth man finds himself taking a step closer to her, until he's looming over her like a mountain; his expression is hooded but his eyes are blazing, and he wonders if it's the thunder in the sky or the thudding rhythm of his racing heart that is creating the din in his ears.

He extends his muzzle to touch her shoulder, to plant a caress upon the moistened, spark-sizzling skin.

@Azulee

Valda
Better we die with a sword in our hands, fighting, than with one in our guts, submitting.

As he stomps the earth, the spark-bird draws her body up into a rear. She stretches her limbs to paw at the rain and titan's wings buffet the air, spread wide from her flanks. It is her declaration of war, a toast. She is enlivened by the vows exchanged among warriors, and a spark of hope comes to life inside her that had long ago been snuffed by her own negligence. For so long, there was shame, for being so aloof all those years to the land of her birth when so many had spilled their blood in the name of it; some the same blood that pumps through her heart now, sending adrenaline racing through her veins.

She stands with nostrils trembling, rain thoroughly wetting her body and more still falling, though not as heavily as moments ago. Volterra reaches out to touch her and she flinches as his maw whiskers her skin. The sparks suddenly *zap* loudly as she draws herself away (a few inches). It is not fear, but uncertainty; an unwillingness to relinquish her wildness, like a wild animal that runs when a human approaches. 

Intimacy is an unfamiliar thing to the lightning mare. She is a wild thing, lightning incarnate, feral and ferocious in her need to belong only to herself. But as the sky pours down over them, wetting their coats and bringing smells of sweat and testosterone into the air, Azulee feels something primal rise up inside her. She is emboldened by talk of war, and in the presence of such a stallion, Azulee feels a new heat between her legs. He is strong... his genes are strong, and she can not deny her attraction to him, nor her devotion to him. Yet, she is ever still, giving up nothing of the workings of her erratic mind.

She cranes her neck to look at Volterra, her eyes ever fierce but now daring - just as much tempting him as it is a warning.

credits

@volterra

THE INDOMITABLE

They are feral beasts in the night, screaming against the dying of the light. They will not bend the knee and fall, not like the Gods they swore themselves to! If they are to die, they will die fighting. Volterra does not want to die, but nor does he fear it. It is simply the natural conclusion of life, and if Kaos is destined to end him, then so be it.

He won't go gently, though. He will take down as much of the hellbent heathen as he possibly can, and he will leave a trail of devastation in his wake. Nor will he spend his possibly last few days and months just hiding away like a rat in his burrow - he will find pleasure in this apocalypse, and thus he feels no true shame at the sensations elicited in him by Azulee.

She flinches aside, and disappointment howls in his gut as he contemplates the notion that just because his excitement and never-say-die defiance is manifesting in the form of lust, it doesn't mean everybody else's will. His nostrils flare, inhaling the scent of singed skin and spark, and it only adds to the roaring bonfire inside his belly, his gut, his loins. She is a wild animal, liable to spook or snap if he pushes his boundaries too far; when has the Indomitable ever stepped down from a challenge, though? Lest anybody forget, he is wild too. His eyes are blazing rubies in his face, almost glowing against the sodden backdrop of his rain-drenched skin, and he lifts into a rear once again to flail his massive forelegs against the sky, as though he can paw Kaos down and crush him beneath his hooves.

The earth shakes as the titan lands, and he takes a bold step towards the spark-bird. There is no fear in his posture, even though his sense of self-preservation tells him he could be in for a shocking surprise should he push Azulee too far; he senses she will respond better to bravado than fear, so with a small smirk of arrogance he summons his magic.

He lifts a circle of chest-high rock around them, trapping them in a cage of his creation; it saps his strength, but he doesn't doubt he'll still have enough for the act should Azulee deem him worthy of mounting her. The brute takes another daring step closer, each muscle thrumming with strength and tension as the rain batters his skin and the thunder roars overhead - there's a dozen questions in his expression and eyes, most along the lines of shall we?

@Azulee

Valda
What would it be like to close your eyes, and never wake up? To open them up to the cold, dark infinity? Death was coming, the end was coming, and Azulee blinked the tears from her eyes.

She would die before she let Kaos take her home.

Azulee flexed her wings, like a bird performing a mating ritual. His spirit is intoxicating; he is also wild, also defiant in the face of fate, and they collide like two storm clouds waging war, exchanging bolts of rage and grief and vengeance. The world may end and snuff their light, but they would roar into the blackness, charge in like the wild beasts they were.  

She can taste his disappointment as she flees his touch and her eyes smile. It was gratifying to see the warlord thwarted of his lust. He wanted her body, but she would not give it to him so easily. He would not have her like some whore, like one of his usual conquests; a vessel to plant his seed. Azulee was a proud creature, and she knew the dragon-kings habits. He might as well have his own harem, the rate mares were popping out his children. It only means his genes were strong... but she wants to see if he is up to the challenge of bedding her.

He rears up, paws tearing at the sky, and lands with a rumble that shakes the arth beneath her. A bold step forward... and Azulee flexes her titan wings once again, static zapping and sizzling between the feathers as she bares them like mighty weapons. She thrashes her head about, dancing on her toes like the balletic lightning queen, puppeteering the thunder as it rages in the heavens and shakes the air.

She remembers when they played at war. Volterra won easily, but the stormmare wants to do it all over again. She wants him to make her submit.

He lifts a barrier around them, and Azulee takes it for an arena of sorts. He draws nearer, and Azulee cranes her neck like a battering ram, launching her small form to his left side and hoping to land a bite on his shoulder. Her right wing swings down to batter his chest.

Azulee lets out a battle-cry, shrill and desirous.

credits

@volterra

please tag me!

THE INDOMITABLE

His is a stallion's roar, a fierce bellow that quakes the earth around them and rivals even the thunder of the storm overhead. He is the Indomitable, warlord, king and dragon-lord, and the notion that this woman is resisting him.... Rather than her evasiveness irritating him, though, it fills him with a fire of the sort he's not experienced in far too long. Sometimes his whoring gets a little too easy, but Azulee is not going to stand for him without him earning it.

She will not bend, not unless he makes her. The idea of doing so makes his veins burn with molten fire, lust pouring like a river through every last iota of his massive frame. Dominance floods through him, enhancing each muscle, each rippling line and hard inch of him; he is not a king anymore, but he will rule her.

Her massive wings raise like a canopy over them, and he senses that she is ready for battle. Excitement bids his ears to flatten and another savage roar to erupt from his clenched jaws, swinging his white-painted head to fling his sodden forelock out of his eyes so he can see their newfound arena. She launches a bite at his shoulder and the titan feels his flesh crumpling underneath her teeth; pain mingles with pleasure and almost makes him weak at the knees. Remembering their fight, when her wing had dealt him a hearty smack across the chops, he has the foresight to duck out of the way so the feathered appendage soars harmlessly past.

He swings his hindquarters, sliding across the grimy ground to try and face her. Without missing a beat he lunges forwards, his chest hunting for hers to try and bully her backwards into his earthen wall to try and trap her like a caged animal; rock behind her, a walking fortress in front of her. His eyes blaze as he seeks to plant a series of salacious nips upon her neck and withers, bites that are aimed to induce ecstasy as much as agony.

@Azulee