the Rift

[PRIVATE] back to the start [kratos]

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
this old world has brought me pain
               but there's hope for me again
The sunset mare and her kitsune lazed by the water, gentle sunlight filtering through the leaves above. The rotunda, normally surrounded by greenery and life, was now falling into Orangemoon in a shower of oranges and reds. Though spring was the mare's favorite season, she had to admit that autumn was a close second. Who couldn't fall in love with the brilliant hues and perfect temperatures? Especially at mid-morning, with the last of the realm's birds singing their way south. Several alighted at the water's edge, bathing happily in the shallows before flitting away again. Persephone watched them with a smile. They were very happy creatures; would that she could be that easy again.

Something was happening in the land, something that she couldn't quite put her hoof on. Her pelt had been glowing at an alarming frequency for Orangemoon, which meant there was, for some reason, a huge influx of life into Helovia's lands. The mare wasn't sure what the reasoning was, nor whether it was even worth her concern. But for her, a lovely creature concerned with preserving life above all, the thought of so many younglings facing the winter without the summer to prepare them - well, the thought made her shudder. Particularly when the land was rife with chaos (and Kaos) as it was.

The thought of the Rift wiped the smile from her face in a hurry. Alecto wound around her forelegs, yipping softly to offer the mare comfort. -- Perhaps you are overreacting, -- the young kitsune offered helpfully, her many tails flicking with her barely-hidden concern. The mare frowned. Overreacting when she had heard whispers of Helovia's gods locked in battle with Kaos? Overreacting when the brilliant Sun, the beautiful Moon, the sassy Spark, and the solid Earth had departed from their posts? Overreacting when she could nearly feel the panic in the air? "Perhaps," she murmured all the same, retreating into the pavilion nearby to think. Alecto followed, drooping slightly at her inability to distract her bonded.

It would all be alright, wouldn't it? It would have to be.

"Persephone speaks."
Persephone
Image by Xyroca

@Kratos
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Kratos Posts: 7
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 6yrs HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Dingo

My heart's an artifice, a decoy soul
Who knew the emptiness could be so cold?
I've lost the parts of me that make me whole
I am the darkness, I'm a monster

Something was wrong. Very, very wrong.

Something dark and malicious was slowly constricting the land in a way that he could not explain. An ominous sense of foreboding had lingered in the air over the past months, dark and oppressive, and yet to his knowledge, nothing had happened. Every now and then his pelt would give off a soft glow to signal the loss of a life, but they were mostly faint, likely prey falling victim to a predator preparing for the encroaching winter, such was the circle of life.

But there was something far more troubling on the devil's mind. His loyal, ever-present companion was nowhere to be found, and it had been that way for longer than he cared to think about. Jaeger had been charged with his care shortly after his birth and it was he who had assured their safe passage from Estanzia to Helovia (not 'Helvoonia' as he and his behemoth of a friend had previously thought), but seemingly overnight, he had disappeared without a trace. Now, Kratos walked alone, wandering aimlessly in search of his friend in a world that was not his own, praying to the deities he didn't believe in that Jaeger still walked among them, that one of gentle pulsations of his hide wasn't meant for him, that it never would be.

Despite whatever it was going on around them and no matter where it was Jaeger had gone, the season carried on, the trees slowly losing their vibrant green shades in favor of radiant oranges and rich reds. It was so very different than dank home, the brightness of it all nearly enough to curl the stallion's lips taut, but never would he wish to return. If he did, he hoped that he would find his homeland torn to pieces and the heads of his parents on long pikes for their vacuous actions, or better yet, be given the chance to do it himself.

With a sharp inhale, he took one last look around the dense area and intended to leave after that, but up ahead, a single word is carried upon the dulcet breeze, catching in his ears and drawing his attention towards it. It was much too feminine to be Jaeger, such was his luck, but the devil finds himself carrying forward all the same, his substantial frame silent as he moves courtesy the silken cloak that hung around his neck and draped over his back.

He isn't wholly aware what it is he should be expecting, but as he surpassed the stone rotunda sitting near the bank of the brook and his cerulean eyes capture the familiar form of a childhood friend, now grown, his breath hitches. There was no mistaking her, the dawn-child who had grown up alongside of him, ironically, the only speck of brightness in his otherwise dismal colthood in Estanzia. They had been torn apart too suddenly, spurred by rising threats and talk of a revolution, so quickly that he'd been denied the chance to even tell her where he was going or that he was even leaving at all.

When he spoke, his voice was rough, strained from lack of use over the months but carrying the slightest waver of disbelief upon it.

"... Persephone?"

"Talking talk here."

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
this old world has brought me pain
               but there's hope for me again
The sunset mare gazed out of the rotunda, her amber eyes steady on the water. She had come a long way from being the terrified, jumpy mare who had fallen out of the Rift; she had made friends, become a healer, helped her herd... but now they had all scattered to the winds, and even if they'd still been together, their god was gone.

"Persephone?"

The voice interrupted her rambling train of thought with a familiarity that was startling. Where had she heard it before? The memory was a half-buried one, of a happier time long ago. The mare turned to see, but Alecto had moved first, and by the time Persephone had turned to regard her childhood friend, her cheerful kitsune had darted to dance around his feet, tails twirling happily. So astonished was she to have found a familiar face at long last that she didn't even scold the fox-creature's lack of manners.

"Kratos?" she gasped. She softest of chuckles, a quiet twinkling of cheer, fell from her lips as she stepped forward. "It is you, isn't it?" How could this be? She had heard nothing of him for - gods, it had been years now! And of all the places to find him, years later and worlds apart, they had stumbled across one another again in Helovia! Had he tumbled through whatever barrier separated Helovia from the Rift at the same time she had?

"Where - what - how -?" she stumbled, before catching herself and pausing shyly. This was not the behavior of a well-bred lady from Estanzia. Not that it mattered anymore, did it? Not when her new home seemed to be bound to tumble down around her years. "I'm sorry," she started again finally, "It's just - you disappeared, and it's been so long, and - well, I just - how in the world did you end up here?"

"Persephone speaks."
Persephone
Image by Xyroca

@Kratos
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!