the Rift

[OPEN] You might Glitter, but I am Gold

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy
zubari

The boy was not too sure where to go from here. The world seemed like it was ending, and everything was falling apart. Kaos was behind everything, but the boy could not be mad at him. Zubari knew that there was a plan, everything had a plan and a purpose. Kuuma was in her normal spot. She enjoyed riding on his back because she did not have to walk. Kuuma was slightly lazy, but the civet was growing on the young prince. Chocolate tones glowed in the warmth of the sun. For some odd reason, this place was peaceful and away from everything shattering and falling. Kuuma has fallen asleep on his back. She was always happy, and her attitude was starting to wither away. Well, some of her attitude. The mahogany boy chuckles slightly as he came to a halt in the middle of the meadow.

The cool breeze slipped through the blackened tresses of his mane and tail. Tembovu, the Elephant King was gone. The man was not much of a king anymore, he left and abandoned his herd. All of this just to be with his family, his Real family. Bitter feelings still lingered in the boy's heart. How could he ever forgive this man? Black strands tossed in the air as he shook his golden skull with anger. No, now was not the time for this. Zubari will cross this bridge when it is time. For now, he had to try and live his life. The boy had become a loner, learning that he can not rely on anyone. His sister was gone, mother was gone, no one was there for him. He raised himself, but he finally had a companion. Kuuma might not be the best communicator, but she was his friend.

Bright golden eyes closed making his world black. With a deep breath, his lung drew in the fresh air of the meadow. They filled with the sweet, rich oxygen. Then the exhale let a calming force radiate through his soul. Blood coursed through his veins as he opened his eyes focusing. A material started to raise from the ground and levitate in the air. Bright orbs narrowed on this object as it started to from. Metal bent and shifted its self into a dagger. Golden colors sparkled in the sun's rays, and the sharp edge began to form. Closing his eyes, the boy thought about the African savannah. Slowly an intricate engraving etched its self on the surface. Animals and plants glistened from the shining surface. With a bright smile, the dagger landed on the ground in front of him. "Perfect, just what I needed." Kuuma heard the boy speak and it caused her to jump up. Golden eyes looked to see the shiny gold thing on the ground. Happily, she jumped off his back to go see what the new creation was.

"Talk."
Can you see my scars, can you feel my heart? This is all of me for all of the world to see

lines | color & coding

@Zoeya @Safiri

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury

Safiri Posts: 18
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 14hh :: 6 months
Haki :: African Wild Dog :: Paralyze dark
safiri

The lamb is so much farther than she should be, she is disappearing from the swirling mists of her home in the same way the Goddess has, fading and trailing off into a brand new world she never before realized existed. She goes where she once thought she could not, carried downstream from her home in the mists and into a pool of all too much, of lurking shadows and emptiness - Safiri is unexpectedly alone, even while a pup clings to her withers and whimpers against the brisk cold, as she pants and sweats through an eternity of travel. The girl caught wind of the sea, salty and fresh, beckoning her to it's cold grasp by way of splashing, splattering against the cliffs of the Edge - or what was left of it - and so she answered it's call.

Safiri has traveled cautiously beside the ocean, listening to its song as she finds a place where she can reach it, where she can embrace it in the way it summons her - she is taking a break, fatigued and weakened by her travels, finding herself at a glittering lake surrounded by hunched and weeping trees that kiss the water's edge. The princess creeps forward into the large, open space, with Auni close at her heels as she admires the view before her, presented with elegance, with hidden romances and hushed greetings - the dirt beneath her petite hooves has witnessed so much more than she can ever imagine, a million lifetimes tied together beneath the trees that weep in remorse, that whisper against the wind and the lake that reflects the grey skies of Orangemoon. She cannot fathom was has happened here, what the flora surrounding her has seen, looking out upon the world with a passive perspective, silent, observant.

Entranced, the tired lamb can barely register that there is a boy before her, speckled and familiar, but she cannot place as to how - just that he is. Before him metal molds, shifting in shape, condensing, expanding, it reworks into a pointed edge, sharp and dangerous as it glimmers at his hooves. Safiri's interest piques, black tipped ears careening forward as she takes ginger steps in his direction, Haki stirring at the sound of another voice atop her back, slowly rising to look at the boy and his companion. "Wow! Your magic made this?" The fear of interaction is melting, dripping down her shoulders and sides as she admires the boy's craftsmanship, but the fatigue still shows in the way her words draw on and eyes blink slowly, gradually as she looks over the gilded blade. Safiri turns to Auni, who has caught up now, halting at her side, where it will remain stationary until she moves again, which she has no intention of doing.

Safiri is hiding her need to press herself into the side of a nearby tree, with the way sweat beads across her brow and runs over her neck, how sparkling spring green dims and her petite heart races - she has been pretending everything was perfectly okay, but as she is breathing harshly now, pushing aside the pain that pierces her sides as she takes in a sharp breath, disguising it with a little laugh. "What a cool magic! This is what mine makes," motioning to Auni, she looks back to the ebony speckled boy and grins. The lamb is settling into the panic that eats away at her, that scolds her for wandering so far, that she'll die here beneath the weeping willows - Haki whimpers into her mane, sputtering softly as though her pain is crushing down onto his shoulders, as though it's he too that suffers. She apologizes a thousand times over, more for his sake than anything else, as she turns her focus back to the boy. "What else can you make?"

a wind in the shadow, a whale song in the deep

coding: © x

@Zubari

World's Edge Colt
zubari
The boy was not alone for long. A voice reached out that startles Kuuma. A low rumbling growl escaped her maw as she looked over at the girl. Quickly the civet grabs the dagger and jumps back onto Zubari's back. Golden eyes harshly turned and narrowed upon the girl. She was meek, and there was something about her. Chocolate eyes pinned sharply against his skull. The last thing the boy wanted was visitors. Kuuma soon started to settle in once she realized the wild dog seemed like no genuine threat. Golden orbs watched the girl walk. Something was very off about her gait, her stance, even her breath. Sharp pinned ears soon found their way forward. Golden eyes started to soften. With a soft sigh, the boy just had to except there was always going to be interruptions.

Her voice was soft, and almost haunting and ghost like. His hardened shell softened a bit more as he spoke " Yes, I can craft gold. Have you ever seen gold before?" His deepening voice filled the air as he reached his skull back to pick up the dagger. Heavy golden horns lowered as he placed it on the ground in front of the girl. The gold glimmered and glistened in the sun's rays. Engraved on the dagger was a scene from the African Savannah. Smiling softly, he looked back up at the girl. There was something that was oddly familiar about her appearance. Zubari chose to shake off the thought as he looked back up to her.

He was trying to be nice. This action was something that was new to the boy. The chocolate spotted colt was always hardened and rough to others. There was just something about this filly that he could not explain. She motions to a small object saying that is what she can make. Golden orbs looked at the crafted object with a soft smile. "Well that is pretty fancy if I say so myself. " Chuckling lightly his ears perk forward as she asks what else could he make. "Well, I am pretty sure I can make anything. Do you want something?"This is the first time he has offered to craft an object for another person. Last season he made some leg guards for Maude, but that was it. The boy thought he would never offer to craft something for someone else. Kuuma jumped up looking at the mahogany boy with surprise. Then Zubari noticed she did not seem like she was doing very well. "Are you okay? Do you need help? I am Zubari, and this is Kuuma." He spoke softly.

"Talk."
Can you see my scars, can you feel my heart? This is all of me for all of the world to see

lines | color & coding

@Safiri

Safiri Posts: 18
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 14hh :: 6 months
Haki :: African Wild Dog :: Paralyze dark
safiri

She nods her head gradually, fighting through fatigue to draw up the image of her mother's dazzling golden chains draped over her gilded hide, brow twitching to think of her now - was she worried for Safiri's safety? Where was her father? The thoughts are flickering, looming over the lamb, casting down stretched shadows that prod at her weary mind. She is biting her lip and letting the air leave her lungs as quickly as it comes, head light and lids heavy as she stares down at the ground in guilt, shoulders slouching from fatigue and the weight of knowing she may have lost everything. Safiri tries her best to brush it off, but it's evident in the way her voice wavers as she replies to the boy. "My mother has golden chains, they're very pretty." She nods along, spring green drifting to the rippling lake beside them rather than settling on the boy and his armed companion.

The ex-princess casts a glance to Auni, already seeing each mistake she made during the process of crafting, remembering the feeling of touching cold ivory as it bent beneath her grasp, molded to the images she cast over it, became her very own creation - it lived beside her, sentient but unfeeling, will-less and silent. It listened to only her commands, perhaps because it was her voice it heard first, or because she was the one to name it, to create it. "It's name is Auni, it is the first thing my magic created." She remembers the way she crafted it, the shape the ivory tooth Marembo had brought melted beneath her touch as the magic guided her through the process of creating artificial life.

Emerald eyes get caught up in glittering gold, her ears careening forward as he offers to craft something for her. Safiri considers his offer, his extended kindness, his familiarity - she must know him somehow, must have seen him, perhaps she has glimpsed at him during an outing within the Edge? She cannot recall, too tired to reach out any farther into her foggy memories, instead letting a fragile smile crack across her lips. "Oh! That would be much appreciated! I can - I can make you something in return? I'll just need ivory." She points to Auni as an example, and then looks to the boy inquisitively. She would just need to rest for much longer than originally thought if she expels more energy creating another golem.

Her request is simple, as though she knew what she wanted from the very start - golden chains like her mother, elegant, shining in the sunlight, a decorative piece to inspire awe. "Could you make a thin golden chain? A long one, so it reaches from my horn to my tail?" The lamb already envisions her body, dazzling with the decorative piece looped around the base of her horn, hanging down and meeting again at her withers, drifting over her sides and wrapping finally at the base of her tail.

Her spirits are lifted, but her heart is still rushing to fill her body with the air it needs, to filter the blood and spread it through her petite figure without bursting from over exertion. Haki is squirming into her back, taking brunt wakes of overwhelming pain that she is constantly drowning in, head barely bobbing above the ocean of fatigue and aches that consume her near completely. Her knees have been shaking, her chest has been collapsing in on her ever since she left the Edge, there has been no rest - but still she offers pitiful smiles, bright and hopeful despite the hopelessness that pulls her lower with each gulp of air. She shakes her head, trying to play it off but he sees right through the thinly draped veil she uses to hide her weakness. "It's... I'm okay. I just- I need to rest for a bit. I wasn't born in perfect shape, but I'll manage. I have to." She promises herself, her mother, her father, her family - She promises to them that she will make it, she will not let her heart hinder her, she will learn to accept the blistering pain that flowers over her joints, over her sides and roots itself in her chest as her heart cries out. She will manage, she will be strong."I'm Safiri, and this is Haki - and the golem is Auni." Safiri sways side to side before finally inching towards a tree, resting herself against it to ease the weight on her hooves.

a wind in the shadow, a whale song in the deep

coding: © x

@Zubari

World's Edge Colt
zubari

The girl was so sweet. Zubari smiled softly as he looked at the ivory creation. It was unique and he nodded his head. Heavy gold horns dipped as golden eyes looked to Kuuma. Quietly he listened as the girl gave her request. A gold chain would be easy. So he got to work pulling the gold from te ground below. It melted and shifted into shapes in front of their eyes. Her request would take more than the small item he could craft. The decision twisted through his mind. Kuuma shot a glance to him, and he wanted to roll his eyes to say fine. A smile came out instead. He would craft a delicate, beautiful chain for the girl. It will hang and drape across her body with multiple lengths. Why just do one length? She will shimmer and glow in the sun's rays.

Finally, after some time, the chain laid on the ground. It was long enough to reach her horn and her tail. There were intricate details weaved into every small link. A ring at each end allowed it to be worn on her tail and horn. Then there was a section that had a clip to attach in her mane. Smiling the boy picked it up with Kuuma. "Why don't you return the favor some day. It does not have to be now. Safiri, Haki, and Auni it is nice to meet you. I hope you like this chain. I tried my best ." The pair walked closer to help the girl out it on if she allowed. "Beautiful gold for a beautiful princess." He smiled looked down at her. "Can I help you with anything? I know health is nothing to joke about." His features scowl worried for the girl. Kuuma reached and tried to sniff Haki in a friendly hello. There was something so familiar about her.... what was it?

"Talk."

lines | color & coding

@Safiri