the Rift

Lighting Heart (Delinne)

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

Cold. As death, the wind blew; taking all heat that was in the surrounding area. The fields were empty and barren. The grass had turned brown and shrunken down to hibernate during the early winter. With it coming so quickly, some had died. They would be back next spring however, because they’re where plenty of seeds petrified in the ground that would germinate when they sensed no competition. Something of this meadow made the tri-colored stallion feel uneasy. He walked slowly and carefully. He did not know why this feeling was upon him, but he heeded his gut feeling, knowing it hadn’t failed him before. This place was different any he had been, and it so far didn’t like it.

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

D e l i n n e

Tired. So tired.
The mare had been at the Veins and finally got her quest, but now she had to travel way further than she had expected. Where could her target be? And who was it? She kept her head low and walked with long, slow steps through the snow.
It was just a thin layer over the dead grass, showing off the signs of Frostfall. Dell sighed and then groaned from the sudden pain in her wound. It didn't seem to tolerate the cold and complained to her by biting in her nerves.

The war had been hard for her, taking away the only home she had in this land. And she didn't even now where her herd was. Maybe the Frostbreath Steppe? She had to check there once she 'd finished her quest.
Dell observed her surroundings. She had arrived to the Thistle Meadow's river, the place where she had met Lace two times. The stallion who had - together with the Qian - invaded the Edge and taken away her home.
He had helped them, making her homeless.

She had to live alone until she found her leader and herdmates. Until she received her companion.
Something odd-colored caught her eyes and the mare stopped. A unicorn with some of the strangest colors covering it's body. Black, red and white.
Delinne tilted her head and watched the unicorn on a distance. Who the hell was that?

Word count: 238
OOC: Not much muse, sorry :c

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.'

Credits

Hidden Account
teeroo

He wondered about the field, moving around when he needed to watch his footing. There were rocks hidden under the snow, and the snow seemed to get deeper with every set he took. He was coming down a hill at the moment when he looked around. He saw something strange in the distance. It was a dark figure, mixed with white. He couldn’t tell if it was his imagination along with his mind playing tricks on him or was that for real? If I’m imagining things, I hope no one notices. I’d hate to be called crazy on top of all of the love sickening jokes. He landed on solid ground. The dirt was barely covered here, and there was a frozen pond a few feet away from him. He looked at the figure again, and squinted, trying to read it out. It turned out he wasn’t crazy, and there was someone else. It was a blacken horse, with white markings on it. No, not just a horse. Another unicorn, and a mare. Her horn rose from her head and he could see it in the distance. Something about the way she acted made him think she was a unicorn before he saw the horn. The Plague…I wondered. We need more recruits, and hey, why not? He trotted closer to her, and when he was a shorter distance away, spoke.
“Hello, who are you?”Simple words, but he hoped they would prove to be effective.

(It’s ok, no problem, me kinda too.)

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

D e l i n n e

She had never seen anyone like this unicorn. Where did he or she come from? It disturbed her that she couldn't see the gender, because that meant rather much to her. Stallions could do whatever they wanted, if they were like that, when mares were - mostly - friendly.
Black-painted legs moved forwards again, towards the unicorn before her. Such strange coloring...
As she walked closer, she saw that it was a stallion. 'Hell!' Her thoughts screamed stop inside of her skull and she stopped her body from moving. Why always stallions? Whenever she walked across this meadow, there were always stallions in her way.
Though she trusted them more than she had before she came to Helovia, since the ex-King had taken such good care of her.
God, she missed the herd...

"Hello, who are you?" Delinne faced her attention towards the stallion and tried to make eye contact. They were red. She had never seen red eyes before.
Curious - as she had barely been in her 7 year old life -, she walked closer with slow steps.
Just a meter away from him, she stopped and held her head high, making her horn stick up into the thin winter-air. The mare tried to make herself look bigger, even if it was for no use since the stallion was a lot taller than her.
"I'm.. My name is Delinne." Dell stretched her neck to pick up his scent, but didn't smell any herd. Was he an outcast just like she was for the moment?
"Who are you?"

Word count: 259
OOC: Blergh ._.

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.'

Credits

Hidden Account
teeroo

As the winter stag got closer to the mare, he saw a look of bewilderment on her face. It’s probably my coloring. I haven’t seen her before, so I doubt she’s seen me. I don’t even care anymore. She stopped a couple of feet before him, and then she straightened herself up. Am I threatening? That’s a first. He looked around, and there were no others in the area. Maybe she’s afraid to be alone with a stallion in such a large uncrowded area... He looked back a her, and put a smile on his face.
“Hello Delinne. That’s a very nice name. My name is Valentine.” He paused for a moment, then added “Don’t worry, I come in peace. I don’t think I’ve seen you before, are you an outcast?”

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

D e l i n n e

Valentine. His name was Valentine?
The mare observed the stallion with a slightly confused look. Well, it fit him due to his coloring. She took a few steps closer, now just a few inches away from the stranger.
He still had no scent of a herd from what she could smell.

Why was she so suspicious against her kin? After all, he hadn't showed any aggressive or dominant behavior yet.
"Don’t worry, I come in peace. I don’t think I’ve seen you before, are you an outcast?
Okay, he was a friendly kin. Nothing to be afraid of... Dell shook her head and took another step closer. Two more steps and their horns would be touching.

"Hello, Valentine." Dell observed his every move, as she didn't know what to do or if he really meant what he said.
How could she possibly know that he spoke the truth? The Friesian took a deep breath and let her mind speak on it's own.
"Yes, I'm an outcast for now. But I hope to find the Ice King and the herd soon. Are you an outcast? I cannot feel any scent of a herd coming from you."

Word count: 189
OOC: Finally a post - tho not a good one.. I'm sorry for the lack of muse xC

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.'

Credits

Hidden Account
teeroo

He knew the mare was still weary of him, but she was coming closer to him, so that was a good sign. The question of him being an outcast came from her lips, and he didn’t know exactly how to respond. The Ice King. Should he tell he that Mauja had been gone forever now? Would she be upset with him if he told her so quickly? He pondered this, and decided he would ease her into it. If she wanted to know he would gladly tell her, and he would not skip around it.
“You can say that,” he answered. “I am apart of the ex-Edge, the ones you are looking for. However, I cannot say anything about the ex-King. If you wish to know about him I will tell you, but it comes with a price. Do you want the truth?” He looked at her sternly, not wanting to glaze it over. He would be quite blunt about it, because that was how he felt about the truth, but he still cared about the King none the less. “I am however, aiming to ask you another question. Are you aware of something called the Plague?”

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

D e l i n n e

"Ex-Edge?!" Dell stared at him, her body frozen in movement. Since when?!
Had he possibly joined the herd after the invasion? Then he knew where the herd was! He was the answer to her searching - well, the other searching. She was in the middle of a quest. 'Do not forget that, Delinne,' she thought and watched Valentine closely.

The stallion mentioned the King in his response to her simple question, making her tilt her head in even more confusion. What about the King? Had something horrible happened to him?
Was Mauja seriously injured?
Dell would've laughed at herself if she could see herself from another perspective. Standing here in front of a stallion that claimed to be from her beloved herd and worrying about a stallion that was her leader for not even a whole season. What happened to her? But she felt bad after thinking of Mauja as just a stallion. He was kind of her savior, picking her up in the Treshold and welcoming her with warmth at the Edge.

"Why can't you say anything about the King?," the mare asked and took a step closer, almost sneaking up to the stallion. If he was to insult her King, he lied about the fact that he was an Ex-Edge member. No one insulted the Ice King.
No one.
Dell straightened up again, and looked down into the ground. Why was she so... Shifting? She changed in behavior all the time.
"Erhm.. Excuse my behavior." The unicorn looked away as he spoke his next sentence.

The Plague? What? She had heard about it in the herd a while ago, a rumor spreading between members, but she had never discussed it with anyone.
Wasn't the plague some sort of disease or virus or something?
The mare turned her blue eyes towards the stallion again and tried to make contact with his red orbs.
"What is this Plague that you're speaking of?" A simple question that demanded a simple answer. Good enough.

Word count: 320
OOC: Muse is slowly coming back to me.. 8D

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.'

Credits

Hidden Account
teeroo

THIS WORLD IN WHICH WE LIVE IN

SHOULD BE HID AWAY IN WRAPS

The mare was…strange. Multiple emotions seemed to past on her face in a matter of seconds. Happiness, confusion, insult, and then embarrassment flooded her face, and it made the stallion confused. She had moved closer to him when he had talked about the Frostheart, almost a threatening expression on her face. He almost laughed, but kept it a blank slate. He didn’t move his body away from hers, not afraid of what damage she might do.

“Please, I’m only the messenger, you don’t have to kill me for it.” He smirked and snickered at this, always a sucker for his own jokes. “The reason I say I can’t say anything about the Ex-King is because he is no longer here. He was injured in the invasion, healed, and then somehow “disappeared”. It’s all very strange, and no one seems to know where he has gone, or whether he is all right or still alive. Of course, you would assume he was alive, but him being gone makes no sense. I’m sorry, I’m babbling. To repeat, Mauja the Frostheart is gone, disappeared. As for the other members of the Ex-Edge, we are located in the Frostbreath Steppe for the moment. You can imagine the angst and hatred that is evolving from being kept there, but it isn’t that bad I suppose. As for the Plague…I’m not sure I can rely that information to you either. It’s a very complicated matter, and a very private one. However, if you are just dying to know, I suppose I can make an exception for a mare as lovely as you.”

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Horse Background Horn

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

D e l i n n e

"He is no longer here."
No. Longer. Here.
The mare felt like her heart was bursting. What? She barely heard what Valentine said after that sentence. Only his repeating of the words that was now stuck in her head; "To repeat, Mauja the Frostheart is gone, disappeared."
A veil of darkness and sadness fell upon her face, making her strongly blue eyes dark.
She flicked back her ears and looked up on Valentine. Was it really so? Her King was gone? Forever?

And the herd... Trapped in the Frostbreath Steppe. She had never been there, but she guessed form the name that it was a rather cold place. Oh, why the invasion?
If they had just fought a little more, they would've stayed. They could've chased away the invaders, maybe even killed them.
Delinne was no racist like the rest of the herd, who disliked everyone except for unicorns. She saw everyone outside of the herd who intruded their territory as an enemy.
That was just regular behavior.
The horned mare was confused. Hatred, angst, depression... The herd who had been so lovely - according to herself - was soon to be only memories, it seemed.

She barely listened to the greyish stallion, but couldn't resist hearing those last words.
"However, if you are just dying to know, I suppose I can make an exception for a mare as lovely as you." Wait what?
Dell turned her eyes to him, as she had seemed to stare into the empty space while thinking.
A mare as lovely as you...
"You think I'm lovely? We haven't even talked for very long, I barely know you." She almost snorted at him, but since he was part - no, had been a part - of the Ex-Edge, she couldn't. She could not snort at a herd member. It was against her morals.

"But I'm flattered though that you think so," she continued, firing off a smile at him. It was a long time since she had last smiled, and dammit it hurt. Especially in this cold.
The smile disappeared and a serious expression took over her face.
"So... My K-- I mean the King is gone?" She didn't want to believe it, even if she had to.

Word count: 373
OOC: I'm getting much muse now o.o

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.'

Credits
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Hidden Account
teeroo

There was something in her eyes that gave away her emotions. She was concerned that the Frostheart was missing, and it was an interesting fact to the grey stallion. Mauja was very well known of course, having been King for so long, but this mare seemed to take his disappearance personally. He wondered if she had some sort of crush on him, but that was something he would not ask, for it wasn’t his business, and he had enough respect for her not to do so.

She did, however, catch the look at her face of flattery. He smiled, knowing that his subtle comment, or at least to him it was subtle, had still caught her attention. Though the way she responded made him smile even more. “Just because you haven’t known me for long doesn’t mean you can’t get to. I’m only mentioning the fact that you’re attractive, that’s all. It’s a fact, and you should get used to that Delinne.”

When he spoke her name, it suddenly had a different zest to it, and one that he liked. He wanted to keep the sensation on his tongue, but then he remembered that the lighting mare had a point. It had only been a couple of minutes, maybe been closer to half an hour that they’ve known each other. This was no way to suddenly fall in love, and the light grey shook his head. He had no intentions of doing such a thing, and the heart stallion didn’t even understand the word in the first place. But he moved on.

“Well tell me, is there anything else you would like to know?”

OCC: I know this is short, I tried to type Val as he was back then...he's changed more than I realized o.o

Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting