the Rift

hear. me. roar. [joining]

Bazilisk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

.B.A.Z.I.L.I.S.K.
"Horses? Horses are little things. I may live to a hundred years, while their life-span ends much before me. I do not detest them, but I do not love them."

Scales. Coiling and rustling over snow. How he hates snow. A snake should slither underground to winter, not live above, but that was the way of the basilisk. To hunt, to seek, to craft, to do whatever the snake wants to do, snow or shine, rain or clouds. From above, the giant hunter would appear a black, sinuous, strip, curling and twisting over the snow, the heavy rasp of a massive body making its way to the pool of water he senses. The scent of horse, of unicorn, of pegasus hangs thickly in the air, pegasus thickest, but he takes little notice. The King of Serpents should not bow down to any horse, when his fangs are sharp and his head is clear, untouched by age.

Although for a snake, Bazilisk is still young, he is wise; wise, wise, wise. He may live for a hundred years, although right now he only hovers at seven. But he was so well known! So loved! So cherished for his abilities to craft, and making his mother proud of his fighting. The massive beast leaves shallow scrapes behind him as he slithers across snow, head held off the white, sinister head covered with small spikes and horns tipped with frosted silver.

He is an intimidating sight, a sight that screams to his prey- 'Run! Run and flee!'. Scariest of all is his gaze, paralyzing green eyes, although a brave beast could break free quite easily of his hypnotic voids.

""

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

It was the writhing ebony form that caught the warrior's eye. He was soaring as he so often did over his home, now dry and windy in the depths of Frostfall. Looking at the land from above gave him a much better view than Equines or Unicorns might have, and so he noticed the massive reptile passing the Throat's borders. As soon as it did, muscled ochre wings tilted, sending him into a quick glide towards the cold sands below.

"Greetings, great serpent." His booming chords rang out with no lack of courage just before his feathered limbs met the ground. He came to stand still in the beast's path, knowing that if it was hostile, he would not let it pass any further into his home. He would die for the Throat if he had to, for it would not be the first time he'd laid his life on the line for it. The scars across his golden pelt should be indication enough for the snake. The only one he'd ever feared had not been a reptile, and so Leander held himself with the same outright courage and confidence as he often did. "Welcome to the Dragon's Throat. I am Leander. May I ask what it is you seek in our land?" His words held the same politeness as they always did when greeting a stranger, though his profile was even more stoic than usual. He did not need another creature to fight, for there was far enough to worry about already. And by the sheer size of the dark, emerald eyed basilisk, he knew a fight with him would not end well, even if he did emerge victorious. He could only hope that this creature sought refuge and loyalty within the herd. At the idea, his features lightened a touch. What a great ally this mighty thing would be against Mauja and his band, if they ever decided to invade the Throat. White lined orbs still regarded the serpent carefully, but his hope began to broaden. Maybe the Gods were looking kindly on him this day.

Avira Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A
pegasus | mare | 15.2hh | 8 years | unclaimed

Its just overwhelming. These thoughts of him. Seems as of late that's all there is roaming across my mind. Leaving footprints around the tendrils of my imagination. Tiny footprints. Tiny hooves. His and mine combined. Oh, but who am I kiding? That massive boy isn't the one for me... right? Or is the big bad boy my one?

Avira flew above. Not far from the meeting of a great serpent and its new friend. Or enemy. Who knew the outcome of the situation by now. All the short pretty little mare saw was a buckskin touching ground not far before a giant serpent. Words were conversed but they did not touch her ears. No not yet. Avira worried the meeting was not for her ears, not to mention she worried it was far from safe. Though her drive for company and the love of others steered her directly to the side of Leander. Stocky legs let out for a gracious landing. Avira stayed a good distance from the gathering. Lowered her rump and flapped those prided wings hard. Back hooves touched the earth first as she came to use her haunches like springs. Blue legs finally leveling out gently.

The mare dipped her head in a manor to show respect. Though her words did not fall yet. The mustang drank in all that she could from the situation. Electric blue eyes absorbing the Masculine build of Leander. His buttermilk skin and dark wings. The odd white markings around his eye, maybe some sort of tribal proof. Then her orbs drifted to the draconian creature. His scales rather appetizing to her. Green eyes that added mystery to his own build. Short but oh so long and huge. Bazilisk brought fear to her heart. Striking it deeply within the missing of Abyss. The longing to see the giant black stallion again. "I am Leander. May I ask what it is you seek in our land?" was the last bit she caught from the buckskin. The blue feathers above her tail ruffled and moved uncomfortably in the line of the serpent. "Forgive me if I intrude, I just found the skies to be tiring at the moment." a light, warm smile fell upon the mutt face. Gentle two brown toned hide rippling with tensing muscles.

[ooc- hope you don't mind the intrusion.]
"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

.B.A.Z.I.L.I.S.K.
"Horses? Horses are little things. I may live to a hundred years, while their life-span ends much before me. I do not detest them, but I do not love them."

The black serpent's blood-red tongue flicks, the forked tip tasting the air. It's the heavy sweetness of the bird-horses, of the pegasi that flock in the sky. Bazilisk winds his muscled body tightly, the dry rustling of scales creating a sinister sound like the cruel whispers of the wind. Brilliant toxic green eyes glittered, taking in the stallion who had alighted before him, intending to stop the basilisk's path. How very charming. Again, Bazilisk shifts, arching his neck, lowering his massive head over the little winged brute. In proportions, Bazilisk's back was only about 15 hands high, but with his head and a good one-fourth of his slippery body lifted off the ground, he loomed over Leander. Luckily, he did not intend to fight or to scare off the little bird-horse.

He's a brave little thing. The great serpent mused as Leander's spoke. "Peace, little bird-horse Leander. I do not intend to harm your niralgas, your... herds, is it not? I wish to offer my services as a crafter, although I will fight for you if you want." Bazilisk's voice was a deep rumble, and although pronouced surprisingly clearly, his voice is clearly foreign. Orbs turn to watch a second bird-horse land. He does not speak however. A solitary creature, and does not feel the need to share his opinion on her landing, or even does he rarely feel the need to speak.

Ah. Wait. The basilisk realized he should offer his name. In the Eternal Deep, serpents were normally nameless things, or had soft hissing names, like Sh-shi-ri, his mother. But his own name wouldn't do to share in this land 'Helovia'. "I go by many names, but you may call me Bazilisk."

""

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

As expected, the great snake acted just as intimidating as it looked. The scaled, black form raised above his own tall 17.3 high frame. Leander merely held his ground and kept the gaze of the creature, ready to charge head first into his chest of black leather if needed. He chose his path as a warrior for this herd, and no Unicorn, reptile, or anything else would sway him. Still, he gave the beast the same courtesy he would any stranger. Appearances were not always as they seemed, of course.

The sound of rustling feathers met his sooty ears, and it took a moment for him to realize that they were not his own. One gold eye cast sideways to catch a blue brown mare coming towards him. The scent that hung on her pretty hide was not of the Throat or the other herds; just the blank mask of a wanderer. "Hello, miss. You are certainly welcome here." He only had time to nod and offer the few short words to the lady before his sights went fully back to the Bazilisk and it's greeting.

Granting his own hope, the serpent offered his loyalty to the herd. His speech was unlike any the palomino had ever heard before, but the phrases were clear enough to understand. Even though the creature's desire would benefit the herd, there was no way to determine whether or not it truly had no cravings for horse flesh. It was with that in mind that he regarded Bazilisk with a careful smile. "You would undoubtedly be a great asset to the herd, Bazilisk. As long as your diet includes no equine variants." He responded with emphasis on the point of safety. It seemed that the giant was sincere enough, if only from the appearance he gave. Hopefully he truly did want to become a part of the Throat. Supressing thoughts of what great use he would be was difficult in the soldier's mind. He could almost see Mauja's band running from the very sight of the Bazilisk, and that was enough to make his smile broaden just a hair.

Avira Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A
pegasus | mare | 15.2hh | 8 years | unclaimed

The want to run just coursed through her veins, itching at every muscle in her body. Standing there she felt alone. Like at any moment the buckskin could disappear and she would be left alone with this giant beast. It wasn't long until her troubles filled her mind with doubt. Avira ceased to move forward not one inch. Not even leaning that way. All of her weight was backwards. Shifted. Leander's words were quite nice, her brown audits pulling in the kind tones. Though the serpent began to speak and her eyes widened. Drenching herself in the tenors.

It was the warm bad ass feeling in her tones that calmed her state of mind. Relaxing the mare drove forward slowly. Eyes particularly set on the basilisk. Everything she prepared herself echoed in her blood. Chilled lips curled gently, "Bazilisk, an interesting name. Tell me great man, what is it that brings you to the inhabiting home of the equine's who are bare, horned, and winged?" honey tones coating the tip of her tongue. Interest and curiosity at its peak. What would he be doing here? What would Leander be doing accepting him into the ranks of them? Suicide, or a great choice.

Unregistered

.B.A.Z.I.L.I.S.K.

I chuckle drily at the bird-horse's hesitant response, and slip back a few feet, lowering a large part of my suspended black body. I think carefully over my answer, not wishing to give Leander false words. I need to eat meat, I would not dare to lie, just as my body needs the hunt. "Leander, I would not feed on your herd or, I grant you, any other equines, although I hope you understand it is only my way to continue to eat meat. I am a predator, and no matter what you or your leader may want, I would not think to become a grass-eater simply to please a horse." I do not hide my teeth as I speak. I am not embarassed to show my nature. Of course, the little bird-horse could try to drive me off for saying such a thing, but I wouldn't care that much. I will continue to hunt, find pleasure in the succulent meat of the deer, although I will miss the taste of horseflesh, not that I would say that.

I turn my head, toxic eyes watching the mare- it is a mare, right? I cannot tell with these horses- speak. "Bird-horse, I take offense at such a question, but your curiousity is a good one. I will not tell you all of it. Would you speak of your history to a stranger?" My voice becomes slurs more, laid with light hisses. While most horses' voices would become sharper when angry, my slurs more and more, until I am hissing and growling lightly and no more. "Simply, I cannot remain in my homeland, for a crime that is unexplainable here. It is a crime no horse, nor unicorn or pegasus, can understand, for it is one of the ways of the basilisks. Do not look at me with fearful eyes, for it is not a crime that will harm your herds or your own selves. And I will speak no more of it, no matter what questions you may pester me with." It's true, and I do not intend to speak any more of it. It would, I promise you, take a lot more than two puny bird-horses to shake out that secret from me. "Otherwise, I join a herd as, not sound vain, but who would not want a hold on my loyalties?" It was a good answer, I thought. It was completely true as well.

""

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

He had to refrain from letting out a sigh of relief at the serpent's agreeable words. He had assumed the creature ate meat, and if he fed on the deer, rabbits, and other small creatures and nothing of the equine variety, Leander was happy. Though he did not know what Kri would think of such a beast living amongst the herd. His own impression of Bazilisk was good, but the attributes of the black snake might be enough to make his matriarch rethink acceptance.

"Then I think you would be more than welcome here, Bazilisk. I will summon my leader to meet and welcome you herself." The tawny buck paused, hoping that the stoic sultana was not far off. "Kri!" Deep chords raised a call on the wind. Soon, the bonny umber girl spoke up, showing more courage than he'd thought she'd had. Out of the corner of his vision, he'd been noticing the mare sidle closer to him, but now she seemed to have summoned some bravery. Whether or not her brash talk would offend the Bazilisk, though, he feared.

The reptile answered, clearly a little taken aback by the girl's boldness, and spoke of a past crime. He couldn't help to wonder what exactly it was that got him exiled. At least the beast seemed cordial enough, no matter that his appearance would be frightening to most. He had not offered any ill manners, and Leander was quite sure that he spoke the truth. He laughed warmly at the forked tongue's last statement. He certainly was a smart creature. "The Dragon's Throat certainly desires your loyalty, friend." He addressed Bazilisk respectfully, before turning to the mare. She was a lovely thing, but he would not have her questions deterring the beast. "May I ask your name, miss? And what brings you to the Dragon's Throat this fine day?" He asked the earthy hued mare, his tone still friendly and polite. It was only his duty to ask, and maybe his questions would distract her from prying into Bazilisk's personal matters anymore.

Brooke Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[ooc- you can skip Avira's posting now. I at the moment have no time for posts tonight and I DON'T want to keep you waiting! :o

Basically consider her being respectful to each creature, giving Leander her name and simply nodding and saying to Bazilisk "Understandable." with a smile.
She tells each boy she must be on her way and takes to the sky.]