the Rift

a nice stop. |OPEN

Hrothgar and Beowulf Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hrothgar .and. Beowulf
pegasi | stallions | 18.3hh(each) | 13 years(each) | outcasts | twins | Hrothgar-Black | Beowulf-White

The two moved, dynamically in the same motion. Heads arched battle ready and wings pulled close to their sides. Heavy legs bounding upon the earth as they each stomped in the gait of a canter. The black, Hrothgar, in front. Followed behind and to the side by Beowulf. The pet of the relationship. Twins of evil and good. Their personalities each alike, only Hrothgar though held the abilities to feel emotions. Beowulf was an emotionless creature, unable from birth to feel anything for others or he himself. His white, pupiless, eyes stared with nothing. No light, no dark. Hrothgar held, though the same pupiless gaze, life. Life was evident in his eyes. The life he held was far brighter than the dead trees the duo moved through.

"You are foolish to think we are welcome among this territory," Beowulf pulled in the scents of others and blandly continued "this place is inhabited and at that, claimed." deep tenors rumbled as he pulled to sidle completely beside Hrothgar. "No, you are a fool to think I am unwelcome anywhere." the black beasts onyx eyes pulled in Beowulf's form. Teeth bared as he snapped them down beside his brothers ear. Beowulf slowed his pace once more, subduing himself to his brothers intelligence. Though he stayed back there only to think of the next moves to come. Criticizing the foolish ways of the king.

In the trees that grew from the Threshold in the Foothills they passed the borders. The scents much stronger now. Beowulf though did not question the trail any less and continued beside his twin. Hrothgar in the lead kissing the snow floor with his harsh steps. Black nostrils rippled as he snorted loudly, slowing down as Beowulf did the same not but a few steps behind. Hrothgar made his way to a large tree. Standing underneath it. Beowulf stood about ten feet away and both of them waited. Each knew someone would eventually come along. And it will only be stupid to try and strike fear among the fearless.

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi

Evers the Able

quote quote quote

"If you think it's foolish then why are you here?" The quiet but demanding voice of Evers sounded through the sparse trees as he came up behind them. The blue was pitifully small in their presence, two of him could maybe fit in their wing span, but the six horned roan stood as tall as he could in their presence and kept his face stern. An intelligent face analyzing them both, each movement, their speech and their appearance. Twins. Like Archibald and Vincent. Although not as alike in appearance as his brothers were, Evers had spent enough time around them to know how they reacted to each other. At least, he thought he did. The blue positioned himself to the side of them, not wanting to come off rude but not wanting them to think they could simply walk all over him. Which they could if they liked, Evers concluded.

"I am Evers the Able. Chief of the Foothills, I require a reason for your presence, Sirs." His voice was sure and he waited patiently for a reply. Snow seeping into his worn hooves giving him a cold shiver, it wasn't good to stand still for too long in winter. He imagined that shaggy coat of Archibald's would come in handy right about now, Evers reminded himself to pay his brother a visit. The burly warrior needed to know his rise in rank and he also made a nice rug he could rap himself into. His skinny tail hung limp and blew between his legs, flicking drops of water onto his already drenched belly. It was all he could do to keep an open face whilst baring the brunt of the elements.

[ooc; -prods short post- :|]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
S V E T L A N A
The StormChaser
Those awful unicorns! Black ears pin to my skull as I think of think of them, both as white as snow, while their hearts are as black as ink and their tongues are foul snakes. I had taken my precious time on the way back to the Foothills from the ocean shores, musing over their behaviors and trying to puzzle who they may be. The lavender-eyed mare was clearly racist, although the colt did not seem racist, simply mischievous and annoying. Illusionists! Damn them! Useful, but tricky things I know I would never be able to sort out, not with my strength nor my diplomacy. Black voids glanced downwards as I finished the last of the mountains I had patrolled. I could see the herd- my lovely herd. Nothing out of order... wait. Eyes like a hawk's narrowed in on a patch of black and a discolored piece of snow. Ah. Pegasi. Attention-seeking ones, too, otherwise most pegasi would take to the skies, where few roam in the Foothills. Despite welcoming all three species, pegasi are rare to find, leaving a lot of air patrols on my hands. I hoped the pegasi I could see on the ground did not intend to waste my time, for I was already in a rather sour mood, without a bunch of idiots intending to fight me or trespass into our lands. They were both hairy monsters, one white, one pitch, but I didn't care for coat colors or appearances. Look at myself! I look like a yin and yang, black-pointed and black-winged, but a coat the color of pale steel that would fade to an even more shiny ivory.

Ebony wings slope, minuscule muscles adjusting feathers, well-practiced movements. Relaxed, I gently lower, taking my time, watching as Evers approaches them over the hills. He doesn't seem too happy from up here, so I may as well even the odds. Descending swifter, I re-align my wings, until I'm moving very quickly, from creating an illusion of slowness. Basically, I look fearless. I land softly on the hills, wings back-beating, hinds hitting snow first before being followed by my fores. Instead of speaking, I simply stop beside Evers, listening to his sharp, crisp tones. I have no reason to say anything, for he sums up everything I feel very well, the eloquent speaker he is.

~
walk walk walk
"talk talk talk"

Unregistered
Hrothgar .and. Beowulf
pegasi | stallions | 18.3hh(each) | 13 years(each) | outcasts | twins | Hrothgar-Black | Beowulf-White

Beowulf stepped closer to his brother before some grey equine appeared. Though he seemed bare, he held horns. Three on each side of his neck. Useless, the two twins thought. Their brains holding the same critique. It wasn't until the unicorn spoke, Beowulf's eyes squinted. Heafty hair clouding around his ears and cranium. Ears pinned against his neck in a snap. "You do not reqquees...." 'ssstt... anything of Hrothgar!' Beowulf cut off by the sharp bite of the black. Teeth scraping hair from the tough hide. The white mans neck flung sideways, pulling the clamping teeth from their grasp. Hrothgar whispered among his brothers ears, loud enough for Evers to hear, but not loud enough for the landing pegasus to hear. "Gentle now Beowulf, after all, the mutt has some courage to request anything." kingly tones addressing him as such, clearly stating that as a mutt you must have courage or you are nothing. Just a spec in the dirt to a mighty kingdom. To this Beowulf gentled his rough appearance.

Stepping back to let Hrothgar speak his ways. "Surely you do not address all company to your home in the manor you have my brother and I?" his pupil-less onyx eyes covering the body of the two before him. The short things they were. Hrothgar and Beowulf combined could surely put a whipping on both of them, of course not without consequences. Sure of there being some mangly little followers close by. Not sure how this Evers acquired any followers by the tones and demanding rude tenors of such first meeting. "I believe the answer your seeking is as lost as we are."

Beowulf's white body rolled in annoyance. Trembled in the desire to pumble Evers grotesque form to the ground for being so rude to Hrothgar. The king. The mighty. It was unacceptable in everyway and the fact that Gar told him to calm his tits pissed on his ego. Flaring his tempers higher. Beowulf intended to blame it all on Evers and as soon as he was alone and Beo was alone, it was sure the giant white would teach him a lesson he'd never forget. Though alone would never be.

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
The air cut into the warrior's eyes, causing them to narrow for protection. The hulking beast had gained a winter coat to be envied, but some areas of him were still just as sensitive to the cold as others. Thankfully the snow did not blanket his herd land completely. The simple fact of that made Frostfall at least slightly tolerable. Archibald still, however, despised the season almost as much as Tallsun. Loretta, on the other hand, thrived in the cold. She was a joyful girl in the cold months, her mind and heart at ease with what her ancestors were bred for. Even now she danced the path in front of him, tail swishing in the air like a banner.

Caught up in Loretta's bliss Archibald almost missed the scent of his brother. He would have mulled it over, had it not been for the two foreign scents as well as the scent of the pegasus leader. Curiosity sparked in him and he turned carefully and trotted until he could hear voices, then slowed to a walk. Archibald had meant to catch up with the two leads and talk to them about what happened with Ricochet, but he did not really want to deal with newcomers as well. Ophelia, the white daughter of Paladin, had expressed her worry for the herd and suggested that Archibald talk with the other two leaders about stepping into Ricochet's place.

Loretta still trotted beside him, but once her eyes fell on the two large creatures in front of them she began to growl and ran forward. Loretta ran straight past Evers and stopped dead in front of the blue. The bitch lowered her center of gravity and spread out her legs to balance better. A sickening snarl rose from the depths of her being and each hair along her spine stood on end. Her normally curled over tail stood straight up and frayed out. She stood with tense muscles and watched the twin pegasi above her and growled fearlessly, standing in protection of Evers.

With wide eyes Archibald followed, his speed increased slightly. Even before he reached Evers' side he knew exactly why Loretta acted in the way she did. The red dog sent one word repeatedly to him: threat. Archibald knew it, and instantly his defenses set. "If you wish to threaten my brother, and leader of this herd, you wish death upon yourself." Archibald spoke fiercely, his voice strong and projecting. The black warrior stood tall next to the blue, his neck arched and ears pinned to his skull. Anger fueled Archibald's words and he took two steps towards the twins, golden eyes narrowed in on them. Loretta still growled now and took a step forward of her own, daring the twin pegasi to make a move.

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi

Evers the Able

quote quote quote

Before the two pegasus twins could explain their presence, Svetlana landed beside the blue and he was glad for her company. Over the few days he had grown accustomed to her ever watchful presence, since the first time he had met her, Evers felt their friendship had grown and now felt at peace next to her. Maybe a little more safer too. She said nothing and instead watched, the twin brothers now speaking and the first in a tone the blue didn't much care for. He was saved however by his darker sibling who interjected before anything could go any further, although this ones words set Evers' teeth on edge even more.

The Chief kept his calm composure and listened with his lobes half back to Hrothgar's rather insinuating reply. Still the blue said nothing until he had finished and was about to clear his throat to respond when a familiar scent of horse and dog entered his sooty nostrils. Archibald and Lorreta. His brother, solid and powerful as ever, took the wind from his siblings sails and spoke first. His fierce voice piercing the air as he delivered his own threat to the brothers, his bonded responding with him with her protective stance in front of Evers.

Finally it was his turn to talk. He gave an appreciative glance to Archibald and resisted the urge to step closer to him in fear of looking weak. "I see nothing in my tone that would suggest a rude manner, a Chief is allowed to know the business of strangers within his borders, in fact he would be rather foolish to ignore it." His voice was still quiet but felt a little surer now in his words, they may of been rude in Evers' opinion, but if they were truly lost he would help them.

"Where is it you wish to travel to, Sirs?" He moved no closer to them and was rather thankful for the support surrounding him.

[ooc; sorry for the late reply]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
S V E T L A N A
The StormChaser
I watch as the twins, for I'm sure they are twins despite their polar opposition in coat coloration, seem to bicker internally. And externally. Archibald and his dog comes, threatening words from the shire's mouth as he loyally sticks up for his brothers. The twins, meanwhile, bite each other. I don't like them. I really don't. I would rather send them packing with a few well-aimed kicks and a nice bite to the shoulder, or at least show them they were talking to the three leads of the Windtossed Foothills. Really, they shouldn't piss off all three leaders, and it wouldn't be too difficult to have me as an enemy with this black mood I'm in.

Evers' always-good words are strong but not too sharp on my ears. I try to hold my mouth shut, for I think if I were to speak I would end up attacking these pegasi, but in the end I end up speaking. "If you wish to find a place to settle, I'm sure I can help you find a flight path for yourself." My words, though tart and sharp, are not inquiring. I just want them gone, gone, gone.

They remind me of Basjoll and his gang, a bunch of bastards who had been intent on raping me. 'Pretty lady!" they had called me, Basjoll's rough voice on my ears, always attempting to seduce me. In the end, I had been forced to nearly kill the bastard to keep him off my hind end, and since then, I had never liked drafts that much. Or, perhaps better worded, I was more distrustful of them, except for Archibald. Archibald was the exception- he was devoted to his brother, and Evers seemed to care for him like, well, a brother, so I would trust him with my own life, as Evers does. Evers is not without his sharp wits. You sound like a wardog, Svetlana. Now, pay attention.

~
walk walk walk
"talk talk talk"

Unregistered
Hrothgar .and. Beowulf

Another joined in on the scene. Some big brute with the a rather distrusting tone. No matter where the two drafts go, this followed them. A rare case would someone just come along and treat them gently and like real adults. That would please Gar and with Gar pleased, Beo was. The children before them danced around like foolish unpleasant fuck nuts with a dog. When Archibald spoke they wished death upon themselves and the dog began growling, both twins looked to each others face. An eyebrow raising in surprise and then the unforgiving laughter. A deep rumble of pure amusement. Both of the studs were at the least bit worried and continued to fall rather relaxed under confidence.

"Mmm... yes. It would seem as a chief you'd have the right to do so but I'm sure you do not approach others the way you have us." a smirky grin running from his lips. Beowulf could feel the tensing feelings coming from his brothers mind. A twin instinct. A grin came across the white in an instant, "Do we intimidate you?" ears flattening to his neck. Hrothgar stepped forwards to the dog, not worry a bit about the mangy mutt. If it lunged forward in attempt to attack, he would have no problem stomping its red blood into the falling snow. His master along with it. The pupil-less eyes of the brother gave the trio no signs of who he was truly staring at but if the white mare could feel it. His gaze was rather hastily running across her skin.

"Darlin, we don't have a certain destination. Therefor we do not know the place we happen to need be, again. We're here to rest. You all have no reason to fret, I nor my brother wish to fuck around with the little kingdom your creating. We don't wish to drowned you down with drama. If you allow us time to rest we'll be gone by morning." black eyes then turning with his head aimed towards Evers. Next his cranium fixing on Archibald. The 'warrior' he did not fear. Rather felt pity for him to be protecting such a useless, small king. Beowulf's grin wiped right off his face then. Serious business set across his tones now. He agreed, he needed rest.

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Archibald's annoyance was growing and his patience was fading just as quickly. The black knight's tail slapped against his hard hind pillars, eyes narrowing carefully on the white one. If they needed to, Archibald was going to enjoy ending these two. The black one asked for a place to stay in their herdland and Archibald bristled. You expect the protector of this land to be merciful and compassionate after you threaten their brother? Archibald hissed internally, making Loretta growl even deeper. As the white one stepped closer to the red bitch she exposed her pearly fangs, her bloodcurdling growl ripping the air around them.

"I assure you, vagabond, that I am dauntless." Archibald hissed as he took a step towards the white pegasus. Archibald's ears pinned backwards and his neck arched, muscles rippling along his body. If he could let out a growl as intimidating as Loretta's the earth would be shaking. "The Foothills do not need pagasi like you two--I can smell the arrogance and anger seeping from your pours. There are many other safe places to hide in, as it seems that is all you are interested in." Archibald did not see these two creatures as anything except unintelligent, cowardice mice. After all, it only took a stupid horse to challenge Mandrake's sons.