the Rift

Little Red Angel

Ray Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She entered the threshold at a smooth walk. She whinnied loudly. Her chords sounding like a loud violin cutting through the quiet air. She unfolded her wings. The white wings glowed. She trotted forward. Her adrenaline pumped through her veins. Her heart beats like a drum. With a quick flap of her majestic wings, she is airborne. The sun shining its blinding rays on her through the cold icy winds. Her coat colored tail following like a a cloud of mist. The breath from her darkened muzzle mists in the air. With the updrafts keeping her in the air, she doesn't have to move her wings a lot. She dips her left wing lower than her right, and banks. She maneuvers gracefully and easily, unlike when she was a filly.

She decided to land. She points herself to the ground and closes her wings. She plummets to the ground a fast speed. When she is a few feet away from the ground she opens her wings for an easy graceful landing. When done landing, she prances forward, almost as if showing off. The snow crunching delicately under-hoof. The mare had taken a liking to the scenery much different from where she came from. The desert versus a forest. Both sites intrigued her personality. Egging her on with the whistling wind or the faint howling or coyotes or wolves.

She stopped prancing and just walked forward. Her head was arched, but still high. Her banner also slightly high. Not like an Arabian tail, however Arabians always fascinated her. She mare had one silver-whiteblue eye and a dark chocolate color in the other. Her chestnut coat glinted in the sun's rays. A beautiful sight.

She reared up. Her hind legs taking the challenge of holding her steady. Her front hooves swung in the air. She tossed her head all around. This was her wild side. She mocked and fought with this side. All her enemies had and will fear this side of her. She wasn't a complete brute though. She had a calm, innocent, seductive side too. She felt her front hooves kiss the ground. For that breathing moment of her mane flopping while her head swings and the highlighted muscles in her leg graciously hold her high, she felt unstoppable. A pure war horse. She stood now.

The snow flurried around her. It reminded her of her dreaded mother. Delicate, broken, and innocent. Dreaded? Yes. Her mom was never around as a filly. Ray lived with her father. He was protective of her. The only trustworthy stallion she knew. Ray use to be very racist about unicorns, but now, she wasn't. She accepted their presence. If a unicorn did try to win her heart though, that fellow better beware, she promised to herself, she would never love a unicorn. She has indeed kept that promise.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Chest drew inward, exhaling cool afternoon air—each warmed wave submitting a cloud of mist in its wake. A painted figure shifted between earthly pillars at a brisk trot. One could say he seemed very familiar with the area; the telling sign of confidence lingered enough so that his bulk trailed quietly and without damaging footfall.

Snow colored feathers brushed against winter foliage as the silent warrior misted between open sunrays. His splotched ebony hide stood out like a slab of coal against the onslaught of wet ivory; homeward he traveled. This lad had destination in mind, and a relaxed expression kissing pleasantries across readable features.

Ktulu

He was returning home from their meeting, many lingering thoughts begged to be pondered at a later time. There would be hours enough for thinking on personal matters…later. Honeyed eyes took quick notice to signs that signaled another presence, velvet senses perked when sounds of movement echoed through the forest and tempted his curiosity.

Midas turned toward said sound and was rewarded with an answering source moments later. Avian wings caught his attention first, followed by the individual that hosted them. A gentle nicker fluttered from a vibrating throat to announce presence, “Good afternoon ma’lady.”
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered
The cold was biting at her hooves. She stood in a perfect manner. White petals tangled in her hair from the Earth God. A faint beat of hooves notified her that she had company. Probably some reckless dear. Her thoughts intruded her serenity. A soft nickered traveled to her ears. She turned her head to where the noise came from. Then a voice. Clear and gentle, yet strong and brave. Her innocent orbs looked at the figure that emerged. Her unmatched color orbs noticed the yellow tipped wings set on a horses back. Another pegasus... like herself.

She couldn't tell much about the stallion currently. Her sugar colored wings were folded up neatly. She relaxed her flexed neck. He was flashy. Without a doubt, he got noticed everywhere. A white coat with large black spots. The wings also gave him away. A gorgeous white that faded to a slight yellow color. Yellow orbs eyed her. Golden hooves that led him effortlessly across land were now crunching the light layer of the crisp snow.

"Good afternoon to you too. My name is Ray." Her chords strong and slightly wild. He had the option to add in his name. Her orbs now eyed him. So unusual yet so fascinating. All the years off seeing all sorts of different winged pegasus, she had never seen one like him. He also seemed quite young in comparison to other stallions. Her ears relaxed and tipped forward.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
She turned to him, eyeing his profile with what he estimated as mild curiosity. Kind features never faltered, this man was used to lingering glances. The golden entrapment around his cape shimmered warmly as soon as he was fully submersed into their sun. Its stumbling weight no longer bothered him as it once had.

All winter long he had borne the bulk with gratitude and a humble heart, almost as if the collar had become a second skin; a pulsing friend. Since the size and shape largely took up the mass of his shoulders and neck, the delicate carvings and garnish led ones eye to take notice. He smiled warmly at her assessment and lowered muzzle respectfully when she spoke, "Good afternoon to you too. My name is Ray."

“Ah, such a lovely title,” he murmured, already finding the name pleasing and easy to remember, “I am Midas.” Skull leveled, gaze quickly retraced the lines of her darkened pelt and feathers, memorizing contours to commit her person into memory. Finding satisfaction he averted gaze back to her face and asked, “What brings you to the Threshold on this fair afternoon?” tone remained pleasant and calm. With the help of wind direction he could already tell she was without home; a loner or rouge of sorts.

Unregistered
He analyzed her. She looked and felt foreign to this world. Orbs passed over her muscles and shape. He turned his cranium back to her face. He looked back upon her cranium. His voice was humble, along with his manifestation. Looks could be deceiving, and she know that from experiences. Her name had been approved by the stranger. He let his name flow from his muzzle and linger to he perked ears. Midas.. She repeated his name. It rolled off of her tongue.

What had other horses been doing at this forest? Probably running from hideous backgrounds and history. Not her though. She had heard of this majestic place through the mares' speech. They talked about the herds stallions mares and all sorts of things. "I have come here from a far away desert. With no plants or other animals some get bored. I was becoming the boring Pegasus with a blank expression and a dull coat. I left in search of this lively place named Helovia." she spoke the truth through strong chords but a relaxed composure.

"Midas, what brings you to this part of such a large world? It seems you already have a home." Now asking slight questions, she wanted to see what he really was. Her orbs looked him over quickly. His coat was that of a white canvas with ink placed on. Orbs gold like the sun's rays. White wings eroding from his back. He was pleasant on the eyes and ears. She waited his response.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
An answer to his question came quickly and with little hesitation, "I have come here from a far away desert.” Ah, a feathered sister with mimicry from his own homeland, “With no plants or other animals some get bored. I was becoming the boring Pegasus with a blank expression and a dull coat. I left in search of this lively place named Helovia."

So—she was looking for excitement and a thrilling new start at life. He couldn’t help but smile a little at her description of boring, a careless chuckle slide free and humor lightened his already daylit eyes. The hour to hour tasks of existence could prove to be of a more dull nature. Regardless, Midas obviously didn’t find her boring or dull in liquid caramel coat.

In this country there was always someone new to meet, training to do, and boarders to protect.

A question followed, directed to learning more about him, "Midas, what brings you to this part of such a large world? It seems you already have a home." Readily the unmasked general responded with open, honest tones, “I often travel these woods to other areas of Helovia, Deep Forest lies just South of here,” orbs turned toward the distant covering of trees where he had left Ktulu behind, heart immediately fell a notch at thought of her, “and my home rests below, bordering the ocean.”

True, Midas could have just returned home from his meeting; but… the hold drew him forward since it was only a stone’s throw away from the Deep Forest. Attention returned to company at hand, “Since this is your first experience in Helovia, allow me to welcome you whole heartedly and extend invitation to Dragons Throat.”

Unregistered
His invite rang in her mind. She knew nothing of this place. What if it was a ugly place like where she came from. Dragons Throat. It didn't sound pleasant, but maybe it would be filled with other ones like herself. "What is this place like?" There were various places this Throat place could look like. Perhaps a lake with fog sitting on top of it, or maybe a forest with a few birds singing their songs. The possibilities were almost endless. There were two places she would not go, a cave or a very cold place.

Her orbs focused on his, like a camera focuses on an object. She smiled. He was a pleasant source of the scarce company she ever had. Lately she never spoke to anyone. Was this a quiet part of this vast region named Helovia? She rested her cloven hoof on it's tip. What if the herd members disliked her? With a lead mare background, she would have to 'chill out.'

Her redish-bronze coat stood out like a black crow in a sea of white. Her white scar was one of her best memories. This was her only evidence of a brutal fight to death. A golden stallion with a black mane and tail challenged the young adolescent mare. He regretted it as she walked away leaving him on the floor... dying. Her past was past. She was friendly and have far less fights and spars.

She remembered her herd. Boring. The only thing standing in her way was a little filly named Clovie. A filly with an energetic vibe and a passion for all animals. She would've died coming here. Ray nearly died. She was healthy now though.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
"What is this place like?"

She asked a logical question, one that he was only too happy to answer; the only pondering was of how to provide proper response. How could one describe a diamond in the rough—or perhaps the texture of soft ocean sand beneath hoof during the heat of heartfire. Or even how refreshingly cool a simple drink from the crispest of streams Oasis was?

Midas could not put such emotions or feelings into mortal words, all he could do was smile tenderly and say, “Like the sands you were born in, my home reflects the same; though it is bordered by the ocean,” sighing out a misty breath he continued, “within the heart of Dragon Throat lies a hidden paradise, an oasis.” Fondly he uttered, “I could form words to lace your ears with a picture, but the real thing is more impressive then the utterings of a mere man.”

Ray may or may not find personal favor within a testing home since she had already developed a dislike for the wild sands of desert life. Despite knowing this, he thought it polite to offer a safe haven for rest and recuperation regardless of preferred preference. Ever since the great Edge battle, folks were at odds with each other; and bitterness for his species wasn’t a hidden factor. Either way, Midas made himself available for a chance at new beginnings in all matters. Even if those new beginnings weren’t in his family.

Unregistered
Her question rang true. Another desert. Great.. Well maybe the herd is nice? He did mention something about an oasis, right? Desert were almost bare. She loved plants and to not be around them makes her crestfallen, but if there was a lush oasis then maybe all of it wasn't dead and she could be happy in this 'Throat.'

"Well Midas," She thought for a moment then lifted her head slightly. Her ears were slanted forward, interested in his words. "It would be fun to live near one of the most lush places, but..." She sighed slightly. Then looked to the ground. "a desert isn't to my likings." She looked back up at him. Her orbs scanned his face. "If the herd is friendly and as accepting as you, maybe I would enjoy it. Plus, the ocean is a majestic beast that clears my hed from useless dramma." She smiled very slightly. "Midas, it would be a fun pleasure to join you and this herd at the Throat."

Her white wings were more relaxed than before, and her hoof still rest on it's tip. Her white scar drew the attention away from the rest off her body. A white scar that had been there almost forever. Her dark hooves were to far sunken in the snow to be seen. Brown and baby blue orbs captured the slight light that creeped it's way through the white clouds. Midas also looked quiet enchanting black on white coat, yellow eyes, and golden hooves. His wings were what really lit her up on the inside. White wings with yellow tips.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
She remained thoughtfully open, a refreshing surprise to the denial he was expecting in return. Like an open book she weighted the pros and cons of his promising words, "a desert isn't to my likings."

Respecting her words Midas remained neutral and with encouraging expression, ears perked when she locked eyes; searching for something he only could hope to possess, "If the herd is friendly and as accepting as you, maybe I would enjoy it. Plus, the ocean is a majestic beast that clears my head from useless drama." Gladness whelped in his heart; the tone of their conversation was turning into a pleasant ending for a blessed day.

"Midas, it would be a fun pleasure to join you and this herd at the Throat."

A genuine beam widened his already pleasant features further, “Your words lighten this heart; shall we head that way then dear sister?” They were going home. Hope rose, he honestly desired for this little lady to find satisfaction.

Feathered appendages took opportunity to lift from his warm sides, aching now to get them home. Did she prefer flying over walking? He would accommodate for either or, allowing her to make the decision. Though the mere ideal of maneuvering the skies with another set his heart to quicken in a faint rush.

OOC: One more posting round and then you wanna start a thread in the Throat?

Unregistered
His widened mouth beamed farther. He look goofy in a way. She didn't mind it though Everyone had to look funny or disorientated at on point, right? She really hadn't tried to lighten him up, it was something she did naturally. She was pure at her mind, heart, and soul. She lowered her cranium very slightly. A small, slight, smile formed on her muzzle. He opened his wings. All she thought was how fierce, yet loyal they looked. She opened her wings also. Her white wings had a large span, and they were pure white. Only a few snowflakes rested upon them, but every second they were there, more joined up. With little to no effort at all, she was off the ground.

Her beauty was when she flew. An angel in the sky. With the elegant precision to get flying right, she rarely ever flew awkwardly or in an nonrhythmic way. She flew upward slightly. She was barely above Midas, but she could see over almost every tree. She sighed happily. Orbs tracing the land and noting down details. Far away was a giant fog cloud, and then a meadow. The ocean was beyond everything. The water looked icy and wavy. Desert. She saw it. Eyes locked onto the spot. She couldn't see any of the animals, and just a spec of blue and green. How far were they?

Her adrenaline started flowing. Not to fight, but the feeling of flying made her heart skip a beat. The cold wind wasn't in their favor. Midas probably couldn't feel it, but she could. Right now... A desert sounds great.

"Well, Midas..." She didn't mean to, but her voice sounded quite suspenseful. "Whenever you are ready, lets go." No longer suspenseful. Orbs now looked at the young stallion. So vibrant and colorful. Like her, neither could be looked over. They stood out to much.

Passionate as the wind and soaring as a true testament of joy, they left.

OOC: I sorta ended it. I hope that is ok. ANYWAYS, Do I post in dragons throat? Also do I change my rank?