the Rift

Just starting (Aisha)(Closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Their walk was a peaceful one, with idle chatter filling empty spaces between them. Her spirited nature reminded him of younger days; when his worries had been as carefree as wind itself.

Truth be told, he had never been the most rowdy of youths—but there were times when heart felt light enough and young enough to simply kick up heals and have a little fun. The painted general couldn’t remember the last time he had simply ran for the sake of running, or flew for the sake of flying. Days seemed spent with endless duties lining his hours, and parenting responsibilities keeping actions on a straight and narrow path.

When was the last time he had played? Closest memory that came to mind was a trip during summer days into the cool mountains with Cherie. They glided across the ground as children, and he had laughed then.

Enjoying the company of another without heaviness weighting broad shoulders; how was it that over the course of a few months his life could change so drastically? He now had a son, and new herd responsibilities. Not to mention, magic and a mountain of unsettled issues that needed to be dealt with.

“All in due time.” He could almost hear the gruff whisper of an old sire whisper feverishly in his ear words of wisdom.

Midas turned to the ebony girl with no sign of inner thoughts along his features and said gently, “Welcome to Dragons throat,” their hooves had only just touched down on the first waves of sand; familiar sinking of hoof was normal for him, and he lengthened gait to accommodate change in pressure below.

A seemingly empty expansion of soft brown lay before them, in the near distance a jewel of faded emerald shone with the breaking rays of their sun between clouds. It wasn’t a beautiful and vibrant now that frostfall was in full force, but he felt proud to reveal its hidden wonder all the same.

“Welcome home….Aisha.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Aisha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Just starting

She had been think all the journey about what luck she had had. She had met a wonderful stallion who she could trust and was going to a new home. A new home... The words wouldn't leave her mind. A new home,a new home,a new home...

"Welcome to dragons throat." His words filled her mind with curiosity. She pricked her ears and her head flew up as her hoofs fell upon the sand. She pawed at the ground. The sand flew up beneath her hoofs,little grains hitting her back leg softly. She lowered her head,scanning the land with he coal colored eyes. To some horses the land may not appeal,but to her it was like a dream. She looked up. Land stretched out before her,filling her with the urge to gallop and buck but she held herself back to take in the views. The clouds blocked most of the suns rays but some of them manged to break though.
"So what do we do now?" Her eyes shone brightly as she looked at him and gave a small,friendly nip on his shoulder before looking back up at him with her bright willing eyes.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Her excitement was felt with each passing moment; it sparked the air and created an almost contagious happiness within. He was glad for her and smiled easily to show it, "So what do we do now?" Incisors scrapped his pelt with friendly fondness and overwhelming excitement. She was like his son, so ‘innocently curious and full of life’.

Turning skull to regard the youthful creature kindly he formed words to address yet another million dollar question that requested answer, “We get you settled in,” the Throat was going to suit her tastes by favored response. His home could be very beautiful for those that chose to look past rolls of sand and rock.

All that remained was her choice of position and final acceptance from their Sultana, “Have you any particular callings, for battle or healing?” he mused curiously whilst picking gait up and leading her to the oasis. One quick glance covered her coal colored physique; she appeared sturdy, but soft and childlike. Politely he looked forward again and waited for response. Aisha could meet, Kri, his herd leader later, there was always time for formal meetings so he wasn’t strongly worried about requesting a presence that could be overwhelmed with frostfall duties.

Unregistered

Just starting

As she carried on though the sand he stride automatically lengthened. it was like she had been living on sand all her life,she felt happy on it. The soft movement of the little grains under her hoofs made her feel at home. I never knew a place so beautiful as this She thought to herself. The rocks were of all different shapes and sizes and colors. The sand roller on and on for what seemed like forever,she hoped it would be like that for her,forever. "We get you settled in." That was the sort of answer she wanted. It made her feel like the home he was offering would be home forever,she hoped it was too.

She glanced over her shoulder at where they had come. sand stretched out behind her. She wasn't to sure if she could even see where she had enter the throat. She turned to look forward again,giving a little buck as she did. "Have you any particular callings, for battle or healing?” She thought about the question for a while. Yes she did. For fighting for those she loved and liked. "Yes I do." She paused. "I like fighting,and going into battles." She held her head up higher,pricked her ears more and quickening her pace. "I love the whole drama of it all and not knowing what the outcome will be." She glanced at him,she had no idea what he was going to say.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Blissful silence stretched out between them, Midas welcomed her pondering on his personal question; it was a rare instance when quiet felt uncomfortable, and thankfully this wasn’t one of those times. She answered him soon enough, "Yes I do." He glanced her way before politely turning gaze frontwards while she added her choice of occupation, "I like fighting, and going into battles." Really? His mind echoed without humor, she didn’t strike him as the warrior type; outward appearance could reasonably be deceiving.

"I love the whole drama of it all and not knowing what the outcome will be."

Visibly the armored stallion flinched, a deep frown forming across his face. Why would anyone love the bitter taste of battle and war? Even now, months after the ‘Battle at the Edge’, he could still see in his dreams the burnt twisted bodies, unrecognizable as horses. Agony and cries of pain had twisted into the air making every sound a visual picture within the mind of one watching. Each smell was intensified tenfold, smoke, infected flesh, burnt hair, and blood. It had made him nauseous then, and it did so now.

There was zip to love about his first battle; nothing even remotely telling of glorifying had triggered his sense of honor. If anything, he felt guilt. Quietly, a response came, “If defending the herd is your calling, then feel free to pursue it,” swallowing the bile that her statement created in his mouth, Midas added with a forced smile, “Myself and Azzuen are generals, and we oversee soldiers of all skill levels,” voice paused to allow her room in absorbing this new information, “How much training do you have?”

Unregistered

Just starting

Defending a herd She thought about it. She had only ever had to defended herself before and she had manged it easy enough. In some of her previous battles she had found enjoyment. Enjoyment in what? Hurting with out reason? Or was it hurting with reason? She quickly settled on hurting with reason. Was hurting others for a herd a good reason? Yes. How much training do you have? To be honest,she didn't have any real training. Only experience in her last home. She may not have as much strength as some of the bigger horses,but she had cunning and speed.

Thinking of the last battle she had fought excited her. She faced the horse head on. It had reared,Aisha had waited till the horses hoofs were nearly upon her before she darted from beneath. She had tired the horse till its power and strength was drained. She to,was tired but not as tired as the other horse. It was then she could use the rest,and last,of her strength to defeat the horse. She had kicked it to the ground,Towered over it and bite. She left the horse there. It was not dead. In fact,she had seen it a couple of weeks later,trudging around. It kept well away from her. Even now,she was full of pride. Thinking of it,she had never killed a horse. She believed in fighting,but killing? Killing took it to far. She had oftern seen fellow stallions kill others and truth be told,she had felt sick. killing took away ones honor,not made it greater. It was only the fight and win that made honor.

"I may not have training as others have,but I have experience." She turned her head slightly,giving him the view of her scar before turning back."Many experiences.I may not be the strongest of horses,but I am certainly quick thinking and cunning. I have defeated mare and stallion before. They were stronger,but I was quicker. I would tire them before kicking them to the ground as they did not have any speed or energy as I did." She pricked her ears,waiting for a response. Could she really be accepted as a soldier or warrior? She waited quietly for a replay. She sensed his mood had changed. She quietly added. "When you have been brought up with others around fighting,even killing,you get used to it." She paused. "Some horses arn't used to it,and are sick at the thought of it. I am not although I do not agree with killing. Never have I killed a horse. But I can watch the killing take place. So what a better place to be,defending those who cant for themselfs?"

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Being able to end a life without remorse or regret; was a cold act indeed. Midas had never robbed another of spirit, to do so without justified reason would be a great sin against the gods. Though a day would come, he knew; when personal magic, strength and abilities would be put to the ultimate test. No sense of reserve would lace his soul on that day and put all into question. Act, and react. Those were the fine rules to winning any dual. She responded to him with a twist of skull, he took note of the telling line marching its way across her left eye; a badge to some and a reminder for others.

"I may not have training as others have, but I have experience."

“Some experience is better than no experience”, he thought mildly, while politely listening to her retell of past victories. Fighting had nothing to do about glory, especially when the purpose of wounding another to the point of death was the goal. Yet, his new soldier sounded proud; as she should be. Midas nodded appropriately to all the things she said. The time for him and others to judge her skills would come at a later time, until then all that mattered was her choice of occupation; the rest would fall into place.

“So what a better place to be, defending those who can’t for themselves?"

Softening a little in response to her honest answers, he finally replied, “This herd will be grateful for the joining of another promising solider,” exhaling he added with solemn tone, “To serve your home in this way is often very trying. We are the first into the fray, and the last to leave it. A soldier protects brothers and sisters of any race, be it winged, or horned, or neither,” eyes landed on the dangerous protrusion she honorably wore, “Our warriors fight with honor, and on behalf of them I welcome you into that fold.” Head dipped when his two cents had been spent, he mentioned all of this so that she might understand the meaning of being a protector. At least through his eyes.

Unregistered

Aisha listened closely to all Midas was saying. “This herd will be grateful for the joining of another promising solider,” Would they be grateful? Grateful for her? She questioned it silently in her head. No one had ever been grateful for her before,why,even her own mother was disgusted at the thought of her. And her father,well she had fought her father. His hoofs had lashed over her face,cutting her badly. All she could see was blood. But she carried on. There was no true winner of that fight,they were both badly hurt but he knew that he would come to finish her of,so she had left. Left for a new home. Her parents were both powerful horses,full of muscle and power,but had no speed or agility unlike she. They though her a disgrace,they had looked down on her sleek,thin body and shouted "She has nothing in her! No real purpose for war!" They called her mad to. She would go of into her own little world of "crazy" things and when she was younger she would tell others them. But gradually the word "mad" would be whispered into her ear constantly so she had learnt to shut up about it. Another reason why her parents hated her...

"A soldier protects brothers and sisters of any race, be it winged, or horned, or neither,” What did he mean by this? Surly any horse would defend those winged,horned or neither. Or maybe he was trying to make a point that some discriminate those not exactly the same as there self. But she would defend all. She didn't care if they had wings,horns or nothing,it did not matter to her.

“Our warriors fight with honor, and on behalf of them I welcome you into that fold.” Yes,she would fight with honer. Unless honer was killing another horse,but yet,she did not think that Midas believed honer was killing. And if he did,then she did not know what to expect from more crueler horses. Maybe they would enjoy eating the horse after... And she went of into one of her mad thoughts. She imagined horses ripping others limb from limb like savage dogs. She shivered at the though. Now that was what made her feel sick...

"I shell protect all,even if it leads to my death." She lowered her head nobly and continued."And I shell do it with honer." She lifted her head back up and looked at the stallion before her."But now what do I have to do? She looked at him with questioning eyes,wondering what the answer would be. She slowed her pace a little so she could concentrate more on what he was saying,but all the while she had the urge to gallop and buck. No Aisha,maybe later.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Prejudice circled like an incurable virus in surrounding lands. Pride was the very thing that gave birth to their previous battle. Unicorns, Pegasus, Equines; they all wore a similar skin, yet—some folks thought themselves above those that bore different gifts. He would be damned if within his own ranks there were creatures that choose to live a life of bitter hate and simple minded thinking. So when she vowed, “I shall protect all, even if it leads to my death." He nodded and took the oath very seriously, "And I shall do it with honor." Even better. Catching those wide darkened eyes he studied them and smiled just a little when she asked, “But now what do I have to do?”

What did a soldier not have to do? He mussed humorlessly, “You have to train,” Midas started slowly, “Every day—strength your mind, and body,” hooves sunk for a final time and they were upon frost hardened ground. Empty limbs loomed overhead, few leafy plants still remain; their color was shallow and dormant looking.

The appearance of his family’s oasis was just another reason added to his bucket of reasons for spring to return with swift intent. He led her into the heart of the Throat—body brushing snow from nearby bushes. Tenor tones continued, “A soldier is required to patrol territorial borders; they are usually the ones to welcome or deter guests. Report daily what you do or don’t find.”

Sighing deeply he turned to her and added, “Among patrolling, you will be required to attend meetings when called, and possibly go to war when summoned to do so.”

Their meeting was coming to an end, he would soon leave her to rest and explore for the remained of the afternoon. He still had other things to tend to—like seeing his son and forewarning Kri of a new sister within their growing family. Body still angled toward her, open to questions and kindly observing her pretty face for reactions.

OCC: We can end this here if you want. Go ahead and post in, "General information," in the herd table to get your name put up, along with your desired duty. <'3 If you want to meet Kri, then send a message to Boom Boom.

Unregistered

Aisha knew that she would be going soon. She liked Midas but she needed time to explore and meet others on her own. She felt slightly intimidated at everyone else knowing each other. She wondered about what the other horses would be like. Cruel? Quiet? Loud? She didn't have a clue,she hadn't been in a proper herd like this before.

She turned to Midas. "Thank you Midas. For everything you have done." She looked out in the direction they were heading to from the start,then,looked back at Midas and caught his gaze."I will do what I can for this herd. For the horses. Thank you again." She gave him a gentle nip before heading of at a brisk trot. She was sad to leave Midas but she felt he had done enough for her. She buck and kicked out as she sprung into a gallop,something she had been desperate to do for a while. Her ears were pricked forward,as a new rush of excitement ran though her. She slowed to a halt and looked back at Midas. She reared,her black hoofs pounding in the air. Her scar in the direction of Midas. She could tell a story without words and only a scar. She would tell that story again and again,and continue it forever.

As her hoofs were inches away from the ground,she turned on her legs,and pounded forward,and galloped away from Midas. Midas. The name would stick in her head forever.

OOC:Thank you:) <3