the Rift

Gilded Return [open/Tallow]

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
The light had begun to fade already as Torasin led his new companion, Tallow, into the World's Edge for the first time. The days were short in the bitter winter, a cold breeze lapped into his gilded features as it blew in off the cold coastline in which their misty land hovered over. It was a dull place, especially in winter, the trees naked and their branches crooked and twisted to the malicious wind. If one was to say it felt like a graveyard they may not be far off, the battle that had ensued not all too long ago still left the ground scarred with the blood of all horses etched into it's sighing surface. It wasn't all that bad however. The Qian herd with some added company had made the place more homely and in time, when the seasons would turn, the World's Edge might not seem to harsh to the eye.

The paint led the mare to the outskirts of the forest and stopped, looking out towards the cold looking cliff. He wondered if others would come, to greet a new member. A distant trill came rolling in off the wind and Torasin watched as Kiba landed rather heavily on his bonded's back. Chirping a million welcomes to the dun mare, long folked tongue flicking back and forth out of his scaly mouth as he did so. "Welcome to the World's Edge, Tallow." Torasin vibrantly proclaimed before throwing a look at his dragon, who appeared to be finishing off what looked like the remains of a successful hunting trip. "This is Kiba, my brown dragon bonded."

Kiba exploded into a renewal of chirps, each as colourful as the one before it and flicked a long spiky tail back and forth. Golden eyes tingling with excitement. Torasin rolled his green pools and looked towards the horizon, waiting a little while to see if others would show.

Tallow Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The light was fading as the golden mare arrived in the World's Edge under supervision of Torasin. The winter blew bitterly and her mane fluttered. It made her cold here. Here, it was dull. The trees were crooked and dead, she thought. She suspected this place was better. She'd heard of the forests here being burnt by the Sun God. Looking down, she realised what the dark red spots were, that she'd seen for the last half-an-hour. Blood. But there would be company here. She hoped. The battle was over now, though it may return some day. She'd help with it. Defending, she meant. She followed Torasin through the forest. Why had her mother given her the name Tallow? At least it had a nice ring to it. They came to the edge and halted, looking towards a cliff. A brown dragon landed on Torasin's back. She loved dragons. He chirped at her. Then Torasin spoke and her head whipped around to look at him in the eye. "Thank you, Torasin." The dragon was finishing off a meal he'd had. Tallow chuckled. "Hello Kiba. I'm Tallow, as Torasin said earlier." Her voice was bell-like. At least Tallow didn't have to lie about her liking dragons. He continued to chirp and she nodded with each one.

Deceased
imi
He dipped his head to her voice, allowing Kiba to renew his trilling in welcome, a tail flicking from side to side. Torasin laughed merrily at the child like ways of his bonded. Green pools watching Tallow as she greeted each vibrant chirp, seemingly at ease and happy in the presence of the brown. Torasin flicked a pale tail and began walking once more, proffering his head to indicate her to follow. "Come, I'll show you around ma'am" and the steady beat of hooves sounded once more followed by the leathery flap of wings. Kiba flying above, seemingly satisfied and now more intent of the way ahead.

He walked slowly to the edges of the cliff, the mists still thick with fog and it made his hair damp and uncomfortable. It was always like that, in the Worlds Edge. Mind wondered until it finally landed on a question to which he now presented before Tallow, polite tones caressing the air. "Tell me, what do you intend to do, now you are one of us?" He flicked a head back and smiled, genuinely interested in the girls thoughts on her future.

Tallow Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Torasin dipped his head in her direction and she watched Kiba chirp his welcome. Her lips moved in a thanks. "It's very nice to meet you Mr Kiba." She bowed her head and laughter twinkled in her orbs. Torasin started to walk again. He spoke and she cleared her throat. "Yes please, sir." She felt a teensy smile play with her lips. "Sorry." Kiba flew above them and she raised her head, watching the brown dragon that she admired. "I hope to have a dragon bonded one day." She smiled. "They are such interesting creatures." Her legs swung beneath her gracefully.

The edge was near them, she could sense. She started to place her legs carefully, one at a time, so she wouldn't fall off the edge. She neared the edge and tilted her head so she could see the ground. It was so far away she felt dizzy. She might have fallen if it weren't for the clouds that blocked the worse bit. Even so, she gulped a little bit. She put forward a hoof and touched the closest cloud. She felt a little faint but adrenaline coursed through her at the thought that she was touching a cloud! For the first time she wished she was a pegasus so she could fly. She'd always felt free but... if she could fly... She heard Torasin's vocals and whipped her head around. "What? Oh. I don't know... probably not a nurse since I'm not into healing stuff, maybe soldier or something. I never had to wonder what rank I'd like to be other than queen or something. But I never want to lead a herd again. And especially not have a king. That'd remind me too much of him." She shivered slightly but passed it off for the cold. The cloud started form into his image. She knew Torasin couldn't see it. He was everywhere. Everywhere. She couldn't rid herself of the dark stallion. She looked around and glimpsed the shape of a log. It was large. Very. But she had learned to jump by growing up in the mountains, among crevasses and large boulders. She turned her body and sped to a gallop. She neared the log and lifted her legs into the air. She arched her neck and flew over the log with ease until her hooves hit the earth on the other side.

Deceased
imi
Kiba renewed his trills of joy as he was addressed as 'Mr'. Torasin laughed a merry laugh at the dragon who was almost blushing at the way the mare addressed him.

I like her

Torasin laughed even harder at the childlike voice in his mind. So easily he was pleased, the paint imagined he'd make a good turncoat. "They are indeed, although I can guarantee Kiba will be keeping you company from time to time. He seems to like you" his gentle voice told the mare. Wondering if she too, like himself, would be blessed with a bond for life.

Concern laced his eyes soon after however when the mare seemed to struggle with the edge of the cliff. He moved a little closer to her, in case she fell, his healers gaze watching with worry. Her words fell out of her shivering maw, playing into Torasin's worry. He wasn't sure if he should ask exactly who he was. Would it be rude of him to do so. Best safe than anything else so the stallion remained quiet for the moment, always watching the mare when near the cliff.

All of a sudden she turned and fled, racing towards a log and Torasin's green eyes flew open in shock. "Wait ma'am! Where are you going?!" He wondered if she could hear him, going so fast. Kiba trilled in the air, calling for her too. The paint picked up into a bouncy trot and attempted to follow her, wondering what on earth it was that frightened her.