Knock you senseless [moon goddess]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"
-- Patrick Rothfuss

[using VOTG pass!]

d'Artagnan was in a foul mood. Even if he was going to visit his beloved Goddess, the sheer journey from the steppe to the veins was enough to put him on the verge of lapsing into insanity again. He had walked far and resisted the urge to take a detour through the Edge land, finding the idea of intruding on their 'peace' rather entertaining. Not enough, however, to want a band of their idiotic followers chasing him half way across Helovia. It was far enough without travelling at break neck speed, he would of course have cut their numbers by at least half. So in essence it would only be a small band. Or so the Nightshade thought, his daydreams filled with shrill screams and the blood of his enemies as they fell one by one beneath his mighty form. A dark smile formed on his lips, each step taking up and closer to the shrines. The last time he had come here was when Mauja accompanied him, to learn the secrets of poison from the Earth.

It was when he reached the top he realized he hadn't actually seen his Goddess since the day she presented Mesec to him. The more he thought about it the more stranger it became, what was he supposed to say if she appeared? "Honey, I'm home!" The idle thought almost had him crying with laughter, what an intriguing notion he had just stumbled upon. Of course, d'Artagnan would not say such a thing as he found it absurd. Besides, his heart truly belonged to Kou whether he admitted it or not. Recovering from his lapse of idiotic hysteria, he coughed slightly embarassed and looked at the shrine in question.

"My Goddess I have many questions to ask of you, but one weighs more pressing on my mind." Gruff as always the shade thought of all the questions he wanted to ask. Why did she allow Mirage into their land? Had she betrayed them? What do they do now? Where is Mauja? However, the question he most wanted to pose was instead the ability to remove idiots like Azzuen should they ever get in his way again. A power that would render his enemies incapable of anything. How could he be Doctor of the Plague when he couldn't serve them properly. Sometimes there just wasn't any time at all to stand around and make a poison, especially in the heat of battle. Now he needed something that would give him the advantage he needed.

It was in the meaning of his name he found just the thing. The one problem he could foresee was the cost of obtaining such a magic. He could not poison somebody without healing them, although in the end he healed more than he poisoned. What would he have to do this time in order to be granted such a gift.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

A shifting mist moved through the veins, slowly and sensually taking the feminine shape of the gods' little sister. Lavender lids blinked over silvery, strange eyes as she took in the familiar figure of d'Artagnan. Should she feel guilt over blessing Mirage and her family in their plight for the Edge? Perhaps and perhaps not. Too many of d'Artagnan's family did not follow her glorious path into the night, and the darkness did not discriminate against appearance. Rather, she believed that the bay stallion before her would thrive in the current Edge, treating and learning those so well aligned in her favor. The rag-tag band of hatred in the Stepped was nothing more than dislocated folly, but she would not tell this stallion that news, no.

"d'Artagnan," she spoke fondly. "How are you and our son?" she asked with a small smile. Then, she took his his own words and the gruff and fragile countenance which he held up with such masculine and honorable fortitude. Would he crumble beneath her honesty? An interesting experiment, but not one she desired to explore just yet. He was too useful, and too handsome. She needed her son to be raised in the night and kissed with the winds. "Ask your questions. I will listen."

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"
-- Patrick Rothfuss

No matter how many times he encountered her, the sheer presence was still overwhelming. Maybe it was simply impossible to get used to the divinity of ones God, or maybe it was a mind thing. She took her shape and formed in front of him, each exquisite feature taking their place. d'Artagnan swallowed and listened to her greet him to which he dipped his head in honourable note, ears twitching as she enquired after their son, Mesec. "We're getting by. Mesec is still a little confused by the situation and misses you a lot. He is a strong boy however" he gruffly informed her. Their growing son was something he thought about regularly, although, the shade wasn't really the comforting type and Kou would most likely suit his needs much better. Also, they had Aviya now and Mesec had a sibling of similar age to him, a growing family around him

She turned then to the matter he presented, asking him to proceed with his questions. The Nightshade thought about it for a moment and then parted his lips once more, speaking of his uncertainties and desires. "I feel inadequate in my role, I was not there when the Edge was taken from our herd" his open addmitance was laced with bitter regret and barely contained anger. He projected none towards her, but there was an unspoken question there of simply 'why?' "I was stripped of the power you once bestowed upon me and even with the knowledge Lord Earth granted me it's not enough" his voice getting firmer with each word he spoke.

"I do not know why you let Mirage and her hoard into our land but I will not stand here and be walked all over. I ask that you give me the gift of power once more, one that will render my enemies incapable of moving. Like a Nightshade should." Dual pools so sure and a fire raging within his body. He hoped she would agree, hoped that she understood that they had suffered enough and he was worthy of this power.

[I know I posted in the updates what he's requesting but I'll write it here too <3
Nightshade :: Dark x Water :: The ability to poison the water inside another's body causing narcosis.]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The moon goddess was surprised with how openly accusing his words were of her and her choice to bless Mirage and her "hoard" on their quest for the Edge. She raised a brow slightly but said nothing, not revealing to the father of her child that she had given the option to Mirage to invade, promising to fulfill their wishes if they did. Instead, she observed the handsome's stallion assent into rage, and nodded once, understanding his need for power and consistency in his quickly changing universe.

"I will grant your request," she said, choosing not to address his other complaints. The goddess of the moon summoned two visions from the mist that swirled around her, forming pictures of two plants. One was a ground covering vine with flowers that possessed an intoxicating smell, and the second was a stemmy flower that oozed milk. "Bring both back to me, but take caution with the milky flower. You may find yourself paralyzed," she warned.