the Rift

I Blend In With The Snow

Crescent Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Crescent

The young unicorn mare trudged through the deep snow. The only thing that she could hear was the sound of her own hooves crunching the ice, and her heart hammering against her chest. She blinked snowflakes off of her eyelashes, and her breath misted the bitterly cold air. The icy wind swirled around her. Her pure white coat blended in with the snow making her nearly invisible. She shook her mane out in annoyance. This Frostfall seemed to last forever. All this snow and ice and freezing temperature seemed endless. She missed the beautiful green trees, and grass, and flowers. She missed frolicking through gorgeous meadows, and the warm sun shining on her back. Instead, she had been walking through this barren landscape for days, and she hadn't seen a horse for miles. Not that she was disappointed about this. She had been alone all of her life, since her mother died. She would pass different horses occasionally, but when she had spoken to them she had been treated harshly and coldly. She preferred to be alone. Suddenly the wind picked up, and snow was blowing everywhere. Stinging her blue eyes. She snorted in surprise, and trotted left into a barren forest. She found a sturdy looking tree, and lay down next to it. Her body heat was so intense it melted the ice around her. She rested her head on the ground, and fell asleep watching the snowflakes fall.

Tribute Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I blend in with the snow

A pure white horse seemed almost invisible in the snow,but in the trees could be seen as clear as the sky on a sunny day. Tribute watched in silent,his coat blending into the snow. He pricked his ears, sensing she had gone to sleep. He gingerly took a step,aware she could wake at anytime,even at the distance away he was. His tail glided along the grass with out making any marks. The snow crunched quietly under his hoofs.

When he came to where the trees started he stopped. He bent his head to sniff the ground,he could smell her clearly. He lifted up and pricked his ears in her direction and walked boldly towards her. His muscles were tense,he didn't know this horse at all. What could she be like? he though to himself. kind,cruel,lonely,sad? there were endless possibilities. Eventually he was by her side. she stirred a little. He stamped his hoofs,waking her. "Who are you?"His voice was calm but powerful and demanding with a kindness about it. He tensed himself,waiting to hear the mares response.

Crescent Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Crescent
info or quote

She snorted in surprise when she saw the stallion. She scrambled to her feet so fast all of the snow tumbled off of her back. She backed up a couple of paces. His coat was pure white, and the snow falling lightly around him made him hard to see. He was tall, and had a long white horn. She then noticed the green swirl marking on his back leg. She flicked her tail. “Hello.”, she said quietly; her voice sounding like the sweet sound of chimes. “Do you have a herd?” Or do you wander alone like me?” How would he react to her? Possibly arrogant and mean like all of the other stallions she had met. She pricked her ears as she waited for his response.

Unregistered

I blend in with the snow

Every time she took a step back,he would take a step forward till, eventually,she was up against a tree. Why would she back up though anyway? He thought to himself,but decided not to bother answering the question. Some things are perhaps better left alone. She was now easier to see against the dark brown of the tree bark. He looked the mare up and down,weighing her up. She was elegant,and stood tall,holding her head up.

He snorted,stamping his hoofs. "Hello mare. I am Tribute and I to walk alone but I enjoy company sometimes." He took a step closer and gingerly stuck his nose out towards her. "What is your name and why are you here,alone? His voice was,again,powerful and demanding. Snow fell thicker then before,he could feel the cold sting of it settling on his back. He drew his head back in and shook himself.Then he stuck his nose back out towards her and nipped her gently on the shoulder.

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
L E N A

Prosperity shattered, tossed, thrown against the rocky cliffs of their former home, and like the rough sea below, it tore apart the fragmented remnants of another time, another place. Before, she would have been able to offer shelter and sanctuary to wayfaring, wandering souls, and now, as she made her way towards the Threshold, there was no roof to protect and secure, no food to engulf and devour, no water to lap and quench. All she could extend were the nuances of the flat, wind-blown Steppe, frosted and chilled, glacial and intrepid. The shambled sentiments themselves were a grave mixture of deceit and rancor, a bitter, cold shell that offered little promise but the sanctity of company, a vengeful group of horned kin that yearned, desired, and thirsted for the sanguine burst of guidance, divinity and affluence again. Would someone hasten to such a decree? Would someone allow their minds to become fused, knotted, and entangled with a splintered tribe?

Yet, still, Lena traversed the nomadic world, a gypsy once more, determined and stalwart, resolute and unwavering, crossing over realms of ice and snow to beckon some solitary creature to unite with wounded, hungry beasts. Where sorrow threatened to consume her moral flesh, she found the power of tenacious commitment, pulling against her bones and blood, tearing away the broken enamel of misery, continuing onward, in search for fresh creatures, ones that could help mend the porcelain shards driven into their vindictive hearts. Elegance mustered and mastered along her limbs, sienna body turned to gold in the precious sunlight of a winter’s day, essence of ethereal entity not yet lost in the Siberian interludes. She raised her head to the skies and drank the cool portals of loss and light, the serenade of regrowth and renewal buried under the weight of solidified crystals. When a new scent captured her nares, drove them towards an unfamiliar being, her steps grew lighter, airy, forgetting the bruising ailments that had once afflicted them. She followed, tracing the pattern of hoofmarks lodged within the snow, a pathway of distinction, until she finally reached the newcomer, not one, but two. They blended into the world of ice, glacial, serene, impassive in the slate of winter's calm ire. Could they be one of these willing beasts, thrust into an unfamiliar world, eager for the adventure that awaited them? Would they be one of the amenable, ready to help them restore, rebuild in the shades of retribution and reprisal? Lena allowed herself a soft smile as she drew to a halt a few yards away from the fae and stag's presence, ducking her head cordially in a polite nod, before raising it to prior position, proud, benevolent, eyes opening to a candor she’d forgotten in the midst of battle. Even her vocals, unused recently in fear they’d erupt in a trembling sob, resonated with their old, mellifluous grace, incapable of forgetting their precious, rich clarity. "Welcome to Helovia. I am Lena." She almost broke then, pausing swiftly before she’d proclaimed “of the World’s Edge.” For she wasn’t now – only belonging to a shambled, distorted group of lost heathens and saints. "Who are you? What do you seek?"

Unregistered

I blend in with the snow

Tribute snorted at the presences of another horse. She shook his head,turning to face the horse. How did I not see another horse? He was puzzled by this. It was true,he hadn't had any idea another horse was around.He stepped to the side,gliding his hoofs along the snow,allowing all 3 horses to face each other. He wondered if he was right to stay. To be honest with himself,he had only come over to grey horse because she was alone,now she would not be. "Hello Lene. I am Tribute." He stepped towards Lene,greeting her with a gentle nip before stepping back. He looked behind him, further into the trees. "I would stay but yet I feel I cannot. Being with one other,is better then being with two." His words may have seemed strange but to him,3 was a crowd. He looked at the other grey then back at Lene."Take care fellow horses. Maybe I will see you again one day." And with that Tribute was invisible again. Hidden by the snow,he cantered away quietly.