the Rift

Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!)

Trojan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
TROJAN
Someday you will think I am a gift, the next, you will regret ever meeting me...

Walking forward. Ears flattened on his cranium. His muscles tightened. His mane running loose. A streak of blood on his left hindquarter. Broad blaze that was whipped on his muzzle and cranium. Long legs with thick muscles. A well muscled body. A feather tangled in the front of his delightfully crazy mane. A black blob covered most of his coat. The only white being on his withers. He stands around 17 hands high.

Blue orbs fell to the white snow like rain fell to the land. He eyed the snow. White. All he saw was white for miles and miles. It was a change from all the red he had seen for so long. The slight amount of snowflakes that fell to his back melted into water and went on its way. He had been alone for some time now. He didn't mind though. Blue orbs looked up and straight forward. He stopped moving his hooves forward and stood for a moment. Almost as if dancing, he turns around effortlessly. He continues to walk back where he had come from.

Snowflakes rested on his back, mane, and eye lashes, then melted away. He wasn't aggravated by the nature. He just hoped frostfall would end soon and the birds could sing their tunes, and flowers can color the white canvas once more. He was deadly silent. The only way anyone would possibly know he was here was by scent. He smelt different then the natives. His smell was a combination of blood, dirt, and rain. The sun had nearly baked him not long ago, but now? It froze him like ice cream you want to savor.

He again halted, but this time, he made no move to turn again. He relaxed slightly. His hind hoof on its fine tip. His tail was wavy, and almost curly. Not ringlets though.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

"Greetings." Ktulu murmured to the stallion from the tree cover. He had been silent, yes, but his scent was what had led her to him. He smelled like a warrior and she needed warriors if The Grey was to gain strength. She stepped forward, a stark contrast with the snow laden landscape that surrounded them. "And welcome to Helovia, I am Kutlu." A nod was given to the curious bear cub that was meandering his way toward the stallion. "And he is Eytan."

Her bloody gaze swept over the stallion's muscular body and she lifted her head. "Might I assume that you would be searching for a place to call home?" She wanted to test the waters first, see if the stallion was a loner or if he liked herd life. If he wanted to be part of a herd she would send him on his way, if he was a loner then he would fit in quite well with her rag-tag band of outcasts. One of her ears tilted back as she waited for his answer.

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

Icon by Tay

Unregistered
Trojan

A voice shot through the silence. A mare. One with a sharp horn. "Hello." His voice was slightly low and raspy. Light blue orbs searched the mare over. A contrast of dark colors, white, and red. She seemed like a warrior, like himself. How could he be sure? "And welcome to Helovia..." How did she know? Her didn't over think it. A nod was given to a bear cub, Eytan. Her red orbs looked him over, then she lifted her cranium.

"Might I assume that you would be searching for a place to call home?''. Yeah right. My home is everywhere and no where at the same time. "No, I am not searching for any home." He didn't add anything or not answer any part of her vain question. He enjoyed being a nomadic type. He also never settles down in one place, unless there is a purpose.

Black on white. A dash of blue. He was plain in a way. Although, he was plain he stood out. His black stood out against the white snow. His black hooves also stood out, but as of now were slightly sunken in the snow.

Her bear friend was a brown bear, but a cub. How old was he? Trojan was young, so his life was not nearly over. Would this mare offer him a purpose, or just look him over. His expression didn't change. Neither did his body.

OOC: Sorry for delay!

Shatter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
From a bit off, a white mare watched with a wise look to her eyes. Her ears jumped up at every word. She was listening intently to the conversation. Soon, she found herself moving towards it. Her soft feathered wings blanketed her back thickly. She neared them closer and closer, then stopped abruptly with a muted crunching sound of snow. Her soft yet strong voice shoved it's way up to the icy air: "So, what do we have ourselves here?" She was not afraid, but alone, and decided stubbornly that this meant that now, she could canvass with another creature of this land.

What could this unlikely couple be? A sincere femme and a lone brute? Ahhh, I see. This mare decides to offer hospitality to the lonely nomad? Or so it seems he is." She smirked. Shatter's lead-black eyes brightened. This is gonna be good. Her thoughts satisfied her.

"I am not particularly fond of herds, myself." She offered. They had reached some sort of common ground with the both of them being loners at heart. Her red gaze drifted down to the bear cub when he suddenly stopped in his meandering and looked toward the woods intently. Moments later a feminine voice rang out, which caused Ktulu's ears to tilt back against her head as she turned to the new mare.

Her voice didn't stop at the 'what do we have ourselves here?' part of her question, but rather she continued on in what Ktulu consider to be a most annoying fashion. "This conversation does not need a narrator." She said soberly. "If you have nothing of worth to offer your presence is also undesired." Immediately after she spoke Eytan turned his head toward her and gave her a look that meant she should be nicer. Ktulu sighed and shifted her weight. "If you're looking for a home among more pegasus you should head toward the Dragon's Throat. You will be welcomed there immediately."

The dark mare then turned her attention back toward the stallion. "Since you do not want a place in a herd would you be interested in a place among outcasts? Or do you prefer to be completely isolated?"

Resurgere | Wroth

Icon by Tay

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

I had gotten a little lost. You, my reader, might have noticed the scatterbrained tendencies that I have at times. Indeed, I love to watch the world. I could stare at the sky for hours and just watch the clouds in their slow migration from one horizon to the next. This might make me spacey, even airheaded as I find so much appreciation in doing nothing but watching. Sight is the more powerful sense in my humble opinion, and that is perhaps reflected in the way I admire its ability to consume and analyze the world. My love for viewing, however, had left me a few minutes behind my mother.

"Mother?" my voice rings out suddenly when I realize that no one is standing by my side any longer. Even Bear has scurried away in the past few moments as not to lose sight of her, and so I find my legs scrambling into movement, my growing wings flopping about to maintain my balance on still unsturdy limbs. They grew stronger and straighter, losing the crooked bow that captured them almost completely in my early life. Now, I move more freely, and this is good, or else I would be stranded in this wintery forest with no way of leaving.

I begin to pull forward at a trot, following prints in the snow until I can hear voices. Out of respect and because I hear mother's voice, I slow to a walk to avoid making too much of a ruckus while returning to the side of my beautifully dark mother. There are two others with her, and the cutting words ring out of her throat. I see that Bear is quick to nudge her into kindness, and I smile with delight. I make quiet steps toward her side, falling in next to Bear and looking up at her innocently, with a hint of sheepish guilt. I hope she had not noticed my absence, but it was rare that mother left anything I did unnoticed.

I listen to mother's words that come next, looking toward the stallion she is addressing. He looks young, I think, but older than myself and even mother. There is a youth in his stance that is undeniable, though, and I feel that perhaps we are all comrades here. He was highly contrasted with the white of the forest, but this fellow had no wings like the mare standing off to the side of the group, nor had he horns like mother or myself. I tilt my head slightly but keep a small smile. He reminds me of Lace, the stallion I had met in the Heart the day I wondered from mother's side.

"Mother knows many here," I say after she has finished speaking, a small voice, but confident here at the side of both Bear and her. "She can definitely help you."
""

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Unregistered
A mare emerged out of the thick. They didn't need anymore useless company. Her presence wasn't needed. "We do not need useless company, as this mare has already said." Soft colored orbs turned menacing and stared at the unwanted.

"Well, Ktulu, it would be nice to be with a few outcast. I am not completely anti-social." A small chuckle escaped from his quiet throat, filling it with a raspy rumble. A small voice echoes in his ear. Tilting one ear back and one forward he listens to it. Sounded like a confident young. His gaze returns to it's normal stance and looks to where the voice came from. A small foal stood there. He looked slightly unusual though. Two small ram-like horns sprouting from his cranium. Legs tinted blue with slight zebra markings. A almost white tail. Trojans gaze swept across the young one. He looked so much like Ktulu, he estimated, he was her foal. "And you are?" His gaze still fixed on the little one. His chords were normal and not menacing at all.

How odd we must look.. Thoughts were all he was thinking. A rammed little one, a horned mare, a rude, snide unwanted, a bear, and a paint. The blood on his hindquarter clotted, and his mane held it's feather still with it's slightly wavy texture. Blue-silvery orbs with, both, a cold look and a normal one. Black hooves that were almost as silent as a feather.

He paid no more attention to the mare that had so rudely interrupted them. Did she have a reason to do that? No. Did she want to think she was more powerful and use a bossy tone? Yes. Did we like that... hell no. It would'nt 'fly' if she did that again.

OOC: Did you see what I did there? With the fly thing, ya know cause she is a peg?

ali Posts: 22
OOC Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 5'4 :: 28
ali
Shatter, you must be mindful of the posting order as stated in the rules. You skipped over Trojan and posted instead of waiting for him.

Tainted Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Shatter, can you delete your post then post AFTER me. It was eant to be like that, because my post corresponds with the plot line.

Shatter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
The mare spoke. The bright mare remained calm and even so, still let her brave self overcome her mind. "Oh, well, guess what, miss red eyes? I am not one to enjoy my kind." The moments passed. Then, a small black colt trotted briskly into view. "Ahh. Have a young'un, do we? What are the chances, with a disposition like that?" She laughed harshly. Shatter's eyes narrowed as the colt spoke, obviously directed to the stallion. She waited a moment. To listen. She had a curiosity that most grown would not allow themselves to obtain. Boring. This wasn't at all interesting, and it seemed that anything that was had plopped it's little self right down in the dark colt's mind and had given no effort whatsoever to make it's way into the frosty air. Oh well. Shatter spread her thick, white wings, stretched, and glided away on a strong, cold wind current, leaving the conversation only to those who were present to it.

ooc: sorry

Ktulu's eyes softened at the sound of her son's voice and she turned her head toward him, lowering it enough to gently nuzzle between his perfect little ears. "Don't fall behind again." She murmured quietly to him before lifting her head once more to look between the mare and the stallion. Eytan rose and shuffled toward Hototo and plopped himself down at the young colts hooves and looked up expectantly as the stallion asked for Toto's name.

Red eyes hardened and became cold once more as the winged mare spoke of her dislike of her own kind. "Sounds like you have a personal problem." There were a few choice names Ktulu would have liked to call the mare, but none of them were appropriate for young ears. "With a disposition like mine you have the son of a god." She said evenly. "With a disposition like yours you have nothing." With that being said she let her attention slip back to the stallion because the mare was not worth anymore time or attention.

"My sister and I lead a band called The Grey." she began to explain. "We fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. Our main goal is to provide some semblance of balance between everyone who sees the world in black and white instead of shades of grey. I lead the group of warriors and my sister leads a band of spies and healers. Should you join us you can choose whatever group suits you the most. If you choose not to, our ranks will be open should you change your mind."

Resurgere | Wroth

Icon by Tay

Unregistered
OOC: It has been 24 hours.. do I skip over Hototo?

OOC Account
ali
ooc:// i'd give boom a little more time to reply since she's been busy with school stuff

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>

"Hototo," I say, my voice rolling easily as I look up at the stallion with bicolored eyes. The crimson surrounding my pupil matched that of my mother's own eyes, one of the few color resemblences we held. I offer a small little smile, graciously, even as mother bends down to nuzzle me softly and whisper into my ears. I glance up at her, a silent apology in my expression as well as a smile. Sometimes being a dreamer could get you lost in the world, even as you aim to discover its wonders.

Bear has found himself a seat by my hooves, and I lower my muzzle toward his upturned face and expell a brush of warm air into the chill of winter, fog filling the mammal's face in a friendly yet quiet greeting. I had already disturbed mother's meeting with these strangers, and I did not wish to become a burden in her conversation by interrupting her selfishly. However, my attention is stolen as the pegasus mare speaks, and I tilt my head up to watch and listen to her. By red eyes, I assumed she spoke of mother, but the tasteless tone in which she did so made my small ears fall back in my mess of white mane, growing considerably long for my young age.

Anyone who insulted mother was obviously misinformed. Mother is beautiful, smart, and strong; only a fool would choose to turn their hearts against such a being. However, I need not defend the honor of my mother, for she easily picks up the train of speech as though it were water and throws it back at the pegasus. Her words catch me off guard, though, and I look to her with widened orbs. The son of a god? As far as I know, I am her only offspring, and I do not recall being any sort of divine creation. Then, it hits me like a brilliant strike of clarity. In astonishment, my eyes fall on Bear in shock and awe.

"Bear is the son of a god!?" I say to myself, a loud whisper in my moment of realization. I never knew the companion that kept me safe was actually the son of a prestigious and holy thing. It would make sense that such a powerful creature would choose to stand beside my mother, but for Bear to also protect me was somewhat of a miracle. I look up from the bear cub and toward mother, my mouth still open half in wonder.

My amazement is enough to make me block out the speech about the Grey. I simply cannot believe that my best friend is a divine son. What a lucky colt I am.
""

Unregistered
The mare speaks words of what sounds like a pleasing place for him. "It would be quite interesting to join your band. I would be no help in the spy category. Fighting is my life." A nod came from the painted stallion. Hototo. It was a nice name. Easy to say, yet not common at all. She then spoke about a god. The words struck his mind heavily. Which God? A short and raspy chuckle slithered from his maw. What a little cute. The foal thought it was the bear, Eyton. He decided it would be best for Ktulu to tell her son... not him.

The unwanted mare set loose aggravated and excluded. Why would he be kind to a rude mare? He wouldn't He let her passed presence escape his simple mind. He narrowed down the foals options to The Earth God. The Sun God had been banished, The God of The Spark... who liked him? The Moon Goddess was.. well a goddess. The Earth God had a warm smile. Who would you choose?

He wouldn't be this talkative in a while. He was a quiet thing, only using his voice for a few various reasons.

Still quite malicious looking, but not on purpose. It was his natural stance. The feather in his mane is only peaceful to those who didn't know its history. The symbol meant war, but also much more. Loss of hundreds of riders, killing thousands, and it also meant one of the best. He sired many foals, but only two survived and they were in war, living up to his expectations and trying to overcome his feather. A slight smile encased his maw, but went away rapidly.

Beauty Posts: N/A
Unregistered
OOC: Bumps

OOC Account
ali
ooc:

Please be patient, Daemy, it's only been two days since you posted. Sometimes it takes a couple of days for me to have enough free time to post.

Ray Posts: N/A
Unregistered
OOC: I didn't want the thread to get to behind. My apologies.

There was more to life than fighting, Ktulu had found, but that was only after she had become a mother. While she was a warrior at heart she did not live solely for the fight. Her main interest was in protecting her son and that had been another reason for The Grey. If they could abolish all the evils that plagued Helovia he would have a stable place to grow and live and not be chased away in the same manner that she and Ophelia and the rest of Isilme's residents had been chased out.

Her head turned in Hototo's direction and she smiled when he asked if Eytan was the son of a god. "Eytan is not." She said before dipping her head down to brush her muzzle against his ears again. "You are."

The mare's answer was simple, but she felt as if that were enough for the time being. If she were to discuss Hototo's father with him she would prefer it be without an audience. "If you are truly interested in being with us you can find us in the Deep Forest." She nodded her head in the direction of the forest. "You're expected to attend any meetings we call."

Resurgere | Wroth

Icon by Tay

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>

My mind was alread absorbing the shock that the bear at my feet was a deity, looking into dark eyes with a stunning realization. My ears were nearly closed to all going on around me, as I came to understand just how lucky I was to have such a playmate. I knew Bear was special, but previously had thought this was due to the fact that he was mother's companion. Mother deserved only the best, so it would be reasonable for her to hold such a creature near to her heart. I smile meekly at my friend, his round face looking up in mine with the fondest sincerity.

How different I was, having no friends aside from my relatives and this small, divine cub.

Well, that is what I thought until mother's words became like the crack of a whip. Eytan is not. I look up at her with confusion, my eyes open as I gaze into the deepest crimson I knew. Her face drew closer and I shut my eyes to welcome her delicate nudges. How much longer until I was old enough to reject her kind love? I thought then that day would never come. Surely, if there was anything in the world I held precious, it was my mother and dear aunt. Unlike the stallion who lived for the fight, I lived for the affection of these people. My purpose was yet unknown, but I was a simple foal and needed little else. To have earned the love of such a powerful mother, I was certainly doing well already. There was no need to trouble myself with greater thoughts.

You are. My eyes open again, a flush of red and green into the see of grey blue of my face. My pupils seek out the face of my mother as my features turn to disbelief instead. Mother would not lie to me. She would not lie. What does this say about me, then? Am I to believe that this pathetic body stems from the genes of the great, or do I call her out for a liar? I let my eyes fall to the ground, remaining silent as I stand with a bear cub at my hooves.

How very different I am.
""